Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

13 Jul 2011 05:07 #311 by DrMike
Don’t Stop Short

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation]” (2 Corinthians 9:8, AMP)

Too often, it’s easy for people to get satisfied in life and think, “Well, I’m blessed. I’ve got a roof over my head. I’ve got money to pay my bills.” And that’s good. But that’s not God’s best. God is a God of abundance. He wants you to not only have enough for your own needs, but He wants you to have so much left over that you can be a blessing to somebody else. We need to go beyond thinking, “I’m blessed because I’ve got food on the table.” Let’s be grateful for what we have, but we can’t stop there. We need to stretch our faith for others as well.

When you have enough to meet the needs of others, that’s when you’re walking in the fullness of His blessing.
Today I encourage you to ask God to show you ways that you can be a blessing to someone else. Put actions behind your faith even if you start with something small. Don’t stop short of the fullness of His blessing. Reach out and help others and watch God increase you in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, thank You for Your hand of blessing on my life. I desire to be used by You to help the people around me. Teach me to be sensitive to You, Holy Spirit, as I yield every area of my life to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jul 2011 06:53 #312 by DrMike
Look for God’s Favor

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you” (Luke 11:9, NIV)

When you go about your day, are you looking for God’s favor? Do you expect His goodness to overflow? Many people wake up and just believe to make it through the day, but God has so much more in store for you. What He has laid out for your future is more than you can imagine! What He’s got arranged for your family is more than you’ve ever even dreamed of. I believe that if you will take hold of this truth by faith, you will see supernatural doors begin to open. You’ll see promotion like you haven’t seen before!
No matter where you are in life, no matter what’s happening around you, start looking for more of God’s favor. Don’t settle for where you are. Don’t settle for just barely getting by. Believe that God is good, and He wants to do more in and through you. Remember, what you seek, you will find. So seek Him first, and He will pour out His supernatural favor upon you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, today I lift my eyes to You for You are the source of my help. I believe that You have good things in store for me, and so I look for Your favor upon my life. Use me today for Your glory as I keep my heart and mind stayed on You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

15 Jul 2011 06:36 #313 by DrMike
Whatever You Do Will Prosper

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers” (Psalm 1:3, NIV)

God’s plan is for you to prosper and be successful in every area of your life. Some people might say, “I don’t see how you can say that with the economy like it is. All the experts are saying it’s going to get worse before it gets better.” That may be true in general, but it doesn’t have to be true for believers in Jesus. We are connected to a supply line that will never run dry. Don’t be talked in to having a bad year. The economy is not your source. God is your source. And God wants to bless you beyond your salary. He wants to bless you beyond your normal income. He likes to do unusual things. He can bless you with what I call an explosive blessing! That means, all of the sudden, unexpectedly, something happens that takes you to a new level. Old limitations are broken, and suddenly, you find yourself further than you ever dreamed!
The key is found in Psalm 1:1–2. We have to separate ourselves from the system of the world and set our heart and mind on the Word of God. When you meditate on His promises and follow His commands, you will experience these explosive blessings. When you put Him first, you will be strong and stable, and whatever you do will prosper!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for Your Word which lights my path and directs my heart. I submit every area of my life to You and put You first in everything I do. Teach me Your ways so I can walk with You and experience everything You have in store for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

18 Jul 2011 04:43 #314 by DrMike
Favor for Your Future

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...His favor lasts a lifetime...” (Psalm 30:5, NIV)

Did you know that God has already released good things into your future? His favor covers your lifetime! When God laid out the plan for your life, He lined up the right people, the right circumstances, and the right breaks. In your future, He’s already released favor, supernatural opportunities, and divine connections. The good breaks you need have already been preordained to come across your path. If you will stay in faith and go out each day and be a person of excellence, you’ll have times where it’s as if you just stumbled into God’s blessings. You’ll look back and think, “How did I get to where I am? I’m not the most qualified, but I got the promotion. I didn’t deserve that break, but someone went out of their way to help me.” What happened? You walked into that favor that was already poured out on your path.
Today, no matter what you may be facing, focus on moving forward. He has already ordered your steps and arranged good things for you. Keep praying, keep believing, and keep hoping because there is favor in store for your future!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for the favor and blessing You have poured out upon my life. I choose to look with my eyes of faith past my circumstances to the good future You have prearranged for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

19 Jul 2011 05:45 #315 by DrMike
Don't Downplay Your Blessing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For this I will give you thanks and extol You, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing praises to Your name” (2 Samuel 22:50, AMP)

In this life, anytime you begin to succeed and walk in the blessing of God to the fullness, people are going to criticize. People will judge you. People will be jealous. But you know what? That’s their problem. Don't apologize for what God is doing in your life. When you make excuses for God’s goodness, when you downplay His blessings and favor or call it luck or coincidence, really, that’s an insult to our God. The scripture says in Deuteronomy that “It is the Lord that gives you the power to get wealth.” That means God is the One giving you the ideas. He’s the One that’s giving you the creativity. He’s giving you the strength to succeed. He gave you the favor. He gave you the good breaks. As long as you stay humble and give Him all the credit, you have nothing to apologize for. Our job as believers is to make Him known. We should be examples of His goodness, peace, hope, joy and life.
Today, don't shrink back from giving God all the credit. Don't downplay your blessing. Thank Him and praise Him for what He’s doing in your life now and what He will do in your future. Make Him known and give Him all the glory!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, thank You for Your hand of blessing upon my life. I give You all the glory, honor and praise because I know that every good and perfect gift is from You. I open my heart and mind to receive what You have in store for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

21 Jul 2011 05:03 #316 by DrMike
A Thousand Times More

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“May the Lord God of your fathers increase you a thousand times” (Deuteronomy 1:11, NIV)

Can you imagine being a thousand times more blessed than you are? That might seem a little challenging to wrap your mind around. But that’s God’s dream for you — to increase you, promote you, and pour out His favor upon you. It doesn’t just mean material things — it means a thousand times more joy, a thousand times more peace, and a thousand times more wisdom.
The scripture talks about how you’ll live in houses that you didn’t build. You’ll reap from vineyards that you didn’t plant. What does that mean? You may have had people who have gone before you, your ancestors, who prayed and believed. They sowed so many good seeds, but the fact is they didn’t see the increase and the favor that you’re seeing today. What happened? They paid the price for you. They stayed faithful and now the Lord God of your fathers is increasing you. He is showing you unusual, extraordinary favor.

Today, keep your heart and mind open for what God wants to do in your life. He wants to bless you and increase you beyond what you could ever imagine. When you believe His Word, your faith in Him activates His promises. Receive His Word and tap in to the blessing He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
God, thank You for Your goodness, grace and mercy upon me. I choose to receive Your Word by faith today, knowing that You have good things in store for me. Thank You for moving on my behalf and leading me into the abundant life You have prepared. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

22 Jul 2011 04:30 #317 by DrMike
What Are You Expecting ?

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...Open wide your mouth and I will fill it” (Psalm 81:10, NIV)

Do you have your mouth open wide today? In other words, are you expecting God to fill you and increase you beyond measure? One thing we have to realize is that negative thinking closes us off to what God wants to do in our lives. If you go around thinking “Well, I don’t think I’ll ever meet my sales goals this year with the economy like it is;” or “I don’t think I’ll ever get promoted. I’m not that qualified;” or “I don’t think I’ll ever get well,” then the problem is that your mouth is barely open. But Jesus said, “According to your faith, it will be done unto you.” He might as well have said, “If you’ve got a cup, I’ll fill you with a cup level of blessing. If you’ve got a bucket, I’ll fill you with a bucket level of blessing.” Jesus is saying today, “Why don’t you take the limits off? Why don’t you believe for supernatural opportunities? Why don’t you go out each day expecting increase and promotion?” Expect favor, expect peace, expect joy. If you’ll go out each day expecting far-and-beyond favor, if you’ll “open wide your mouth,” you won’t be disappointed. He’ll fill your cup until it overflows and lead you into the abundant life He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, I come to You today, giving You all that I am. I trust that You have a plan for my good. I trust that You are opening doors that no one can shut. Thank You for filling me with You today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

25 Jul 2011 11:25 #318 by DrMike
Speak to Your Mountains

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“And Jesus answered them, Truly I say to you, if you have faith (a firm relying trust) and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, Be taken up and cast into the sea, it will be done” (Matthew 21:21, AMP)
We’ve all had seasons when the challenges of life feel overwhelming. During those times, it’s easy to be tempted to talk about how bad things are. Maybe you received a bad medical report, or maybe you’re facing a financial obstacle. But the more you talk about something, the bigger it becomes in your mind. Instead, you’ve got to dig your heels in and say, “No, I am not going to give life to that defeat. I am not going to speak sickness over myself. I’m not going to speak lack. I’m not going to speak fear. I’m choosing a different report. I believe the report of the Lord which says I am blessed. I am favored. I am prosperous. I am healthy. I am whole. I’m a victor, not a victim.”
Remember, even if you don’t see how things could ever work out, God does. You’ve got to speak to those mountains in your life and declare favor over those situations. Instead of talking to God about how big your problems are, talk to your problems about how big your God is! As you speak to your mountains, they will be moved, and you will move forward into the victory God has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Word which is life to my spirit. I receive Your strength today and choose to speak to the mountains so I can move forward in the victory You have in store for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Dr. Michael Brooks
Applicable Life Coaching & Counseling Services
Web: [url=http://www.applicablecoaching.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.applicablecoaching.com[/url]
Blog: http://applicablecoaching.com/blog.php
E-mail: .
Office: 303.456.0555
Cell: 303.880.9878
Fax: 303.697.9409

26 Jul 2011 05:13 #319 by DrMike
Say So

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom He has delivered from the hand of the adversary” (Psalm 107:2, AMP)

Notice that scripture doesn’t say “Let the redeemed of the Lord think so. Let the redeemed believe so.” Of course it’s important to think right, and it’s important to believe right, but something supernatural happens when we declare something out loud. And, you don’t even have to say it to anyone else; you can just say it to yourself — driving to work or in the shower. You can say, “The economy may be low, but I am blessed. I am prosperous. I will lend and not borrow.” “I may have had some setbacks, but I know those setbacks are a setup for a comeback! This is still going to be my best year so far. The favor of God is turning things around.” You are prophesying your future. When you say what the Lord has done for you, when you declare that you are redeemed, you are opening the door for God to move on your behalf. The scripture tells us that He watches over His Word to perform it. When you declare His Word, when you speak His promises, He is faithful to fulfill them and lead you into victory all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for delivering me and setting me free. I will declare Your goodness. I will declare Your promises. I will declare Your favor so that I can live the good life You have prepared for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

27 Jul 2011 04:43 #320 by DrMike
When You’re in Deep

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“They saw the works of the Lord, His wonderful deeds in the deep” (Psalm 107:24, NIV)

The scripture says is Psalm 107:23, “They that go down to the sea and do business in deep waters, they will see the wonders of God.” Friend, you and I were created to do business in deep waters. In other words, we’re not supposed to have little dreams or little plans. We are supposed to have big dreams. We are supposed to go out into the deep things God has for us. But understand, when you’re out there in the deep waters, you can’t touch the ground. You can’t see the shoreline, and at times, it can get a little rocky. You may not always see how things are going to work out. But, the scripture tells us that deep calls to deep. In other words, God is the one who has called you to the deep waters. He is with you, and He knows there are deep things on the inside of you. When you are in those deep waters, you are not alone. God is with you, and He’s causing those deep things inside of you to come forth.
If you feel like you are out in the deep today, if you feel like you are overwhelmed, remember, you are in the right place and God is with you. You will see His wonderful deeds in the deep, and you will fulfill the destiny He has in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I surrender every area of my life to You. I hunger for every single thing You have in store for me. I choose to trust You out in the deep waters knowing that You have good things in store for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.778 seconds