Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

06 Jan 2011 05:37 #171 by DrMike
Momentary Troubles

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all” (2 Corinthians 4:17, NIV)

Are you facing a difficulty or trial that seems like it’s been lasting a long time? Today’s verse tells us that our trials are really only momentary. Compared with eternity, our troubles don’t last long at all! As you stand strong in faith during times of adversity, you are building faith and achieving eternal glory.

If you are in the middle of tough times today, look to God. The Bible says that He is the Author and Finisher of your faith. He is the One who writes faith on your heart and then develops it to completion on the inside of you. He is building strength in you, He is depositing joy in you, and He is empowering you to make it through.

Today, be encouraged because what you are facing is only temporary. Victory is on the way, and it’s closer than you think! Keep standing, keep believing, keep hoping, and keep confessing His Word because He is faithful, and He will complete what He’s started in you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for working Your eternal glory in me. I cast my cares on You today, knowing that my trials and troubles are temporary. Thank You for Your eternal blessing on my life today and for leading me into victory. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jan 2011 05:40 #172 by DrMike
Look Straight Ahead

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you” (Proverbs 4:25, NIV)

What are you looking at today? Not in the natural, but with your spiritual eyes. In other words, what is in the forefront of your mind and in your heart? Are you constantly dwelling on your problems or things that have happened in your past? In the natural, you will move in the direction that your eyes are looking. In the spiritual, it works the same way. Whatever you focus your mind and heart on, you will move toward. That’s why today’s verse tells us to look straight ahead. If you are constantly dwelling on your problems or things in your past, wondering “what if,” then you will stay right where you are. But if you choose to forgive and release the past, then you can focus on what is ahead of you, and you’ll begin to move forward.

God doesn’t want you to live in the past. He wants you to keep growing and moving forward. Make the decision to meditate on His goodness and focus on His promises. Look straight ahead so you can see His blessing and move forward into the life of victory He has promised you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I set my focus on You. I choose to forget the past by forgiving others so that I can look straight ahead to Your promises. I ask that You direct my heart on the path of life that You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

10 Jan 2011 06:13 #173 by DrMike
Put Your Faith into Action

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“No unbelief or distrust made him waver (doubtingly question) concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong and was empowered by faith as he gave praise and glory to God” (Romans 4:20, AMP)

Scripture tells us that faith without works is dead. In other words, if the faith inside of us doesn’t get expression through our actions and words, it will no longer be alive. If we don’t use it, we will lose it, so to speak. We have to step out in faith in order to keep faith alive.

Every person has been given a measure of faith by God. When we hear the truth of God’s Word, we receive more faith. That’s why it’s so important to put the Word of God inside of you because when you do, you are building your faith. To keep that faith alive and thriving, we have to put it to use. One way to put your faith into action is through praise and worship. Praise is a supernatural force that causes you to stand strong in faith even when your thoughts or circumstances are coming against the truth. Praise keeps your thoughts going in the right direction. It’s hard to be negative when you are declaring the goodness of God!

Today, let praise make you stable and strong. Put that faith in your heart into action. Look for reasons to thank God. As you do, you’ll feel that inner strength and be empowered to move forward into victory all the days of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I choose to bless Your name. I thank You for life. I thank You for breath. I thank You for provision, healing, strength and joy. Today I choose to put my faith in action by praising You all day long. In Jesus’ Name. Amen

11 Jan 2011 05:00 #174 by DrMike
Now Faith Is

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” (Hebrews 11:1, KJV)

The Bible says that faith gives substance to the things you hope for. In other words, faith brings those things into your life. Notice this verse starts by saying, “Now faith...” It’s not “later” faith or “one day” faith. It’s faith for today, right now.

So, what does it mean to have “now” faith? The basic definition of faith, according to the Bible, is simply believing in God’s goodness and believing that He rewards the people who seek after Him. It’s taking His Word as truth — right now. Can you believe that God wants to move in your life, today? Do you believe He can provide for your need, today? Do you believe He can heal your relationship, today? Do you believe He can give you that promotion, today?

Whatever you are hoping for, open your heart and expect that God is working on your behalf, right now. Dare to believe that God will come through for you, today. Stand strong and declare that the victory is yours, now! Let your words put action behind your “now” faith and receive His strength and power to see victory in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I choose to believe that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I trust that You have a good plan for me and that You are leading and guiding my every step. Help me stand strong in You, today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

12 Jan 2011 04:36 #175 by DrMike
He Holds You in His Hand

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you...I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand...” (Isaiah 41:10, AMP)

We all face situations in life that feel out of control. During times like these, it’s easy to get discouraged and allow fear to creep in; but instead, why don’t you focus on the fact that God is holding you in the palm of His hand! There is nothing too difficult for Him; nothing’s impossible; nothing is beyond His ability. When God holds you in His hand, you are safe; you are cared for. In His hand, there is victory. In His hand, there is strength. In His hand, there is provision. In His hand is everything you need.

No matter what you may be going through today, you can trust that God is for you. Instead of getting down and depressed over your circumstances, look up and get a vision of God turning that situation around. Let faith arise in your heart and focus on His favor, promotion and blessing. As you keep your heart and mind focused on Him and choose to obey His Word, you’ll see those supernatural breaks that will launch you further ahead than you ever thought possible because He holds you with His victorious right hand!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for helping me and holding me in Your victorious right hand. I choose to trust You even when things don’t make sense, even when things seem beyond my control. I release my cares to You knowing that You work all things together for my good. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

13 Jan 2011 04:53 #176 by DrMike
Live Skillfully

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do you see a man skilled in his work? He will serve before kings...” (Proverbs 22:29, NIV)

Too often, it’s easy to get stuck in a rut, doing the same thing the same way over and over every day. But if we are going to live at our absolute best, we should constantly be growing and sharpening our skills. We should strive to learn and grow every single day because when you stop learning, you stop growing. When you stop growing, you stop living.

What are you doing to stretch yourself? What are you doing to improve your skills? Don’t get trapped into thinking that “good enough” is good enough. You were created for more than just average. Today is a new day, and there are new heights for you to climb. Pursue what you love and keep developing that area of your life. Take a class or find a mentor that will help you live skillfully. As you do, you’ll rise up higher and higher. You will stand before leaders and rulers, and you’ll live the blessed life God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I choose to rise out of mediocrity. I choose to give my very best to everything I do. Teach me to live skillfully so that my life is a continual praise to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

14 Jan 2011 05:22 #177 by DrMike
Equipped by Faith

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Every Scripture is God-breathed...so that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work” (2 Timothy 3:16–17, AMP)

God has equipped you with everything you need to fulfill your destiny through His Word. The Scripture tells us that as believers in Jesus Christ, we are anointed. The word “anointing” is the power of God which gives you courage, strength and ability. When you put the Word of God in you, you are receiving that anointing, you are building your faith, and you are being equipped for every good work.

The next time you start to wonder if you have what it takes, go to God’s Word and stir up your faith. Focus on His truth which says you are well able to do what He has called you to do. You can accomplish your goals. You have the ideas, the creativity and talent to be successful. You can overcome every obstacle! You’ve been armed with strength for every battle, and the forces that are with you are greater than the forces that are against you!

Today, don’t settle where you are. Don’t settle for a weak, defeated mentality. Instead, have the attitude that “I am anointed. I can accomplish my dreams. I can overcome any obstacle. I am equipped and empowered by the Creator of the universe! I am able to live the abundant life God has in store for me!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for equipping me. Thank You for empowering me. Help me stay focused on Your Word and Your plan for me today. Help me understand Your anointing so that I can do all that You’ve called me to do. I bless You today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

17 Jan 2011 05:58 #178 by DrMike
Press Through
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Keep on asking and it will be given you; keep on seeking and you will find; keep on knocking [reverently] and [the door] will be opened to you” (Matthew 7:7, AMP)

In Mark chapter five, there was a woman who had been sick for twelve years. The doctors gave her no hope. But she heard that Jesus was passing through her town. Something deep down on the inside was saying, “This is your season. This is your time to get well.” In the natural, when she saw all the people around Him, she thought, “I’ll never get to Him. It’s so crowded and I’m weak.” She almost missed her season. But instead of dwelling on those negative thoughts, instead of looking at her situation, she started reminding herself, “If I can just get to Jesus, I will be whole.” She made the choice to turn her thoughts in the right direction and was empowered to take a leap of faith. She pressed through the crowd until she got just close enough to touch the edge of Jesus’ robe. Instantly, she was made whole.

Jesus said in Mark 5:34, “Daughter, your faith has made you well.” Notice it’s our faith that activates God’s power. We have to press through our thoughts, press through our circumstances, press through the crowd and obstacles until we touch Him. Today, with every step you take, God is drawing closer to you. He’ll meet your faith with His miraculous power so you can embrace the victory He has waiting for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I come to You today with an open and humble heart. I ask You to fill me with Your strength, peace and joy so that I can press through to victory today. Show me the good plan You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

18 Jan 2011 04:35 #179 by DrMike
The Only Thing That Counts

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love” (Galatians 5:6B, NIV)

So often, it’s easy to get caught up in our to-do lists of life. You might even have a spiritual checklist in your mind of all the things you think you need to do in order to please God. And we should have the desire to please Him and follow His commands, but pleasing Him starts with our heart condition. Scripture tells us in 1 Corinthians that only faith, hope and love will last into eternity. We can’t have faith unless we first have hope, and our faith won’t work without love. The point is that we have to remember to adjust our focus and make sure that we aren’t just going through the motions in our spiritual walk. We can do a lot of “good” things, too. But if we don’t have love, they won’t matter in eternity. We can have a lot of knowledge, but if we don’t have love, it won’t do us any good. However, when love is the foundation for everything we do, it honors God and opens the door for the life of victory in blessing He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your blessing and peace upon my life. Today, I choose love, knowing that it fuels my faith. I don’t want to go through the motions; I want to love the way You love me. Show me ways to grow in love as I keep my heart and mind fixed on You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

19 Jan 2011 05:43 #180 by DrMike
The Greatest Thing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love” (1 Corinthians 13:13, NIV)

Spiritual maturity isn’t measured by how long you’ve been a Christian, how much you know, or how often you go to church. Spiritual maturity is measured by the way you treat other people. It’s measured by the love you allow to operate in and through you.

1 Corinthians 13 gives us a picture of what love looks like. When we are walking in love, we treat other people with courtesy and respect. In other words, are you kind to the person at the checkout counter that may be moving too slowly? Are you gentle when you are driving down the highway and someone cuts you off? Are you patient with your family and coworkers? These are all characteristics of love. The Bible tells us that love is patient. It is kind. It does not envy; it is not proud. It is not rude. Love is not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrong. Love never fails.

Notice that these characteristics don’t have anything to do with feelings. Love is a choice. You can choose to walk in love toward people even when you don’t feel like it! Today, look for ways to cultivate the greatest thing in your life — love! Let love grow in you because it is the sign of spiritual maturity and opens the door for God to operate in and through you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for working in my life. Thank You for loving me so that I can show love to others. Keep me close to You and help me be an instrument of love everywhere I go. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds