Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

25 Nov 2010 07:46 #141 by DrMike
Thanks Be to God

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ...” (2 Corinthians 2:14, NKJ)

God promises to always lead us into victory! That means, no matter what you are facing, no matter what’s going on in the world around you, no matter what anybody says, you should always be thanking God because victory is on the way!

You don’t have to wait for everything to be perfect before you decide to celebrate what God is going to do in your life. Put some action behind your faith. In the middle of that adversity or tough time, start making a list of who you’re going to invite to your victory celebration. That means if you’re in the hospital, start planning what you’re going to do when you get out. If you lost some money when the stock market went down, start planning your coming-out-of-debt party. When things don’t look good in the natural, remember, we serve a supernatural God. With God leading you into victory, you can always plan for increase. You can plan for restoration. You can plan for a comeback that will make you stronger and better than you ever were before!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I give You thanks and praise today for the promise of victory. Give me Your vision for the future so that I can move confidently into the abundant life You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Nov 2010 06:50 #142 by DrMike
Choose Joy

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it” (Psalm 118:24, NLT)

Happiness isn’t just a random feeling; happiness is a choice. It’s a decision that we have to make by an act of our will. All throughout life, you’re going to have plenty of opportunities to lose your joy. We all go through disappointments. We all have times when things don’t go our way. It’s very easy to let the circumstances of life make us sour and dejected until we just go through the motions of day-to-day living. But if you’re going to live in victory, if you’re going to thrive the way God intends, you’ve got to make the decision that you’re going to enjoy your life. You’ve got to choose to be happy in spite of your circumstances, every single day.

Today, remember, this is the day that the Lord has made! Choose to rejoice and be glad in it! As you choose joy, you are tapping into His strength which will carry you through to victory all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for another day to bless and serve You. I choose to rejoice today no matter what comes my way. Thank You for Your peace and strength to overcome in every area of my life! In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

29 Nov 2010 05:44 #143 by DrMike
Make Time

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE
"We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us" (2 Corinthians 5:20, NIV)

It's interesting that many of the miracles Jesus performed weren't planned or scheduled. Oftentimes, they happened when He was interrupted.
Walking down the street, a blind man hollered out, "Jesus! Have mercy! Come over and heal me!" Jesus didn't say, "Don't you know I'm the Son of God? I'm important. I've got a lot to do." No, Jesus stopped what He was doing, went out of His way, and healed the man. Jesus was willing to be inconvenienced to help other people in need.

We have to remember that as believers, we are the hands and feet of Jesus in the earth. We are His ambassadors. We may have a lot on our "to do" lists, but we have to be willing to make time for the people God has placed in our lives. That means not only your friends and family, but people you encounter on a daily basis. Today, keep your heart and mind open because God wants to do something in and through you when you choose to make time for Him.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, today I commit myself wholeheartedly to Your service. Thank You for choosing me and equipping me to be a blessing to the people around me. Use me for Your glory as I set my love and attention on You today. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

30 Nov 2010 04:33 #144 by DrMike
Gifts By Grace

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us...”(Romans 12:6, NIV)

God has given each of us gifts, and He’s given us the grace, the supernatural power to operate in those gifts. In other words, if God has called you to do something, He has equipped you by His grace.

Scripture says that His yoke is easy and His burden is light. That means when we are doing what we are called to do, when we are operating in our gift, there will be an “easiness” about it. That doesn’t mean there won’t be any opposition. It doesn’t mean there won’t be obstacles or that it won’t take effort on your part. But what it does mean is that you will have a supernatural empowerment to do it. It will just come naturally and flow out of you.

If you are doing something that always seems hard, always seems heavy and drains the energy out of you, you might want to spend some time in prayer before God and see if that’s really what He has for you. Just because it’s a “good” thing doesn’t mean it’s a “God” thing. But when it is God, you’ll know it. You’ll feel His supernatural grace empowering you and refreshing you every step of the way.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for empowering me to live by Your grace. Help me to discern what You have for me and let go of anything that isn’t Your best for my life. I love You and honor You in all that I do. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

01 Dec 2010 05:13 #145 by DrMike
Make Room

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I will look on you with favor and make you fruitful and increase your numbers, and I will keep my covenant with you. You will still be eating last year’s harvest when you will have to move it out to make room for the new” (Leviticus 26:9–10, NIV)

God wants to bless you and multiply you. He wants to increase you above and beyond what you could ever ask, think or imagine. But sometimes, we fill our lives with so much that we simply don’t have room to receive all that God wants to give us. People fill their lives with good things, noteworthy obligations and impressive accomplishments. But “good” can be the enemy of “best.” We have to take the time to evaluate what we have in our hands and be willing to move some things out in order to make room for the new thing God has for us.

Today, take some time to evaluate your life. Be open to what God wants to do in and through you. If your hands are full, maybe it’s time to use what you have to bless other people. Don’t let holding on to yesterday keep you from God’s best. Instead, make room because He has abundant blessings in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I open my hands and my heart to You. I choose to release anything spiritually, physically or emotionally that would keep me from Your best. Search my heart, God, and show me where I need to make adjustments to make room for You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

02 Dec 2010 05:30 #146 by DrMike
In His Eyes

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“As parents feel for their children, God feels for those who fear Him. He knows us inside and out...” (Psalm 103:13–14, The Message)

I always find it interesting to see how a parent views their new baby. It doesn’t matter what that baby looks like; it doesn’t matter if their head is still coned, if their nose is still squashed, if they cry or makes a mess, that baby is the apple of its parent’s eyes. They see that child as the most beautiful, perfect creation. They are just as proud and excited as they can be.
Parents see their own children differently than other people do. As believers in Jesus, it’s the same way with our Heavenly Father. You are the apple of His eye. No matter what, He sees you as His most perfect creation. He is proud of you. You are the joy of His heart. Sure, you may make some mistakes; you may fall; you may make a mess, but He is right there ready to pick you up, clean you off and calm your soul. In His eyes, you are an overcomer; you are victorious; you are strong. In His eyes, you are pure and whole. Today, trust in His love, trust in His goodness, and trust that you can find safety and rest in His eyes.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me and keeping me close to You always. I trust that You have my best interest at heart and that You are working in my life because You are my Father. I open my heart and mind to You to receive Your love in a fresh, new way. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

03 Dec 2010 04:25 #147 by DrMike
Recognize What You Have

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone; without a sword in his hand he struck down the Philistine and killed him” (1 Samuel 17:50, NIV)

So often we focus on what we don’t have, how big our obstacles are, and how bad the economy is. “ I don’t have the connections. I’ve got this problem, but I don’t have anybody to help me. I’ve got this dream, but I don’t have the resources.” No, here is what I’ve learned; everything you need to fulfill your destiny is within reach. God will always use something that’s close to you. It may not look extraordinary, but you have what it takes to fulfill your destiny.

When David faced the giant, Goliath, all he had was a slingshot and five stones. It looked ordinary. He could have thought, “I’m not going to face Goliath. That would be foolish. I don’t have a chance.” No, David knew that with God on his side, those ordinary stones would be exactly what he needed. Sure enough, David defeated Goliath and made history.

Today, remember, victory isn’t about what you have, it’s about God’s anointing on what you have. With God on your side, all things are possible! Focus on Him and what He can do in your life because He has extraordinary things in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for equipping me for success and victory in this life. Help me to clearly see the opportunities, connections and resources You have ordained for me. I trust that with You, all things are possible. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

06 Dec 2010 05:13 #148 by DrMike
Every Day is a Gift

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” (Psalm 90:12, NIV)

Sometimes our days can be so full and busy that we forget how fragile life really is. It’s easy to allow little things to creep in and steal our peace and joy. Maybe something doesn’t go our way or someone says something upsetting. Even traffic can cause us to lose focus if we let it. We have to remember that each day is a gift. If we choose to focus on what’s wrong, we’ll miss the beauty that each day has to offer.

I encourage you today; don’t let the precious moments of life pass you by. Don’t wait for holidays and birthdays to show people that you care. Remember, each day is unique and irreplaceable. You have been given time that can be invested or wasted; hours that can be used or misused. That’s why the psalmist prayed to God, “Teach us to number our days.” He was saying, “Teach us to value every moment we’ve been given.” As you daily keep a proper perspective, you’ll gain a heart of wisdom. You’ll draw closer to God and experience the full blessing that He has for you each and every day!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of today. I choose to focus on the blessing of each moment instead of allowing the little things to steal my joy. Keep me close to You always as I submit every area of my heart and mind to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

07 Dec 2010 05:26 #149 by DrMike
Receive the Gift

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Yet to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God” (John 1:12, NIV)

What an amazing privilege it is to know that when we receive Jesus, we become children of the Most High God! The scripture says we are “adopted” into His family. In the natural, by law an adoptive parent can never disown their adopted child. In the same way, God will never disown you! When you receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you become a permanent part of God’s family.

This privilege is a free gift, and when you receive this gift, it’s the beginning of a long life of blessing. Receiving Him means receiving all that He is and all of His promises for your life. It’s a process, but God is the one working in your life, and He promises to complete what He’s started in you. Your part is to keep your heart open and receive by faith every gift, every promise and every blessing in His Word. Receive by saying thank you. Receive by declaring His truth over your life. Receive by obeying the Word of God. Put the Word of God into practice in your life and receive every blessing He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for the gift of eternal, abundant life. Today, I open my heart and mind to You. Have Your way in my heart and help me to receive the wonderful blessings You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

08 Dec 2010 06:05 #150 by DrMike
Unwrap the Gift

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all — how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things?” (Romans 8:32, NIV)

Imagine waking up on Christmas morning and seeing a pile of presents under the tree, but never opening them. Imagine that your friends and family spent a lot of money on you, buying you things you need and desire but could never afford. Imagine that you even know what was inside those packages, but just decided to let them sit under the tree day in and day out, year after year. After all, now you have what you’ve always dreamed of. You own whatever is in those boxes. If anyone asked, you’d say, “Yes, I have that.” But it wouldn’t do you any good because you would never be able to use those gifts unless you took the time to unwrap those packages.

Friend, it’s the same way with God. He wants you to have an abundant life. His gifts are all right there for you wrapped up in the Word of God. You “open” His gift by meditating on His Word, obeying His commands and declaring it out of your mouth.

Today, I encourage you to unwrap your gifts! Don’t let a single present sit “under the tree” any longer. Jesus paid a precious price so you could have both eternal life and abundant life. Unwrap your gifts and live in His fullness today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I receive every good and perfect promise You have for me. I choose to take a step of faith to activate Your Word in my life. Teach me, by Your Spirit, to walk and live according to Your precepts. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.755 seconds