Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

03 Feb 2011 07:34 #191 by DrMike
Wear Your Blessing Well
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“Isaac planted crops in that land and the same year reaped a hundredfold, because the Lord blessed him” (Genesis 26:12, NIV)

One time Isaac was in a famine. There was a great drought in the land, but Isaac went out and planted crops right in the middle of that famine. It didn’t make any sense, but somehow in that same year of drought, the Scripture says, “Isaac received 100 times what he had sown because the Lord blessed him.”

What’s interesting is that when Isaac got blessed, the people around him, the Philistines and his friends all of the sudden got jealous of him. They were fine as long as he was broke. As long as they were at the same level, it was no big deal. But when he stepped up to a new level, when he began to wear his blessings well, the Scripture says, “The Philistines hated Isaac.”

Maybe you’ve noticed this in your own life. When you start to do better, the people around you don’t celebrate. They become jealous. But you can’t allow the attitudes of others to hold you back and cause you to live in mediocrity. Instead, when you’re blessed, brag on God! Shake off the criticism of others and receive His blessing. Wear it well because when you honor Him, He will continue to increase and promote you all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for every good and perfect gift that You have poured out on my life. In humility, I choose to wear my blessings well. I won’t shrink back at the criticism of others; but instead, I will walk with You forward into the life of blessing You have prepared for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Feb 2011 04:47 #192 by DrMike
He Gives You Power

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth...” (Deuteronomy 8:18, NKJ)

God wants to do something great in and through you! He has promises and blessings in store for you that you haven’t even thought of yet. The Scripture tells us that He gives us power to gain wealth. Wealth is simply having abundance. God wants you to live in abundance so that He can use you to be a blessing to others. When we are willing and obedient, we open the door to His promises. In other words, when we live in excellence and integrity, when we follow the Word of God, we will walk in His blessing. Like a tree planted by the water, your leaf will not wither because you are connected to an unlimited supply line.

Notice one more thing about this verse: it says that “He gives us the power to get wealth.” See, God gives us the ability. He gives us creative ideas and inventions, but we have to be diligent and do our part and step out and use what He’s given us. We have to sow seed in order to see the harvest that He has promised. Receive His power today and choose a life of integrity so that you can move forward into the abundant life He has prepared for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me the power to live in abundance. I choose to be faithful to You and to Your Word. I choose to diligently follow Your commands and ask that You bless everything I set my hands to. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

07 Feb 2011 07:05 #193 by DrMike
Need a Change?

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“You will also decree a thing, and it will be established for you; and light will shine on your ways” (Job 22:28, NASB)

We all have areas in our lives where we desire to see change; areas we know we need to come up higher or addictions and strongholds we need to break. The good news is that God has given us the power to change! Scripture says that we overcome by the blood of Jesus and the word of our testimony. When we make our words line up with God’s Word, then what we declare will be established in our lives.

So often, we complicate life more than we need to. Our minds get busy trying to “figure” everything out. So many people spend more time analyzing their situation instead of applying God’s Word to their situation! But today, you can activate change in your life by taking five minutes to declare His Word. Don’t live in mediocrity any longer. Let God’s Word shine on your ways and direct your path toward the life of victory He has promised you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for loving me. Thank You for choosing me and empowering me to become all that You’ve called me to be. Today, I choose to set my heart and mind on You, I choose to declare Your Word and follow Your ways so that I may walk with You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

08 Feb 2011 07:02 #194 by DrMike
You’ve Got the Power

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit” (Proverbs 18:21, NIV)

Every word we speak is a seed. We are constantly planting those seeds that will, in turn, produce a harvest in the future. When we speak words of life and blessing, we will see life and blessing in the future. When we speak words of defeat and failure, those seeds produce defeat and failure. It’s that simple. The life you are living today is the harvest from the seeds you planted in your past; and today, you are planting seeds for your future.

The good news is that no matter where you are today, God has given you the power to change your future! You can begin, right now, to plant seeds of blessing, strength, victory and joy for your future. If you’ll be proactive and consistently declare the Word of God, even if it’s just five minutes a day, you are setting yourself up for victory, freedom and blessing.

Today, choose life for your future by agreeing with and declaring God’s Word. Put Him first because through Him, you have the power to embrace the life of blessing He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for empowering me to live in victory and freedom. Today, I choose life by choosing to declare Your Word. Help me, by Your Spirit, to always plant seeds of life and blessing into my future. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

09 Feb 2011 05:41 #195 by DrMike
The Way to Get Ahead

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Careful planning puts you ahead in the long run; hurry and scurry puts you further behind” (Proverbs 21:5, The Message)

It’s amazing how taking a few minutes at the start of each day to plan and set your thoughts in the right direction can help you get ahead and empower you to accomplish so much more.

But too often, people get so caught up in the activity of life that they tend to just “go with the flow” instead. Of course, I’m not saying we shouldn’t be flexible, but when it comes to your life, you should be the one setting the flow. Of course, unexpected things happen. Our days won’t always go according to plan, but if you’ll take time each day to set your heart and mind in the right direction, you’ll be equipped for whatever comes your way!

Today I encourage you, make plans to start your day right and set your thoughts in the right direction. Put God first place. Let Him guide you and order your steps. Even if it’s just five minutes a day, make spending time with Him a habit. Plan your day with Him because careful planning is the way to get ahead.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, right now, I dedicate my days to You. I choose to put You first place in everything that I do. Give me the strength to make wise choices and teach me to listen to Your voice always. I bless You and honor You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

10 Feb 2011 05:12 #196 by DrMike
As You Have Declared

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Now may the Lord’s strength be displayed, just as You have declared” (Numbers 14:17, NIV)

Scripture tells us that there is creative power in the words we declare. In the same way that God created the world with His words in Genesis 1, we “create” our own world with our words. We can create an atmosphere of peace, joy, power and love with our words, or we can create an atmosphere of strife, confusion and defeat.

Today, I encourage you to use your words to open the door for God to move by declaring His Word over your life. Declare that His strength is at work in you. Declare that no weapon formed against you is going to prosper. As you declare God’s Word over your life, you’ll see it come to pass. You’ll feel His strength, joy and victory rising up inside of you so that you can embrace the life of blessing He has prepared for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I recognize that there is creative power in the words that I speak. Help me, by Your Spirit, to use my words for good. Remind me to always declare Your truth over my life and over the life of others. I bless You today and always. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

11 Feb 2011 08:48 #197 by DrMike
Make Your Way Prosperous

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success” (Joshua 1:8, NKJV)

God is a good God, and He has good things in store for you! He has given you the power and the plan to experience life, health, peace and blessing in every area of your life. When we live in obedience to His Word, when we put Him first in every area, Scripture promises that our way will be prosperous, and we will experience success.

Notice how the promise in today’s verse starts. It says do not let His Word depart from your mouth. In other words, we have to declare His Word in order to set the blessing into motion. When we declare His Word, it empowers us to obey His Word, and then we will see the success He promises.

Today, make declaring His Word a priority. Set aside time each day to speak His promises over your life. As you do, you are setting His blessing in motion, and you will make your way prosperous and find success in all you do.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for Your Word which is truth that sets me free. I honor You and hold Your Words close to my heart. Thank You for giving me the plan to live in blessing in every area of my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

14 Feb 2011 06:57 #198 by DrMike
Love in Deed

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“...Let us not love [merely] in theory or in speech but in deed and in truth...” (1 John 3:18, AMP)

As a believer, we are the hands and feet of Jesus in this earth. God wants to bless people, and He wants to use you and me to do it! He wants to work through us to show His love and compassion and draw people to Himself.

Notice this verse tells us that love isn’t just about our words or thoughts; it’s about our actions. It’s about reaching out and meeting the needs of others. Sometimes, meeting a person’s need is as simple as sharing a smile, a hug or a word of encouragement. Sometimes it’s through material means. Can you pay for someone’s gas or groceries? Can you help them find a solution to a difficult situation? The Bible says that it’s His kindness that leads people to turn toward Him, and there are many ways to show the love of God.

Today, step out and show others what real love is. Every act of kindness is a seed that will produce a harvest in your own life in return. Let your love be in word and in deed and watch how God pours out His blessing in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, thank You for Your hand of blessing in my life. Thank You for choosing to work through me today. I submit myself and my resources to You. Show me ways to be a blessing to others so that the earth will be filled with the knowledge of Your glory. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

15 Feb 2011 05:34 #199 by DrMike
Declare His Deeds

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Many, Lord my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare” (Psalm 40:5, NIV)

God has wonderful things prepared for your future! Even though you might be facing some circumstances that seem unfair, or things aren’t going the way you planned, God’s good plan still remains. Even when life isn’t fair, God is always fair. He is always working behind the scenes on your behalf to move you forward into the destiny that He has prepared for you.

Remember, in order to keep your life moving in the right direction, you need to keep your thoughts, heart and words moving in the right direction. The best way to do this is by declaring His wonderful deeds! When you start recounting all the ways God has blessed your life, just like the psalmist, you’ll find that His goodness goes beyond what you could ever imagine.

Right now, take a moment and think about all the goodness in your life. Declare His deeds and focus your thoughts on Him. Keep your words and thoughts going in the right direction so you can keep moving forward into the abundant life He has promised you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I declare Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Thank You for blessing me beyond my comprehension. You alone are worthy of all the praise, glory and honor. I bless You today and always. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

16 Feb 2011 06:40 #200 by DrMike
Declare New Things

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you” (Isaiah 42:9, NIV)

Are you ready to see something new in your life? The question is what have you been declaring? Are you declaring what you see in your circumstances? Are you declaring your worries and frustrations to others, or are you declaring God’s goodness and promises over your life?

Scripture tells us that life and death are in the power of the tongue. That means we set our future according to what we choose to say. If you need to see change in your circumstances, then start by changing your words. Don’t use your words to describe your situation; use your words to change your situation. Start declaring new things in order to start seeing new things! Declare blessing, declare peace, declare wholeness — declare His Word and watch Him shape your future and lead you into the wonderful new things He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I turn my thoughts, heart and focus toward You. Help me, by Your Spirit, to keep the right perspective as I go about my day. Help me to declare new things so I can take hold of all that You have prepared for me! In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Time to create page: 0.705 seconds