Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

30 Jun 2011 10:55 #301 by ScienceChic
If I could, I'd like to make a request please, for healing prayers for TPP's Dad and Comfort prayers for his family. Thank you.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jun 2011 13:29 #302 by DrMike
SC, got it covered, thanks for the heads up. Will be praying and passing this request to others, be blessed!

01 Jul 2011 04:18 #303 by DrMike
Let the Encouragement Flow

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up”(Proverbs 12:25, NLT)

When you see someone who is struggling, a co-worker who is discouraged, a friend who is not up to par, how do you respond? Our words can be what keeps a person going; our compliments can put a spring back into their step. Now more than ever, we need to automatically let the encouragement flow. We need to tell others how much we love them, how we value them, and tell them that they are talented and creative. Always remember, with your words you carry life-giving water. You carry hope, healing, encouragement and new beginnings, and you can pour it out everywhere you go.

Today, choose to speak encouragement. Choose to speak victory and faith. Instead of telling people what they’re doing wrong, instead of pointing out all their faults, find what they are doing right. Focus on the good. There are already enough critical, judgmental people in the world. Let’s be people who lift up others and restore them. Let’s be the light of Jesus in the world.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for speaking through me. Thank You for using me to be a blessing to others. Thank You for encouraging my heart as I find ways to encourage the people around me. I love You and bless Your holy Name. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

04 Jul 2011 05:31 #304 by DrMike
Declare Your Freedom

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“You have been set free from sin...” (Romans 6:18, NIV)

Today in America, we celebrate Independence Day. July 4, 1776 was the day America declared her independence, but the battle for freedom went on until 1783 — seven years later. Even though the people declared their freedom in 1776, they had to stand and fight for many years before the British would accept and recognized the United States of America.

In the same way, we have to declare our freedom and be determined to stand against the opposing forces in our lives. We have to declare our freedom from addiction, poverty, sickness and lack. We have to stand and fight until we fully experience His freedom and the peace that He has promised.

I love what the early colonists did once they signed the Declaration of Independence. They read it out loud in public. They published it in the newspaper. They spread the word. They continued to declare and celebrate even though they were in the midst of the battle.

Whatever battle you may be facing today, declare that you are free! Declare that you are an overcomer! Celebrate now because the victory you seek is on the way!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, thank You for setting me free in every area of my life. I declare today that nothing can hold me back. I declare that I am free from sickness, poverty, lack and addiction. I declare that You have set me free and thank You for freedom and discipline in every area of my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

05 Jul 2011 05:40 #305 by DrMike
Free for All

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...God does not show favoritism but accepts men from every nation who fear Him and do what is right” (Acts 10:34–35, NIV)

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom — and God’s freedom is free for everyone! It doesn’t matter what your nationality or heritage is, or who your family is. It doesn’t matter how much money you have or don’t have. God wants you free from everything that would hold you back from having a personal relationship with Him. God longs to pour out His goodness and blessing on all who honor Him and do what is right. In fact, the Bible says in Galatians that in Christ, there is no Jew or Greek or even male or female. That means God’s not judging you based on physical conditions. He’s looking at your heart. He’s looking at the gifts He’s placed inside of you. He’s responding to your faith in Him.

Don’t let the enemy lie to you and tell you that God is blessing everyone else but you. Look for the ways He is pouring out blessing in your life. Thank Him for His acceptance, love and freedom. Focus on honoring Him and doing what is right, and you’ll find freedom and blessing in Him.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, thank You for loving and accepting me. I choose to do what is right and honor You with my attitude, words and actions. Holy Spirit, show me if there is anything in my life that isn’t pleasing to You and help me live as an example of Your goodness all the days of my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

06 Jul 2011 04:45 #306 by DrMike
Abide in Him

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who abides in Me while I abide in him produces much fruit...” (John 15:5)

Did you know that God wants you to live in Him? He wants to be your source of life. He wants you to abide in Him and rely on Him for everything. He wants to be your source for strength, provision, hope and joy. Like the air you breathe, He wants you to rely on Him for your very existence.

Abiding in God begins by meditating on Him, His Word and His goodness. You stop and think about Him when you go to sleep at night. You think about Him when you first wake up. You think about His promises all throughout the day and continually fellowship with Him in prayer. You make Him your number one priority and stay connected with other believers at church. Notice what this verse says will happen when you abide in Him — you will produce much fruit! When you are connected to God, everything you set your hand to will be fruitful and blessed. Just like a branch thrives when it is connected to the vine, you’re going to thrive and be prosperous when you are connected to Almighty God.

Depend on Him today and make Him your number one priority. Abide in Him and let Him pour out His abundant favor and blessing on you all the days of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, today I choose to abide in You. Like the air I breathe, I know I am totally dependent on You. Thank You for Your promise of blessing on me and help me to always be a blessing to other people. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

07 Jul 2011 06:30 #307 by DrMike
Value Every Moment

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom” (Psalm 90:12, NIV)

Sometimes, our days can be so full and busy that we forget how precious and fragile life here on earth really is. It can be so easy to allow little things to creep in and steal our peace and joy. Maybe something doesn’t go our way, or someone says something upsetting. Even traffic can cause us to get our focus off if we let it. We have to remember that each day is a gift. If we choose to focus on what’s wrong, we’ll miss the beauty that each day has to offer.

I encourage you today; don’t let the precious moments of life pass you by. Don’t wait for holidays and birthdays to show people that you care. Remember, each day is unique and irreplaceable. You have been given time that can be invested or wasted; hours that can be used or misused. That’s why the psalmist prayed to God, “Teach us to number our days.” He was saying, “Teach us to value every moment we’ve been given.” As you keep a proper perspective, you’ll gain a heart of wisdom. You’ll draw closer to God and experience the full blessing that He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of today. I choose to focus on the blessing of each moment instead of allowing the little things to steal my joy. Keep me close to You always as I submit every area of my heart and mind to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

08 Jul 2011 04:40 #308 by DrMike
This One Thing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead” (Philippians 3:13, NLT)

Are you determined to forget the past? I know many people don’t fully understand what that means. They wonder, “How can I forget something that’s happened to me?” But one definition of the word forget is to disregard intentionally or to overlook. In other words, you have to choose to disregard your past so that it doesn’t hold you back. That means the good and the bad. Sometimes our past victories keep us from rising higher as much as our past failures can. If we don’t let go of the old, we’ll never be able to embrace the new.

It doesn’t matter what’s happened in your past, it’s time to forget what lies behind and make the choice to look forward. Trust that God has a better future in store for you. Trust that He’s working behind the scenes on your behalf. Trust that He who promised is faithful — as you forget what lies behind and press forward, you’ll experience His power and blessing in a fresh, new way.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, I choose to forget the past today. I don’t want anything to hold me back from the good future You have prepared for me. I choose forgiveness and ask that You help me, by Your Spirit, to press forward in every area of my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

11 Jul 2011 03:54 #309 by DrMike
The Fullness of the Blessing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I know that when I come to you, I will come in the full measure of the blessing of Christ” (Romans 15:29, NIV)

As believers in Jesus, we have what the Scripture calls “the blessing.” It’s God’s empowerment, His divine enablement to accomplish the dreams He’s given us. The blessing is simply God’s favor on your life. It’s when He’s breathing in your direction. When you walk in the blessing, you make good decisions. You see supernatural opportunities. The right people come across your path. You realize it’s not your own strength or ability; it’s the blessing of God on your life.

We’ve all experienced a measure of this blessing. We’ve seen a measure of God’s favor. But I believe there is a level of blessing that God wants to release in your life like nothing you’ve ever seen before. He wants you to experience the fullness of His blessing. That word “fullness” means “to the highest degree and the greatest measure.”

Today, I encourage you to open up your heart and mind up to receive the fullness, the highest and greatest measure, of His favor and blessing. Don’t settle where you are. Instead, look for ways to yield yourself more to Him and allow Him to work in your life to a greater degree. Through faith and patience, you will inherit His promises and enjoy the abundant life He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness. Thank You for increasing in me as I yield myself to You. Help me to be more like You, full of Your love and goodness as I receive Your favor and blessing upon my life today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

12 Jul 2011 05:38 #310 by DrMike
Get Excited About Your Future !

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until full day” (Proverbs 4:18, ESV)

No matter what is happening in your life today, as a believer in Jesus, you have a reason to be excited about your future! If things seem dark right now, know that the dawn will soon appear. The key is you have to remember that you are not here by accident. You have a purpose and destiny to fulfill, and He isn’t finished with you yet. Your best days are not behind you; your best days are out in front of you.
One thing I know is that God is a God of increase. He has greater things in store for your future than you have experienced in your past. His dream for your future is so much bigger than your own. He wants to take you places that you’ve never dreamed and open up doors that you’ve never imagined. He wants to bring talent out of you that you didn’t even know you had. He wants to increase you and cause you to be a greater blessing to the people around you.

Today, get your hopes up and get excited about your future! Begin to thank Him for what He has in store. Keep standing, keep believing and keep moving forward because God has explosive blessings in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, I humbly come to You giving You all that I am. I trust that You have good things in store for my future. I choose to keep my eyes on You no matter what’s happening in my circumstances. I know that You are faithful, and I receive the blessings that You have in store for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.982 seconds