Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

11 Oct 2011 05:24 #371 by DrMike
It’s Never too Late

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...Imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised” (Hebrews 6:12, NIV)

Sometimes, it’s easy to look at your circumstances in the natural and think, “I’ve missed my opportunity. I’m too old. It’s too late. I’ve messed up too much.” But with God, there’s always another opportunity. He created you on purpose and for a purpose. He’s the one who placed those dreams and desires on the inside of you. He hasn’t given up on those dreams, and you shouldn’t either! It’s never too late for God, which means it’s never too late for you!

I don’t know about you, but I have never heard of a single story, not in the Bible nor in our time, where God gave someone a dream and fulfilled it on the same day. No, our lives are designed with seasons and processes to build our faith and prepare us for the next step. It takes faith, it takes obedience, and it takes patience to see God’s promises come to pass.

Today, no matter where you are in your journey of faith, just focus on moving forward. God hasn’t given up on you! Trust that He has you in the right place at the right time. Trust that He is working all things together for your good. Trust that new doors are opening. Choose faith and patience, and you will inherit His promises because it’s never too late for you to embrace the good things God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for loving me. Thank You for renewing the fire in me. I trust that You are ordering my steps and making a way where there seems to be no way. Keep me close to You always and reveal the good plan You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Oct 2011 04:16 #372 by DrMike
Dreams in the Making

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“ ‘Here comes that dreamer!’ they said to each other” (Genesis, 37:19, NIV)

In scripture, Joseph was a dreamer. His dreams were so real that he just had to tell others about them. Not everyone was as excited about Joseph’s dreams as he was, but that didn’t keep him from dreaming. It didn’t keep him from believing what was in his heart. When opposition came, when his family turned their back on him, when he was falsely accused and thrown into prison, he kept on dreaming. His life didn’t take the route he had expected, but God was working behind the scenes realigning his steps until those dreams in his heart became reality.

Today, I want to encourage you, no matter what route your life has taken, no matter who has turned their back on you, no matter what anyone else has said about you, those God-given dreams in your heart are still in the making. Your part is to keep believing, keep forgiving, keep following your heart, and stay obedient to His Word. As you stay in faith, just like Joseph, God will take you from the pit to the palace. He’ll order your steps and fulfill those dreams and desires He has placed within you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the dreams and desires You’ve placed within me. Even when I can’t see it, I trust that You are working behind the scenes. I choose to tune out the negative voices and press into You. Keep me close and guide my every step in Jesus’ name. Amen.

13 Oct 2011 07:13 #373 by DrMike
Be All that You Can See

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Then he touched their eyes and said, ‘According to your faith will it be done to you’ ” (Matthew 9:29, NIV)

God created us as visual beings. He is a creative God, and He’s given us the ability to create as well. It all starts with what you see in your mind’s eye. Everyone has their own mental picture of the way they see themselves, their family and their future. This picture determines what kind of life you live. If you have an image of success, victory, health, happiness and abundance, you will naturally gravitate toward that. But if you have an image of lack, defeat and mediocrity, that negative mental picture will keep you from God’s best.
Remember, if you’re going to be successful, you have to first see yourself as successful — the way God sees you. According to your faith, it will be done to you.

Faith comes by hearing the Word. That’s why it’s so important to take time every day to study and meditate on God’s promises. Let His truth sink down deeply into your heart. Open your eyes of faith so you can see yourself rising higher. Choose to have a vision of victory and be all that you can see!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I pray today that You would open the eyes of my heart and reveal Yourself to me. Show me Your ways. Show me Your love. Help me to see myself the way You see me so that I can be all that You have created me to be in Jesus’ name. Amen.

14 Oct 2011 05:42 #374 by DrMike
Change Your Life

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind...” (Romans 12:2, NIV)

If you watch television for any length of time, it won’t be long before you see products and pills advertised to make you thinner, smarter, younger looking, more successful and ultimately claim to change your life. But the truth is all you need in order to change your life is already in your hand. God has given you the ability and the power to be transformed into the person He created you to be.

I heard somebody said, “Sight has to do with what we can see, but vision has to do with what we can be.” The reason some people are stuck at the same level is because their vision is limited. They don’t see themselves growing, increasing, being promoted or getting healthier. All they see is more of the same. More lack. More struggle. More defeat. They’re producing what they’re seeing.

Friend, don’t let that be you! Instead, let the Word of God wash over you and renew your thinking. See yourself the way God sees you. See yourself rising higher. See yourself becoming stronger, healthier and wiser. Change the picture you have of your life, and you will change your life. See yourself the way God sees you and receive the wonderful blessings He has in store for your future!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for the seed of the Word which will not return void in my life. I receive Your truth which sets me free. Help me to see my life the way You see it so I can boldly embrace the blessings You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

17 Oct 2011 04:44 #375 by DrMike
Dream It, Believe It, Live It !

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus” (Philippians 1:6, NIV)

Learning to walk in the destiny God has for you is a process. The first step is to get a vision, a clear picture from God that you can see. The next step is to trust Him — to believe in faith that it will happen. And then finally, you take a step of faith and live out what God has promised no matter what your circumstances or people around you have to say.

First you dream it, than you believe it, and then you live it. Every dream I’ve ever received from God has followed this same pattern. We see in scripture that even the great men and women of the Bible walked through this process. They had to overcome doubts, they struggled on their journey, but they held fast to what God said knowing that He is faithful to complete what He started in us!

Today, if you are having a hard time believing what God has promised will come to pass, understand that you are in a process. Don’t empower doubt with your words. Instead, keep declaring that He who promised is faithful! Keep the vision in front of you knowing that it is for an appointed time. Dream it and believe it because it won’t be long until you are living the blessed life God has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for choosing and equipping me to fulfill my destiny. I receive Your promises by faith knowing that You who began a good work will be faithful to complete it in my life. Thank You for Your peace and guidance every step of the way in Jesus’ name. Amen.

18 Oct 2011 05:20 #376 by DrMike
Dream Boldly

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9, NIV)

When you look out into your future, what do you see? What are the dreams and desires that you hold close to your heart?

So many people start with bold dreams, but then opposition comes. Life doesn’t turn out the way they planned. They lose a loved one or encounter difficulty they didn’t anticipate. Today, if that’s you, I want to remind you that the Creator of the universe designed you with specific gifts and talents that no one else has. He has you on this planet for a specific purpose. When you commit your life to Him, He promises to be with you wherever you go. Even though some things in life may have caught you by surprise, they didn’t catch God by surprise. His good plan for your life remains. You can trust Him because He loves you with an everlasting love, and He doesn’t want to see you settling for anything less than His very best.

I want to encourage you to be bold, be strong and be courageous. Put aside the past and lift up your eyes to Jesus. He is the Author and Finisher of your faith. Live boldly and dream boldly so you can embrace the good things He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I come boldly to You. I open my heart and mind to Your Word. Fill me with Your strength today; fill me with Your hope, and keep me close to You always as I put You first in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.

19 Oct 2011 04:33 #377 by DrMike
The Way

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“ ‘...how can we know the way?’ Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me’ ” (John 14:5–6, NIV)

Do you need direction in your life today? Not only is Jesus the Way to life in eternity, but Jesus is the way to everything you need in this life here on earth. Do you need to know the way out of debt? Look to the Father through Jesus. Do you need to know the way to having better relationships...the way to overcome an addiction...to live in peace and joy? When you know Jesus, you know the Way!

No matter what you are facing today, no matter what challenges or obstacles are in your life, He will make a way for you even when you don’t see how. God loves you so much that He wants to strengthen and empower you to live in total victory. That’s why He sent His Son, Jesus, to this earth — to show you the way to live an abundant life! Open your heart today and receive all that God has given you through Jesus. His is the way, and He made a way for you to live in victory in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus, to show me the way. I receive Your truth and commit my heart to You. I invite You into every area of my being and choose to follow You all the days of my life, in Jesus’ name! Amen.

26 Oct 2011 06:58 #378 by DrMike
Your Place of Blessing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"Then the word of the LORD came to Elijah: Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. You will drink from the brook, and I have ordered the ravens to feed you there" (1 Kings 17:2-4, NIV)

As a believer in Jesus, your steps are ordered by the Most High God. He has a specific place of blessing prepared for you. Just as God directed Elijah to his place of blessing, God is directing you. He's aligning the right opportunities and causing the right people to come along your path to help you get ahead. He's constantly working behind the scenes on your behalf because He is good and loves you with an everlasting love.

The key is that you have to do your part and choose to be obedient to His commands. You have to keep your heart and mind open to Him and maintain an attitude of faith and expectancy. Most of all, you have to watch how you treat others and choose to live in peace and unity because the Bible says that when we live in unity, there He has commanded the blessing. When your heart is in the place of blessing, the rest of your life will be in the place of blessing, too! Today, choose love, choose peace, choose His Word, and choose to enter in to your place of blessing!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I come to You with a grateful heart. Thank You for leading me and directing my steps. Help me to see others the way You see them so I can honor You and live in unity and walk in the place of blessing You have prepared for me in Jesus' name. Amen.

27 Oct 2011 05:06 #379 by DrMike
Being Still

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still" (Exodus 14:14, NIV)

When was the last time you can remember being still? And I don't mean sitting in traffic or standing in line at the store. In today's fast-paced culture, people are constantly multitasking, trying to do more in less time, constantly on the go, constantly seeking information, constantly checking off to-do lists. And there is nothing wrong with any of these things. But if we are going to see the Lord fight our battles, if we are going to embrace the victory He has for us, we have to make it a priority to be still before Him.

Being still means taking time alone in the presence of Almighty God. Being still means being quiet before Him, listening to His voice and meditating on His Word. But, we need to also keep our hearts and minds still no matter what else we are doing. Being still means silencing the negative voices in our minds. It means choosing right thoughts and putting our trust in Him. That's why it's so important to keep His Word first place in your life because when you know His Word, you know Him. When you know Him, you trust Him. When you trust Him, your heart and mind will be still before Him, and He will lead you into victory all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I come to You in the precious name of Your Son, Jesus. I choose to be still in You. I choose to cast my cares on You. Fill me with Your peace today, fill me with Your hope as I keep my heart and mind stayed on You in Jesus' name. Amen.

28 Oct 2011 04:50 #380 by DrMike
Hiding in the Right Place

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"In the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock" (Psalm 27:5, NIV)

Have you ever watched children play hide and seek? They look for the best place to hide in the house or yard and wait quietly for their friend to try to find them. It's a fun game for kids, but even as adults, we need a good place to hide from time to time. Sometimes we need a place of refuge, a place of safety, a place to rest when we feel overwhelmed by the circumstances of life; a place where the enemy of our soul can never find us.

The good news is that God has the perfect hiding place for you! You don't have to hide in your job. You don't have to hide in relationships. You don't have to hide in food or addictions because God Himself promises to hide you! He freely offers you shelter from the storms of life any time you call on His name.

Remember, there's only one place the enemy cannot find you. There's only one place where opposition cannot steal from you. There's only one true place of safety and rest for your soul, and that is in the arms of Jesus. Know that He loves you, and He is ready to receive you when you call on His name!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I come humbly before You giving You all that I am. Thank You for hiding me in Your shelter and keeping me safe from the storms of life. My soul finds rest in You as I seek You and praise Your holy name in Jesus' name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds