Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

20 May 2011 06:14 #271 by DrMike
As You Wait

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Dear brothers and sisters, be patient as you wait for the Lord’s return. Consider the farmers who patiently wait for the rains in the fall and in the spring. They eagerly look for the valuable harvest to ripen.” (James 5:7, NLT)

God has put dreams and desires in every person’s heart. But most times, there’s a season of waiting involved. Maybe you’re waiting for a relationship to improve; waiting to get married; waiting for a promotion; or waiting to overcome an illness. Much of life is spent waiting. But there’s a right way to wait and there’s a wrong way to wait. Too often, when things don’t happen on our timetable, we get down and discouraged or anxious and fretful. That’s because we’re not waiting the right way.

Notice that today’s verse doesn’t say if you wait, it says as you wait. The fact is we’re all going to wait. It goes on to say that we should consider how the farmer waits — patiently and eagerly. We’re not supposed to sit around discouraged; we’re supposed to be hopeful, positive and full of expectancy!

Today, no matter what you are praying for, expect things to change in your favor. Today could be the day that God turns it all around. As you wait with patience and expectancy, you’ll open the door for God to move. He’ll fight your battles, and you’ll see that abundant harvest He’s promised in every area of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, today I choose to wait expectantly for You. I trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I put my trust and hope in You knowing that You have good things in store for my future. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 May 2011 04:01 #272 by DrMike
Grow Your Faith

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God” (Romans 10:17, NKJV)

Scripture tells us that every person has been given a measure of faith. That faith can grow and increase; or it can be diminished. Notice today’s scripture doesn’t say, “Faith comes by having heard the Word of God one time.” It’s by hearing — present tense. Sure, God’s Word can transform us in an instant, but most of the time, we need to hear God’s truth over and over again in order for it to become active in our lives. The more we hear the Word, the more His truth chisels away at the doubt and unbelief that’s been built up over the years. His truth sets us free and causes our faith to grow!

Just as a seed needs water daily to grow, your spirit needs the Word of God daily. Your faith needs to be watered by His Word. It can be as simple as selecting a few scriptures to meditate on daily. Write them down and carry them in your purse or wallet. Read them out loud over and over. Let His truth sink down into your heart and move you forward into the freedom and victory He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, thank You for Your Word that is living and active and growing in my life. I submit myself to You today and ask You to teach me Your ways. Give me insight into Your Word so that I may know You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

24 May 2011 06:01 #273 by DrMike
Line up Your Heart

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart” (1 Samuel 16:7, NIV)

When the Lord looks at your heart, what does He see? Everyone has an outer life and an inner life. The outer life is our public life that everyone can see. The inner life is made up of your thoughts, your attitudes and your motives. Only you and God know what’s going on inside. Too many people go around today pretending, acting one way, yet on the inside they’re thinking something totally different. Their heart and their actions don’t line up. But we have to understand that God looks at the inside. We can fool a lot of people, but we can’t fool God. God would rather us be open and honest than to go through life pretending or trying to be something that we aren't.

Today, take inventory of what’s going on inside of you. Are you at peace? Are you overlooking offenses? Do you believe the best in people? Do your heart and actions line up? If not, submit your ways to the Lord and ask Him to give you an undivided heart so that you can be pleasing to Him all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Dear Father, I humbly come before You today and ask that You search the deep places of my heart. Show me if there is any area where I need to line up my heart and actions. Help me to be authentic in You today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

25 May 2011 05:59 #274 by DrMike
Fulfilling the Law of Christ

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ” (Galatians 6:2, NIV)

When we live in peace and unity, it pleases God. When we love and serve others, putting their needs above our own, we are honoring Him. When we carry each other's burdens, we are fulfilling the law of Christ, which is to love others.

What does it mean to carry each other’s burdens? There are many ways to reach out to people and help shoulder their load of life. Just by giving an encouraging word or smile, you can help lighten the load for someone. When you pray and intercede for others in their day of difficulty, you are helping to carry their burdens. Maybe there are other ways to help the people around you. Maybe you can pay for someone’s groceries or give someone cash at the gas pump. Anytime you help others and reach out to those in need, scripture says you are directly lending a hand to God Himself.

Today, look for ways to lighten the load for the people around you. Be a burden lifter. Remember, in God’s kingdom what you sow, you shall reap. When you help others, God promises to repay you. He’ll pour out His victory and blessing upon you all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, I want to fulfill Your law of love by serving and helping others. Show me how to be a blessing to the people around me so that I can help carry their burdens. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

26 May 2011 04:57 #275 by DrMike
Experience His Love

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:38–39, KJV)

God loves you so much today! He wants you to know and experience His love. When you experience something, it becomes real to you. You “own” it, so to speak. For example, let’s say you’ve never eaten chocolate before. Someone else can describe it to you. They can tell you all about the taste and texture, but until you take a bite of it, it won’t really mean anything.

In the same way, you can hear all about God’s love and how wonderful He is, but it’s not until you experience it first hand and allow His love to sink down into your heart that something happens on the inside of you. His love changes you. It builds confidence and strength in you. It empowers you to overcome temptation and to stand strong no matter what difficulty you may be facing. When you open your heart and receive His love, you will be fully persuaded that nothing can separate you from Him!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, I open my heart to You today. Fill me with Your love so that I can know You more. I desire to experience You in every part of my being. I surrender every area of my life to You. Have Your way in me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

27 May 2011 04:33 #276 by DrMike
Finish Strong!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...Run in such a way as to get the prize” (1 Corinthians 9:24, NIV)

Oftentimes, when we have a dream in our heart, we start off strong. We head down the path toward our goal, and we’re so excited! But along the way, we hit some roadblocks and encounter some adversity. Many times, people will just give up and take the easy way out. But we have to remember, it’s not how we start that counts; it’s how we finish. Anybody can be fired up at the beginning, but I’m encouraging you to stick with it until the end! Have the determination to go all the way through. Don’t stop at the halfway mark just because times are tough. Don’t quit because you don’t see anything happening. The scripture tells us not to walk by sight, but to walk by faith.

Today, if there’s a dream in your heart, something you’re believing for — a relationship to turn around, a business opportunity or to overcome an addiction — keep pursuing it! Run your race to win the prize! Don’t settle until you see the fullness of what God has placed in your heart. As you stand strong in your faith, I believe God will pour out His favor and blessing upon you, and you will see the victory He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, today I choose to stand strong in You. I set my focus on Your promises and choose to run my race with conviction. I let go of the past by faith today and press forward into the destiny You have in store for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

30 May 2011 09:25 #277 by DrMike
He Knows What’s in You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart” (Psalm 37:4, AMP)

Are you believing God for something that seems like it’s taking a long time? In the natural, you may have every reason to give up on what God has placed in your heart. At times, you may be tempted to get discouraged, but remember, God knows exactly where you are. He knows the desires He’s placed within you. He knows even the hidden dreams — what the scripture calls the secret petitions of your heart. Those are the things that you haven’t told anyone about. Maybe you thought they would never work out, or you’ve buried them because they didn’t happen on your timetable. But God still has a way to bring them to pass.

Be encouraged today because God is working behind the scenes on your behalf. Delight yourself in Him — find joy in serving Him and make your heart moldable in His hands. Don’t settle for mediocrity because God knows what’s in you, and His plan is to finish the work He began in you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, I humbly come to You today giving You all that I am. Thank You for fulfilling every desire in my heart. Mold me and shape me into Your image. Remove anything from my life that is displeasing to You so that everything I am brings glory to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

31 May 2011 05:58 #278 by DrMike
Attitude in Adversity

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus” (Philippians 2:5, NIV)

There’s an old saying “attitude determines altitude.” In other words, a positive, faith-filled attitude will cause you to rise higher in life, but a negative, self-critical attitude will only drag you down.

When we face adversity, our attitude affects the outcome. Are we going to treat people right even when we’re being mistreated? Are we going to stay full of joy even when the bottom falls out? So many people get all bent out of shape and start complaining when things don’t go their way, but that kind of attitude only closes the door to God’s miracle-working power. The Bible says that faith is what pleases God. Understand that He’s trying to work in your life. He’s trying to get you prepared for promotion, but you’ve got to stay on His side. You’ve got to stand strong and fight that good fight of faith!

If you are going through a difficult time today, I encourage you to keep an attitude of faith and expectancy. Start thanking God for bringing you through to the other side. As you stand strong, I believe you’ll rise higher. I believe you’ll come out stronger and wiser, and you will continue moving forward in the abundant life God has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, today I choose to have a positive, faith-filled attitude. I choose to bless You and trust You even when things don’t make sense in my natural mind. I know You have a good plan for me and trust that You are working all things out for my good. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

01 Jun 2011 05:40 #279 by DrMike
The Power of Integrity

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The Lord judges the people; judge me, O Lord, and do me justice according to my righteousness [my rightness, justice, and right standing with You] and according to the integrity that is in me” (Psalm 7:8, AMP)

Integrity is a powerful attribute in the life of the believer. Integrity means that you are dependable. You are a person of your word. You’re consistent and honest.

You might say, “Oh, I’m a pretty good person. I do the right thing most of the time.” But understand, it’s the little foxes that spoil the vine. You can veer off course just a little bit, and before you know it, you’re miles away from your destination. Don’t allow the little things to keep you from your destiny; choose integrity — even when no one is looking. For instance, you might need some paper at home, but you shouldn’t take supplies from the office. Or, you might be running into a store for just a minute, but don’t park in the handicap parking spot unless you’re supposed to. If the checkout clerk makes a mistake and gives you too much money back, that’s not God’s provision, that’s a test of integrity!

Remember, if you’ll be faithful and choose integrity in the little things, God will make you ruler over much. Be a person of integrity and open the door for God’s blessing and honor all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, today I commit to live a life of integrity. I choose a life of excellence and ask for Your hand of favor. Show me any area that is not pleasing to You so that I can continue to grow and increase in You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

02 Jun 2011 06:26 #280 by DrMike
Get Ready for More

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back...” (Isaiah 54:2, NIV)

God has greater blessings in store for you! He has favor in your future like you’ve never imagined. He wants to take you places that you’ve never dreamed. But in order for us to partake of all these blessings, we have to increase our capacity to receive.

Think about this: if you have a one-gallon bucket, and someone has fifty gallons to give you, the problem is not with the supply. The problem is that you don’t have the capacity to receive the fifty gallons. But if you get rid of that small container and get something larger, then you will be able to receive more. It’s the same way with God. If we think we’ve reached our limits, the problem isn’t that God doesn’t have the resources or the ability. The problem is that our container is too small. We have to enlarge our vision and make room for the new things God has for us. Our attitude should be, “Even though the economy is down, I know God is still on the throne. I know wherever I go His goodness and mercy follow me.” When you have that kind of attitude, you’re increasing your capacity to receive so that you can live the abundant life He has in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I choose to increase my capacity to receive from You. I let go of limited thinking and old mindsets and open myself to everything You have in store for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds