Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

15 Mar 2011 06:01 #221 by DrMike
In the Midst of the Storms

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...He sends rain on the just and the unjust alike” (Matthew 5:45, NLT)

We all have opportunities to get upset and live stressed out. The storms of life come to every person. No matter how good a person you are, you’re going to have some “rain” in your life. When these storms come, a lot people use their faith to try to control their circumstances. But I’ve found it’s better to use my faith to control myself in the midst of my circumstances. I know that if I can just remain stable in the storms of life and stay in peace, that’s what allows God to act on my behalf.

God never said that we wouldn’t have difficulties, but He did promise we could have peace in the midst of the storms. When you face adversities, one of the most powerful things you can do is simply stay calm. When you are at peace, you are displaying your faith in God. By your actions you’re saying, “God, I know You’re still on the throne. I know You’re bigger than this problem.” So keep peace in the midst of your storms today. Trust that He is working behind the scenes. Keep your heart open to Him because soon He will deliver you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for peace in the midst of the storms of life. I choose to hold my peace knowing that You are working behind the scenes. I trust You, I trust Your timing, and I trust that You are working everything together for my good because You love me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Mar 2011 05:01 #222 by DrMike
Stand and See

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today...the LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still” (Exodus 14:13–14, NIV)

In the Bible, when the people of Israel came out of slavery and were headed toward the Promise Land, they were so happy to be finally free! But then Pharaoh changed his mind about letting them go and came chasing after them. They came to a dead end at the Red Sea and things looked impossible. Instead of staying in faith and focusing on the fact that God had delivered them before, the Israelites got upset, fearful and started complaining, “Moses, why did you bring us out here to die?” Moses replied, “Stand still and you will see the deliverance of the Lord.” He went on to say, “The Lord will fight for you if you hold your peace and remain at rest.” And the Lord was faithful to His Word and delivered them again.

Moses knew he had to get the people out of that negative mentality or they would be defeated, and the same is true for you. You may be in a storm of life, but don’t let that storm get in you. Instead, set your focus on God because He is faithful, and He will fight your battles. Stay calm and remain in peace today because God is going to deliver you and lead you into your promise land!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Help me keep my heart and mind focused on You. No matter what storm I may be facing, I trust that You are working behind the scenes and ordering my steps to the promise land you have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

17 Mar 2011 05:54 #223 by DrMike
He Sees

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I will be glad and rejoice in Your unfailing love, for You have seen my troubles, and You care about the anguish of my soul” (Psalm 31:7, NLT)
God sees and cares about everything that happens in your life. He’s seen every wrong that’s been done to you. He’s seen every unfair situation. He told the people of Israel, “I have seen your affliction. I have seen how badly you were treated those 430 years that you were in slavery.” Then He went on to say, “I have come down to deliver you.” When God brought them out, they didn’t come out empty-handed. God made their enemies hand over their gold and silver. God vindicated His people, and He will vindicate you!

Maybe someone has wronged you today. You could easily become bitter and angry and spend your life trying to pay them back. However, if you will give it to God and let Him do it His way, scripture says He’ll pay you double for your trouble! Today, know that He sees where you are, He sees where you’ve been and He sees the struggles of your heart. Release the struggle to Him and let Him reward you with His everlasting promises.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, today I choose to release the struggles in my heart. I release the offenses and wrongs done to me. I choose forgiveness. I choose peace. I choose to let You be my vindicator knowing that You love me and care for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

18 Mar 2011 04:43 #224 by DrMike
Through the Fire

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...We went through fire and flood, but You brought us to a place of abundance” (Psalm 66:12, NLT)

In scripture, three Hebrew teenagers, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, were told to bow down to the king’s idol or they would be thrown into a fiery furnace. They said, “No, King. We’re not going to bow down. We know our God will deliver us.” Their attitude was, “We’re not worried about it. We know we have inside information. We know everything is going to be alright.” Notice they didn’t fight it. They weren’t upset. They weren’t complaining. They were at peace. They knew God Almighty had His hand upon them. The guards threw them into the fiery furnace, and when all was said and done, they came out without even the smell of smoke on them!

Notice that God didn’t deliver them from the fire; He delivered them through the fire. Maybe you are going through the fire today. Know that God is with you. He’s doing a work in you, and He’s displaying His glory through you. Remember, on the other side of the fire is a place of abundance and blessing! Stand strong and see the fulfillment of the promises He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, thank You for delivering and saving me. I stand strong no matter what I may be facing, knowing that You are with me. Thank You for protecting me through the fire and for leading me to the place of abundance and blessing You have prepared for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

21 Mar 2011 05:27 #225 by DrMike
God is for You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?” (Romans 8:31, NLT)

There are many misconceptions about God in the world today. Some people think He’s mad at them, and other’s think He’s keeping a list of all their wrongs. But that isn’t what scripture tells us. Scripture tells us that God is gracious, patient and loving; that He is forgiving and doesn’t treat us as our sins deserve. Scripture tells us that God is for us, and if God is for us, who can be against us?

Think about that for a moment. The same God who created the heavens and earth, the one who spoke the universe into existence and knows everything about you, He is on your side and wants the best for you. I love today’s verse because it is a great reminder that when God is for you, no one can win against you. Not the pain of your past. Not any mistake you’ve made. Not the forces of hell, your worst enemy, a bad economy, a difficult housing market or anything else on this earth.

Today, instead of dwelling on what you’re not, dwell on what He is — He is faithful, He is loving, He is with you and He is for you! And with God on your side, you are headed for victory all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, You are good! Thank You for choosing me and equipping me with everything I need in this life. Thank You for being my Defender, my Hope and my Victory. I bless You and glorify You in all that I do. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

22 Mar 2011 05:33 #226 by DrMike
The Lord is with You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“This is my command — be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9, NLT)

No matter what today has in store, as a believer in Jesus, you can approach the day with boldness and confidence. Why? Because the Lord is with you, and in Him is everything you need in this life. That means that if you need provision for something today, provision is with you. If you need wisdom today, wisdom is with you. If you need strength, joy or peace today, it’s with you. You can be confident today knowing that all of your needs are supplied spiritually, physically and emotionally because the Lord is with you. And best of all, He’s promised never to leave you! Isn’t it good to know that you will always have whatever you need any time you need it!

Today, don’t let lies from the enemy or pressure from the world keep you from taking hold of everything the Lord has for you. Open your heart by faith and receive whatever it is that you need today. Just begin to thank Him for His provision in your life and move forward in confidence and strength knowing that the Lord is with you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me today. Thank You for Your faithfulness. I know that You are closer to me than the air I breathe. Today I receive Your promises in faith and choose to cast all of my cares on You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

23 Mar 2011 05:02 #227 by DrMike
He is Strong in You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness...” (Romans 8:26, NLT)

Sometimes, people get distracted by what they consider to be a disadvantage or weakness in their lives. It may be something about their personality or looks that they don’t like. Or maybe they’ve been through an unfair situation: a divorce, a bad business deal or a bad break. We all have things that can feel like disadvantages; things that make it harder on us. It may even be a physical handicap, and you can’t get around like you used to. But just because you have a “disadvantage,” just because you’ve been through a tough time doesn’t mean you’re supposed to sit back and settle where you are. God still has something great for you to do! He wants to show Himself strong in and through you, and He’s given you His Holy Spirit to equip you in this life.

Today let the Holy Spirit help you when you feel weak. Let Him empower you with truth that will set you free. Stay in faith and don’t get negative toward yourself or your future. Let God take what you think is a liability and turn it into an asset! Let Him take what you think is a disadvantage and turn it around to be an advantage! Remember, you are more than a conqueror today and every day because He is strong in you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, today I give You all that I am. I invite You into the weak places in my life so that You can turn them into strengths. Thank You for working in my life and filling me with faith and expectancy. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

24 Mar 2011 13:29 #228 by DrMike
He Answers You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I will answer them before they even call to Me...”(Isaiah 65:24, NLT)

Have you ever thought about something you wanted or needed, and suddenly that need was supplied even before you had time to stop and pray? God knows your needs before you even speak them. He wants to provide for you and answer the very desires of your heart. Don’t ever think God is too busy to answer you. Don’t ever think your needs are too small or that you don’t matter. The truth is that He cares about everything that concerns you, and He loves to hear you call upon His name! When you put Him first in everything you do, when you faithfully follow His commands, He’ll pour out an extra portion of His goodness and favor upon you!

Remember, you are very special to God, and He hears you and answers you. It may not be in your timing or in the way you expected, but know that He always has your best interest at heart. He is working things out for your good, and He will always answer — sometimes before you even call!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. I trust that You hear me and that You will answer me. Show me Your ways and teach me to trust in You as I surrender to You every area of life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

25 Mar 2011 04:41 #229 by DrMike
Something Out of Nothing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The earth was formless and empty...and God said, Let there be light”
(Genesis 1:2–3, NIV)

Do you need a miracle in your life for something that seems impossible? With man it may be, but we serve the all-powerful God, and He can create something out of nothing! He can make a way when there seems to be no way and open doors that seemed closed forever!

Genesis tells us that in the beginning, God created the heavens and earth, but before He spoke the world into existence, it was formless and void. If God can make the world out of nothing, He can take the empty places in your life and create something beautiful, too! He can speak light into your darkest hour. He can take your formless dreams and give them shape. He can resurrect your dormant gifts and talents! He can make your crooked places straight!

Remember, you are created in the image of almighty God. There’s power in your words, and there’s power when you’re in agreement with Him. Start saying what God says about your situation. Speak life to your broken dreams today. Speak hope into the hopeless places. Keep an attitude of faith and expectancy because He will turn things around for you and create something out of nothing!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, I trust that You are willing and able to make a way for me where there seems to be no way in my life. Fill me with Your peace and faith. Give me a vision for all You have for me and help me to always speak Your words of truth and life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

28 Mar 2011 05:02 #230 by DrMike
In the Day of Trouble

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble” (Psalm 46:1, NIV)

God is always present with you. That means at all times, continually, perpetually, throughout all time, God is with you. In your day of trouble, He is a help to you. How is He your help? By providing whatever you need; by opening doors for you; by orchestrating things in your favor. That’s because “help” is specific to your need. We serve a God who is very specific, and because He is always with you, He always knows exactly what you need!

Today, are you facing trouble or adversity? Know that God is with you. Look to Him for help. Trust that He has the answer, and that He is working things out in your favor. As you continue to believe Him and follow His direction, He will lead you in the way that you should go. He will comfort you, revive you, restore you and bless you! He will be your ever-present help because He is forever faithful to His Word!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for being my ever-present help. I trust today that You are with me, that You are comforting me and restoring my soul. I lift my eyes to You this day. Help me to follow Your commands and honor You as You direct my steps. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.411 seconds