Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

07 Oct 2016 04:04 #1541 by DrMike
Don’t Be Surprised

Today’s Scripture

“Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.”(1 Peter 4:12–13, NIV)

If you know you are going into a challenging season, you can get prepared for it. You can make sure you are mentally ready. But what about the difficulties that we don’t see coming? The unexpected crisis that catches you off-guard? Sometimes, it can seem so overwhelming that it almost knocks the wind right out of you.

The scripture says that we shouldn’t be surprised by fiery trials. That’s because the forces of darkness would not be fighting against you if they didn’t know that God has something amazing in your future! Sometimes, those unexpected difficulties are just a sign that you’re on the right track. It’s always darkest just before the dawn appears. The enemy always fights the hardest when you are closest to your breakthrough. The key is to stay the course and keep fighting the good fight of faith.

In the difficult times, keep your joy and keep declaring God’s Word over your future. God has promised that you will overcome every obstacle. You will defeat every enemy, and you will embrace the blessing and victory He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for walking with me in every season of life. Today, I cast all of my cares on You. I cast all of my difficulties, all of my questions, and all of my concerns. Thank You for working all things out for my good in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Oct 2016 07:02 #1542 by DrMike
Promote Faith

Today’s Scripture

“It is through Him that we have received grace (God’s unmerited favor) and [our] apostleship to promote obedience to the faith and make disciples for His name’s sake among all the nations.”(Romans 1:5, AMP)

Grace is God’s favor, but it’s also His supernatural empowerment. When you have God’s grace and favor, it enables you to accomplish more and be more effective both in your own life and in building His kingdom.

Today’s verse tells us that God’s grace enables us to be obedient to the faith and make disciples among all nations. In other words, grace empowers us to live the life God has called us to. It draws others to Him. Now, maybe you can’t go to all nations today, but you can make a difference in the lives of the people around you. You can “promote faith” by living a life of love and obedience to God’s Word. You can “promote faith” by encouraging the people in your life and living as an example of His goodness.
Today, open your heart and thank Him for His grace that empowers you. Let His truth set you free and then enjoy that freedom! Live as an example of His love because you are making a difference and promoting faith all around you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your grace, favor and mercy that empowers me to live the life You’ve called me to. I receive Your grace by faith. Help me to stay obedient to Your Word and promote Your love and light in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

13 Oct 2016 06:03 #1543 by DrMike
When Weeds Spring Up

Today’s Scripture

“Jesus told them another parable: ‘The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away.’”(Matthew 13:24–25, NIV)

Jesus is telling a parable in Matthew 13 about a man who went out to his field and planted wheat in the ground. He sowed good seed. This represents that he was doing the right thing, honoring God with his life, and being good to others. But while he slept, an enemy came in and planted weeds. The man didn’t know what had happened. He was expecting to have a great harvest; after all, he did all the right things. But the weeds sprang up among his wheat.

Sometimes, things happen in life. Weeds spring up that we didn’t have anything to do with. The key is to keep the right attitude and stay focused on the goodness of God. When these unexpected challenges happen, we can say, “It’s just another weed. I didn’tsow it. I don’t have to reap it.” Then we can keep the door open for God to move on our behalf.

Today, don’t let the weeds take root. Don’t let discouragement creep in. Instead, lift up your eyes of faith to what your Father God can do for you. Keep believing, keep praying and keep hoping because your harvest is on the way!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the truth of Your Word which sets me free. Help me to keep my heart and mind focused on You. Give me Your peace as I uproot the weeds and focus on the harvest that You have for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

14 Oct 2016 04:05 #1544 by DrMike
He Gives Good Gifts

Today’s Scripture

“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father...” (James 1:17, NKJV)

God is a good God, and He has good gifts for His children! He wants to bless you with provision and supply all of your needs according to His riches in glory. He wants to pour out His abundant favor on you and cause everything you touch to prosper. He wants to bless you with spiritual gifts and make you strong in your inner man. He wants you to enjoy your job and be proud of your work each day. These are all gifts from God.

Every good gift from God is meant to draw us closer to Him. He is good and faithful, and He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Seek Him today and experience the life of blessing He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your good and perfect gifts. I open my heart to You and ask that You help me see Your goodness. Draw me to You and fill me with Your peace and joy as I follow You all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

17 Oct 2016 08:48 #1545 by DrMike
And God Said...

Today’s Scripture

“And God said, ‘Let there be light,’ and there was light.” (Genesis 1:3, NIV)

When God commanded light to come forth, it came—at 186,000 miles per second! When God commands something, you can be sure that it’s going to happen. In the same way that He commanded the worlds to be formed, God commanded that you be blessed. He commanded that you prosper and increase. He commanded that you be above only and not beneath. As a believer and follower of Jesus, you are called to be the head and not the tail. If you will get into agreement with God, then you will see this commanded blessing take you further than you ever thought possible.

Today, set your heart and mind on His goodness. Believe that He is ready to take you places that you’ve never dreamed. Receive His promises because He is faithful. If God said it, He will do it...and God said, you are blessed!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness. Thank You for the power in Your Word to change my world. I choose to get into agreement with You and declare that I am blessed! In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”

19 Oct 2016 04:16 #1546 by DrMike
Crowned with Goodness

Today’s Scripture

“You crown the year with Your bounty and goodness...” (Psalm 65:11, AMPC)

The Lord has crowned your year with bounty and goodness! That means there is an abundant supply for whatever you may need spiritually, physically, emotionally and financially. He has also set up a system by which to bless you. It’s the system of seed time and harvest. If you have a need in your life, sow a seed. For example, if you’re lonely and need friends, sow a seed by being a friend to someone.

If you have a financial need, pray and ask the Lord where you should sow a financial seed. The Bible says to give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over. That’s God crowning your year with bounty and goodness. Do you need mercy? Sow seeds of mercy. The more you sow, the greater the harvest you will reap. Remember, He’s already crowned your year with His goodness. Take a step of faith today and sow a seed!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for supplying all of my needs according to Your riches in glory. I submit my resources to You and ask that You show me where I can sow a seed and be a blessing everywhere I go in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

The COFA Tips will resume on October 28, we have a major COFA event Thursday, October 20th through October 27th.

27 Oct 2016 07:54 #1547 by DrMike
Grace for Today

Today’s Scripture

“Give us this day our daily bread...” (Matthew 6:11, NKJ)

Grace is God’s supernatural empowerment and unmerited favor on your life. All throughout scripture, we see God giving daily grace, power, and provision to His people. For example, when the people of Israel were in the wilderness headed toward the Promised Land, God gave them manna each morning to eat. It would just appear on the ground. But, He specifically instructed them to gather up only enough for that one day. In fact, if they gathered more than that, it wouldn’t last, it would spoil. God was teachingthem trust His grace every single day.

In the same way, God doesn’t give us grace for a year at a time or even a month at a time. No, every 24 hours God has a fresh supply of grace, favor, wisdom and forgiveness. How are you going to make it through the seasons of your life? One day at a time.

Look for His grace today. Look for His provision today. Look for His hand of favor because He promises to supply everything that you need for today!

A Prayer for Today

“God, thank You for Your grace and favor on my life today. I know that You have a fresh supply of everything that I need—physically, spiritually and emotionally—today. Help me to trust You more as I seek Your face. In Jesus’ Name.”

28 Oct 2016 04:16 #1548 by DrMike
God is for You

Today’s Scripture

“What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?”
(Romans 8:31, NLT)

There are many misconceptions about God in the world today. Some people think He’s mad at them, and other’s think He’s keeping a list of all their wrongs. But that isn’t what scripture tells us. Scripture tells us that God is gracious, patient and loving; that He is forgiving and doesn’t treat us as our sins deserve. Scripture tells us that God is for us, and if God is for us, who can be against us?

Think about that for a moment. The same God who created the heavens and earth, the one who spoke the universe into existence and knows everything about you, He is on your side and wants the best for you. Today’s verse is a great reminder that when God is for you, no one can win against you. Not the pain of your past. Not any mistake you’ve made. Not the forces of hell, your worst enemy, a bad economy, a difficult housing market or anything else on this earth.

Today, instead of dwelling on what you’re not, dwell on what He is—He is faithful, He is loving, He is with you, and He is for you! And with God on your side, you are headed for victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, You are good! Thank You for choosing me and equipping me with everything I need in this life. Thank You for being my Defender, my Hope and my Victory. I bless You and glorify You in all that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

31 Oct 2016 03:49 #1549 by DrMike
Handpicked by God

Today’s Scripture

“[In His love] He chose us [actually picked us out for Himself as His own] in Christ, before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy...” (Ephesians 1:4, AMP)

Before you were ever born, before the very foundation of the earth, God knew you, planned for you and chose you! He approved you and called you His own. You may have been overlooked by people in your life; maybe you were passed up for a job or overlooked by someone whose opinion you valued. But remember, God won’t ever overlook you! In fact, He handpicked you. He chose you to be holy, or set apart, for Himself.

Meditate on this truth today: You are God’s most valued possession. You are special. You are the apple of His eye. He knows everything about you; He even knows the number of hairs you have on your head. He has given you the gifts and abilities that you have for a purpose. You carry great value and significance. Don’t ever lose sight of the treasure He’s placed within you.

Remember, you are handpicked by God and nothing can change His love for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for loving me today. Help me to understand Your love so that I can show your love to those around me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

01 Nov 2016 08:03 #1550 by DrMike
Plan for Good

Today’s Scripture

“...those who plan what is good find love and faithfulness.” (Proverbs 14:22, NIV)

Do you wake up every morning expecting favor and blessing on everything you do? Do you plan for what is good? When we plan for what is good, scripture tells us that we find love. Ultimately, God is love which means when you plan for what is good, you will find God in the midst of your plans.

Don’t let the negative voices of the world get you focused in the wrong direction. It doesn’t matter what is happening in the economy or the stock market, God’s plan is always for your good. Set your mind on good things and stay in agreement with God. You and God are a majority. Stay in step with Him, plan for what is good, and move forward into the life of victory He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the good plan You have for my life. I choose Your plan and ask that You direct my mind and thoughts according to Your purposes. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 1.123 seconds