Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

06 May 2011 05:30 #261 by DrMike
Redeem the Time

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days” (Ephesians 5:15–16, NLT)

Time is the most valuable commodity that we have in life. It’s more valuable than money. You can make more money, but you can’t make more time. When you woke up this morning, God gave you a present called “today.” And with that gift comes a responsibility. The Scripture tells us to redeem the time, to make the most of every opportunity. That simply means don’t let it go to waste. Don’t live this day unfocused, unhappy, negative or defeated. Make the most of every day. God has entrusted you with His life. He has breathed His very breath into you. He has put gifts and talents on the inside of you. You have seeds of greatness deposited in you. You’re a person of destiny, and you have an assignment and a purpose to fulfill!

I encourage you today to evaluate how you are spending your time. Refocus your life. Let go of any distractions. Shake off any self-pity, any discouragement, any disappointments of the past and run your race with purpose. Be careful how you live and redeem the time so that you can fulfill the destiny He has prepared for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for the gift of today. I dedicate this day to You. I dedicate my mind, will and emotions to You. Use me this day for Your purposes and keep me on the path You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 May 2011 05:16 #262 by DrMike
Further, Faster

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Your threshing season will overlap with the grape harvest, and your grape harvest will overlap with the season of planting grain. You will eat your fill and live securely in your own land” (Leviticus 26:5, NLT)

I believe we are living in a day and age when God is accelerating His work in our lives! I believe that what used to take days, weeks and even years in times past, God will do in an instant in this day and age. In an instant, you can receive your breakthrough. In an instant, you can be promoted on your job. In an instant, you can receive your healing. In an instant, your relationship can be restored. In an instant, that child can change their ways.

Today, believe that God will take you further than you ever thought possible, faster than you ever thought possible. Trust that your times are in His hands. Know that He is working behind the scenes on your behalf. Just like in the days of old, God will accelerate your seasons, and He will thrust you into the blessing and victory He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Thank You for working behind the scenes on my behalf. I trust that my times are in Your hands. I know that You have a good plan for my future, so I open my heart and put my faith and trust totally in You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

10 May 2011 05:33 #263 by DrMike
Walking Through the Storm

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me” (Psalm 23:4, NIV)

Everyone faces the storms of life. Sometimes we have the faith to be delivered from the storms instantly; sometimes we have the faith to walk through the storms. But no matter which route you take, you can be sure that God is right there with you. He will equip you and sustain you. He will give you the grace, the supernatural empowerment, to make it through.

Today, maybe you are facing a storm and can’t quite see a way out. Maybe you’re not sure what the answer is. All you have to do is take it one step at a time by saying, “God, I know You have a good plan for my future.” “God, I am doing better today than I was yesterday.” “God, I know You are leading and guiding me.” With every step you take, know that God is doing a work in your life. Know that He is with you, and He will comfort you. Keep moving forward. Keep taking those steps of faith and keep walking through the storm into the place of victory He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for walking with me through every season of life. I thank You for being a shield of protection around me, for going before me and preparing the way. Keep me close to You and give me strength as I move forward into the victory You have for me! In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

11 May 2011 05:07 #264 by DrMike
Give More, Have More

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty” (Proverbs 11:24)

In the natural, it doesn’t make sense that you will have more if you give more. But God’s kingdom operates on the principle of sowing and reaping. This is one of the first things He established with Adam and Eve in the book of Genesis. He said, “As long as the earth remains, there will be seedtime and harvest.”

We have to realize that everything we need in this life has been given to us in seed form. We set the blessing of God into motion in our lives when we plant those seeds and give what we have. Galatians tells us that whatever we sow, we will reap. Seeds produce after their own kind. If you sow apple seeds, you reap apple trees. If you sow kindness and blessing, you reap kindness and blessing in the future. If you sow financial seeds, you’ll reap a financial harvest.

Today, no matter what you need, you have it in seed form. Ask the Holy Spirit to show you how to plant and water that seed. Trust Him because He is faithful to His Word. Know that when you give, it will come back to you in greater measure. When you give more, you have more. So sow a seed and watch what God will do!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your Word which is truth that sets me free! Today, I choose to sow good seeds so I can reap a good harvest. Guide my thoughts today. Direct my path. Use me for Your glory. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

12 May 2011 05:05 #265 by DrMike
Sowing Good Seeds

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life” (Galatians 6:7–8, NIV)

Whether you realize it or not, everything you are experiencing in your life today is a direct result of the seeds you’ve sown in your past. Today, you are planting seeds for the harvest in your future. Just as the farmer expects a crop from the seeds he sows, we can expect a harvest from the seeds we’ve sown, good or bad. That’s why we have to be deliberate about the seeds we are sowing. We have to wake up every day and set our minds on God’s Word and choose to speak His truth over our lives. We have to constantly evaluate our actions to make sure we are depositing good seeds so we can reap a good harvest in the future.

Why don’t you take some time right now to ask the Holy Spirit to search your heart and mind? See if there are any negative seeds that you’ve sown in the past that need to be uprooted. Be deliberate about planting the Word of God in the soil of your heart. Sow good seeds into your future so you can reap the harvest of blessing God has designed for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for the system of sowing and reaping. Thank You for giving me good seed to sow! I ask that You search my heart and mind and show me where to sow my seed so I can reap the abundant harvest You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

13 May 2011 14:34 #266 by DrMike
You Have What it Takes

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For God is the one who provides seed for the farmer and then bread to eat. In the same way, He will provide and increase your resources and then produce a great harvest of generosity in you” (2 Corinthians 9:10, NLT)

When Jesus sent His disciples out to heal the sick, meet their needs, and share the Gospel, He told them, “Give as freely as you have received” (Matthew 10:8). In other’s words, God has given you everything you need to do what He’s called you to do in this life. He has equipped you to be successful and has empowered you to overcome in this life. He’s given you seed to sow in order to have an abundant harvest in your future. You have what it takes!

God has placed seed in your hand today, but in order for that seed to produce, it has to be planted. It has to be watered. It has to be fertilized. Today, ask God to show you where to plant your seed. Make sure you are sowing in the right ground and tending to the seed He has given you. Remember, God has a good plan for your future. He has plans to bless you and increase you. Today, you have what it takes to move forward and receive the blessing He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, thank You for equipping me for every good work. Thank You for giving me good seed to sow! I invite You to guide my every step by Your precious Holy Spirit. Thank You for choosing me to be a part of Your plan. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

16 May 2011 05:15 #267 by DrMike
Are you In

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.” (2 Corinthians 5:17, NKJ)

The very moment we receive Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we instantly become a new creation! Our spirits are made alive in Him and the old passes away. His peace fills our hearts. Now, everything in your life doesn’t change instantly. Some things do, but God will do some things in your life over time as you grow in your relationship with Him. The key is to keep moving forward in your spiritual journey one step at a time. As you abide in Him by spending time with Him in prayer and worship, and as you study His Word and connect with other believers in a Bible-based church, He will continue to transform you and renew you from the inside out!

Today, remember, God is at work in your life. You may not be where you want to be. You may have made some mistakes or had some setbacks. Know that in Him, you are the righteousness of God. In Him, you are new. In Him is everything you need to have victory in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for making me new! Thank You for ordering and directing my steps. I trust that You are at work in my life transforming me into Your image. Keep me close to You as I put You first in everything I do. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

17 May 2011 05:24 #268 by DrMike
Ask What You Desire

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.” (John 15:7, NKJ)

It pleases God to give you the desires of your heart! He wants to see you happy, whole, strong and enjoying His blessing. When you make the Word of God your number one priority, when you stay connected to Him through prayer and worship, God promises that He will give you the desires of your heart.

Psalm 37:4 tells us again that if we delight ourselves in Him, He will give us the desires of our hearts. One of the root definitions of the word “delight” means “soft.” This gives the picture of us being soft and moldable, like clay, in the Potter’s hands. As we allow Him to shape and mold our character, as we yield ourselves to Him, our thoughts become His thoughts, our words become His Words, and our desires become His desires! That’s how we can ask whatever we will because our will is in alignment with Him!

Today, don’t allow the distractions of everyday life keep you from spending time with Him. Abide in Him and let His Words abide in you because He will give you the desires of your heart!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, today I submit every area of life to You. I invite You to have Your way in my heart. Mold me and make me as I surrender every area of my life to You. I praise You and give You all the glory. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

18 May 2011 06:05 #269 by DrMike
Remain in Him

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in Me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing.” (John 15:5 NIV)

Have you ever really thought about the relationship between a branch and the vine? We don’t use these kinds of word pictures very much anymore, but think about it — if the branch is not attached to the vine, it withers and dies. The very life of the branch depends on being attached to the vine. The same thing happens if we try to operate in this life without Jesus. Without Him, we can do nothing. We are cut from our life source. But when you remain in Him by daily connecting with Him through prayer, worship and study of the Word, then your life will be fruitful. You’ll walk in joy and blessing. Notice that this verse says “much fruit.” It’s saying that you will have an abundant harvest in your life. Remember, God doesn’t want you to just barely get by. He wants to overwhelm you with His goodness! Choose to remain in Him today; choose to make Him your top priority, and you’ll see His hand of blessing operating in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, thank You for being my source of life. Thank You for Your hand of blessing that is leading and guiding me. I choose to make You the number one priority in my life. Let my heart hunger only for You today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

19 May 2011 05:34 #270 by DrMike
The Fullness of the Blessing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“But I know that when I come to you, I shall come in the fullness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.” (Romans 15:29, NKJ)

Are you living in the fullness of His blessing? God’s blessing is His supernatural empowerment. It is His favor. And we’ve all seen a measure of His blessing, but I believe He wants to take you to a whole new level. God has promises and opportunities in store for you that you haven’t even thought of yet! What you’ve seen in the past is only a fraction of what God wants to do in your future.

Understand that God likes to outdo Himself. He wants to open doors for you and bring out talents and abilities that you didn’t even know you had. We serve a God of abundance! He is the God of more than enough. Not only does He want to meet your needs, He wants to give you enough to bless other people. That’s living in the fullness of the blessing.

Today, don’t settle where you are. Your destiny is not determined by the economy, your past or what anyone else thinks or says. Your destiny is determined by Almighty God. He wants you to tap into a greater measure of His power so you can live the abundant life He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, I come before You today with an open and humble heart, ready to receive all You have for me. Teach me to live a life that is pleasing to You so that I can be an example of Your love in the world around me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds