Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

03 Jun 2011 04:37 #281 by DrMike
Life-Giving Water

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The words of a man’s mouth are deep waters...” (Proverbs 18:4, NIV)

All over the world, there are people who are lonely, they’re hurting, they’ve been through disappointments; they’ve suffered heartache and pain. As believers, God has given us something to offer them. We have life-giving, refreshing water in us. With our words, we can bring healing. With our words, we can lift them out of depression. With our words, we can tell them, “You’re beautiful. You’re amazing. You’re talented. God has a bright future in front of you.” Those life-giving words will break the chains of depression. They will break the chains of low self-esteem. You can help set people free from the strongholds that are keeping them back. You may not know all that is happening, but God can take one compliment, one encouraging word, and use that to begin the healing process and set that person on a brand new course. And when you help break the chains off of others, any chains that you might have will be broken off, too!

Today, choose to speak encouragement. Choose to speak life. Tell others what they can become, give compliments, and live life as a healer. Pour out that life-giving water with your words and watch it come back to you in abundance!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing Your healing waters to flow through me by your precious Son, Jesus. I choose to pour out life onto others and refresh them with life-giving words. Direct my words, order my steps, and let everything I do glorify You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jun 2011 04:40 #282 by DrMike
Believing is Seeing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible” (Hebrews 11:3, NKJV)

You were created by Almighty God to live a blessed and fulfilled life. But so many people live far below the level of what God truly intends for them simply because they don’t see how it could happen. But the truth is you have to believe before you’re ever going to see something take place in the natural. You have to look with your eyes of faith because the provision, healing and miracle that you need is already available in the supernatural realm.

You might say, “Well, I don’t know how to do that. I don’t know how to look with my eyes of faith.” The way you open your eyes of faith is by reading and meditating on the Word of God. His Word deposits strength and faith inside you and illuminates your heart. His Word causes your faith to grow so you can believe His promises. And when you believe it, then you will see it because all things are possible for those who believe!

Today, feed your faith by meditating on His Word. Declare His promises over your life. Keep moving forward with an attitude of faith and expectancy knowing that He has victory in store for your future!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your sweet and precious promises. I choose to open the eyes of my heart so that I can see and receive the good things You have for me. Help me to be a blessing to others and keep my mind stayed on You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

07 Jun 2011 04:31 #283 by DrMike
See Him

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Consider and answer me, O Lord my God; lighten the eyes [of my faith to behold Your face in the pitchlike darkness]...” (Psalm 13:3, AMP)

We serve a mighty God who wants to do great things in the lives of His people! So many people today struggle with believing that God desires good things for them. Maybe they grew up being taught that God was mad at them, or maybe they had some bad experiences that shaped their perspective. But the truth is God’s not mad at you today; He’s madly in love with you!

In the natural, the more you know someone, the easier it is to believe what they have to say. The same is true with God. The more you know Him, the more you will know His unconditional love. When you open the eyes of your heart by reading and meditating on His Word, you will clearly see His goodness and the wonderful plan He has for your future.

Today, I encourage you to seek Him so you can see Him, know Him and trust Him. Let His Word illuminate your heart so you can see clearly with your eyes of faith. Ask Him to reveal Himself to you so you can find confidence in His love and experience the blessing He has in store for your future!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for another day to praise and glorify You. I want to know You more. I choose to look out with my eyes of faith so I can see the good things you have in store for my future. I bless You today and always. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

08 Jun 2011 05:10 #284 by DrMike
Holding Fast

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for He is faithful that promised)” (Hebrews 10:23, KJV)

“Hold fast” is not a phrase we often use in this culture. But in the original Greek, hold fast means not only to embrace, but to embrace with force as if someone is trying to take something from you. In other words, you’ve got to have a firm grip or you’re going to lose out! And notice what we are supposed to hold fast to — our profession, our declaration of faith.

I like to think of it sort of like a tug of war. You’re on one end and the enemy is on the other. He’s trying to pull that rope out of your hand. He’s trying to steal your hope and get you to speak negative words of doubt and unbelief. But you’ve got to be determined and stand strong. You’ve got to persevere and hold fast. Don’t let the enemy pull the seed of faith out of your heart! You might need to dig your heals in and get a new grip, but don’t you dare let go! Keep speaking words of faith. Keep speaking words of hope. Keep declaring God's Word and keep holding fast to the profession of your faith!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, today I choose to hold fast to my profession of faith in You. I know that You are faithful, and I believe that You will complete everything that You’ve started in my life. I bless You and magnify You above all else. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

09 Jun 2011 04:51 #285 by DrMike
Give Your Faith a Target

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see” (Hebrews 11:1, NLT)

So many people today get down and discouraged because they only focus on their present circumstances. They’re constantly dwelling on their problems, what they don’t have, and what’s wrong with them. They don’t realize it, but they’re allowing the enemy to steal their hope. This negative frame of mind is what keeps people from moving forward in life.

Understand today that faith is confidence and assurance about the things we hope for according to the promises of God. Like an arrow, your faith points to the target of hope. If you don’t have hope, that arrow of faith has nothing to aim for. It won’t accomplish anything. But when you keep your hopes up, when you keep expecting and believing, it’s like making that target larger and larger and easier to hit!

Choose today to live with an attitude of expectancy. Don’t focus on your circumstances; focus on your God! Get your hopes up! Take captive every negative thought. As you focus on God’s goodness and faithfulness, you’ll feel that hope inside of you growing. Give your faith a target and move forward confidently in the direction of your dreams!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I surrender every thought to You. I choose to release my cares and concerns so I can focus on Your goodness. Thank You for the gift of faith to see the impossible become possible as I continue to place my hope and confidence in You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

10 Jun 2011 03:42 #286 by DrMike
Look Beyond

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...Lift up now your eyes and look from the place where you are, northward and southward and eastward and westward” (Genesis 13:14, AMP)

God has a place of victory in store for you today! You may be facing challenges. You may look around you and see impossible circumstances. In the natural, it may look like things won’t ever change. But God is saying today, “Quit looking at your circumstances and look up! Lift up your eyes of faith and look beyond where you are because there is victory as far as the eye can see!

Remember, those things you are facing today are only temporary, but God Almighty is eternal. He’s the God who spoke the world into existence, and He’s the God who set the stars in space. He is more powerful than every obstacle, bigger than any setback, and He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above and beyond what you could ever imagine. Today, look beyond your circumstances and set your focus in the right direction. Lift up your eyes and look unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of your faith!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I choose to lift up my eyes of faith toward You. Thank You for surrounding me with Your goodness and mercy. Thank You for believing in me and for preparing a good future for me. Fill my heart with Your peace and confidence as I continue to trust You in every area of my life. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

13 Jun 2011 04:04 #287 by DrMike
New Levels

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline” (2 Timothy 1:7, NLT)

God’s desire is that we continually progress, that we reach higher heights and go to new levels. Oftentimes, as soon as we make the decision to step out in faith and obey God, the enemy brings in fear to try to stop us. He’ll bring thoughts like, “What if you fail? What are other people going to think? You don’t have what it takes.” He’ll do his best to use fear to try to convince us to shrink back and stay where we are.

The Bible says that fear is a spirit. It plays on our emotions and holds us back. But the good news is that we have power over fear! The Bible says that perfect love casts out all fear. When we receive God’s perfect love, we will have confidence about the future because we know His plans are for our good. I’ve heard it said that fear is an acronym for False Evidence Appearing Real. Understand that fear is a lie. Today, choose to believe God’s Word and receive His love so that you can overcome fear and move forward into the good life He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for taking me to new levels. I know You have equipped me with a spirit of power, love and a sound mind. Fill me with Your confidence and assurance to embrace everything You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

14 Jun 2011 04:24 #288 by DrMike
Rise Higher

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm” (Proverbs 13:20, NIV)

Sometimes in order to embrace the destiny God has in store, you have to be willing to make some difficult changes in your life. You have to be willing to examine where you are and what you need to do in order to move forward. This may mean that you need to change some friends you’re spending time with. Maybe they were fine for a season in your life, but you’ve outgrown them. This is a new season, and in order for you to rise higher, you have to break away from relationships that are limiting you. You have to develop some new friendships with people who are going to pull you up and inspire you to rise higher.

I’ve found that if you’re the smartest one in your group, your group is too small. Find people who are smarter than you, people who will challenge you to stretch to the next level. Remember, he who walks with the wise becomes wise. Choose your friends wisely so that you can rise higher and walk in the destiny God has for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for Your grace and mercy. Thank You for the good plan You have for my life. Help me choose my friends and companions wisely so that I can continue to move forward in the destiny You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

15 Jun 2011 04:52 #289 by DrMike
Above and Beyond

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Instead of your shame you will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace you will rejoice in your inheritance. And so you will inherit a double portion in your land, and everlasting joy will be yours” (Isaiah 61:7, NIV)

In the Old Testament when this scripture was written, God’s people were going through a very difficult time. They were being held captive against their will and mistreated by other nations. God sent this word to encourage them and give them hope for their future. When the time came, God was faithful to His Word!

Are you going through a difficult time today? Let this word bring you encouragement, too. We serve a God who goes above and beyond our expectations. He wants to give you double for your trouble. He wants to bring you restoration and make things even better than before.

If you are facing challenges today or going through a time of adversity, remember, it’s always darkest just before the dawn appears. Your days are destined to shine brighter because God is faithful. As you stay in faith and are obedient to His Word, you’ll receive double for your trouble and see God go above and beyond in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Thank You for directing and ordering my steps. I know that You will go above and beyond my expectations as I keep my heart and mind stayed on You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

16 Jun 2011 04:46 #290 by DrMike
Far and Beyond

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever” (Ephesians 3:20–21, NAS)

God wants to do exceedingly abundantly above and beyond all you can imagine! He wants to pour out His favor on you and open up opportunities that will boggle your mind!

Notice this verse says that He will do it “according to the power that works in us.” How does His power work in us? When we yield ourselves to Him, when we obey His Word and do what pleases Him, more of His power is activated in our lives. When we put Him first in everything that we do, when we choose love, we are allowing more of Him to work in and through us. When we choose God’s way, we get God’s results: peace, favor, blessing and increase.

Today, no matter what you are facing, know that when you invite God into your circumstances, He will transform them! He will do more than you could ever imagine. Line yourself up with His Word in your thoughts, words and actions, and watch Him do exceedingly abundantly far and beyond what you could ever imagine!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father, thank You for loving me and choosing me. I know that You are able to do exceedingly abundantly above and beyond anything I can imagine. I submit myself to You: spirit, soul and body. Search me and know me. Have Your way in me and keep my mind stayed on You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Time to create page: 1.043 seconds