Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

20 Jan 2011 05:56 #181 by DrMike
Bring Out the Best

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...Love is kind...”
(1 Corinthians 13:4, NIV)

You may have heard this verse many times before, but one translation says that “love looks for a way to be constructive.” In other words, kindness isn’t just about being nice; it’s looking for ways to improve someone else’s life. It’s bringing out the best in others.

When you start your day, don’t just spend time thinking about yourself or how you can make your own life better. Think about ways you can make someone else’s life better, too! Ask yourself, “Who can I encourage today? Who can I build up?” You have something to offer those around you that no one else can give. Someone in your life needs your encouragement. Someone in your life needs to know that you believe in them. We are responsible for how we treat the people He’s placed in our lives. He’s counting on us to bring out the best in our family and friends.

Today, ask the Lord to give you creative ways to encourage those around you. As you sow seeds of encouragement and bring out the best in others, God will send people along your path that will build you up, too. Keep showing kindness so you can move forward into the blessing and freedom He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for loving me. Thank You for believing in me and always building me up. I ask that You show me creative ways to encourage and build up the people around me. Help me be an example of Your love today and always. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jan 2011 05:46 #182 by DrMike
Pursue Loyalty

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“He who pursues righteousness and loyalty finds life...” (Proverbs 21:21, NASB)

Have you ever noticed that righteousness and loyalty go together? In other words, if we’re not being loyal — to our family, friends, country, job — then we aren’t going to experience God’s best. Loyal people are honorable people. When you’re loyal, you stick with someone through thick and thin. When you’re loyal, you keep your word — even if you get a “better” offer. Loyal people are respectful of their leaders. They honor their parents and defend their family. When you’re loyal, you are a person of integrity. You build trust and security in others.

Is this an area where you can rise higher? Can you be more loyal? Are you faithful in the things you’re committed to? Don’t let the distractions of everyday life keep you from pursuing loyalty. Look for ways to be faithful to those around you. Is there something you need to set aside for the sake of a loved one? Show your love by staying loyal. As you pursue loyalty and righteousness, good things will come back to you. Just as this verse promises — you will find that abundant life the Lord has planned for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for the promise of life in Your Word. Show me any area where I can rise up higher in pursuing loyalty. Help me, by Your Spirit, to be more faithful and supportive to those around me. Let Your light shine through me as I pursue righteousness and loyalty today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

24 Jan 2011 04:08 #183 by DrMike
Get Ready

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Get ready! This is the day the Lord will give you victory...!” (Judges 4:14, NLT)

It’s easy to get stuck in a rut and go into another year coasting on auto-pilot, expecting the same thing: same problems, same struggles and the same income. But God is a God of increase. He wants us to rise higher and continually grow and reach new levels. What I sense in my spirit is that 2011 is going to be an exceptional year; a year for you to see promises come to pass; a year for you to accomplish your dreams. It’s going to be a year of surprises, and God is going to amaze you with His goodness!

Maybe there’s an area in your life that you’ve struggled with for a long time. It seems like you just can’t get ahead. You need to get ready. This is the year things are going to change. God is about to release His favor in a greater way. You’ve sown the seeds. You’ve planted. You’ve watered. You’ve been faithful. Now you’re about to come into harvest. Get ready and begin to declare by faith, “This is my time for breakthrough! This is my season! This is my ‘above and beyond’ year, and I receive victory in Jesus’ name!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Today, I choose to take the limits off of my thinking and lift my eyes to You. Help me to see the good things You have in store for my future. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

25 Jan 2011 06:36 #184 by DrMike
Step in to Your Season

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart” (Galatians 6:9, NKJ)

This year, I believe, is going to be a year of great harvest for many people. Maybe you’ve been facing some difficulties. Remember, great difficulties lead to great victories. Maybe you’ve felt like the storms of life have been blowing against you, trying to hold you back. I believe this year that the winds are changing direction, and now they are going to start propelling you forward. Due season is coming. It’s not time to sit back. It’s not time to let up. It’s time to press forward. It’s time to rise up! Don’t grow weary while doing good. Keep doing good and don’t lose heart because it’s your time, and it’s your season!

By faith begin to declare, “2011 is my year! I’m stepping into a new season. I’m letting go of what didn’t work out. I’m putting on a new attitude and enlarging my vision. I’m going to go into this year with a new fire and greater expectancy. I’m pressing forward to step into my season!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for the truth of Your Word which sets me free. I declare by faith that my due season is here. I will stand strong, I will keep believing, I will keep praying, I will stay faithful to Your Word. Thank You for the harvest of blessing in store for me in my future. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

26 Jan 2011 05:49 #185 by DrMike
The Wind is Blowing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty”(Zechariah 4:6, NIV)

Are you struggling or striving to make something happen? Maybe you need a breakthrough in your finances or in a relationship. It’s good to do everything we know to do in the natural, but we have to always remember that victory doesn’t come by might, nor by power, but by the Spirit of the living God.

One translation says, “It’s by the breath of Almighty God.” When you know God is breathing in your direction and dare to take a leap of faith and say, “Yes, this is my time; I’m going to accomplish my dreams,” that’s when you will feel a wind beneath your wings. That’s when you’ll feel a supernatural lift, an anointing that will help you accomplish what you could not accomplish on your own.

Today, know that the wind of God is blowing. This is your season. This is your time to believe again. Believe that God can open doors that no man can shut. Believe that He is working behind the scenes in your favor. Believe that it’s your season, it’s your time and get ready to embrace every blessing He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for the power of Your Holy Spirit at work in me. Today, I surrender every area of my heart, my mind, my will and my emotions to You. Thank You for directing my steps and giving me the power to overcome in this life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

27 Jan 2011 05:54 #186 by DrMike
The Land of Hope

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...I’ve pitched my tent in the land of hope...” (Acts 2:26, Message)

Where have you pitched your tent today? In other words, what are you expecting to happen in your life this year? What kind of attitude do you have? If your thoughts are stuck and you’re focusing on what’s wrong or what’s not working, then it’s time to dig up your tent stakes! It’s time to pack up your belongings and move out of the land of discouragement. It’s time to move out of the “Not-going-to-happen” subdivision and move out of “Can’t-do-it-ville.” It’s time to pack your bags and move into the land of hope, faith and expectation!

Every time you catch a negative thought and choose to dwell on God’s promises, it’s like you are packing your bags. Every time you declare God’s faithfulness, you are taking a step in the right direction. The Bible says that those who hope in the Lord will never be put to shame. As you turn your focus toward Him, you are pitching your tent in the Land of Hope — a land where His peace, blessing and victory reign forever more.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for ordering and directing my steps. Thank You for taking me to the land of hope! I choose to set my mind on You, knowing that You are faithful. I release the past and invite You to fill me with Your peace, blessing and victory today and always. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

28 Jan 2011 04:29 #187 by DrMike
Call Things as Though They Are

Today's Scripture

"…the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were" (Romans 4:17, NIV)

Your Words have creative power. Just as God calls things that are not as though they were, we should also declare what we want to see in our lives. In other words, you may have days when you don't feel well, but don't go around saying, "Ah, my back has been hurting me. I'm getting so old. I don't think I'm ever going to get better."When you speak like that, you are speaking defeat into your future. Instead, turn it around. Declare a report of victory by saying, "I may not feel up to par, but I know it's only temporary. God is restoring health unto me. I'm getting stronger, healthier, and feeling younger. My best days are still up ahead."

Remember, you're going to get what you call in to your life. You have creative power in your words, and you are prophesying your future. Declare what God says about you–that you are blessed and you cannot be cursed, that you are above only and not beneath! As you call things that are not as though they were, you will see God's wonderful promises and blessing come to pass in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

Heavenly Father, thank You for entrusting me with Your power. I choose to declare words of life and victory. Help me, Holy Spirit, to use my words to move forward in victory the way You have planned. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

31 Jan 2011 06:48 #188 by DrMike
Embrace Your Season

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven”(Ecclesiastes 3:1, NLT)

God has ordained seasons and cycles in our lives. Sometimes, when our dreams aren’t coming to pass on our timetable, we can be tempted to get frustrated. But we have to be careful not to allow our attitude to keep us from moving forward.

Understand that in God’s kingdom, every season is not harvest. There are plowing seasons, planting seasons and watering seasons. Sure, we would love for every season to be a time of increase; but without the other seasons, we wouldn’t be prepared. It’s during the plowing seasons when God’s bringing issues to light that we need to deal with. He’s getting us prepared for promotion. If you’re not making as much progress as you would like, the key is not to lose any ground. Don’t go backwards. Hold your position by keeping an attitude of faith and expectancy, even when it’s hard. Keep plowing by speaking the Word daily. As you do, you’ll pass the test, and God promises your due season is coming!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, thank You for Your faithfulness in all seasons of my life. I trust that my time is coming, and I choose to remain faithful. I submit my ways to You today and trust that You have the best plan for my life. I love You and praise Your Name today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

01 Feb 2011 06:59 #189 by DrMike
Handfuls on Purpose

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the Lord your God” (Deuteronomy 28:2, ESV)

Our God is a rewarder of those who seek Him! When you keep God first place and do your best to honor Him, the Scripture says, “His blessings will chase you down and overtake you.” That means you will come into increase, promotion and good breaks that you didn’t necessarily deserve. That’s God rewarding you for walking in His ways.

We see this principle in the Old Testament with Ruth. She was out in the fields following behind the workers and gathering up the leftover wheat that they missed. She was trying to take care of her mother-in-law, Naomi, but they were barely surviving. One day, the owner of the fields told the workers to leave handfuls of wheat on purpose for Ruth. Ruth came into blessings that were simply dropped at her feet.

Every one of us can look back and see times where God has left us handfuls on purpose — something that we didn’t deserve or even ask for. We just stumbled into it. That’s a “handful on purpose.” I encourage you to always keep your expectancy up. Keep trusting God and obeying His voice because He is ready to bless you in unexpected ways today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I trust You as my Provider; You are the One who cares for me. I acknowledge You with my love and thank You for leaving me “handfuls on purpose” today! In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

02 Feb 2011 07:31 #190 by DrMike
Brag on Him Today

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“The LORD has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes” (Psalm 118:23, NIV)

I love David’s attitude in today’s verse. He was declaring the goodness of God and bragging on His faithfulness! We need to always remember that every blessing in our life is from Him. That promotion, good break, healing or new opportunity — that was God’s doing. Scripture says that every good and perfect gift comes from the Father above.

We used to sing a song growing up, “Look What the Lord Has Done.” It was a song that just bragged on God. It was a great reminder that all through the day we should be bragging on God’s goodness. We should be remembering His mighty acts. See, when we give God all the glory, that’s when He will pour out His blessings in greater measure. When we are humble and don’t try to take the credit, His grace and favor increases on us.

Today, look for opportunities to brag on God. If you are breathing today, brag on Him as your Creator. If you got to work safely today, brag on Him for being your Protector. If you are facing a difficulty, brag on the fact that He is your Deliverer and breakthrough is on the way! Keep declaring His goodness and faithfulness and watch what God will do on your behalf!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, You alone are worthy of all the praise and glory for the good things in my life! Thank You for blessing me, thank You for the breakthroughs in my past and the breakthroughs in my future. I bless You because You are good, and I choose to brag on You today! In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds