Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

03 Mar 2011 05:14 #211 by DrMike
Thriving Every Day

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“...I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows)” (John 10:10, AMP)
God doesn’t want you to live with a “barely-get-by” attitude. He has new seasons of increase in front of you. He wants you to thrive, to live an abundant, overflowing life!

Sometimes when things seem difficult, it’s easy to slip into “survival mode.” When times get tough, it’s tempting to just “hunker down” and settle where we are. If you’re not careful, you’ll develop a survival mentality that will keep you from growing and releasing your faith. You’ll be happy just to “break even.” But as God’s children, we’re not supposed to just break even; we’re supposed to break through to a new level! We’re supposed to believe for more of God’s favor, increase and promotion no matter what is happening in the world around us.

Make up your mind today that no matter how difficult things seem, you are going to thrive every day! Take hold of God’s promises and declare that you are rising higher. As you continue to expect His favor and increase, you’ll see His hand of blessing in your life, and you will thrive and live in victory all the days of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, thank You for giving me life. I choose today to agree with Your Word which says I can thrive and enjoy my life to the full. Help me see Your hand at work more and more each day. I bless You and give You praise. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Mar 2011 09:39 #212 by DrMike
You Have the Advantage

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...His favor is for a lifetime...” (Psalm 30:5, AMP)

One definition of the word “favor” is an advantage for success. When you put God first, when you obey His commands, you open the door for His favor — you have the advantage for success! Even if someone has wronged you and it looks like they have the upper hand, even if it looks like things are never going to change, you need to keep reminding yourself, “I have an advantage. God is in control of my destiny. He’s fighting my battles for me. He is my vindicator, and it’s just a matter of time before things change in my favor.”

I love the scripture in Hebrews that says, “Don’t cast away your confidence.” One translation says, “...for payday is coming.” In the difficult times, you have to remind yourself that payday is on its way! God is a faithful God. If you’ll keep doing the right thing, honoring Him and expecting His favor, God has promised He will pay you back. He will restore everything in your life that the enemy has stolen so you can live the abundant life He has promised to you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, thank You for Your grace, mercy and everlasting favor. I open my heart and mind to You and receive everything You have for me. Thank You for restoring and healing every area of my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

07 Mar 2011 13:47 #213 by DrMike
Take Your Life Back

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:5, NIV)

Everyone has days when they feel like life is out of control. This usually happens when we allow our circumstances to dictate our thoughts and attitudes. You might say, “Well, the economy is wreaking havoc on my business.” Or “This relationship is just too far gone.” But I say, today is the day to take your life back! You can take your life back by choosing to take your thoughts back. Even though we live in this natural realm, as believers, we are not limited by this natural realm. We can tap into God’s power by making every thought line up with the Word of God. Don’t allow your circumstances to control you; instead, meditate on His Word and let His truth set you free!

Today, as you take captive every thought and boldly declare His promises over your life, you are setting yourself up for victory. You are positioning yourself to partake of His blessing. You are taking your life back, and you will live the destiny He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, thank You for empowering me to live in victory today. I choose to take my life back by taking captive every thought and submitting it to You. Help me live a life that is pleasing to You, Jesus, today and every day. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

08 Mar 2011 05:56 #214 by DrMike
Handpicked by God

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“[In His love] He chose us [actually picked us out for Himself as His own] in Christ, before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy...” (Ephesians 1:4 AMP)

Before you were ever born, before the very foundation of the earth, God knew you, planned for you and chose you! He approved you and called you His own. You may have been overlooked by people in your life; maybe you were passed up for a job or overlooked by someone whose opinion you valued. But remember, God won’t ever overlook you! In fact, He handpicked you. He chose you to be holy, or set apart, for Himself.

Meditate on this truth today: You are God’s most valued possession. You are special. You are the apple of His eye. He knows everything about you; He even knows the number of hairs you have on your head. He has given you the gifts and abilities that you have for a purpose. You carry great value and significance. Don’t ever lose sight of the treasure He’s placed within you.

Remember, you are handpicked by God. Meditate on His goodness today knowing that nothing can change His love for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me today. Help me to understand Your love so that I can extend that love to those around me. Let me see others as valuable the way You see me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

09 Mar 2011 05:50 #215 by DrMike
God Works for Your Good

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28, NIV)

God has a plan to take every adversity and every hardship you go through and use it. He’s not going to beat you down and make your life miserable. No, God’s dream is to take that difficulty and supernaturally turn it around and use it to bring you good. He will use those tough times to bring you out stronger, more mature and prepared for promotion! Goodness, mercy and unfailing love are God’s plan for you!

You may not understand everything that’s going on in your life right now, but I encourage you to keep your head held high. Know that God is working in your life. Keep being faithful. Keep doing the right thing, knowing that in the end God is going to turn things around in your favor. If God is for you, who can be against you? No one. Greater is the One who is in you than anyone who can be against you. No matter what’s going on around you today, you can put your shoulders back and put a smile on your face because God is working things together for your good because He loves you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Thank You for all You’ve done for me in my past and for what You are preparing for my future. Help me keep my eyes on You and stand strong as I look for Your goodness all the days of my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

09 Mar 2011 06:02 #216 by TPP
Thanks, Dr. Mike.

10 Mar 2011 15:45 #217 by DrMike
Earnest Prayers

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working]” (James 5:16b, AMP)

God loves it when you come boldly to Him! When we pray with an attitude of faith and expectancy, it shows that we believe God and His Word and that opens the door for Him to move on our behalf.

Today’s verse tells us that when we pray earnestly and continually that it makes tremendous power available. Think about a little child asking his mother for something he really wants. That child doesn’t just ask once. Or twice. He asks continually! He doesn’t just walk away if he doesn’t get an answer right away. That child builds his case and gives every reason he should get what he is asking for!

Scripture tells us to come to God with the faith of a child. It’s not that we have to beg Him, but our determination is an expression of our faith in His goodness. When we build our case with the Word of God, we are setting ourselves up to partake of His divine blessing. Today, whatever you need, make your requests known to God. Come to Him with the faith of child. Pray earnestly and continually and watch His power work on your behalf!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, today I come boldly thanking You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I lift up my heart in faith to You knowing that my earnest prayers open the door for Your power to move on my behalf! In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

10 Mar 2011 15:45 #218 by DrMike
TPP, you bet my friend, blessings!

11 Mar 2011 05:14 #219 by DrMike
He Makes Up the Difference

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...for when I am weak [in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful in divine strength)”
(2 Corinthians 12:10, AMP)

No matter what weakness you think you may have, no matter what inadequacies or setbacks you’ve encountered, God wants to give you His divine strength! He wants to make up the difference and put you further ahead than you ever thought possible. One time in the Old Testament, God simply multiplied the sound of four men’s footsteps and caused them to sound like a mighty army. When their enemies heard them, they took off running. There were thousands of enemy troops running for their lives, scared to death, thinking they were being attacked by a massive army when, in fact, it was just four people! What happened? God made up the difference.

Friend, God can make you seem bigger than you really are. He can make you look more powerful. He knows how to multiply your influence, your strength, your talent and your income. You don’t have to figure it all out; all you have to do is put your trust in Him. If you will release your faith for a supernatural year and wake up every day expecting God’s far and beyond favor, then you’re going to see God show up and make the difference in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, today I commit every area of my life to You. I trust that You will make up the difference and supply everything I need to fulfill Your purposes in my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

14 Mar 2011 07:14 #220 by DrMike
Seeing the Way God Sees

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“In this new life, it doesn’t matter if you are a Jew or a Gentile, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbaric, uncivilized, slave, or free...” (Colossians 3:11, NLT)

When God looks at mankind, He doesn’t see us as different races. He doesn’t see different social standings. He doesn’t see color or creed. God looks past all the superficial things that our culture seems to magnify — what we wear, what we drive and what we look like — and He sees us all the same; not black or white, just His beautiful creation. Not upper class or lower class; just one big family.

Sometimes people make the mistake of judging a whole race by a few people. We make sweeping generalizations, and it keeps us from enjoying the people God places in our lives. Today, if you’ve been looking at others through the traditions of the world, why don’t you open the eyes of your heart and see others the way God sees them! We are all here by His design and called according to His purposes. When we see others through His eyes, we can come together in unity and receive the blessing He has prepared for us!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, today I release every prejudice and judgmental attitude to You. I ask You to fill my heart with Your love and help me to see others the way You see me. Thank You for doing a work in my life and opening doors of blessing and increase before me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.791 seconds