Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

17 Feb 2011 05:51 #201 by DrMike
Arise, Shine

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you” (Isaiah 60:1, NIV)

I believe that in the coming decade, God wants to exceed your expectations! He has amazing things stored up for you. He’ll take you places that you’ve never dreamed and give you breaks that once seemed impossible. I believe that His glory is rising upon His people. I believe that things are going to fall into place so that you can accomplish what God has placed in your heart. Even the hidden dreams that you’ve given up on, God has not given up on them. He is going to do exceedingly abundantly above and beyond all you could ask, think or imagine!

Your mind may try to talk you out of it, but if you’ll listen with your heart, it will resonate on the inside of you. Don’t let discouragement hold you back or keep you down. It’s time for you to arise. It’s time for you to shine. Let that sink down into your spirit today because it’s time for you to receive His blessing so you can be empowered to do everything He has called you to do!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I come to You today with an open and humble heart. Thank You for choosing me and for preparing a bright future for me. I will rise up and reflect Your glory! Let everything I do bring honor to You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Feb 2011 05:32 #202 by DrMike
The Way of the Righteous

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...The righteous give generously” (Psalm 37:21, NIV)

Did you know that when you give to others in need, the Bible says it’s like giving directly to God Himself? When you step out and bless other people, you are honoring and blessing the Lord. The scripture tells us to give our best, to give generously. In other words, stretch yourself. Go out of your way. It may be uncomfortable to walk over and pay for someone’s gas, but that’s being generous.

I encourage you today, look for ways to give generously and meet the needs of others. Remember, people have many different types of needs. There may be someone who needs some encouragement. Give generously when you give that encouragement. There may be someone in your life that just needs a friend; they need some quality time. Give generously of your time and pour into that person. As you give generously to others, God will multiply those seeds in your own life in return!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I come to You today giving all that I have to You. Open my eyes to the needs around me and show me how to be a blessing to others. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

21 Feb 2011 05:22 #203 by DrMike
See His Goodness

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living” (Psalm 27:13, NIV)

David was going through a tough time when he made the declaration in today’s verse. Things weren’t going his way. But he said in effect, “I’m not worried. I’m not upset. I am confident I will see God’s goodness.” In other words, “This situation I’m in may be rough, but that’s not going to steal my vision. That’s not going to cause me to give up on my dreams. I am confident that this year, I will see God’s favor in a new way.”

That’s what our attitude needs to be today because what you focus on is what you will see. No matter what the medical report says, no matter what your finances look like, no matter how bad that relationship may seem, be confident that you will see His goodness! He is the all-powerful, omniscient, Creator of the universe, and He holds you in the palm of His hand. Nothing is too difficult for Him. Take hold of this truth by faith and focus on His goodness today. Allow His peace to settle in your heart and mind as you move forward in His blessing all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for Your goodness in my life. I choose to focus on You today no matter what my circumstances may look like. Give me Your peace as I keep my mind stayed on You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

22 Feb 2011 04:26 #204 by DrMike
What Are You Expecting

Today's Scripture

"…Open wide your mouth and I will fill it" (Psalm 81:10, NIV).

"Do you have your mouth open wide today?" In other words, are you expecting God to fill you and increase you beyond measure? Negative thinking closes you to what God wants to do in your life. If you go around thinking, "Well, I don't think I'll ever meet my sales goals this year with the economy like it is"; or "I don't think I'll ever get promoted. I'm not that qualified"; or "I don't think I'll ever get well", then the problem is that your mouth is barely open. But Jesus said, "According to your faith it will be done unto you." He might as well have said, "If you've got a cup, I'll fill you with a cup level of blessing. If you've got a bucket, I'll fill you with a bucket level of blessing."

Jesus is saying today, why don't you take the limits off? Why don't you believe for supernatural opportunities? Why don't you go out each day expecting increase and promotion? Expect favor, expect peace, expect joy. If you'll go out each day expecting far-and-beyond favor, if you'll "open wide your mouth", you won't be disappointed. He'll fill your cup until it overflows so that you can live the abundant life He has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

Father in heaven, I come before You today with an open and humble heart, ready to receive all You have for me. Teach me to live a life that is pleasing to You so that I can be an example of Your love in the world around me. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

23 Feb 2011 04:51 #205 by DrMike
What God Calls You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And the angel of the LORD appeared to him and said to him, ‘The LORD is with you, O mighty man of valor’ ” (Judges 6:12, ESV)
In scripture, God called Gideon a mighty man of fearless courage. Now Gideon looked around and said, “God couldn’t be talking about me. I come from the poorest family. I’m the least one in my father’s house.” Gideon saw himself as weak, defeated, and not able. But God saw him as strong, confident, and being more than a conqueror.

The question is are we going to believe what God says about us, or are we going to believe what we feel, what we think, or what the circumstances look like? You may feel weak today, but God calls you strong. You may feel like a victim, but God calls you a victor. You may be afraid, but God calls you confident. You may be in debt, God calls you prosperous. You may be sick, God calls you well. You may be addicted, God calls you free. You may feel inadequate, but God calls you well able.

Today, get into agreement with God. No matter what the circumstances look like, you’ve got to dig your heels in and say, “God, I agree with what You call me. I’m free, forgiven and healed in Jesus’ Name!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for loving me and calling me Your own. I choose to receive Your Word which is life, health and strength to me. Fill me with Your peace and wisdom. I set my thoughts on You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

24 Feb 2011 09:41 #206 by DrMike
Somebody’s Rooting for You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1, NIV)
I grew up playing sports, and I’ve experienced the difference it makes to have somebody in the stands pulling for you. When you know they’re watching you, you hear them calling your name, you see their hands up in the air; it does something on the inside. It causes you to jump a little higher and run a little faster. You’ve got a greater determination because you know somebody is rooting for you.

Today, you have a great multitude in heaven cheering you on! They’re saying, “You can do it! You’re a winner! You are well able, strong and equipped. No weapon formed against you shall prosper!”

No matter what difficulty you may be facing, you always have the home field advantage. You are always surrounded by the voice of victory. Let that sink down deep into your heart today. Let it build confidence in you and give you the strength you need to keep moving forward into the abundant, victorious life He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, open the eyes of my heart. Help me to see the grand stands of heaven cheering me on. Thank You for instilling confidence, power and grace in me so that I can run my race and finish strong! In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

25 Feb 2011 09:48 #207 by DrMike
Receive Grace

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“It is through Him that we have received grace (God’s unmerited favor) and [our] apostleship to promote obedience to the faith and make disciples for His name’s sake among all the nations” (Romans 1:5, AMP)

When you receive God’s grace in your life, you are receiving His favor. Not only is grace God’s favor, but it’s also His supernatural empowerment. God’s grace enables you to accomplish more and be more effective both in your own life and in building the kingdom of God. With grace and favor, you can make a difference in the lives of the people around you. You can “promote faith” by living a life of love.

Remember, God wants to empower you with His grace so that you can show love and encourage the people in your life — your coworkers, your family, your friends. How do you receive grace? By simply opening your heart and thanking Him for it. Thank Him for giving you His grace that empowers you. Then, begin to sow grace and favor into the lives of others. Those seeds will come back to you in a mighty harvest of grace in your future!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your promise of grace in my life. Thank You for unmerited favor and empowering me through Your Word. I receive Your grace right now and invite Your love to flow through me today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

28 Feb 2011 06:35 #208 by DrMike
Your Days are Written

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...all the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be” (Psalm 139:16, NIV)

Did you know that God has already written out the story of your life? He’s written out plans for your good, plans to prosper you, plans for peace. That doesn’t mean that you won’t go through negative situations. It means that God will use everything you go through to move you forward toward that good plan.

When things happen that we don’t understand, it’s easy to think, “Why did this happen? Why did this friend betray me? Why did this company lay me off? Why didn’t I get that promotion?” But, you can’t let the things you don’t understand keep you stuck on the same page in the story of your life. You have to decide to turn the page so that you can see the victory waiting for you in the next chapter.

If you are facing a difficulty today, know that God’s plan is to turn it around and use it for your good. The story of your life isn’t over! Keep moving forward, keep believing, keep hoping, keep forgiving because your days are written out for good, and it’s time to turn the page and see the blessing He has in store for your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, today I humbly come to You giving thanks for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I trust that Your plan for me is good, and I choose to turn the page on the past by choosing Your ways. I forgive and release those who have wronged me so I can move forward in the next chapter You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

01 Mar 2011 07:27 #209 by DrMike
Plan for Good

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Those who plan what is good find love and faithfulness” (Proverbs 14:22b, NIV)

Do you wake up every morning expecting favor and blessing on everything you do? Do you plan for what is good? When we plan for what is good, the scripture tells us that we find love. We know that God is love which means that when we plan for what is good, we will find God in the midst of our plans.

Today, don’t let the negative voices of the world steal your focus or get you off course. Don’t start planning for a bad day; choose to plan for good. The scripture doesn’t say, “Plan for good as long as the economy is booming.” It doesn’t say, “Plan for good as long as the housing market is strong.” It doesn’t say, “Plan for good as long as you aren’t facing any adversity.” No, we can plan for good because we serve a God who is good, and He is ready, willing and able to bring us through any adversity we face! Boldly plan for good today and watch God show up in the midst of your plans!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, thank You for the good plan You have for my life. I choose Your plan and ask that You direct my mind and thoughts according to Your purposes. Fill me with Your peace and joy. I set my mind on You and boldly embrace the good things You have for me today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

02 Mar 2011 10:22 #210 by DrMike
He Gives Strength

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak (Isaiah 40:29, NIV)

Oftentimes, when we are facing a difficulty, it’s easy to become weary in our minds and emotions. Trying to figure it all out in our own strength can be exhausting. But we weren’t meant to try to figure everything out, we were meant to trust. We were meant to call on Him and let Him be the hero of our story!

The Bible says in Isaiah that when you cry to God for help, as soon as He hears, He will answer you! He will give you strength when you are weary and increase your power when you feel weak. No matter what is going on in your life today, God is greater than any obstacle or difficulty you may be facing. Do you need strength to overcome a challenge in your life? Do you need power to stand strong in the midst of a storm? Call on Him and He will hear you. Open your heart, and by faith, receive His strength and might. Let Him empower you to live in victory and overcome all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, thank You for hearing and answering my prayers. Fill me with Your strength and power today. I trust that You are working things out for my good as I surrender every area of my life to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.609 seconds