Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

11 Jan 2012 04:07 #431 by DrMike
Speak to Your Mountains

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And Jesus answered them, Truly I say to you, if you have faith (a firm relying trust) and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, Be taken up and cast into the sea, it will be done” (Matthew 21:21, AMP)

Everyone has gone through seasons when the challenges of life feel overwhelming. During those times, it’s easy to be tempted to talk about how bad things are. Maybe you received a bad medical report, or maybe you’re facing a financial obstacle. But the more you talk about something, the bigger it becomes in your mind. Instead, you’ve got to dig your heels in and say, “No, I am not going to give life to that defeat. I am not going to speak sickness over myself. I’m not going to speak lack. I’m not going to speak fear. I’m choosing a different report. I believe the report of the Lord which says I am blessed. I am favored. I am prosperous. I am healthy. I am whole. I’m a victor, not a victim.”

Remember, even if you don’t see how things could ever work out, God does. Speak to those mountains in your life and declare God’s favor over those situations. Instead of talking to God about how big your problems are, talk to your problems about how big your God is! As you speak to your mountains, they will be moved, and you will move forward into the victory God has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Word which is life to my spirit. I receive Your strength today and choose to speak to the mountains so I can move forward in the victory You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jan 2012 04:26 #432 by DrMike
Say So

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom He has delivered from the hand of the adversary” (Psalm 107:2, AMP)

Notice that today’s scripture doesn’t say, “Let the redeemed of the Lord think so.” Or, “Let the redeemed believe so.” Of course, it’s important to think right and believe right, but something supernatural happens when we open our mouths and declare a thing. You don’t even have to say it to anyone else, you can just say it to yourself — driving to work or in the shower — you can say, “The economy may be low, but I am blessed. I am prosperous. I will lend and not borrow.” “I may have had some setbacks, but I know those setbacks are a setup for a comeback! This is still going to be my best year so far. The favor of God is turning things around.” You are prophesying your future.

Remember, when you say what the Lord has done for you, when you declare that you are redeemed, you are opening the door for God to move on your behalf. The scripture tells us that He watches over His Word to perform it. When you declare His Word, when you speak His promises, He is faithful to fulfill them and lead you into victory all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for delivering me and setting me free. I will declare Your goodness. I will declare Your promises. I will declare Your favor so that I can live the good life You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

13 Jan 2012 03:55 #433 by DrMike
I Am

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“God replied to Moses, ‘I Am Who I Am...’ ” (Exodus 3:14, NLT)

In the Bible, God has many names that describe His character and attributes. In the same way that someone named “Joe” might also be called “father” or “husband” or “the boss,” God has names that describe Him and His relationship to His people.

In the Old Testament, the Hebrew name for “God” was considered so holy that the people wouldn’t even say it. So, when God appeared to Moses in a burning bush and sent Him to lead the Israelites out of captivity, Moses asked God, “Who should I say sent me?” After all, He couldn’t breathe the name of God in public. God replied by saying, “Moses, my name is I Am.” In other words, “I am anything and everything you need. I am your joy. I am your peace. I am your strength. I am your victory. I am your way of escape. I am whatever you need.”

Today, God is saying the same thing to us! What is it that you need? The Great I Am, the Almighty God is ready to supply all your needs according to His riches in glory. Open your heart of faith to Him today and receive all the blessings He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I call on You — the Great I Am. I surrender myself to You — spirit, soul and body. I ask that You direct my steps and supply every one of my needs as I move forward in obedience to Your Word in Jesus’ name, Amen.

16 Jan 2012 03:56 #434 by DrMike
Are You a “Whoever?"

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16, NKJ)

When God sent His Son to earth, He opened the door of salvation to whoever would believe. That means anyone can become a child of His and have everlasting life! Isn’t it good that He didn’t just come to save certain kinds of people? Aren’t you glad He doesn’t have a bunch of rules and conditions for salvation?

Before Jesus came, people had to observe many laws in order to be holy enough to go into God’s temple. They were constantly performing sacrifices to pay for their sins just so they could be around the presence of God. Even then, their sins were only covered up. They were still there. But when Jesus came, He was the final sacrifice. His blood doesn’t just cover our sins; it washes them away! Now, instead of going to the temple to be near God, the Bible says we are the temple, and He chooses to live inside of us!

Today, thank God for His mercy and for extending the gift of salvation to whoever believes in Him. If you’ve never asked Jesus to be the Lord of your life, there’s no better way to start the New Year! Choose Him and choose life and start the year off right!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus into this earth so that I can be free. Thank You for opening the door to eternal life. I accept the sacrifice Jesus paid so that I can be free. Come into my heart. I confess that You are my Lord and Savior in Jesus’ name. Amen.

17 Jan 2012 04:17 #435 by DrMike
Don’t Confuse Your “Do” With Your “Who”

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well” (Psalm 139:14, NKJ)

Have you ever noticed that when you ask someone “Who are you?” a lot of times they’ll say, “I’m a salesman.” “I’m a minister.” “I’m a coach.” “I’m a teacher.” Many people find their identity in what they do. The problem with this kind of thinking is that people identify themselves with their negative habits and strongholds, too. I hear people say, “I’m an alcoholic; I just can’t beat it.” No, that’s not who you are, that’s what you do. But if you keep thinking that way and talking that way, it will become so ingrained on the inside that you’ll convince yourself that it’s true, and it will keep you from rising higher.

One time somebody told me, “I’m a drug dealer.” He was embarrassed by it. He didn’t want to live that way. I told him what I’m telling you, “That’s not who you are. If you’ve accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then who you are is a child of the Most High God. It’s time to start acting like it because you have a destiny to fulfill.”

As a believer, you are the righteousness of God in Christ! You are the head and not the tail! You are an overcomer! Today, embrace who you are in Christ and don’t ever let your performance change your identity.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for who You are and for who You’ve made me. I declare today that I am the righteousness of God in Christ. Help me to keep my identity in You and glorify You in all that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.

18 Jan 2012 03:58 #436 by DrMike
Bring Forth Fruit

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Bring forth fruit that is consistent with repentance [let your lives prove your change of heart]” (Matthew 3:8, AMP)

Something supernatural happens when you submit your mind and heart to the Lord. First, your heart changes; then your thoughts begin to change. Your actions begin to change. Your life begins to bring forth fruit, or it displays the character of God. The Bible tells us in Galatians that the fruit of God’s spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. These character traits are proof that God is at work in our lives. Do you have more love than you used to? Are you more at peace than you used to be? Are you more gentle? Self-controlled? That’s because God is at work in your life, and it brings Him pleasure when you act more like Him.

If you need to grow in any of these areas today, simply open your heart and ask Him to work in your life. He promises that He will complete the good work He’s started in you. Don’t give up! Keep praying, keep believing, keep repenting and submitting your life to Him. Put His Word as a priority in your life and you will continue to grow and bring forth His fruit and live in His abundant blessings in every area of life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for working in my life. Thank You for producing good fruit by Your spirit. I submit myself to You today and invite You to continue Your work in me. I bless You and honor You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

19 Jan 2012 03:59 #437 by DrMike
He Prepares Your Path

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I will go before you and make the crooked places straight...” (Isaiah 45:2, NKJ)

Are you going through a season where you feel like every time you try to move forward, you hit a roadblock? Something happens that throws you off course. Be encouraged today because when you submit your life to the Lord, He promises to go before you. He is preparing a way for you. He is making your crooked places straight and your rough places smooth. You may be going through a difficult time right now, but it’s not the end. It’s only the beginning, and God has equipped you for this journey.

Today, if you feel like you’re in a dry season, don’t look at your circumstances. Look at the promise of God! If you’ll keep speaking words of faith, God promises that He’ll anoint your head with oil and your cup will run over. That means you’ll be refreshed and anointed to do what He’s called you to do. God is preparing your path and equipping you for the journey.

What do you need in order to keep moving forward? Start by checking your attitude. Don’t go around complaining or focused on the negative side of things. Put on an attitude of praise and thanksgiving. Thank Him for making your crooked places straight! Keep your eyes on Him and follow Him forward into the path of victory!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Lord in heaven, thank You for Your goodness in my life. Thank you for preparing the path for my life and making my crooked places straight. Thank You for restoring my soul and life and guiding me in everything I do. I submit every area of my life to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

20 Jan 2012 04:12 #438 by DrMike
Take Your Life Back

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:5, NIV)

Everyone has days when they feel like life is out of control. Oftentimes, this happens when we allow our circumstances to dictate our thoughts and attitudes. You might say, “Well, the economy is wreaking havoc on my business,” or “This relationship is just too far gone.” But I say, today is the day to take your life back!

You take your life back by choosing to take your thoughts back. Even though we live in this natural realm, as believers, we are not limited by this natural realm. We can tap into God’s power by making every thought line up with the Word of God. We don’t have to let circumstances control us. Instead, meditate on His Word and let His truth set you free!

Today, as you take captive every thought and boldly declare His promises over your life, you are setting yourself up for victory. You are positioning yourself to partake of His blessing. You are taking your life back and positioning yourself to embrace the abundant life He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for empowering me to live in victory today. I choose to take my life back by taking captive every thought and submitting it to You. Help me live a life that is pleasing to You, Jesus, today and every day in Jesus’ name, Amen.

23 Jan 2012 10:16 #439 by DrMike
It’s All in Your Mind

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind...” (Romans 12:2, AMP)

Many people today don’t realize that the reason they’re not happy, the reason they’re not enjoying life is simply because they’ve trained their minds in the wrong direction. They’ve trained their minds to worry. They’ve trained their minds to complain. They’ve trained their minds to see the negative. But just as you can form these negative mindsets, you can retrain your mind according to the Word of God and form godly mindsets.

I believe one of the main keys to retraining your mind and developing a positive attitude is by learning to stay grateful. When you stay grateful, you are focusing on what’s right rather than what’s wrong. The seed of the Word takes root in the good ground of your heart. This doesn’t happen automatically, you have to discipline yourself. You have to make a conscious effort every single day until a good habit is formed.

Remember, when you live with an attitude of praise and thanksgiving, you are shielding yourself from the attacks of the enemy. The seeds of discouragement cannot take root in a grateful heart. Neither can bitterness, envy or strife. So today, retrain your mind and be empowered with His strength to overcome in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I surrender my thoughts and mind to You. Help me retrain my thoughts so that they are in line with Your Word. I choose to have an attitude of faith and expectancy and thank You for empowering me to live the life You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

24 Jan 2012 06:05 #440 by DrMike
Walk Through

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me...” (Psalm 23:4, NKJV)

Have you ever gone through something and felt like it was the valley of the shadow of death? During the tough times, it’s easy to get discouraged. But I love what it says in today’s verse, “though I walk through...”

No matter what you are facing today, know this: you are not alone, and you are just walking through. You don’t have to stop and live in the tough times! They are only temporary. I encourage you today; don’t allow fear to paralyze you in the middle of “the valley of the shadow of death.” Remember, God is with you. He is walking beside you. He is strengthening you. He is making a way of escape for you. He is lining up people and situations to bring you out of that tough place into a place of strength and victory.

Today, don’t give up! Press on and walk through! Start to get a vision of your life on the other side. See yourself more loving, more faithful, stronger and more blessed than ever before. As you keep moving forward and walking through, you will get to the other side and walk in the victory God has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Thank You for walking with me even in the hard times. I trust that You are taking me through my circumstances to a place of victory and strength in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds