Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

12 Jul 2010 06:40 #41 by DrMike
Seed for Sowing

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness" (2 Corinthians 9:10, NIV).

God desires to bring you increase. He's provided you with seed so that you can invest into the lives of others. There is tremendous potential in any seed. A single seed can produce harvest of 30, 60 or 100-fold return! But that seed has to be planted. You can have a package of seeds sitting in a drawer for years and nothing will happen. But when you plant that seed in the ground, water it and tend to the weeds, that seed will begin to grow. It won't take long before the beautiful harvest is ready to be received.

Remember, you have seeds of greatness on the inside of you. God has placed within you everything you need to be successful. But, you have to step out and sow those seeds. You have to boldly declare your faith and put action behind it. Keep an attitude of expectancy and go out believing that great things are coming your way. Be obedient to His Word because those seeds you sow will produce an abundant harvest of blessing all the days of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for entrusting me with seed to sow. I want to be a wise steward of all Your resources. Give me wisdom and discernment to be obedient with my words and actions. Let everything I do bring honor to You. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jul 2010 07:05 #42 by DrMike
Your Seed Determines Your Harvest

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Don't be misled—you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant" (Galatians 6:7 NLT).

Have you ever looked at a large, old tree and wondered how long it has been there? It's amazing to think that at one point that gigantic tree was merely a tiny seed. In the same way, our words and actions are seeds. We will always reap a harvest on what we sow.

Think about the types of seeds you have been sowing. Are you sowing encouragement, hope, blessing, love? Then that's what you'll reap in the future. But if you've been sowing criticism, judgment and anger, you're probably already reaping a bad harvest. It's time to start changing your seed.

Today, I encourage you to pray and ask God to help you uproot any negative seeds you may have planted in the past and begin sowing good seeds for your future. As you stay obedient to the Word of God, you'll see those seeds grow. You'll rise up higher and enjoy the harvest of blessing God has promised you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I ask You to search my heart. Show me any bad seeds that need to be uprooted. Help me, by Your Spirit, to plant good seeds for my future. Use me for Your glory. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

14 Jul 2010 07:07 #43 by DrMike
Preparing for the Harvest
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase and the trees of the field yield their fruit" (Leviticus 26:4, AMP).

God has set up seasons in our lives. There are plowing seasons. There are planting seasons. There are watering seasons. Sure, we would love for every season to be a time of increase left and right and good breaks here and there. But without the other seasons, we wouldn't be prepared. For example, it's during the plowing season that God brings issues to light that we need to deal with. He's getting us prepared for promotion.

If you're not making as much progress as you would like, the key is to not lose any ground. Don't go backwards. Hold your position. Keep a good attitude and do the right thing even when it's hard. When you do that, you are passing the test, and God promises that your due season of harvest is coming. Be encouraged because your appointed time of increase, favor and promotion is on its way. He's preparing you for the harvest—to see every dream and every desire filled in Jesus' name!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I bless You today. I thank You for preparing me for the blessing and promotion You have in my future. I surrender my heart, mind, will and emotions to You so that I can live as a testimony of Your work in my life. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

15 Jul 2010 06:32 #44 by DrMike
Don't Allow Yourself to Settle

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"So let's not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don't give up, or quit" (Galatians 6:9, The Message).

Everyone has God-given dreams and desires. We all have goals we want to accomplish and situations we are believing will be turned around. Sometimes it seems to take longer than we originally thought. Sometimes, things don't work out the way we planned, and it's easy to lose enthusiasm. If we're not careful, we'll get discouraged and end up just settling where we are. But God doesn't want us to settle, He wants to take us higher. But many times, people miss out on God's best simply because they give up too soon. They don't realize how close they are to their victory.

Friend, don't let that be you today. Don't give up just because things seem hard. You've invested so much, and you never know, just a few more days of believing, another few weeks of doing the right thing, another few months of staying in faith, and you could see that situation turn around. Remember, God is on your side! Keep standing and keep believing because you are closer than you think to fulfilling every desire He's placed inside of you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I come to You again, believing that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. Give me Your strength to keep moving forward into the place of victory You have for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

16 Jul 2010 06:01 #45 by DrMike
The Great Reward

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you!" (Hebrews 10:35, NLT).

What are you believing God for today? Promotion? Healing? Stronger relationships? Freedom from addiction? God has promised all these things to you in His Word. He wants you to live in blessing and wholeness all the days of your life. But in order to experience His promises, we have to do our part. We have to keep believing and trusting in Him. That's what today's verse is saying: if we will stay in faith, if we will keep believing, keep hoping, keep doing the right thing, God promises there will be a reward. I like how one translation puts it, "Don't get discouraged. Payday is coming!"

When you're tempted to get down, when things aren't going your way, just say to yourself, "This may be hard. It may be taking a long time, but I know God is a faithful God. I'm going to keep believing because my reward is coming."

Friend, as you trust Him and stand in faith, as you boldly declare His promises, you are positioning yourself to receive His blessing. No matter what your circumstances look like, remember payday is on its way—and you will experience the blessing and reward He's promised all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for Your good and precious promises. I choose to trust that my reward is coming. I choose to follow Your commands because they lead to blessing and life. Give me a heart that is fixed on You and fill me with Your peace. I patiently wait on You. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

19 Jul 2010 06:57 #46 by DrMike
Be an Imitator of God
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God" (Ephesians 5:1-2, NIV).

Have you ever spent time with a small child or baby and had them mimic your every sound or action? To them it's a fun game, but internally they are learning by watching and copying everything you do. They just watch and do the same thing. That's because we are all prewired to be imitators.

Just like little children, we are all still imitators. So many people today end up imitating what they see in the world, on TV, in the news and magazines. But scripture tells us that we are to be imitators of God and follow His example of love.

If you need to change your actions today, change what you are imitating. All you have to do is simply change your focus. The more you focus on the Word, the more you will imitate God. And when you do things God's way, you will get God's results—peace, joy and blessing all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I choose to put You first place in my life and imitate You. I set aside the things of the world and invite You to search my heart and mind. Give me Your heart of love and let me be an example of Your goodness. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

20 Jul 2010 06:04 #47 by DrMike
Open Your Mouth

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"…Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it…" (Psalm 81:10, NLT).

Do you have your mouth open wide today? In other words, are you expecting God to fill you and increase you beyond measure? Are ready for Him to satisfy your needs and desires with good things? Think about a baby bird. When they are ready to eat, they open their mouths wide. They trust that they will be fed. They expect it. They look for it. They are ready for it.

It should be the same way with us. We need to keep our spiritual mouths open by expecting the goodness of God to satisfy us. Negative thinking is like closing your mouth. A closed mouth can't be filled. But Jesus is saying today, why don't you take the limits off? Why don't you trust and believe for supernatural opportunities?

That little bird waiting for food isn't concerned about where the mother is going to get it from. It isn't concerned about how she's going to dig it up. No, that bird just opens its mouth, trusting and waiting. Why don't you do the same today? Trust that God is working behind the scenes. Open your mouth wide today. You won't be disappointed. God is faithful to His Word, and He will fill you and satisfy you when you put your trust in Him!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I come to You today, asking You to fill my mouth. I choose to trust You even when I don't understand how everything is going to work out. I know that You are a good God with a good plan for my life. Fill me with Your peace and patience as I humbly wait on You. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

21 Jul 2010 08:11 #48 by DrMike
Finding Strength

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint" (Isaiah 40:31, NIV).

Do you need your strength renewed today? The scripture tells us that when we hope in the Lord, that's exactly what will happen—our strength will be renewed. If you've grown weary and tired, overwhelmed by the cares of this world, it's a clear sign that you need to change what you're putting your hope in. Are you putting your hope in your job? The government? The economy? Another person? Those are all things that will change. But when you hope in the Lord, you are investing in the Rock of Ages! He never changes! He is the only solid foundation for your soul.

Today, find strength by simply putting your hope in Him. Start by declaring out loud, "God, I place my hope in You. I trust that You are working behind the scenes in my life. I choose to rest in You." Then, feed your hope and faith by meditating daily on the scriptures. As you renew your mind with the Word of God, you'll find strength, you'll find hope, and you'll find His victory all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for renewing my strength as I put my hope in You. I declare today that I love You and trust You. I know that You are working behind the scenes in my life. Fill me with Your peace and joy as I wait on You. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

22 Jul 2010 06:52 #49 by DrMike
Be Devoted

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves" (Romans 12:10, NIV).

What are you devoted to in your life? Being devoted to something is simply being loyal by giving of your time, affection and resources. Many people today are devoted to certain restaurants, television programs and even their cell phones! There's nothing wrong with any of that, but we have to examine our own hearts and see if we are being devoted to the people God has placed in our lives. Are we honoring others above ourselves? The world's system says to "look out for number one—yourself," but God's system says "look out for others, and I will look out for you."

Today, as you examine your own heart and life, ask the Lord to show you ways that you can honor others. One way is by simply being faithful to your word. Be a person of integrity and honor. As you live your life devoted to one another and honoring others, you are actually honoring God. He will repay you for your kindness and reward you in this life and in eternity!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, teach me to be a person of honor. Teach me to be devoted to others the way You desire. Fill me with Your love which is all that matters in eternity. I bless You and thank You for Your goodness. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

23 Jul 2010 09:25 #50 by DrMike
The Most Blessed

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"If people can't see what God is doing, they stumble all over themselves; but when they attend to what He reveals, they are most blessed" (Proverbs 29:18, The Message).

God wants His people to be the most blessed! He wants His people to constantly increase so they can be examples of His goodness. But, in order to partake of everything He has in store for us, we have to be open to what He wants to do in our lives. We have to have a vision for increase. We have to look for what He is doing and obey what He tells us.

If you're not expecting favor, or if you are just satisfied with where you are, then you are living below your privileges. But if you will get a vision for increase, a vision of who you are as a child of the Most High God and see what He wants to do in your life, then opportunities, favor and increase will open before you. Just like this scripture says, as a child of the Most High, you are entitled to be the most blessed!

I encourage you, today, to take time to focus your thoughts on God and His promises. Meditate on His Word and ask Him to increase your capacity to receive. Then, follow His commands and look for His goodness—and get ready to be the most blessed!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I choose right now to set my mind and focus on You. I choose to look for what You want to do in and through me. I let go of any wrong thinking, attitudes or actions that would hold me back. I choose to obey You and thank You for Your blessing in my life. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds