Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

23 Aug 2010 04:57 #71 by DrMike
Find Peace Today

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You" (Isaiah 26:3, NKJ)

Do you need more peace in your life today? Are you frustrated or upset over something or fighting off discouragement? The first question to ask yourself is "What am I thinking about?"

If you're thinking about your problems all the time or how impossible everything is, then your life is going to follow that negative direction. But, when you get your mind going in the right direction, when you focus your mind on the Word of God, then you are setting yourself in the direction of peace.

Today, choose to keep your mind focused on the Father. Be empowered by meditating on His Word. As you set your thoughts in the right direction, your life will head down the path of peace and victory He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for peace today. I receive it as a comforting blanket to my heart, my mind and my emotions. I choose to focus on Your Word today. Direct my steps and guard me by Your peace. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Aug 2010 05:11 #72 by DrMike
Blessed Wherever You Go

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE
"If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all His commands…you will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country" (Deuteronomy 28:1-3, NIV)
Do you want to experience more of God's blessing in your life? Living in obedience and integrity is the key that unlocks the door to His abundance. When you put God and His Word first place in your life, the Bible says you'll be blessed in the city and in the country—you'll be blessed wherever you go!

This chapter in the Bible goes on to say that you will be so blessed that you will lend and not borrow. Can you see yourself in that position? Can you see yourself living in that kind of abundance?

See, God doesn't want you to be living with a barely-get-by attitude. We don't serve a barely-get-by God; our God is more than enough! He wants you to have more than enough to meet your needs and be a blessing to the people around you.

I encourage you today to make room in your life for the blessing of God. Choose to live in obedience to His Word. Choose to follow His commands. As you do, you will rise up higher and live the abundant life God has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for Your hand of blessing on my life. I choose today to put You first in everything I do. Help me to walk in integrity and follow Your commands so that I can honor You always. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

24 Aug 2010 20:05 #73 by Nmysys
Another extremely inspirational sermon Dr. Mike. I am at a point that I check this thread every day, and am amazed at how relevant each prayer is. God Bless you!!

24 Aug 2010 20:09 #74 by ColoradoXprss

DrMike wrote: Find Peace Today

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for peace today. I receive it as a comforting blanket to my heart, my mind and my emotions. I choose to focus on Your Word today. Direct my steps and guard me by Your peace. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Thank you DrMike... Very inspirational!

24 Aug 2010 20:12 #75 by JMC
Not religious but enjoy your messages very much also

25 Aug 2010 05:14 #76 by DrMike
Established in Love

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love" (Ephesians 3:17, AMP)

Did you know there is tremendous power in love? In the same way that a tree will grow taller and stronger when its roots grow deep, you will be stronger and rise higher when you are rooted and established in love.

How do you establish yourself in love? It starts with a choice. When you say "yes" to love, you are saying "yes" to everything God is because God is love! Then, choose to operate in love according to 1 Corinthians 13. That means being patient and kind. It means not seeking your own way, not being jealous or boastful. When you choose love instead of choosing your own way, you are showing the world that God is first place in your life. You are establishing yourself in love. The more you choose to walk in love, the deeper and stronger your roots will grow.

Remember, love is the greatest thing, and it is all that will last in eternity. Choose to establish yourself in love and let it be firm within you. Let His love build security in you and empower you to live the life of blessing He has in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I choose to be established in Your love. Show me how to love others the way You love me. Thank You for setting me free and empowering me to live the good life You have prepared for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

25 Aug 2010 05:16 #77 by DrMike
Thanks everyone, I am glad you enjoy these words of encouragement. Blessings!

26 Aug 2010 05:14 #78 by DrMike
New Times and Seasons
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"He changes times and seasons..." (Daniel 2:21, NIV)

God is always looking to take us to higher levels. He wants us to grow and increase in every area. Change is often a catalyst for growth in our lives, and it keeps up from getting stuck in a rut. To help keep us on our path toward our destiny, God will supernaturally open and close doors of opportunity. He will "stir us" out of comfortable situations and stretch us because He loves us too much to allow us to live in mediocrity.

Do you know how an eaglet learns to fly? That mother eagle will take her eaglet to the very highest point—way out of its comfort zone—and then she just releases it. As the eaglet falls, the mother swoops down and picks it back up again. She does this over and over until the eaglet spreads its wings and soars through the air.

That's what God wants for you today. He wants you to soar in life! You might feel like that eaglet learning to fly, but know that God is right there with you! He is bringing you new times and seasons so that you will rise higher and embrace the very best He has in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Dear God, today I open my heart and mind to receive all that You have for me. I trust that You are with me directing my every step. I embrace Your seasons of change and thank You for helping me grow and increase in every area. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

27 Aug 2010 05:13 #79 by DrMike
Crowned with Goodness
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"You crown the year with Your bounty and goodness…" (Psalm 65:11, AMP)

The Lord has crowned your year with bounty and goodness! That means there is an abundant supply for whatever you may need—spiritually, physically, emotionally and financially. He has also set up a system so that you can access His blessings. It's the system of seedtime and harvest. If you have a need in your life, sow a seed. For example, if you're lonely and need friends, sow a seed by being a friend to someone. If you have a financial need, pray and ask the Lord where you should sow a financial seed. The Bible says to give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over. That's God crowning your year with bounty and goodness. Do you need mercy? Sow seeds of mercy. The more you sow, the more you will reap a harvest from God's abundant bounty.

Remember, He's already crowned your year with His goodness. Take a step of faith today and believe that God is ready to pour out His abundant blessing on you all the days of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for supplying all my needs according to Your riches in glory. I submit my resources to You today and ask You to show me where I can sow seeds and be a blessing to those around me. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

30 Aug 2010 05:04 #80 by DrMike
Commanded Blessings

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully follow all His commands I give you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the LORD your God" (Deuteronomy 28:1-2, NIV)

There is a blessing that God has for every one of His children that will cause you to rise out of lack into abundance! It will take you from barely getting by to living in overflow. It brings supernatural increase! We were never created to drag through life constantly struggling. If we're going to receive His blessings, we have to come into agreement with His Word in our minds, hearts and actions.

This commanded blessing is found in Deuteronomy 28. It tells us that if we will live a life that honors God and obey His Word, then all these blessings will chase us down and overtake us. It says that you will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country. God will open up to you His good treasury and cause you to lend and not borrow. He will make you plenteous in goods and give you a surplus of increase.

Today, let this truth sink down into your spirit: the Creator of the universe has commanded blessing upon you. Receive it today and choose to walk in complete obedience to Him!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your commanded blessing. I receive Your truth today which sets me free. Help me, by Your Spirit, to follow Your commands so that I may live a life that is pleasing to You. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds