Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

31 Aug 2010 05:26 #81 by DrMike
And God Said…
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"And God said, 'Let there be light,' and there was light" (Genesis 1:3, NIV)

When God commanded light to come forth, it came—at 186,000 miles per second! Friend, when God commands something, you can be sure that it's going to happen.

Just like He commanded the worlds to be formed, God has commanded that you be blessed. He has commanded that you prosper and increase. He has commanded that you be above only and not beneath. As a believer and follower of Jesus, you are called to be the head and not the tail. If you will get into agreement with God and not let other people or your own thoughts talk you out of it, then you will see this commanded blessing take you further than you ever thought possible.

Today, set your heart and mind on His goodness. Believe that He is ready to take you places that you've never dreamed. Receive His promises because He is faithful. If God said it, He will do it! Get ready because He is pouring out His blessing on every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness. Thank You for the power in Your Word to change my world. I choose to get into agreement with You and declare that Your will be done in my life. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Sep 2010 05:27 #82 by DrMike
By His Grace

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"But whatever I am now, it is all because God poured out His special favor on me--and not without results. For I have worked harder than any of the other apostles; yet it was not I but God who was working through me by His grace" (1 Corinthians 15:10, NLT)

In this day and age, many people are filled with worry about their future. They live stressed out, wondering "What's going to happen if I get laid off?" "How am I going to handle it if my loved one doesn't make it?" Or, "My parents are getting older. How can I take care of them and my own family as well?" Here is the answer: God's grace is going to be there at every stage of your life to help you do whatever you need to do. God's grace is what saves us, but that's not all. His grace is His enabling power. His grace will give you the strength, wisdom and favor to accomplish what you could not normally accomplish on your own. His grace is sufficient for whatever you need in your future.

If you're in a difficult marriage, if you're raising a child that's hard, if you're facing a sickness, one thing you can count on is that the grace of God will be there. Receive His grace today, by faith, and let Him empower you to walk through that difficulty into a place of supernatural victory in Jesus' name!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for Your grace and mercy upon my life. Thank You for empowering me to rise above every obstacle I may face. Thank You for restoring my future and equipping me to move forward into the victory You have for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

07 Sep 2010 05:27 #83 by DrMike
Friend of God

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"…Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness, and he was called God's friend" (James 2:23, NIV)

The all-knowing, all-powerful Creator of the universe wants to be your friend today! He wants to walk with you, talk with you and simply share life with you. That's why He created you, first and foremost, for His fellowship. It's as simple as opening your heart of faith to Him just like Abraham did.

The Bible says that God is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. That means He is always faithful and true. People may let you down, but God will never let you down. He will never leave you. He will never forsake you. He is with you always. He is mindful of you; He is always thinking of you.

What an honor and privilege it is to be called God's friend! Let that sink down into your heart today. The next time the enemy tries to tell you that you are alone in this world, or no one understands what you are going through, just say out loud, "I am a friend of God." With God as your friend, He'll lead you and walk with you down the path of victory!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for being my friend today. Thank You for loving me and being faithful to me. Help me understand Your friendship today so that I can be a better friend to those around me. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

08 Sep 2010 08:17 #84 by DrMike
Cleansed and Set Apart

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"…But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God" (1 Corinthians 6:11, NIV)

Do you know how valuable you are to God today? Not only did He pay a precious price in order to have a relationship with you; He cleansed you, set you apart, and made you brand new.

Think of it this way, if you saved your money and purchased a very rare and valuable piece of jewelry, you wouldn't just leave it around the house or office. You probably wouldn't wear it to the gym or to work in the yard. You wouldn't let your children play with it. No, you would set it apart and protect it. You would polish it, keep it clean and show it off on special occasions. You would handle it carefully because it's valuable.

Friend, understand today that you are valuable to Almighty God. He handles you carefully. As a follower of Jesus, He has set you apart for a specific purpose. He is proud of you. You are His most prized treasure. Let that sink down into your heart today. Meditate on His goodness as you realize your worth in Him!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for loving me. Thank You for choosing me and setting me apart for Your glory. I receive Your love today and invite You to have Your way in every area of my life. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

09 Sep 2010 11:24 #85 by DrMike
The Beginning of Wisdom

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"The reverent fear and worship of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom" (Psalm 111:10, AMP)

Do you need more wisdom in your life today? The Bible says that the reverent fear and worship of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. That word fear in this instance doesn't mean "to be afraid;" it means to have honor and respect. It means that we revere Him because He is God. When you truly respect Him for who He is and worship Him out of a grateful heart, then supernatural wisdom will operate in your life. You'll know just what to do in difficult situations, and you'll be a voice of godly counsel with your friends and family.

Start reverently worshiping Him today by declaring His goodness and faithfulness in your life. Declare that He is your Provider, your Healer, your Redeemer. When you focus on your God instead of focusing on your problems, you are honoring Him. As you honor Him, wisdom will flow through you, and you'll be empowered to live the life of victory He has planned for your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I choose today to honor and worship You. I choose to put You first in my life. Thank You for filling me with Your wisdom today so that I can live in victory the way You intend. Help me make wise choices and honor You in all that I do. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

10 Sep 2010 08:00 #86 by DrMike
Friend of God
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"…Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness, and he was called God's friend" (James 2:23, NIV)

The all-knowing, all-powerful Creator of the universe wants to be your friend today! He wants to walk with you, talk with you and simply share life with you. That’s why He created you, first and foremost, for His fellowship. It’s as simple as opening your heart of faith to Him just like Abraham did.

The Bible says that God is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. That means He is always faithful and true. People may let you down, but God will never let you down. He will never leave you. He will never forsake you. He is with you always. He is mindful of you; He is always thinking of you.

What an honor and privilege it is to be called God’s friend! Let that sink down into your heart today. The next time the enemy tries to tell you that you are alone in this world, or no one understands what you are going through, just say out loud, “I am a friend of God.” With God as your friend, He’ll lead you and walk with you down the path of victory!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for being my friend today. Thank You for loving me and being faithful to me. Help me understand Your friendship today so that I can be a better friend to those around me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

13 Sep 2010 04:18 #87 by DrMike
Forget What Lies Behind

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"…But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind straining toward what is ahead" (Philippians 3:13, NIV)

Are you determined to forget what lies behind? I know many people don't fully understand what it means to forget the past. They wonder, "How can I forget something that's happened to me?" But one definition of the word forget is to disregard intentionally or to overlook. See, you have to intentionally disregard your past so that it doesn't keep you from moving forward. That means the good and the bad. Sometimes our past victories keep us from rising higher as much as past failures. If we don't let go of the old, we'll never be able to embrace the new.

Remember, it doesn't matter what's happened in your history, it's time to forget what lies behind. Make the choice today to press forward. Trust that God has a better future in store for you. Trust that He's working behind the scenes on your behalf. As you intentionally disregard what lies behind and press forward, I believe God will pour out His favor, grace and blessing upon you and lead you into the abundance He has prepared for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I choose to forget the past today. I don't want anything to hold me back from the future You have prepared for me. I choose forgiveness and ask that You help me, by Your Spirit, to press forward in every area of my life. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

14 Sep 2010 04:15 #88 by DrMike
Just Imagine
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"No one can know a person's thoughts except that person's own spirit, and no one can know God's thoughts except God's own Spirit" (Ephesians 3:20, NIV)

When was the last time you imagined God doing something supernatural in your life? Is there a relationship that needs restoration? Is there a business you've wanted to start, but you are holding back? If there were no limitations on your life, if anything were possible, what would you be willing to imagine?

Friend, the only limits on your life are the limits you have in your mind, and God wants to do exceedingly more than you can even imagine today! He wants to overwhelm you with His goodness and amaze you with His faithfulness. But in order for Him to exceed what you've imagined, you have to at least be imagining something! Why don't you take a step of faith today and let your imagination come to life? Begin to see in your mind all the possibilities for your future. Meditate on the amazing things God has done throughout history. Let that seed of faith take root in your heart. Hold on to His promises because He is faithful. He is able to exceed your expectations and go beyond what you can imagine today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Today I submit my imagination to You. Help me to see what You see for my future. Help me to take the limits off my thinking so I can receive everything You have in store for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

15 Sep 2010 06:54 #89 by DrMike
Thinking God's Thoughts
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"No one can know a person's thoughts except that person's own spirit, and no one can know God's thoughts except God's own Spirit" (1 Corinthians 2:11, NLT)

When we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, God's Spirit becomes one with us and makes His home in us. Because He actually dwells in us, His thoughts and His power dwell in us. One of the ways God empowers us is through our thinking, our imagination. He wants to empower our minds because our thoughts set the direction for our lives. If we think God's thoughts, we will get God's results in our lives.

How do we know which thoughts are God's? Hebrews 4:12 tells us that the Word of God will make it clear. When your thoughts line up with His promises, you can be sure that you are thinking His thoughts!

Today, choose to focus on God's thoughts. Let Him empower you through your union with Him. Meditate on the Word and confess His promises over your life. As you continue thinking God's thoughts, you will see God's results and live the life of victory and blessing He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I submit my mind, will and emotions to You. I choose to align myself with Your Word. Thank You for filling me with Your Holy Spirit and empowering me to live the life of victory You have in store for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

16 Sep 2010 07:48 #90 by DrMike
Beyond Your Expectations

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"When You came down long ago, You did awesome deeds beyond our highest expectations…" (Isaiah 64:3-4, NLT)

God wants to exceed your highest expectations! He wants to bless you and increase you. He wants to make you more effective in your job, relationships and everything you set your hand to. The key is to expect to see His goodness. So many people today have misplaced expectations because they look to the news, the economy or other people to set the tone for their day. One thing I've learned in life is that if you expect the worst, you won't be disappointed. But if you expect to see God's goodness, you won't be disappointed, either.

Today set your expectations on God. Focus your heart and mind on Him. Meditate on His Word and sing a song of praise. As you do, you'll see His goodness, and He will do awesome deeds beyond your highest expectations!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I set my expectations on You! I lift my eyes to You because You are the source of my help. Thank You for filling me with Your peace and joy as I keep my hope and expectations in You. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.687 seconds