Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

29 Sep 2011 05:01 #361 by DrMike
It Will Come Back to You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace and remain at rest” (Exodus 14:14, AMP)

In life, we’re always going to have critics. We’ll always have difficult people who try to upset us and steal our peace and joy. But, you don’t have to respond to every critic. You can decide to take the high road and let God fight your battles for you.

Sometimes, no matter what you say or do, there are people who aren’t going to accept you. They just don’t want to be at peace with you. In fact, when Jesus sent out His disciples to certain homes, He told them to always speak peace over those homes. And then He said, in effect, “If they don’t receive the peace that you’re offering, then it will come back to you.” That tells me, if you will do your best to be at peace with people, even if they won’t take your peace, the good news is that peace will just come back to you. You’ll not only get your peace, but you’ll get their share as well! That’s double for your trouble! When you do the right thing no matter what is happening, God sees it and rewards it. So choose peace today and walk in the blessing He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I choose to hold my peace. I choose to do the right thing even when the wrong thing is happening. I trust that You are fighting my battles for me. I give You all the honor and praise and choose to walk in peace today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Sep 2011 04:52 #362 by DrMike
It’s Not What it Looks Like
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...for when I am weak [in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful in divine strength)” (2 Corinthians 12:10, AMP)

No matter what weakness you think you may have, no matter what inadequacies or setbacks you’ve encountered, God wants to give you His divine strength. He wants to make up the difference and put you further ahead than you ever thought possible.

One time in the Old Testament, God simply multiplied the sound of four men’s footsteps and caused them to sound like a mighty army. When their enemies heard them, they took off running. There were thousands of enemy troops running for their lives, scared to death, thinking they were being attacked by a massive army when in fact, it was just four people! What happened? God made up the difference.

Friend, God can make you seem bigger than you really are. He can make you look more powerful. He knows how to multiply your influence, your strength, your talent and your income. Don’t just look at what you have in your hand; look at what Almighty God can do with it! You don’t have to figure it all out. All you have to do is put your trust in Him and let Him work because when you do, He will lead you and guide you into victory all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I commit every area of my life to You. I trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. Use me for Your glory as I put my faith and hope in You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

03 Oct 2011 05:23 #363 by DrMike
It’s All Still in There

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For God’s gifts and his call can never be withdrawn” (Romans 11:29, NLT)

Today, I want to remind you that you are full of incredible potential. When God created you, He deposited seeds of greatness inside of you. He’s given you your own dreams and desires. You have something to offer that no one else has. But too often, we allow adversities, disappointments and setbacks to push these things down, until one day, we find that we’re not pressing forward anymore. We’re not stretching; we’re not believing to rise any higher.

When adversity comes, it’s easy to think, “Why is this happening to me?” The answer is because the enemy knows what’s on the inside of you. He’s going to do everything he can to keep that seed from taking root. But, he will only be successful if you let him. He can’t stop you unless you quit.

During the difficult times, remember that the gifts and callings God has placed within you are still there. Don’t become stagnate in pursuing your dreams. It’s time to get your fire back! It’s time to press forward. It’s time to dig deep inside and take hold of the marvelous destiny God has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the gifts and dreams You’ve placed within me. Today, I release my cares and concerns to You. Give me the strength, wisdom and clarity to keep moving forward so I can boldly embrace the good things You have in store for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.

04 Oct 2011 05:14 #364 by DrMike
Stir Up Your Dreams

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you...” (2 Timothy 1:6, NKJ)

Do you need some freshness in your life today? You may simply need to stir up what God has placed on the inside of you. Stir up those gifts, stir up those dreams, stir up those talents inside. Start stretching yourself. You were created to be a dreamer and pursue the desires God has placed in your heart.

The scripture tells us that without vision, people perish. If you don’t have a dream or vision for your life, you’re not really going to reach your fullest potential. Maybe at one time you had a dream, but you went through some disappointments or setbacks. Things didn’t turn out the way you planned. But here’s a key: when one dream dies, dream another dream. Just because it didn’t work out the way you had it planned doesn’t mean that God doesn’t have another plan. You cannot allow one disappointment or even a series of disappointments to convince you that your dream is over. It’s time to dig in your heels and hold on to the promises in your heart. Stir up those God-given dreams today and watch Him pour out His favor and blessing upon you and fulfill every desire in your heart!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I come humbly to You. I give You my past, my disappointments, my brokenness. Fill me with Your hope and expectation and give me the dreams and desires that You have in store for my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

05 Oct 2011 04:32 #365 by DrMike
God-Given Dreams

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“A man’s mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure” (Proverbs 16:9, AMP)

Oftentimes as children, we have dreams for the future, dreams of being ball players and actresses, super heroes and firemen. But most of the time, they end up just being wishful thinking. As we get older, we grow out of them. It’s good to play and have dreams as children, but when we grow up, we have to know the difference between a God-given dream and a wish. I remember when I was a little boy, I dreamed of playing baseball for the Minnesota Twins. That was definitely a fantasy! Beyond our wishes though, we all have dreams placed inside of us by the Creator of the universe. In fact, the Latin word for “desire” means “from the Father.” One way to tell if a dream is really from God is that the desire won’t go away. You may have had it for years, but you still can’t let it go. In fact, you may have tried to let it go, but it won’t let go of you.

Today, I encourage you to search your heart and allow those God-given dreams to surface. He placed those desires inside of you for a purpose, and He’s going to use them to direct you into the destiny He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for the dreams and desires You’ve placed within me. I submit those dreams to You and ask that You direct my steps. Search my heart and make my thoughts agreeable to Your Word and to Your plan for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

05 Oct 2011 05:47 #366 by TPP
[center:38lihdsq]FIVE SIMPLE TRUTHS ABOUT HOW GOD VIEWS YOU:
1. You are acceptable.
2. You are valuable.
3. You are loved.
4. You are forgiven.
5. You are empowered to have a joyful life.
God sees you through His Grace!
[/center:38lihdsq]

06 Oct 2011 04:28 #367 by DrMike
Amen brother, amen!

06 Oct 2011 04:30 #368 by DrMike
Unhindered Prayers

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered”(1 Peter 3:7, NLT)

Did you know that the way you treat people has an impact on the effectiveness of your prayers? The Bible says that the prayer of the righteous person is powerful, but if we aren’t treating others with honor, kindness and respect, then we aren’t allowing His righteousness to operate in us. When we don’t treat others the way we should, it closes the door to God’s power and hinders our prayers.

This is especially true in a marriage relationship. Marriage isn’t just an agreement between two people to live life together. Marriage is a God-ordained institution that helps us understand love and unity. When two people are married, they become one physically, spiritually and emotionally. This particular passage is directed toward husbands, but it applies to all believers as well. We should always treat others “with understanding,” which means considering their needs above our own. We should always aim to treat others with kindness, dignity, and respect and quickly choose forgiveness.

Today, choose love. Choose to treat others with respect. Let righteousness flow through you and open the door for His power in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for another day to worship You and become more like You. I submit my heart, mind, will and emotions to You. I choose to treat others with love and respect which shows that I honor You. Have Your way in me and teach me to prayer effectively for Your glory, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

07 Oct 2011 04:29 #369 by DrMike
Keep Your Dreams Alive

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Where there is no vision, the people perish...” (Proverbs 29:18, KJV)

Throughout life, we will always have forces opposing us to try to keep us from becoming all God’s created us to be. And many times, the adversities and unfair situations are set up by the enemy to try to discourage us and deceive us into giving up on our dreams. Today, you may feel like you’re at an empty place in life. Not much is going your way. You’ve been through difficulties and setbacks. But I believe God wants to restore you. He wants to encourage you, and pour out His spirit upon you. He wants to do a new thing in and through you. It doesn’t matter what’s happened in your past, God has something new for your future. I always say, when one dream dies, dream another dream.

Today, remember, God has placed so much inside of you. You have gifts, talents and abilities that no one else has. You may have had more than your share of unfair things happen. But it’s not how you start, it’s how you finish that matters. It’s time to shake off the past and shake off that discouragement. Let faith arise in your heart and keep your dreams alive!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I know that You have chosen me for such a time as this. I may not understand everything that has happened in my past, but I choose to trust in You. I believe that You are working all things together for my good. Give me Your faith so that I can boldly pursue the dreams You have given me in Jesus’ name, Amen.

10 Oct 2011 05:14 #370 by DrMike
Getting Past the Past

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...One thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead” (Philippians 3:13, NIV)

In order to move forward in life, we have to “let go of the past.” But have you ever wondered exactly how to do that? First, understand that we take hold of things in our minds with our thoughts. Our thoughts become words and actions that determine the direction of our lives. It’s that simple. If you want to choose a new direction for your life, you have to choose new thoughts. If you want to let go of the past, you have to quit thinking about it, quit talking about it, and quit reliving every negative experience.
Oftentimes, when we see someone who has hurt us, that pain and offense is stirred up, and we start thinking about what happened again. But in that moment, you have a choice to make. One of the best things you can do, instead of rehearsing the hurt, is to pray for that person and speak blessing over them.

Remember, forgiveness is for you. Letting go of bitterness is for you. Don’t let the past hold you back from what God has in store for your future any longer. Get past the past by choosing right thoughts because God has victory and blessing in store for your future!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I humbly come to You today. I choose to let go of the past. I choose to release those who have hurt me so I can embrace the best that you have for me. Help me to forgive, help me to love, and help me to stay on the good path You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds