Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

09 Aug 2010 06:58 #61 by DrMike
New Every Morning

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"…His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness" (James 3:10, NLT).

Is there something that you've done in your past that you're not particularly happy about? A choice that you regret? The good news today is that you can be free of guilt and condemnation. You don't have to live with that burden any longer.

Today's verse tells us that God's mercies are new every morning. He's not ever going to run out of compassion. He's not ever going to run out of forgiveness. He's not ever going to say, "Well, this is the last time I'm going to give you mercy." No, you can have a new beginning every single day!

Let that truth sink down deep into your heart right now. If there is anything from the past that you may still be carrying, take a moment and call on His faithfulness. Call on His mercy. Ask for His forgiveness. Let Him refresh and restore your soul right now. Praise Him and thank Him for the work He is doing in your life and enjoy a fresh new beginning today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I choose to let go of every single weight from the past. I call on Your mercy; I call on Your grace. Thank You for hearing me and delivering me. I receive Your love and forgiveness today. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Aug 2010 05:26 #62 by DrMike
In the Morning

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"In the morning, O Lord, You hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before You and wait in expectation" (Psalm 5:3, NIV).

In the Bible, David was called a man after God's own heart. He knew God and saw incredible miracles throughout his life. But notice in this verse what David did. He set the tone for His whole day by spending time with the Lord every morning. It didn't matter what was going on his life, David had his priorities set. Even though he was mistreated by his family, manipulated, made fun of, hunted down by King Saul, and even made some major mistakes on his own, David realized that each morning held the promise of new hope.

Just like David, if you'll make spending time with God a priority in your life, you will see Him move mightily on your behalf. Make it a habit to seek Him first every single day. No matter what is happening, seek Him in the morning. Let Him set the tone for your day and set you on the course for victory in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I choose to put You first in everything that I do. I choose to set the tone of my day by starting it with You. Draw me close to You and empower me by Your Spirit to fulfill the dreams and destiny that You have placed within me. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

11 Aug 2010 04:59 #63 by DrMike
Safety in Times of Distress

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"But as for me, I shall sing of Your strength; Yes, I shall joyfully sing of Your loving kindness in the morning, For You have been my stronghold and a refuge in the day of my distress"(Psalm 59:16, NAS).

Everyone goes through situations and circumstances in life that can cause distress, worry or anxiety. The key to overcoming these situations is exactly what David did in today's verse. Even though David's very life was at stake, He knew that His source of strength and victory was in His worship. He knew that He would find refuge during the day of distress as He sang praises to the Most High God.

No matter what you're facing in life today, realize that there's no better place for you to be than in the presence of Almighty God. Everything you need is found in Him. When you begin to worship Him, when you call upon His name, He promises to be near you. And when God shows up on the scene, the enemy must flee! Today, if you've been fighting discouragement, worry or anxiety, cast those cares on the Lord. Come into His presence with singing and enter His courts with praise. Let Him be a refuge for you and give you the strength you need to overcome every obstacle in Jesus' name!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I humbly come before You today. I declare that You are good and faithful. I will sing of Your love and mercy. Fill me with Your strength and joy as I worship You. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

13 Aug 2010 07:09 #64 by DrMike
The Path of the Righteous

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day" (Proverbs 4:18, NLTT).

Are you facing a situation that seems dark today? As a believer, God promises that your path will shine brighter and brighter as you seek His truth and righteousness in every situation in your life.

How do you seek righteousness? Righteousness is simply being in right standing with God. When you submit your life to Him and choose to obey His commands, you are seeking His righteousness, and you are on the path of the righteous! Just like today's verse says, the light of God's Word will shine brighter and brighter and will guide you in every decision you have to make.

Today, take time to ask the Lord to shine His light on you. Ask Him to confirm His plan for you. When you make His Word a priority in your life, you will experience more of His blessings. You'll see those brighter days as you move forward in the good plan He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I know that You have a wonderful plan and purpose for me. I desire to be in right standing with You. Show me Your ways and teach me to walk righteously before You. Shine Your light in my heart and give me strength to pursue the path You have in store for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

16 Aug 2010 06:15 #65 by DrMike
Grace for Today

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Give us this day our daily bread…"(Matthew 6:11, NKJ).

God has grace in store for you every single day. Grace is His supernatural empowerment, His unmerited favor on your life. All throughout scripture, we see God giving daily grace, empowerment and provision to His people. For example, when the people of Israel were in the wilderness headed toward the Promised Land, God gave them manna each morning to eat. It would just appear on the ground. But, He specifically instructed them to gather up only enough for one day's supply. In fact, if they got more than that, it wouldn't last. It would spoil. They were learning to trust God's grace every single day.

In the same way, God doesn't give us grace for a year at a time or even a month at a time. No, every 24 hours God has a fresh, new supply of grace, favor, wisdom and forgiveness. How are you going to make it through the seasons of your life? One day at a time. Look for His grace today. Look for His provision today. Look for His hand of favor and blessing today because He promises to supply everything you need for today.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your grace and favor on my life today. I know that You have a fresh supply of everything that I need—physically, spiritually and emotionally—today. Help me to trust You more as I seek Your face. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

16 Aug 2010 17:20 #66 by Grace
Mike, I just found these beautiful passages. Please continue tp post daily.

Link

Seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, form, or proportion.

17 Aug 2010 06:49 #67 by DrMike
One Blessing after Another

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another" (John 1:16, NIV).

God wants to pour out His blessing and favor upon you each and every day. It says in the Psalms that He daily loads us with benefits! So many people miss out on all that God has for them because they are weighted down by guilt and condemnation. But notice what today's verse tells us about where His blessings come from—the fullness of His grace.

God's grace is His unmerited favor. That means we can't earn it. We can't work for it, and we can't change His mind about it. He pours out His blessing on us not because of what we do, but because of who He is. His blessings are based on His goodness, not ours.

Today, receive His grace. Receive His forgiveness. Let go of guilt and condemnation. Open your heart and mind to what God wants to do in your life and get ready because He is pouring out His goodness upon you with one blessing after another!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I choose to receive Your grace today which is Your supernatural empowerment. I release guilt and condemnation and receive Your love and forgiveness. Search my heart, O God. Renew me and cleanse me by Your Word. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

18 Aug 2010 07:25 #68 by DrMike
Renew Your Mind Daily

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ" (2 Corinthians 10:5, NIV).

So many people today are not really enjoying their lives because of the condition of their minds. They constantly dwell on negative, destructive, harmful thoughts. They don't realize it, but the root cause of many of their problems is simply the fact that their thought life is out of control. They just dwell on any thought that comes.

More than ever, we have to understand that our lives follow our thoughts. If you think negative thoughts, then you're going to live a negative life. If you think discouraging, hopeless thoughts, can't-do-it thoughts, mediocre thoughts, then your life is going to go down that exact same pathway. That's why we have to take captive every thought and renew our minds with the Word of God on a daily basis.

I want to challenge you today to think about what you're thinking about. Don't let those self-defeating thoughts linger in your mind. Instead, speak God's promises over your life. Declare what He says about you. Take captive every thought and renew your mind daily. As you do, you'll be empowered to move forward into the abundant life He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I choose to take captive every thought. I choose to renew my mind according to Your Word. Holy Spirit, thank You for being my teacher and helper. I invite You to direct me in the way that I should go. Help me fulfill my destiny. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

19 Aug 2010 07:33 #69 by DrMike
Agreeing with God

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?" (Amos 3:3, NKJ).

Are you going through a difficult time today? We all experience setbacks and obstacles in this life, but don't make the mistake of allowing those challenges to change your perspective. You can't go around thinking that those problems are insurmountable because negative thinking will keep you in bondage.

Did you know that when you're negative, you're in agreement with the enemy? But when you have a positive attitude according to what the Word says, then you're in agreement with God. You and God are a majority. When you agree with God, all things are possible.

Today, instead of going around thinking about your problems, cast down those thoughts and start dwelling on the fact that Almighty God, the Creator of the universe is on your side. Declare today that no weapon formed against you shall prosper. Declare that He is fighting your battles. Declare that victory is on its way. Get into agreement with God and pave the way for His supernatural blessing in your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your truth that sets me free. I choose to submit my thoughts to You and come into agreement with Your Word. Help me to keep my mind stayed on You and Your victory no matter what may come my way. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

20 Aug 2010 05:27 #70 by DrMike
Let Your Love Grow

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"We ought always to thank God for you, brothers, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love every one of you has for each other is increasing" (2 Thessalonians 1:3, NIV).

God's desire is to see you grow and increase in every area of your life—especially in your love for others. That's because love is the greatest thing, and it is all that matters in eternity.

The book, Love at Last Sight: 30 days to Grow and Deepen Your Closest Relationships by Pastors Kerry and Chris Shook, sums it up perfectly. It says, "At the end of the day—in this all-too-short life we all share, all we really have are relationships with people we love and who love us. In light of relationships, the job and career we set as goals now aren't really so important; the ladders we try to climb don't matter so much; the objects we long to possess seem utterly trivial. What really matters in the end is that special look that you share with your spouse, the arms of your child reaching up to you, the quiet comfort of being with a friend who stands by your side in a difficult time."

Today, I pray that your love continues to grow and build a solid foundation for your faith. I pray that through your connection with the Father, you are strengthened in all of your relationships as you move forward into the life of blessing He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for loving me and transforming me into Your image. I invite You to search my heart and mind today. Help me to keep Your plans and purposes first and to love others the way You love me. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.860 seconds