Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

15 Oct 2010 03:59 #111 by DrMike
By His Grace

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“But whatever I am now, it is all because God poured out His special favor on me — and not without results. For I have worked harder than any of the other apostles; yet it was not I but God who was working through me by His grace” (1 Corinthians 15:10, NLT)

In this day and age, many people are filled with worry about their future. They live stressed out, wondering, “What’s going to happen if I get laid off?” “How am I going to handle it if my loved one doesn’t make it?” Or, “My parents are getting older. How can I take care of them and my own family as well?” Here is the answer: God’s grace is going to be there at every stage of your life to help you do whatever you need to do.

See, God’s grace is what saves us, but that’s not all. Grace is God’s enabling power. His grace will give you the strength, wisdom and favor to accomplish what you could not normally accomplish on your own. His grace is sufficient for whatever you need in your future.

If you’re in a difficult marriage, if you’re raising a child that’s hard, if you’re facing a sickness, one thing you can count on is that the grace of God will be there. Receive His grace today, by faith, and let Him empower you to walk through that difficulty into a place of supernatural victory in Jesus’ name!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your grace that is at work in my life. Thank You for empowering me every day to fulfill Your purposes. Keep me close to You and teach me to trust as I walk with You one day at a time. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Oct 2010 04:00 #112 by DrMike
Abundant Life Today

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I came that they may have life and have it abundantly” (John 10:10, ESV)

Are you living the abundant life Jesus came to give? I’m not talking about living in the fanciest house or driving the newest car. No, His promise of abundant life goes way beyond material things that this world offers. Abundant life means “life to the full.” That means no matter what is going on around you, you can partake of the full blessings of God. You can have peace in the midst of a storm. You can have joy when things are uncertain. You can have hope when circumstances seem hopeless.

A lot of times it’s easy, as believers, to look at that verse and think, “God is going to give me abundant life someday.” But the truth is that God wants you to have abundant life TODAY!

Don’t waste another second living in mediocrity or settling for less than God’s best. Receive His blessings by faith today. Receive His hope, joy, strength and favor. Declare that you are living the abundant life today and every day!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus so that I can have eternal life. I know that You want the best for me. Help me to keep my heart and mind focused on You so that I can walk in Your ways all the days of my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

19 Oct 2010 03:56 #113 by DrMike
Observe to Do

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go” (Joshua 1:7, NKJV)

The Bible has a lot to say about prosperity. Prosperity simply means thriving, vibrant and alive. It’s a picture of vitality. When you are prosperous, you have more than enough to give to others. That means more peace, more grace, more hope, more love.

The key to receiving all these spiritual blessings is found in today’s verse. When we are careful to “observe to do” what God has commanded, we are setting ourselves up for success. We are engaging in His system of doing things; and when we do things God’s way, we get God’s results!

Today, choose to “observe to do” what God has commanded. Invite Him to search your heart and mind and remove anything that is displeasing to Him. Put Him first because when you make Him your number one priority, you are setting yourself up to prosper wherever you go.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your precious Word which is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I choose to put You first place in every area of my life. I submit myself to Your Word that I may follow You and be blessed in everything I do. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

20 Oct 2010 04:08 #114 by DrMike
As Your Soul Prospers

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers” (3 John 1:2, KJV)

In the New Testament, John prayed that we would prosper and be in health “as our souls prosper.” One translation says “as you are strong in spirit.”

God wants your inner man to be strong and healthy because your internal condition affects your external condition. If you are healthy in your soul, you will be healthy in your relationships, finances and every area. On the other hand, if your internal condition is negative, sour and defeated, then your life will reflect the same thing.

How do you become strong and healthy in your soul? First of all, by making Jesus your Lord and Savior and dedicating every area of your life to Him. Then, as you meditate on and follow His Word, you are giving strength to your inner man. You are programming your mind and heart in the right direction. You are setting yourself up to prosper and be in health in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for Your goodness. Thank You for choosing me and setting me up to prosper in this life. Today, I dedicate every area of my heart and mind to You. Strengthen my inner man by Your Spirit today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

21 Oct 2010 03:12 #115 by DrMike
Written On Your Heart
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“They demonstrate that God’s law is written on their hearts...”(Romans 2:15, NLT)

In the Old Testament, God’s commands were written on stone tablets and kept in the tabernacle. Today, when we accept Jesus as our personal Lord and Savior, we become His temple. He lives in us and engraves His promises and commands in our hearts.

How can you be sure of this? This verse goes on to say that it’s because your conscience, or inner man, has a stronger knowing of what is right and what is wrong; what you should and shouldn’t do. Because you are drawn to follow the Word of God, you know that the Spirit of God is on the inside of you guiding and directing you. Every time you follow His leading, your ability to hear and know Him is strengthened. But if you choose to bypass that prompting on the inside, your heart can become hard which will affect your ability to hear Him in the future.

Make the decision today to demonstrate that God’s law is written on your heart by quickly obeying His leading. As you do, He’ll guide you down the path of blessing, and you’ll experience the abundant life He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for making Your home in me and for guiding me down the path of peace and blessing. Help me to clearly follow Your promptings all the days of my life so I can honor You in all I do. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

28 Oct 2010 05:29 #116 by DrMike
Sudden Breakthroughs

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...the Lord has broken through my enemies before me, like the bursting out of great waters...”(2 Samuel 5:20, AMP)

God wants to give you a breakthrough — a sudden burst of His favor; an explosion of His goodness. He wants to release His power in such a way that it overwhelms you and drives out your enemies!

Maybe you’ve been praying about a relationship for years; and suddenly, things get into place. That’s a breakthrough. Or, you were trying to get a certain job. They said there were no openings; but suddenly, they call you back and you get the job. That’s another breakthrough. Perhaps you’ve struggled with an addiction for a long time; but then something happens, and it’s not a struggle anymore. Those are all breakthroughs.

No matter what you’ve been facing, no matter how impossible things look, know this: the God of the breakthrough wants to visit your house. Get ready! Look for His favor and goodness. Remember, God rewards the people who seek after Him. So keep expecting, keep believing because the God of the breakthrough is ready to overwhelm you with His goodness today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I am expecting Your goodness. I am looking for Your favor. I’m trusting that You, the God of the breakthrough, are working mightily on my behalf. Help me to live a life pleasing to You as I wait for Your hand to move mightily in my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

29 Oct 2010 03:57 #117 by DrMike
He Laughs in the Heavens

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“He Who sits in the heavens laughs...” (Psalm 2:4, AMP)

Have you ever imagined God laughing in the heavens? Think about it for a moment. Right now, God is on the throne. He’s not mad. He’s not worried about the economy. He’s not upset with you and me. God is full of joy and laughing on the throne. It goes on to tell us in Psalm 37 that He’s laughing because “He can see the destruction of the enemy coming.” In other words, the reason God laughs is because He knows the end of the story. He knows the final outcome. The good news is that you and I win. God always causes us to triumph!

Imagine watching the Super Bowl when you already know the outcome. You already know who is going to win. No matter how far behind the winning team falls, no matter how bad it looks for them, you wouldn’t get upset. You wouldn’t be worried. Why? You’ve got inside information. You know the final outcome. That’s what God is saying to us today. When it gets tough and things don’t look like they’re going to work out, we know that with God we are on the winning team! Today, you can laugh with Him knowing that He has favor, strength and victory in store for your future!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I choose to rest and trust in You. Thank You for bringing victory in every area of my life. Give me opportunities today to share Your joy and love with the people around me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

01 Nov 2010 05:34 #118 by DrMike
Transformed

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is — His good, pleasing and perfect will” (Romans 12:2, NIV)

Most people have things in their lives that they want to change — old habits, addictions or something they want to overcome. The world offers so many “solutions” to improve your life; but really, the only way we are truly changed, the only way to be permanently transformed is by renewing your mind with the Word of God.

The scripture tells us that we shouldn’t follow the pattern of the world. What is the pattern of the world? It’s the constant striving to do more, be more and have more that only leads to weariness, emptiness and frustration. That’s not what God intends! Instead, focus your thoughts on the Word of God because when you make the Word your number one focus, something supernatural takes place.

Only you can control the doorway to your mind. Nobody can do this for you. You choose what you meditate on and what you set before your eyes. I encourage you to stay on the offensive and diligently guard your mind and heart because when you do things God’s way, you get God’s results — life, peace and joy!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I submit myself to You and to Your Word. I invite You to transform me into Your image. Help me to make wise choices and keep me close to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

02 Nov 2010 04:46 #119 by DrMike
One Thought at a Time

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:5, NIV)

Transforming something in your life whether it’s your attitude, mindset, financial situation or bringing change into a relationship can seem like an overwhelming task. But as the old saying goes, “How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.” Likewise, the way you change your life is one thought at a time.

Your thoughts set the direction of your life. If you need to change the direction you are headed, you simply need to change your thoughts in that area. When a thought comes to your mind that “you’re never going to get well; this is your lot in life,” don’t dwell on that. Don’t sit around and have a pity party. No, immediately reject it and replace it with God’s Word. Just say, “Father, You said in Isaiah, ‘By the stripes of Jesus I am healed.’ You said in Jeremiah, ‘You would restore health unto me.’ So Father, I thank You that I’m coming out of this in the name of Jesus.”

I encourage you to be aggressive in taking every single thought and making it obedient to Christ. Stay determined, stay focused and keep declaring His Word because you can change your life, one thought at a time!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for empowering me today to become better, stronger, more alive and blessed. I receive Your Word as truth and choose to change my life one thought at a time. Thank You for leading me and guiding me by Your Spirit. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

03 Nov 2010 05:17 #120 by DrMike
He Brings Justice

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And will not God bring about justice for His chosen ones, who cry out to Him day and night?” (Luke 18:7, NIV)

Have you been crying out to the Lord for something? Maybe there’s a situation in your life that’s been overwhelming, and you feel like you’ve done everything you know to do and can’t see a way through. Be encouraged today because we serve a God of justice! He is faithful to His Word, and He will always be faithful to you.

Not only is He a God of justice, He is your vindicator. One thing we have to remember is that our battle is not with the person who may have wronged us. Scripture says that the enemy of our souls, the accuser of the brethren is our ultimate enemy. Know today that God already has a plan; He already knows the future, and He will bring about justice! Before eternity is through, He will right the wrongs that have been done to you.

Your part is to release the situation into His capable hands. You don’t have to straighten everybody out or right the wrongs in your life, that’s God’s job. Trust Him with your future because the God of justice is working things out on your behalf!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I release every care, every concern, every situation that is beyond my control. I trust that You are working things out for my good, and You are bringing justice to me. Thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.698 seconds