Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

23 Sep 2016 05:27 #1531 by DrMike
Our Father

Today’s Scripture

“This, then, is how you should pray: ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.’” (Matthew 6:9, NIV)

In the Lord’s Prayer, have you ever really noticed the way God wants you to address Him? Yes, He is the Almighty King of the universe. Yes, He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. Yes, He is the Omnipotent, Omnipresent and Omniscient One. We should acknowledge and honor His grandeur; we should praise Him because of who He is. But notice that God wants us to address Him as Father first. He wants us to know Him in a close, personal way. He wants to have a loving relationship with you.

So many people view God the way they view their earthly father. If their earthly father was loving and kind, it’s easy to see God the same way. However, if your earthly father was distant or harsh, you may have difficulty seeing God as He really is. Today, search your heart and let go of any preconceived ideas about God. Ask Him to show you who He really is. Be open to receiving His love in a fresh, new way.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I come to You because You are good and faithful. Thank You for loving me and receiving me just the way I am. Show me Your ways; show me Your love and let me know You in a fresh, new way in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Sep 2016 03:54 #1532 by DrMike
Constant Gratitude

Today’s Scripture

“O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever!” (1 Chronicles 16:34, AMPC)

No matter what may be happening in the world around you, you can always find something to thank God for. Gratitude is a powerful force that opens the door to God’s blessing. Having constant gratitude proves your faith in God because not only do you thank Him for what He has done in the past, you thank Him for what He will do in the future. It’s that kind of faith that pleases God. Constant gratitude also shows humility because when we are thankful, we magnify God instead of magnifying our problems. It gives us proper perspective and opens the door for God’s grace, favor and supernatural empowerment.

So what are you grateful for today? Are you grateful for the sun that shines and brings a new day? Are you thankful for the gift of eternal life? As you choose an attitude of constant gratitude, you’ll experience His mercy and loving-kindness in greater ways. You’ll be filled with His peace and joy and pave the way to move forward into the abundant life He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father in heaven, thank You for another day to praise You. Thank You for all You have done in my life. Help me to see Your hand of blessing as I continually acknowledge and praise Your name in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

27 Sep 2016 06:14 #1533 by DrMike
He Holds the Keys

Today’s Scripture

“I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.”(Revelation 1:18, NIV)

Have you ever been locked out of your car or house? It can be very frustrating and inconvenient. Not having your keys can keep you stuck and unproductive. It steals your time and can steal your peace and joy if you let it.

In the same way, we need spiritual keys to access what God has for us—eternal life, peace, freedom and blessing here on earth. But we don’t have to stand on the outside and be frustrated because Jesus holds the keys, and He has opened the way for us to walk through the door of eternal life. Eternal life begins the moment you make Him your Lord and Savior. You don’t have to live in defeat, mediocrity, sickness, sin or any kind of bondage any longer; you have access to the abundant life Jesus came to give!
Today, if you feel stuck, locked out or defeated, remember, Jesus is the one who holds the keys. All you have to do is call on His name, and He will answer. He promises to hear you and will deliver you. He wants to be the hero of your story, so call on Him today and receive the victory He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father God, I boldly come to You thanking You for giving me access to eternal life through Your Son, Jesus. I surrender every area of my heart to You and invite You to make me whole and complete. Set me free from every bondage so I can live free in You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

28 Sep 2016 06:13 #1534 by DrMike
Prolong Your Life

Today’s Scripture

“Do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you peace and prosperity.” (Proverbs 3:1–2, NIV)

So many people today are looking for ways to prolong their lives and renew their youth, but God already has a fail-proof system outlined in His Word. It says in Isaiah that when you put your hope in Him, He will renew your youth. Today’s verse tells us that when you keep His Word close to your heart, it will prolong your life.

Notice it doesn’t say that you will just have a long, drawn out, ordinary life. No, God promises that He will prolong your life and fill your days with peace and prosperity. He wants you to live fulfilled and happy all the days of your life. That’s why it’s so important to keep His Word first place in your life. We can’t allow distractions to steal our focus or get us off course. Today, choose to keep His commands in your heart and enjoy His peace and prosperity all the days of your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father God, thank You for giving me a long, satisfied life. I choose to honor You and keep Your Word first place. Show me Your ways so that I may walk with You all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

29 Sep 2016 06:23 #1535 by DrMike
Gifts by Grace

Today’s Scripture

“We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us...” (Romans 12:6, NIV)

God has given each of us gifts, and He’s given us the grace, the supernatural power to operate in those gifts. In other words, if God has called you to do something, He has equipped you by His grace.

Scripture says that His yoke is easy and His burden is light. That means when we are doing what we are called to do, when we are operating in our gift, there will be an “easiness” about it. That doesn’t mean there won’t be any opposition. It doesn’t mean there won’t be obstacles or that it won’t take effort on your part. But what it does mean is that you will have a supernatural empowerment to do it. It will just come naturally and flow out of you.

If you are doing something that always seems hard, always seems heavy and drains the energy out of you, you might want to spend some time in prayer before God and see if that’s really what He has for you. Just because it’s a “good” thing doesn’t mean it’s a “God” thing. But when it is God, you’ll know it. You’ll feel His supernatural grace empowering you and refreshing you every step of the way.

A Prayer for Today

“Father God, thank You for empowering me to live by Your grace. Help me to discern what You have for me and let go of anything that isn’t Your best for my life. I love You and honor You in all that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

30 Sep 2016 06:05 #1536 by DrMike
Increase of Grace

Today’s Scripture

“...But where sin increased, grace increased all the more.” (Romans 5:20, NIV)

So many people today live in guilt and condemnation over their past mistakes and wrongdoings. They have this attitude that they are too far gone or they’ve made too many mistakes. They think that if they walk into church, the roof will cave in. Friend, if that’s you, nothing could be further from the truth! It doesn’t matter what you’ve done; it doesn’t matter where you’ve been, God’s grace is enough. Scripture says that we are saved “by faith through grace.” Grace is His unmerited favor on you. You can’t earn it no matter how “good” you act, but He’s offering it to you as a free gift. His grace is what empowers you to change and live the life He’s called you to.

Today, don’t live another minute in regret, condemnation, heaviness or despair. Receive His grace. It’s as easy as opening your heart and inviting Him to change your life. Remember, there’s nothing you could ever do that His grace can’t bring you through. So open your heart to Him and receive it today!

A Prayer for Today

“Father God, thank You for Your grace on my life. Thank You for receiving me no matter what I’ve done. I receive Your love and forgiveness. I commit myself to You today and all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

03 Oct 2016 04:00 #1537 by DrMike
An Ornament of Grace

Today’s Scripture

“Do not let wisdom and understanding out of your sight, preserve sound judgment and discretion; they will be life for you, an ornament to grace your neck.”(Proverbs 3:21–22, NIV)

No matter what decisions you may be facing today, God wants to equip you and empower you to make the right choices. Today’s verse tells us that seeking wisdom and discretion brings life and is “an ornament of grace.” How do we seek wisdom and discretion? By making the Word of God a priority. The answer to every situation we face is addressed in God’s Word either directly or by principle. When God’s Word is the final authority in your life, His grace will empower you to live victoriously.

Verses 23 through 26 go on to say, “Then you will go on your way in safety, and your foot will not stumble. When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the LORD will be at your side and will keep your foot from being snared.”

Today, I encourage you to put God’s Word first. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you as you study. Follow His commands and open the way for His grace to cover you. Let His grace empower you to dwell in safety and rest securely all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father God, thank You for Your Word which is life and health to me. I submit myself to You knowing that You have good things in store for my future. I will hide Your word in my heart so that I can receive Your grace and walk in Your ways in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

04 Oct 2016 05:19 #1538 by DrMike
Anxious for Nothing

Today’s Scripture

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”(Philippians 4:6, NASB)

So many people today are living uptight, worried and anxious about the future, filled with frustration and concern. In the natural there may be good reason, but understand, living that way is not God’s best. God doesn’t want us to be filled with anxiety and frustration; He wants us to live in peace. You can find rest in Him knowing that no matter what is happening around you, God Almighty has His hand on you.

The next time you’re tempted to worry or be anxious about something, remember this verse. God invites us to come to Him. In fact, the Bible says He rewards those who diligently seek Him. But notice, we can’t just come to Him any old way. He wants us to come to Him with a heart of gratitude and thanksgiving. Begin by simply saying, “Father in heaven, thank You for the privilege to come before You. Thank You for hearing my prayers.” As you come to Him with an open and humble heart, He will hear you and fill you with His peace and joy to live free from anxiety all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Heavenly Father, today I choose to be anxious for nothing. I choose to set aside my worries and concerns. I thank You for Your faithfulness to meet every need in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

05 Oct 2016 06:25 #1539 by DrMike
He Brings Justice

Today’s Scripture

“And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night?...”(Luke 18:7, NIV)

Have you been crying out to the Lord for something? Maybe there’s a situation in your life that’s been overwhelming, and you feel like you’ve done everything you know to do but can’t see a way through. Be encouraged today because we serve a God of justice! He is faithful to His Word, and He will always be faithful to you.

Not only is He a God of justice, He is your vindicator. One thing we have to remember is that our battle is not with the person who may have wronged us. Scripture says that the enemy of our souls, the accuser of the brethren, is our ultimate enemy. Know today that God already has a plan; He already knows the future, and He will bring about justice! Before eternity is through, He will right the wrongs that have been done to you.

Your part is to release the situation into His capable hands. You don’t have to straighten everybody out or right the wrongs in your life; that’s God’s job. Trust Him with your future because the God of justice is working things out on your behalf!

A Prayer for Today

“Father God, today I release every care, every concern, every situation that is beyond my control. I trust that You are working things out for my good, and You are bringing justice to me. Thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

06 Oct 2016 08:15 #1540 by DrMike
Plan for Good

Today’s Scripture

“...those who plan what is good find love and faithfulness.” (Proverbs 14:22, NIV)

Do you wake up every morning expecting favor and blessing on everything you do? Do you plan for what is good? When we plan for what is good, the scripture tells us that we find love. We know that God is love which means that when we plan for what is good, we will find God in the midst of our plans.

Today, don’t let the negative voices of the world steal your focus or get you off course. Don’t start planning for a bad day; choose to plan for good. The scripture doesn’t say, “Plan for good as long as the economy is booming.” It doesn’t say, “Plan for good as long as the housing market is strong.” It doesn’t say, “Plan for good as long as you aren’t facing any adversity.” No, we can plan for good because we serve a God who is good, and He is ready, willing and able to bring us through any adversity we face! Boldly plan for good today and watch God show up in the midst of your plans!

A Prayer for Today

“Father in heaven, thank You for the good plan You have for my life. I choose Your plan and ask that You direct my mind and thoughts according to Your purposes. Fill me with Your peace and joy. I set my mind on You and boldly embrace the good things You have for me today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 1.106 seconds