Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

26 Jul 2010 06:41 #51 by DrMike
Run Your Own Race

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"…let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith…" (Hebrews 12:1-2, NKJ).

It's easy to be tempted to go through life competing with everyone around us. When we see someone who's more talented, better looking or has more gifts, instead of running our race and being comfortable with who we are, oftentimes we feel inferior and think, "I've got to catch up to them." The problem with this unhealthy competition is that it's a never-ending cycle. There will always be someone ahead of us. But, it's a very freeing thing when you realize, "I'm not competing with you. I don't have to have as big a house as my neighbor to feel good about myself. I don't have to keep up with my co-worker. I don't have to be a certain size. No, I understand that I'm not in competition with my friend, my neighbor or my co-worker. Instead, I'm going to be the best me that I can possibly be." Friend, that's an attitude God can work with. When you focus on being who God made you to be, that's when you'll rise up higher and position yourself for every spiritual blessing He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I humbly come to You giving You all that I am. I choose to keep my eyes on You and allow You to work in my heart and mind. I declare that I am free from competition today. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jul 2010 06:11 #52 by DrMike
Know Your Limitations

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be" (1 Corinthians 12: 17-18, NIV).

In the New Testament, John was baptizing a crowd of people and drawing a lot of attention. Somebody came up and said, "John, are you the Christ or should we keep looking?" Without missing a beat John said, "No, I am not the Messiah."

See, John knew what he was, but he also knew what he was not. It's just as important to know what you're not because if you don't realize your limitations, you'll get drawn into areas that may look impressive and may feed your ego, but they are outside of your gifting and calling; outside of what God anointed you to do. Anytime you go outside of your limitations, it will be a constant struggle. Don't let that be you! Instead, stay focused on what you're good at. Follow peace in your heart and know your limitations because God has created you just the way He wants you to be!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me. Thank You for choosing me. I ask that You help me to know my limitations. Help me to know my place in the body of Christ so that I can bring glory and honor to You. In Jesus Name. Amen!

28 Jul 2010 06:48 #53 by DrMike
Let Go of Comparison

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do" (Ephesians 2:10, NIV).

Are you comfortable in your own skin? In other words, do you recognize yourself as the treasure God made you; or are you constantly looking for approval and comparing yourself to a neighbor, co-worker or friend? Do you try to out-dress them or out-perform them? Are you always looking for ways to one-up them?

Friend, it's time to let all of that go. Comparison is a distraction. Comparison is a thief. It steals your time, energy, focus and joy. You aren't here to impress anybody; you don't have to prove anything because you are God's special workmanship. He created you with a purpose for a purpose. You are empowered and equipped to do everything He's called you to do.

If you will choose to stay free from a spirit of competition and just run your own race, not only will you enjoy your life more, but you'll see your gifts and talents come out to the full. You'll see His blessing and favor in a greater way, and you'll move forward into the life of victory He has in store!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for setting me free from competition. I choose to rest in You knowing that I am Your workmanship. Thank You for directing and ordering my steps. I bless and praise You today. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

29 Jul 2010 06:12 #54 by DrMike
Greater Than the Past
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house," says the LORD Almighty. "And in this place I will grant peace…" (Haggai 2:9, NIV).

God wants to amaze you with His goodness! We are living in a day where God is increasing His favor. Maybe you have seen God's goodness to a certain degree. In reality, you haven't seen anything yet! God has favor in your future that will supersede anything that you've seen in the past.

The Scripture talks about how the glory of the latter day will be greater than the glory of the former day. That means what God did for your parents or grandparents, He's going to surpass in your generation. The blessing and favor of past generations was good, but we serve a God of increase! He has greater things in store for your future!

Today, I encourage you to get your hopes up. I encourage you to enlarge your vision. Be expecting God to bring opportunities across your path. Be expecting to meet the right people and get the right breaks. Prepare your heart and mind to receive the increase and blessing God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for being the God of increase. I trust that You have great things in store for my future. I surrender every area of my mind, will and emotions as I wait on You. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

30 Jul 2010 06:33 #55 by DrMike
He Holds Your Destiny

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way" (Psalm 37:23, NKJ).

Oftentimes, people who aren't fulfilling their destiny will try to discourage you from fulfilling yours. They may not do it intentionally, but they'll tell you what you can't do and how things won't work out. They're quick to remind you of all your impossibilities. Your relatives, co-workers and friends may try to talk you out of your dream, but that's because God didn't put that promise in them; He put it in you. You have to remember that other people don't determine your destiny; God does. He holds your destiny in the palm of His hand. If you will keep believing, God will not only bring it to pass, but He will do more than you can ask or think.

Friend, don't let someone else's unbelief keep you from believing. Don't let other people talk you out of your dreams. It's time to get into agreement with God. He says you are well able. He says you are equipped. He says you are qualified. He says you are anointed, called and appointed to fulfill every dream and desire He's placed in your heart!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I trust that You are leading and guiding me today. I trust that You hold my future. I choose to tune out the discouraging voices and tune into Your Word. Fill me with Your peace and joy as You direct my steps. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

02 Aug 2010 04:59 #56 by DrMike
Make Right Connections

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

(Proverbs 18:24, NIV).
"A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother"
Do you know how important it is to be connected to the right people? Your destiny is too big to accomplish on your own. But God has already arranged for certain people to speak faith into you. He has already placed in your path people who will inspire you, challenge you and help you accomplish your dreams. But the reason some people never reach their highest potential is because they never get away from the wrong people.

Recognize today that not everyone can go where God is taking you. You've got to connect with people who understand your destiny and can call forth your seeds of greatness. You don't have time to spend on people who are always pushing you down, telling you what you can't do, or never giving you their approval no matter how hard you try. Friend, life is too short to drag people along. If you will get the wrong people out of your life, then God will bring in the right people so you can fulfill the destiny He has in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for placing the right people in my life. Help me to discern the right connections You have for me. Give me strength to release the wrong relationships so I have room in my life for the people You have chosen to connect with me. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

03 Aug 2010 06:11 #57 by DrMike
Choose Your Friends Wisely

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"…Do not throw your pearls before swine" (Matthew 7:6, NAS).

Do you realize you have treasure on the inside of you? You could say that your pearls are what God has given you to be a blessing to the world around you—your gifts, talents and abilities. When you get around true friends, people who really believe in you, they won't be jealous of your gifts. They won't constantly question who you are. They won't try to talk you out of your dreams. It will be just the opposite. They'll help you polish your pearls, develop your pearls, enhance your pearls, and grow your pearls. In other words, they'll give you ideas. They'll connect you with people they know. They'll help push you further along. If you stay around people who don't value your gifts nor appreciate what you have to offer, that's casting your pearls among swine.

Your inner circle, those who are closest to you, should be people who celebrate who you are; people who are happy when you succeed. They should be people who believe the very best in you. Remember, it's not the quantity of friends that's important, it's the quality of friends. Choose your friends wisely so you can be all that God has called you to be.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for the gifts, talents and abilities You have given to me. Help me to recognize the treasure within. Give me wisdom to discern the right relationships You have ordained for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

04 Aug 2010 07:50 #58 by DrMike
Chosen
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world…" (Ephesians 1:4, NIV).

God chose you before the foundations of the earth. Before the worlds were ever formed, He knew you. And, He didn't create you to be average. He didn't create you to barely get by. No, He created you to excel! Not only has He chosen you, but He has equipped you with everything you need to live His abundant life. He has deposited seeds of greatness inside every person. But in order to tap into those seeds of greatness, you have to believe this and act on it.

Too many people today are going around with low self-esteem, feeling inferior like they don't have what it takes. They are living a lie. And as long as we have a poor self-image, we're not going to experience God's best. In order to be all that God has called us to be, we have to see ourselves as chosen, valuable and victorious.

Today, meditate on this truth. Let it sink down deep into your heart. Let it build confidence and security in you. As you understand your value, you'll rise up higher and higher into the life of victory He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for choosing me. Thank You for equipping me. Help me to see myself the way You see me. Show me Your ways that I may walk with You in confidence and trust all the days of my life. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

05 Aug 2010 08:14 #59 by DrMike
The Fruit of Our Words
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"I create the fruit of the lips…" (Isaiah 57:19, KJV).

Did you know that your words are like seeds? They have creative power. In the future, we will eat the fruit of our words. That means our words are going to produce exactly what we're saying.

That's why it's so important to make positive declarations over our lives every single day. We should say things like "I am blessed. I am prosperous. I am healthy. I am talented. I am creative. I am wise." When we do this, we are standing in agreement with God's Word. We are sowing good seed. We are preparing our future for when we arrive.

Today, make sure you are sowing good seed with your words. Speak God's Word which is truth that will set you free. Let His Word fill your heart and mind and direct your mouth with what to say. Set yourself up for success in your future and pave the way for victory with your words today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your Word which is truth that sets me free. Help me to guard my words and sow good seed into my future. I choose to hide Your Word in my heart. Keep me close to You and direct my steps. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

06 Aug 2010 05:47 #60 by DrMike
Blessing Your Future

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"And so blessing and cursing come pouring out of the same mouth. Surely, my brothers and sisters, this is not right!" (James 3:10, NLT)

Did you know you have the power to bless or curse your future? Your words have tremendous power. If you go around saying things like "I don't have what it takes. I'm so clumsy; I can't get anything right. I'm so undisciplined. I'll probably never lose this weight," you just cursed your future. No, we've got to be extremely careful about what we allow to come out of our mouths. Realize your words are setting the direction for your life. Let me ask you today, which direction are you going? Are you declaring good things? Are you blessing your life, speaking words of faith over your future? Or, are you going around saying negative things like "Nothing good ever happens to me. I'll probably never get out of debt. I'll never break this addiction?"

Today, choose to bless your future. Choose to declare what God says. As you align your words with His Word, you're setting your future up for success. You're preparing your way for victory, and you will fulfill the destiny He has planned for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I choose to speak blessing over my future. I choose to speak life over my future. Thank You for equipping me with everything I need to fulfill the destiny You have prepared for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

Time to create page: 0.392 seconds