Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

14 Jun 2010 08:53 #21 by DrMike
Double for Your Trouble
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Because you got a double dose of trouble and more than your share of contempt, your inheritance in the land will be doubled and your joy go on forever" (Isaiah 61:7, The Message)

In the Old Testament when this scripture was written, God's people were going through a very dark time. They were being held captive against their will and mistreated by other nations. God sent this word to encourage them and give them hope for their future. When the time came, God was faithful to His Word!

Are you going through a difficult time today? Let this word bring you encouragement, too. God wants to give you double for your trouble. He is the God of restoration—that means He's not going to just repay you for every wrong done, He's going to go above and beyond and make things even better than they were before.

If you are facing challenges today or going through a time of adversity, remember, it's always darkest just before the dawn appears. Your days are destined to shine brighter because God is faithful. As you stay in faith and are obedient to His Word, you'll receive double for your trouble and see His promises come to pass!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your Word which lights my path and guides my steps. I choose to put my trust and hope in You today. Thank You for bringing restoration into my life as I keep my heart and mind stayed on You. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jun 2010 07:36 #22 by DrMike
For Your Good
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE
"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them" (Romans 8:28, NLT)

Every person goes through disappointments and things that don't seem to make sense. It's easy to get discouraged and think, "Why did this happen to me?" "Why did my loved one not make it?" "Why did this person treat me wrong?" "Why did I get laid off?" I had a man recently tell me how he lost his job after many years. He just didn't understand it. He said, I gave that company my best. I was always there on time. I was loyal. It's just not right.

Friend, we have to understand that even though life is not always fair, God is fair. He promises that He will work all things together for our good. I believe the key word in today's verse is "together." In other words, don't just isolate one part of your life and say, "Well, this is not good." "It's not good that I got laid off." "It's not good that my child got sick." "It's not good that my relationship didn't work out." Yes, that's true, but that's just one part of your life. God can see the big picture. That disappointment is not the end. Your life doesn't stop because of one setback. That is simply one piece of your puzzle. There is another piece coming to connect it all because God promises to work all things together for your good!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for working all things together for my good. I choose to release any doubt, any frustration, any confusion over my past, and I choose to trust in You. Help me to see the big picture as I keep my mind stayed on You. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

16 Jun 2010 07:03 #23 by DrMike
Your Story Ends in Victory
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed" (Psalm 139:16, NLT)

Did you know that all of your days have already been written? God has already recorded every part of your life from the beginning to the end. He knows every disappointment, every loss and every challenge. The good news is that even though you've had some challenges, even though you've faced some setbacks, your story ends in victory. Your final chapter concludes with you fulfilling your God-given destiny and experiencing His eternal restoration.

Any time we face a disappointment in life or go through a loss, we have to remember there's another chapter in front of us. We can't stop on that page, we have to keep moving forward. Instead of focusing on what didn't work out, wondering why we went through a marriage that didn't last, or why we didn't get that position we worked so hard for, focus on the future. Let go of the past and press forward because your story ends in victory, and God will restore everything that has been stolen from you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for setting me up for victory. Thank You for holding me in the palm of Your hand. I choose to release the questions and disappointments in the past so that I can be ready to receive the victory You have prepared for me! In Jesus' Name. Amen.

17 Jun 2010 05:11 #24 by DrMike
Get Ready for The "New"
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the new wine will burst the skins, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined" (Luke 5:37, NIV)

Are you ready for a new chapter in your life? In order to move forward into the blessing God has for you, you have to be willing to let go of the old. The things that are behind you are not nearly as important as what is out in front of you. It's time to get ready for the "new"!

You may have had some unfair things happen, things that you don't understand; but let me tell you, you have come too far to stop now. Instead of allowing those things to hold you back, why don't you let go and take a step of faith into the new? It's time to get a new, bigger vision; it's time to get a new, fresher outlook; it's time to rise up with a new attitude! Instead of settling where you are, pick up and move forward. Have the attitude that says, "I may not understand it; it may not have been fair, but I am not getting stuck on this page. I know God has a new chapter for me—a chapter filled with blessings, favor and victory!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Today, I choose to trust You with my past, present and future. Give me wisdom to discern the seasons of my life and teach me to embrace the new things You have in store for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen

18 Jun 2010 06:53 #25 by DrMike
Store it Up
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Therefore know that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments" (Deuteronomy 7:9, NKJ)

Jesus went before us and paved the way for victory. Because He lives, we can live in victory in this life and in eternity. But not only can we live in victory, we can help others live in victory, too. We can help the people around us, and we can help the people who are coming after us. We can store up mercy, peace and blessings for future generations.

The life we live should make it easier for the people after us. By living a life of excellence, we are leaving a mark for future generations. And really, that’s what matters most in eternity. It’s good to leave an inheritance, but the most valuable thing you can leave on this earth is a legacy of faith.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I choose to focus on eternal things. I choose to store up a legacy of faith, mercy, excellence and hope for future generations. Help me, by your Spirit, to live a life that honors You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!

21 Jun 2010 08:00 #26 by DrMike
Stir it Up
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands" (2 Timothy 1:6, NKJ)

Do you ever feel like you’ve “lost your fire or enthusiasm?” We all have times when we feel overwhelmed by the pressures of life, but that’s when you need to stir up what God has placed on the inside of you. Remember, there are no disadvantages with our God. You have everything you need to succeed. No weapon formed against you is ever going to prosper; you just have to stir up the gift inside. How do you stir it up? By speaking God’s truth and meditating on His word.

Start right now by simply declaring, “I am going to see God’s favor in a greater way. New doors are going to begin to open for me. Supernatural opportunities are coming my way. God is setting up divine connections for me. I’m always at the right place at the right time. I am going to overcome every obstacle and defeat every enemy. I’m going to see every dream, every desire that God has placed in my heart come to pass, in Jesus’ name!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for the dreams, desires, and gifts You’ve placed on the inside of me. I choose to stir up those gifts and declare what You say about me. Have Your way in my heart today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

22 Jun 2010 07:35 #27 by DrMike
Divine Interruptions
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6, NIV)

We all have times when our plans don't work out. We get delayed, interrupted, and inconvenienced. It's easy to get frustrated and fight against everything that doesn't go our way. But I've learned that every interruption is not bad. Every closed door doesn't mean you're doing something wrong. Every delay doesn't mean you're not where you're supposed to be. There is something I call a divine interruption where God, on purpose, will delay us to protect us from an accident. On purpose, He will close a door because it's not His best. Sometimes, God will allow us to be inconvenienced so we can help someone else in need. We have to be willing to press through difficulty so we can be at the right place at the right time.

The next time you're interrupted, delayed, or inconvenienced, don't start thinking, "This is a pain. This is getting me off schedule." No, get a new perspective. Look for what God wants to do because it could be divine interruption or divine protection. Trust Him today because He is directing your steps.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for choosing me. I surrender every area of my mind, will, and emotions to You. Use me for Your glory today and teach me to discern Your ways. In Jesus' Name. Amen

23 Jun 2010 03:07 #28 by DrMike
He is Strong in You
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness…" (Romans 8:26, NLT)

Do you ever get focused on what you consider to be a disadvantage or weakness in your life? Maybe there's something about yourself that you don't like physically. You may have even been through an unfair situation: a divorce, a bad business deal, or a bad break.

We all have things that can feel like disadvantages, things that make it harder on us. But just because you have a "disadvantage," just because you've been through a tough time doesn't mean you're supposed to sit back and settle where you are. No, God still has something great for you to do! He wants to show Himself strong in and through you. The Holy Spirit wants to help you during those times when you feel weak. If you will stay in faith and not get negative toward yourself or your future, then God can take what you think is a liability and turn it into an asset. What you think is a disadvantage God will turn around to be an advantage so you can move forward into the abundant life He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I give You all that I am. I invite You into the weak places in my life so that You can turn them into strengths. Thank You for working in my life and filling me with faith and expectancy. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

24 Jun 2010 06:51 #29 by DrMike
Make Time
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us" (2 Corinthians 5:20, NIV)

It's interesting that many of the miracles Jesus performed weren't planned or scheduled. Oftentimes, they happened when He was interrupted.

Walking down the street, a blind man hollered out, "Jesus! Have mercy! Come over and heal me!" Jesus didn't say, "Don't you know I'm the Son of God? I'm important. I've got a lot to do." No, Jesus stopped what He was doing, went out of His way, and healed the man. Jesus was willing to be inconvenienced to help other people in need.

We have to remember that as believers, we are the hands and feet of Jesus in the earth. We are His ambassadors. We may have a lot on our "to do" lists, but we have to be willing to make time for the people God has placed in our lives. That means not only your friends and family, but people you encounter on a daily basis. Today, keep your heart and mind open because God wants to do something in and through you when you choose to make time for Him.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I commit myself wholeheartedly to Your service. Thank You for choosing me and equipping me to be a blessing to the people around me. Use me for Your glory as I set my love and attention on You today. In Jesus' Name. Amen

25 Jun 2010 00:41 #30 by DrMike
His Plans are Greater
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:9, NIV)

Have you been praying and standing on God's Word for something and you haven't seen the results yet?

The scripture says in John 11 verse 6, "When Jesus heard that Lazarus was sick, He stayed where He was two more days." One translation says, "He sat down." Don't you know that was the opposite response that Lazarus' family was looking for? "Jesus, don't sit down when we need You the most." In other words, "God, don't sit down when my finances are this low." "Don't sit down when my problems are this big." But in the end, God not only healed Lazarus, He raised him from the dead!

Your mind may be telling you it's over, it's too late, it's never going to happen. No, you've got to know there is a reason for the delay. God is planning something greater. You're thinking of a healing. He is thinking of a resurrection. You may be thinking how can I just survive, but God is thinking how you can thrive. Remember, His ways are higher than your ways, and you can trust that He is going to amaze you with His goodness in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I choose to trust in You. I trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I release all of my cares and concerns to You knowing that You have a greater plan in store for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

Time to create page: 1.323 seconds