Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

31 Oct 2011 05:14 #381 by DrMike
Close the Door on Fear

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not give the devil an opportunity to work.” (Ephesians 4:27, ISV)

So many people today are living with less than God’s best because they’ve allowed fear to creep in and take root in their lives. Fear is the greatest weapon the enemy uses to try to hold us back. Fear is not from God. Scripture tells us that fear brings torment. It’s designed to paralyze us and keep us from God’s blessings.

The good news is that God is greater than fear. His power in you is greater than any power that comes against you. But in order to walk in His power, you have to close the door on the enemy. See, the enemy can’t have access to your life unless you open a door and give him access. That’s why we have to be careful about what we watch, what we listen to, what we read, and what we say. When we open ourselves to fear, we give the enemy opportunity.

If you’ve allowed fear to steal from you in any area of life, today you can be free — you can be finished with fear. Conquering the enemy starts by making the choice to close the door on fear, and instead, meditate on God’s promises. We overcome by the blood of the Lamb and word of our testimony! Let His truth sink down into your heart. Declare it out of your mouth. Let Him set you free and lead you into victory as you close the door on fear!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I come to You today declaring that I am finished with fear. Thank You for giving me power, love and a sound mind. I choose to stand on Your promises. Fill me with Your peace and joy today as I move forward in victory with You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Nov 2011 05:18 #382 by DrMike
Abundant Life Today

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” (John 10:10, ESV)

Are you living the abundant life Jesus came to give? I’m not talking about living in the fanciest house or driving the newest car. No, His promise of abundant life goes way beyond material things that this world offers. Abundant life means “life to the full.” That means no matter what is going on around you, you can partake of the full blessings of God. You can have peace in the midst of a storm. You can have joy when things are uncertain. You can have hope when circumstances seem hopeless.

As believers, a lot of times it’s easy to look at that verse and think, “God is going to give me abundant life someday.” But the truth is that God wants you to have abundant life TODAY!

Don’t waste another second living in mediocrity or settling for less than God’s best. Receive His blessings by faith today. Receive His hope, joy, strength and favor. Declare that you are living the abundant life today and every day!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus so that I can have eternal life. I know that You want the best for me. Help me to keep my heart and mind focused on You so that I can walk in Your ways all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

02 Nov 2011 07:22 #383 by DrMike
Love That Gives

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”(John 3:16, NIV)

Have you ever thought about how love affects giving? I’ve heard it said that you can give without loving, but you can’t love without giving. Love prompts us to give of ourselves, our time, abilities and resources. The Bible tells us that God is love, and the world will know that we are His followers by the love we show — and giving is what shows our love!
We are entering into a time in the year that the world knows as the season of giving, but let’s remember to take time to focus on the greatest gift of all, the gift of eternal, abundant life through Jesus. If you’ve never received this gift, I invite you to open your heart and pray this simple prayer: “Lord Jesus, I come to You today, giving You all that I am. I repent of my sins and confess that I need You. I believe You died and rose for me. Be my Lord and Savior and make me new today. I receive Your love and Your gift of eternal life.” Then, go out and share the gift of love with someone else because it’s the only gift that will last in eternity!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for loving me and setting me free. I choose to serve You with my whole heart all the days of my life. Help me to love others the way You love me. Give me opportunities to be a blessing everywhere I go in Jesus’ name. Amen.

03 Nov 2011 04:43 #384 by DrMike
He Gives You All Things

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all — how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?” (Romans 8:32, NIV)

God loves you so much today — more than you could ever imagine! Not only did He send His Son, Jesus to pay the price for your sins so that He could have relationship with you, He also wants to lavish you with everything He has and everything He is.

When you join in covenant with Him through the precious blood of Jesus Christ, He makes all things available to you.

What does “all” mean? It means exactly that — all. Do you need peace? He is your peace. Do you need joy? He has supernatural joy which gives you strength. Do you need restoration in your life? He is your restorer. Do you need rest? He has it. Provision? It’s yours. Protection? That too! He is the single source of everything that you will ever need, and He will freely give it to you!

Maybe at times you’ve struggled to receive all that He has for you. Maybe you think that you don’t want to bother God, or you somehow think you don’t deserve what He has for you. Friend, those mindsets are not the truth. The truth is that you can’t earn a gift. He gives it freely. Imagine His arms outstretched to you right now. Receive His love, receive His grace, and receive all that He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, right now, I declare by faith that I receive all that You have for me. Thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus to die for me so that I can live with You. I declare that He is my Lord and Savior, and I receive all that You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

04 Nov 2011 04:35 #385 by DrMike
How Do You Honor God ?

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“REMIND PEOPLE to be submissive to [their] magistrates and authorities, to be obedient, to be prepared and willing to do any upright and honorable work.” (Titus 3:1, AMP)

What do you do to honor God? A lot of times people think, “I go to church to honor God. I read my Bible to honor God. I sing and clap in worship to honor God.” And yes, those are ways to honor God, but did you know that you honor God just as much when you get to work on time? You honor God when you are productive each day and honor the people in authority over you. You honor God when you excel in your career.

Actions speak louder than words. When you give your very best in the workplace, your whole life is giving praise to God. Showing up with a good attitude, being friendly, organized, just being your best — people will notice there’s something different about you. They’ll want what you have.

As believers, we should set the standard in all areas of life. People should see the depth of your character and your spirit of excellence and know that you are a child of the Most High God. Make the decision to honor Him in all that you do because You are His representative in the earth today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I choose to honor You in all that I do. I choose to set the standard and do my very best. Thank You for the privilege to be Your representative. Help me to show Your love and excellence in everything I do. I love You and bless You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

07 Nov 2011 04:45 #386 by DrMike
Who God Rewards

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him” (Hebrews 11:6, NIV)

When God is first place in your life, and you make pleasing Him your highest priority, then you can fully expect to live a blessed, fulfilled life! In today’s verse, notice who God rewards. It’s not people who half-heartedly seek Him. It doesn’t say “people who only think about Him when they’re having a problem;” or “people who will only come to church when something special is going on.” No, God rewards people who earnestly seek after Him. That means we are determined. We get up every morning and thank Him for His goodness. We go through the day meditating on His promises. We give Him praise in the good times and the tough times. We are constantly stretching, growing, learning and striving to know Him better.

Today, remember, when you diligently seek God, He promises that a reward is coming. He promises He will give you strength, wisdom, favor, good breaks, promotion, healing and restoration. When you seek Him with your whole heart, you will find Him, and you won’t be able to outrun His goodness and blessing!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I desire to please You in everything I do. I declare that You are good and faithful. I trust You with my whole heart and believe that You are a rewarder of those who diligently seek You. I bless You and honor You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

08 Nov 2011 04:06 #387 by DrMike
The Reward is Set in Place

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart” (Jeremiah 29:13, NIV)

Have you ever thought about the fact that a reward is put into place before anyone ever claims it? Right now, there are rewards for certain fugitives on the loose. That money is already in a fund just waiting for someone to step up and claim it. All a person has to do is find the fugitive, and the money will be released.

In the same way, God has a reward that has already been set in place for you and me, too. It’s just waiting to be released. But, there are conditions to that reward as well. God says, “If you will just seek Me, I will give you the reward. If you will just make an effort to please Me, if you will just get up in the morning and thank Me, if you will just read the scripture, I’ll pour out My blessing.” You may not understand it all, but God says, “That’s okay. I will give you the reward because your heart is in the right place, and you are making the effort.”

Today, there is nothing more important that seeking God in all your ways. When you go about your day, keep Him on your mind. Talk to Him and ask for His direction. Seek Him because you will find Him and find peace, abundance, joy and victory all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for ordering my steps and pouring out Your blessing on me. I choose to put You first place in everything I do. I honor You and thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in Jesus’ name. Amen.

09 Nov 2011 04:14 #388 by DrMike
A Vital Necessity

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Set your mind and heart to seek (inquire of and require as your vital necessity) the Lord your God...” (1 Chronicles 22:19 AMP)

What things do you consider a vital necessity in your life? In other words, what can’t you live without? Most people would immediately think of food, water and shelter; but in reality, we can’t really live unless our minds and hearts are set on seeking the Lord. Sure, you can exist without seeking Him, but you are called to more than just mere existence. You are called to live...to thrive...to enjoy your life abundantly! The good news is that you have complete control over what you set your mind and heart on. You decide what you think about.

I encourage you today; set your mind and heart on seeking the Lord! Write down your favorite scriptures and commit them to memory. Whenever you can, think about those verses. Meditate on God and His infinite love. Make a habit of seeking Him and ask Him to reveal Himself to you. When you require the Lord as a vital necessity, you will truly enjoy living the abundant life He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I choose to set my mind on You. I seek You with my whole heart. Show me Your love and character today. Show me Your ways that I may walk and live closely with You. I love You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

10 Nov 2011 05:10 #389 by DrMike
Get Filled Up !
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled” (Matthew 5:6, NIV)

Sometimes, it’s easy to get wrapped up in taking care of the people around us. You may find that you’re always giving, taking care of the children, working overtime at the office, or helping that friend who is struggling. And that’s all good. But if you’re not careful, you can end up feeling rundown. That’s why you have to take time every day to get filled back up. Your first priority should be taking care of yourself and making time to get into the presence of Jesus.

Throughout scripture, we see that in God’s presence there is fullness of joy, fullness of peace, and fullness of victory. In His presence, you’re refreshed and restored. That’s why it’s so important to take time every day to read your Bible and meditate on His promises. We have to be diligent to have that quiet time with Him.

Today, take time to get alone with God and just say, “God, I love You today. Thank You for my life, for my family, for the opportunities You’ve given me. Lord, I know every good thing comes from You.” When you live like that, with your heart connected to His, you’ll be refreshed, restored, reenergized and filled up for the journey of life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I love You so much today. Thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus so that I can have a personal relationship with You. Draw me to You. Keep me close to You always in Jesus’ name. Amen.

11 Nov 2011 03:50 #390 by DrMike
In All Your Ways

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths” (Proverbs 3:6, NKJ)

Do you need direction in your life? Ask yourself, “Am I acknowledging God in all my ways?” In other words, is He first place in your life? All throughout the day, we should be acknowledging God, asking for His help, seeking His wisdom, obeying His commands and thanking Him for His goodness.

In the morning, we should wake up and say, “Father, thank You for another beautiful day. I commit this day, my plans and my future into Your hands.” When you start the day like this, you are acknowledging God. He promises to crown your day with success. When you are driving on the freeway say, “Father, thank You for keeping me safe.” At the office say, “Lord, help me to be focused and productive today.” At home, “Father, bless my children.” Before you go to bed, “Lord, thank You for a good night’s rest.” When you’re acknowledging Him in all your ways, He promises to direct your paths. He promises to lead and guide you into paths of peace, joy and everlasting life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I acknowledge You in everything I do today. I invite You to direct my steps. I invite You to search my heart. I surrender every area of my life to You. Keep me close to You always in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds