Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

29 Mar 2011 05:07 #231 by DrMike
True Success

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...Freely you have received; freely give” (Matthew 10:8, NIV)

There are a lot of people who are successful in this world. They’ve accomplished their goals in the public eye. But being successful isn’t just about what you make happen for yourself, it’s about what you make happen for others. It’s when you realize, “God has blessed me not to just sit on my throne and let everybody see my accomplishments; God has blessed me to be a blessing to others. God has helped me to win so I can help somebody else win.” In other words, it’s when you realize, “God helped me overcome this addiction, now I’m going to go find somebody and help them overcome.” Or, “God has blessed me with a happy family. I’m going to go find a family that’s struggling and help them get back on track.” That’s what being successful is really all about.

Today, look for ways to help others succeed. Reach back and give freely of the talents and abilities you’ve been given. As you do, you’ll rise up higher and live in the fullness of the blessing God has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for giving me so much. Thank You for blessing me with talents and abilities and the desire to bless others. Show me ways to reach out and help others move forward and help them be successful so we can all rise higher together. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Mar 2011 05:22 #232 by DrMike
Help Others Win

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...He tried to join the disciples, but they were all afraid of him...But Barnabas took him and brought him to the apostles. He told them how Saul on his journey had seen the Lord and that the Lord had spoken to him..." (Acts 9:26–27, NIV)

In Scripture, the Apostle Paul would have never had the impact he did without a man named Barnabas. Barnabas was one of the disciples. He was in Jesus’ inner circle. But Paul, at the time, hated believers and was having them thrown in jail. God touched his life, and he wanted to go to Jerusalem and join the other disciples, but they were afraid of him because of His reputation. Barnabas stood up for Paul and used his influence to open a door with the other disciples. Paul went on to write over half of the New Testament.

We don’t hear a lot about Barnabas. Paul greatly overshadowed him. But if you were to ask Paul he would say, “I won because Barnabas helped me win. I succeeded because Barnabas took a risk and opened a door that I could not open on my own. Barnabas believed in me when nobody else did.”

Friend, there is no greater legacy than to help someone else win. Today, look for ways to use your influence. Help others rise up higher. Sow good seeds because they will come back to you. When you help others win, God will make sure you are surrounded by people who will help you win in return.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, thank You for Your truth which sets me free today. It is my delight to do Your will and help others succeed. Show me ways to be a blessing and help others. Let everything I do bring glory to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

31 Mar 2011 04:58 #233 by DrMike
Be a Dream Releaser

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Be devoted to one another in love...” (Romans 12:10, NIV)

Think about the people God has placed in your life. They’re not there by accident. God brings people to you for a purpose. We should live with this awareness that, “I am here to add value to people. I am here to help them succeed.” Don’t go around always thinking, “I wonder what that person can do for me. I wonder what they have to offer.” No, we should have the attitude, “What can I do for them? How can I help them come up higher? Can I teach them something I know? Can I connect them with someone who can help them?” Don’t make the mistake of going through life ingrown. Instead, be a dream releaser. Use your talent, your influence and your experience, not just to accomplish your goals, but to help release a dream in someone else.

Remember, there is nothing more rewarding than to lay down at night knowing that you helped someone else become better. You not only fulfilled your purpose for that day, you did your best. It may have just been a two-minute phone call where you encouraged someone; but when you live as a dream releaser, you’ll see your own dreams come alive as well!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, thank You for equipping me to be a blessing to others. Show me ways to be a dream releaser and help others to rise up higher. Help me to use my influence to encourage others and honor You always. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

01 Apr 2011 05:16 #234 by DrMike
Find Rest

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls” (Matthew 11:29, NIV)

Sometimes the day-to-day pressures of life can cause unnecessary stress. In fact, many people lose sleep worrying about things or people in their lives. But God doesn’t want us to live stressed out and overwhelmed. He wants us to live a life of rest and peace.

When Jesus walked on this earth, He took time for Himself. He got away from the crowds. He spent time with the Father. That’s how He found rest. He was gentle and humble in heart. Do you ever notice that when you are stressed out or worrying about something, you’re less tolerant of others? You’re more likely to say something you don’t really mean. Today, God wants you to cast your cares on Him and live with a gentle and humble attitude. When you release your burdens and follow the example of Jesus, you will find rest for your soul. You will be rejuvenated and refreshed! You will find peace in your heart, and you will move forward in the abundant life God has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I choose to cast my cares on You. Teach me, Holy Spirit, to have a gentle and humble attitude. Help me find rest for my soul so that I can love others the way You love me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

04 Apr 2011 05:07 #235 by DrMike
Hold On to Your Peace

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"Bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you" (Luke 6:28, NIV).

I've learned that some people are peace stealers. They feel like it's their calling in life to aggravate you, try to make you look bad, and tell you what you can't do. They'll try to bait you into an argument to get you upset, annoyed and frustrated. But don't take the bait! Nothing is worth losing your peace over. They may think they're getting the best of you, but in the end, God can use that to take you higher. When people come against you, choose to keep your peace. Choose to forgive. Pray for that person because that's how you disarm the enemy against you.

Scripture says your battle isn't against flesh and blood. In others words, that person isn't your enemy; the accuser—Satan—is your enemy. He's trying to bring division and get you upset. But when you choose to keep peace, when you keep walking in love and keep a smile on your face, you are overcoming his tactics. That's how you win. Today, choose peace, choose to walk in love, and choose the victory God has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for giving me Your peace and strength today. I choose to hold my peace and bless those who come against me. I choose to walk in love and forgiveness so that I can honor You in all that I do. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

05 Apr 2011 04:44 #236 by DrMike
Avoid Stumbling

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"Great peace have they who love Your law, and nothing can make them stumble" (Psalm 119:165, NIV).

If you're outside walking and see something that could cause you to trip and fall, maybe a rock or a stick, you probably don't make a big deal about it and just go around it. However, if you are distracted, not looking where you're going, or if it's too dark to see, that same object can become a stumbling block.

Friend, in our spiritual journey, the enemy has strategically placed all kinds of stumbling blocks in our paths. When we make the Word of God our number one priority, it helps us to move forward with our eyes wide open. His Word lights our path and helps us see clearly where to step. When we love His Word, we keep our peace and avoid stumbling. Remember that the most important thing you can do is take time to read and meditate on His Word. His Word is life and strength to your body, and it will protect and direct your every step today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your Word which is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I choose to hold Your commands close to my heart knowing they will protect and guide me. I bless You and thank You for keeping me close to You. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

06 Apr 2011 04:52 #237 by DrMike
A Place of Abundance

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"…We went through fire and water, but You brought us to a place of abundance" (Psalm 66:12 NIV).

Everyone has times in life when they feel like they are going through the fire, so to speak, or they feel overwhelmed with everyday life. If that's you today, understand that God is going to bring you through those challenges. He's going to bring you through the fire and the flood into a place of abundance and victory! We serve a God of more than enough, and His desire is to always make sure you have whatever you need to be successful and victorious in every area of your life.

Remember, John 10 says that Jesus came so that we can have life—abundant life! He wants you to have an abundance of resources, an abundance of wisdom, an abundance of peace—everything you need. Open your heart and thank Him for His goodness. Begin to receive His promises by faith. Let your praise open the door for Him to move on your behalf so He can take you to a place of abundance in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I humbly come to You today, giving You all that I am. Thank You for leading and guiding me into a place of abundance and victory. I give You all the glory, honor and praise. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

07 Apr 2011 05:21 #238 by DrMike
He Will Deliver You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"Call on Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall honor and glorify Me" (Psalm 50:15, AMP).

Are you facing trouble in any area of your life today? God is standing ready to deliver you. He promises in His Word that He is near to all those who call upon His name. No matter what you may be going through, have confidence knowing that God is working behind the scenes on your behalf. He promises to deliver you!

Notice that today's verse tells us that our part is to honor and glorify Him. In other words, you don't have to wait until everything is perfect to give Him praise. You can give Him honor and glory right now. You can thank Him for all He's done in your life so far and what He will do in your future.

Call on Him today and focus on having an attitude of faith and expectancy. Speak His Word and declare His promises over your life. Trust in Him because He will take you places you've never dreamed. As you praise Him, He'll deliver you and take you higher and higher into the good life He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I call upon Your name. I call upon You as my Salvation and my Deliverer. I trust that You are working on my behalf and choose to give You the glory, honor and praise. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

08 Apr 2011 04:49 #239 by DrMike
Nothing Wasted

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"After everyone was full, Jesus told His disciples, "Now gather the leftovers, so that nothing is wasted" (John 6:12, NLT).

The Bible tells of a time when Jesus fed a crowd of five thousand with only five loaves and two fish. That day, everyone had more than enough to eat, and there were still twelve baskets full of bread and fish leftover—more than what they started with! We serve a God of abundance! I love that Jesus told the disciples to collect all the leftovers "so that nothing is wasted." With God, nothing is ever wasted. He'll never waste an experience, He'll never waste a hurt, He'll never waste a dream, He'll never waste even a single piece of bread.

If you've felt like you've wasted years of your life in the wrong job, hanging around the wrong people, doing the wrong things, God will gather those years and restore them back to you. He'll take those experiences that the enemy meant for your harm and turn them around for your good. He'll make you stronger, wiser and better off than you were before. He can launch you further into your destiny than before. Be encouraged today because with God all things are possible and nothing is ever wasted!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I give You every bit of my life, my past, my present and my future. Thank You for taking every experience in my life and turning it around for my good. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

11 Apr 2011 06:26 #240 by DrMike
A Supernatural Perspective

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland” (Isaiah 43:19, NIV)

So often, people limit themselves in their thinking. They don’t think they’ll ever accomplish their dreams. They start thinking they don’t have the talent, the connections or the funds. They don’t think a marriage could ever be restored or they’ll ever get out of debt. But that kind of thinking comes from looking at things in the natural. That’s a limited perspective. We have to realize that God is a supernatural God. And just because we don’t see a way doesn’t mean that God doesn’t have a way. God can bring one opportunity across your path that will thrust you to a new level. He has explosive blessings that can blast you out of debt and into abundance! He can do what medical science can’t do!

Today, I encourage you to take the limits off your thinking. Lift up your eyes to Jesus, the Author and Finisher of your faith. Trust that He is working behind the scenes on your behalf, and He will make a way out of no way. Remember, what you are facing may seem impossible with man, but when God puts His “super” on your “natural,” anything is possible!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your hand of blessing on my life. Help me to take the limits off my thoughts and see with a supernatural perspective. Today, I choose to lift up my eyes to You, Jesus, the Author and Finisher of my faith. In Jesus’ Name. Amen!

Time to create page: 0.540 seconds