Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

14 Nov 2011 04:31 #391 by DrMike
Choosing Your Heavenly Heritage
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh" (Ezekiel 36:26, NIV)

In life, we all have negative things happen to us. We go through situations that are unfair. I know people who were raised in an unhealthy environment. Their parents had issues, and now it's making it much more difficult on them.

But here is what I've learned: when you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, He gives you a new heart. In other words, your blood line changes. No longer are you subject to your earthly heritage, you become subject to your heavenly heritage! His spiritual blessing always overrides the curse in the natural realm. When you understand who you are and what God has already done, then no matter what someone else has done, no matter how unfair it was, no matter how you were raised, you won't get bitter. You won't live with a chip on your shoulder. You realize that nothing can stop you from fulfilling your God-given destiny!

Today, remember you came from Almighty God. He gave you life. When you choose Him, you are choosing your heavenly heritage of blessing and eternal, abundant life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God in heaven, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus so that I may be saved. Today I surrender every area of my life to You. Have Your way in me; let Your will be done in my life. Thank You for making me new in Jesus' name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Nov 2011 04:25 #392 by DrMike
Your Heredity Can't Stop Your Destiny

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"…If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31, NIV)

I heard somebody say, "Don't let your heredity stop your destiny." Don't let the way somebody treated you, or what they did or didn't give you keep you from pressing forward and becoming all that God has created you to be. The people who raised you may have had addictions, but that doesn't have to be your future. You can be the one to break that negative cycle. Your parents may have had anger issues or never amounted to much, but you don't have to keep letting that curse be passed from generation to generation. You can be the one to say, "No more. This is a new day! I may have had an unfair past, but I'm not going to have an unfair future. I know that God put a blessing on me before anybody could put a curse, and I'm not going to let my heredity stop my destiny."

Today, know that God is for you. When you choose to put Him first place in your life, then nothing can stop your destiny! Seek Him with a humble heart and break free from the bondages of the past!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for empowering me by Your Holy Spirit. Thank You for giving me new life. I declare today that no weapon formed against me shall prosper as I daily put You first place in everything that I do in Jesus' name. Amen.

16 Nov 2011 05:24 #393 by DrMike
You Were Planned

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you…" (Jeremiah 1:5, NIV)

What an amazing thought: God knew you before you were even born! He saw your unformed substance and said, "I have a purpose for this life. I have good plans for them!" Then He breathed His life into you and sent you through your mother and father. They may have had issues, but that doesn't have to stop you from becoming all that God intended you to be. You have been handpicked by Almighty God to be here at this time in history!

Sometimes we hear parents say, "We weren't expecting this child. They were a surprise. They were an accident." No, that child may have been a surprise to you, but they weren't a surprise to Almighty God. No child can be born without God breathing His life into them. You may think, "Well, Joel, I was unwanted. I was an unplanned pregnancy." No, you wouldn't be here if God didn't give life to your seed.

In God's eyes, there is no such thing as being illegitimate. Remember, He knew you before you were ever born! Find confidence in His love knowing that you are a person of destiny, and you are part of His mighty plan!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for choosing me before I was ever born. Thank You for knowing me and revealing Yourself to me. I trust that You are working in my life today, even when I can't see it. I stand in faith knowing that You have a mighty plan for me in Jesus' name. Amen.

17 Nov 2011 05:13 #394 by DrMike
Calling Forth Seeds of Greatness

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"Blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him"
(Jeremiah 17:7, NIV)

Today, I want to declare words of blessing over you. I want to call forth your seeds of greatness. Someone may have told you what you can't become, but I'm here to tell you what you can become. As a believer in Jesus, all of the blessings in His Word belong to you! Receive it by faith today!

You are a person of destiny. You are equipped. You are talented. You are creative. You were designed for a purpose. You are loved, chosen and accepted by Almighty God. There is nothing you can do to make Him love you more and nothing you can do to make Him love you less. His grace is sufficient for you. His angels have charge over you. You are blessed coming in and blessed going out. You have uncommon wisdom. You have uncommon joy. You have uncommon peace. He is your vindicator, and He will fight for you! No weapon formed against you shall prosper as you serve Him all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for blessing me as I put my trust in You. Today, I set my heart and mind on You. I praise You for Your goodness and faithfulness. I receive Your blessing upon every area of my life in Jesus' name. Amen.

18 Nov 2011 04:25 #395 by DrMike
Faith in Action

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"No unbelief or distrust made him waver (doubtingly question) concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong and was empowered by faith as he gave praise and glory to God" (Romans 4:20 AMP)

Just as putting your physical body into action makes it grow strong, putting your faith in action through prayer and thanksgiving will cause your faith to grow strong, too.

I love what this verse says about Abraham: No unbelief made him waver regarding the promise of God. What does it mean to waver? To waver means to go back and forth. It's a very unsteady posture. Spiritual wavering is when we go back and forth in believing the promises of God. Wavering shows up in our words and actions.

Notice this verse didn't say that Abraham never had unbelief or doubtful thoughts. It tells us that he didn't let those thoughts cause him to waver in his words, actions and resolve. He took captive every thought and stood strong through His praise and worship! Remember, praise makes you stable; it makes you strong. Put your faith into action by thanking and praising Him all throughout the day!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I choose to bless Your name! I thank You for life. I thank You for breath. I thank You for provision, healing, strength and joy. I praise You for abundantly supplying all my needs so that I can be a blessing to others in Jesus' name. Amen.

21 Nov 2011 04:32 #396 by DrMike
This is the Will of God

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (1 Thessalonians 5:18, NIV)

So many people today wonder what God’s will is for their lives. Oftentimes, they look for big things like signs and supernatural events. But really, God’s will for us unfolds each and every day as we obey Him and serve Him with a thankful heart. When you wake up every morning with an attitude of praise and thanksgiving, you just took a step toward your destiny — you are walking in the will of God. When you go throughout your day thanking God that His hand of blessing is upon you, thanking Him for ordering your steps, thanking Him for a new day, you are taking another step in His will.

Today, remember to keep the right perspective. We should have goals and dreams and look forward to a bright future, but the way you live your life today is what’s going to get you to where you need to be tomorrow. Keep praising, keep believing and keep thanking Him because that’s what will keep you moving forward. Submit every area of your heart to Him and walk forward in His will for your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I come to You today with thanksgiving in my heart and a mouth full of praise! I bless You because You are worthy! Thank You for redeeming my life from the pit. Thank You for leading me in the way everlasting as I keep my heart and mind on You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

22 Nov 2011 04:52 #397 by DrMike
The Way to Enter

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name” (Psalm 100:4, NKJ)

What a wonderful privilege we have to enter boldly to His throne of grace. I’m so glad we serve a personal God who desires a relationship with you and me. I’m so glad we have access to Him 24 hours a day, seven days a week! But notice, today’s verse tells that we shouldn’t just come any old way to God. We shouldn’t come empty-handed to the King of kings and the Lord of lords. What do we have that’s worthy of Almighty God? Our praise. Our thanksgiving. Our worship. We are to enter His gates with an offering from our hearts of adoration because He is so worthy!

We have to understand, praise isn’t just about singing songs on Sunday mornings. Praise is the expression of gratefulness to Father God for Who He is and all that He has done. Praise gets God’s attention. Praise is a powerful tool in the life of the believer because God inhabits our praises! When we enter His presence the right way, He enters our circumstances; and when God shows up, the enemy must flee! Today, enter into His gates with thanksgiving and open the door for Him to move on your behalf!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, You alone are worthy of my praise! Today I declare that You are good, and Your mercy endures forever! Have Your way in my life by the power of Your precious Holy Spirit. I honor You today and submit every area of my life to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

23 Nov 2011 04:33 #398 by DrMike
Faith Says Thank You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever!” (1 Chronicles 16:34, AMP)

No matter what is going on in life, you can find a reason to thank God. What you dwell on is what you will draw into your life. You can either focus on your problems, or you can focus on your blessings. The question is: do you want more problems, or do you want more blessings?

One thing I’ve noticed is that when you live with an attitude of constant gratitude, not only do you thank God for what He’s done in your life, you start thanking Him for what He will do in your life. You thank Him for opening doors for you. You thank Him for increasing you. You thank Him for bringing the right people into your life. When you say “thank you” to God for the things that are coming, it’s really a declaration of your faith in Him. You are saying in essence, “God, I’m so sure of Your goodness, I’m so sure that You’re working in my life that I’m going to thank You right now for what You are going to do tomorrow!”

Friend, that’s the kind of faith that pleases God. When we trust in His goodness and believe that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him, that pleases His heart so much. So today, have an attitude of gratitude. Let your faith say thank you. Praise Him throughout the day with a humble heart and watch what He will do on your behalf!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for another day to praise You. Thank You for all You have done in my life. Help me see Your hand of blessing as I continually acknowledge and praise Your name in Jesus’ name. Amen.

23 Nov 2011 04:35 #399 by DrMike
Faith Says Thank You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever!” (1 Chronicles 16:34, AMP)

No matter what is going on in life, you can find a reason to thank God. What you dwell on is what you will draw into your life. You can either focus on your problems, or you can focus on your blessings. The question is: do you want more problems, or do you want more blessings?

One thing I’ve noticed is that when you live with an attitude of constant gratitude, not only do you thank God for what He’s done in your life, you start thanking Him for what He will do in your life. You thank Him for opening doors for you. You thank Him for increasing you. You thank Him for bringing the right people into your life. When you say “thank you” to God for the things that are coming, it’s really a declaration of your faith in Him. You are saying in essence, “God, I’m so sure of Your goodness, I’m so sure that You’re working in my life that I’m going to thank You right now for what You are going to do tomorrow!”

Friend, that’s the kind of faith that pleases God. When we trust in His goodness and believe that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him, that pleases His heart so much. So today, have an attitude of gratitude. Let your faith say thank you. Praise Him throughout the day with a humble heart and watch what He will do on your behalf!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for another day to praise You. Thank You for all You have done in my life. Help me see Your hand of blessing as I continually acknowledge and praise Your name in Jesus’ name. Amen.

24 Nov 2011 05:08 #400 by DrMike
Always Thank Him for Victory

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ...” (2 Corinthians 2:14, NKJ)

Isn’t it wonderful to know that God promises to always lead us into victory? That means no matter what you are facing today, no matter what’s going on in the world around you, no matter what anybody says, you should always be thanking God because victory is always on the way! You don’t have to wait for everything to be perfect before you decide to celebrate what God is going to do in your life. Praise is putting action behind your faith. In the middle of that adversity or tough time, start making a list of who you’re going to invite to your victory celebration. That means if you’re in the hospital, start planning what you’re going to do when you get out. If you lost some money when the stock market went down, start planning your coming-out-of-debt party. When things don’t look good in the natural, remember, we serve a supernatural God. With God leading you into victory, you can always plan for increase. You can plan for restoration. You can plan for a comeback, and you can plan for victory because He is leading and guiding you in Jesus’ name!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I give You thanks and praise today for the promise of victory. Give me Your vision for the future so that I can move confidently into the abundant life You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 1.115 seconds