Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

07 Mar 2012 05:27 #471 by DrMike
Fully Loaded and Totally Equipped

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well” (Psalm 139:14, NIV)

Did you know that when you compare yourself to others or wish you were like someone else, it’s like saying He just didn’t do a good job? It’s actually saying, “God, why did You make me subpar? Why did You make me less than?” Realize today, God didn’t make anyone inferior. He didn’t make any person second class. No, you are a masterpiece! You are fully loaded and totally equipped for the race that’s been designed for you!

Today, let your attitude be, “I may not look like someone else or have the job that someone else has. That’s okay. Nobody will ever be a better me. I’m anointed to be me. I’m equipped to be me!” Remember, it’s easy to do what you are equipped to do. Don’t fall into the trap of trying to be like someone else. Accept who God made you to be and embrace the good things He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for making me. Thank You for equipping me to fulfill my destiny. Today I choose to focus on what You’ve placed in my hand knowing that as I am faithful to You, You will direct my steps. I bless You and praise You for who You are in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Mar 2012 04:30 #472 by DrMike
Living a Satisfied Life

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation” (Psalm 91:16, NKJV)

One key to staying passionate about life is to simply stay productive. You have to have a reason to get out of bed every morning. You have to keep your goals out in front of you. You may retire from the job, but don’t ever retire from life. You have to choose to keep your mind active, keep growing, keep learning and keep helping others. You have to find a way to stay productive. When you stop producing, you stop growing and thriving.

God promises that if we’ll keep Him first place, He will give us a long, satisfied life. You may say, “How long is a long life?” Until you’re satisfied. If you quit producing at fifty and you’re satisfied, then the promise is fulfilled. I don’t know about you, but I’ve got too much in me to stop right now. I’m not satisfied. I’ve got dreams that haven’t come to pass. I’ve got messages I haven’t given. I’ve got a family to enjoy. I’ve got grandchildren I haven’t seen yet.

Today, get a vision for your future. Get a vision for staying productive. Expect to be fulfilled, expect to live a satisfied life, and expect to embrace all the good things God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for the promise to live a full, satisfied life. Today, I choose to press forward. I choose to shake off mediocrity and disappointments from the past so that I can take hold of every good thing You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

09 Mar 2012 04:16 #473 by DrMike
Live All of Your Days

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The fear of the Lord leads to life, and he who has it will abide in satisfaction; he will not be visited with evil” (Proverbs 19:23, NKJV)

One thing I’ve noticed is that so many people are walking around who aren’t really living to the full the way God intends. Do you ever notice that many people quit living around fifty, but yet they are going to stay on the planet until after they’re eighty? Maybe they went through a disappointment or had a failure. Someone hurt them, and now they’ve lost their joy and settled where they are. No, God has another victory in store! You wouldn’t be breathing unless God had something amazing in your future. It’s time to get your passion back and be determined to really live out all of your God-given days!

The scripture says that God wants to bring you to a flourishing finish, not a fizzled-out finish. Don’t let disappointment or self-pity hold you back. God has promised that what was meant for your harm He will turn around and use for your good. Not only will He bring you out, but He will bring you out better off than you were before. Receive it by faith today and press forward into the abundant, fulfilled life He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for the promise of living a long, satisfied life. I choose to stay in the game and press forward to fulfill my destiny. I won’t shrink back, give up or lose heart, but I will stand strong in You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

12 Mar 2012 04:07 #474 by DrMike
Unprecedented Favor

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And [so that you can know and understand] what is the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His power in and for us who believe...” (Ephesians 1:19, AMP)

Every one of us can say that, in our lives, God has been good to us. We’ve all seen God’s favor at work. He has protected us, promoted us and opened doors for us. That’s God’s favor. But I believe that in the coming days, God wants to show us unprecedented favor — that’s favor like we haven’t seen before.

In today’s verse, Paul said that in the “ages to come” we would see “the immeasurable, unlimited, surpassing greatness of God’s favor.” What’s interesting is that Paul wrote this passage ages ago. I believe that we are now living in the “ages to come” that Paul was talking about. I believe you and I are going to see this unprecedented favor!

The word “unprecedented” means “unmatched, unparalleled, for the first time.” In other words, you may have seen God’s favor in the past, but you need to get ready. You haven’t seen anything yet. What God has in your future is going to be bigger, better, greater — unprecedented! He is going to show you His goodness in ways you’ve never seen before. Keep standing, keep praying, keep putting Him first and watch His unprecedented favor come on every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for this day and age I’m living in. I believe that You created me for such a time as this. By faith, I receive Your unprecedented favor as I serve You with my whole heart in Jesus’ name. Amen.

13 Mar 2012 04:06 #475 by DrMike
Undeserved, Unearned, Unexplainable

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Whoever finds me finds life, and obtains favor from the LORD” (Proverbs 8:35, NKJV)

God loves you and He is for you! He is for your good; He is for your success; He is for your future. He desires for you to have every blessing and every promise declared in His Word. This is what the Bible calls His favor. At some point in our lives, even if we didn’t recognize it, we have all experienced God’s favor. It is simply His undeserved, unearned, unexplainable goodness in your life. God’s favor causes you to reap where you haven’t sown. His favor protects you, promotes you and opens new doors. His favor takes you places you could never go on your own.

Today, I declare over your life that in the coming days and weeks ahead, God is going to unleash His unprecedented favor on you — favor like you’ve never seen before! The key is to stay connected to Him, stay in fellowship with Him through prayer, worship and reading His Word. Let Him direct your steps and mold and shape your character. As you pour yourself out to Him, He will pour out Himself on you! He’ll pour out His grace, mercy and supernatural, undeserved, unearned, unexplainable favor on every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your goodness and favor in my life. I trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I trust that Your plans are to prosper me and give me a future and a hope. I set my mind and heart on You this day and expect to see Your goodness in Jesus’ name. Amen.

14 Mar 2012 04:13 #476 by DrMike
It’s Yours

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God” (Ephesians 2:8, NKJV)

If I stopped by your house and brought you a beautifully wrapped gift and set it in your living room, that gift would be yours. It’s in your home; I gave it to you. There’s nothing you could do to make it “more” yours or “less” yours. Now, you could see that present and be so excited. You could call your friends and tell them about it. You could even write me a thank you note; however, you really can’t enjoy the gift until you open it. It wouldn’t do you any good until you put it to use. In other words, you have to receive that gift before it affects your life.

Friend, it’s the same way with spiritual gifts. God has a package of grace, favor, mercy, forgiveness, blessing, joy, peace and so much more available to you. But you have to receive it by faith in order for it to affect your life. You can’t earn it. You can’t pay for it. You simply have to receive it by faith.

Today, if you’ve never received the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ, that’s the first gift to receive. Click here for more information. Then once you become a child of His, you can partake of His glorious inheritance. You can receive every spiritual gift and blessing He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I bless You today. Thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I receive, by faith, every gift You have for me. Open the eyes of my heart that I may see all the good things You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

15 Mar 2012 04:00 #477 by DrMike
Always on His Mind

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!” (Psalm 139:17, NIV)

Have you ever had difficulty receiving from God because you thought, “God has better things on His mind,” or “This isn’t that important to Him”? It may be tempting to let your mind wander in that direction, but the truth is that nothing is more important to God than you are! Every detail of your life matters to Him. Scripture tells us that He even counts the very hairs on your head. He bottles your tears and holds them as precious. You are important to Him, and nothing that concerns you is too big or too small for God!

Today, if you’ve had those discouraging thoughts come to mind, replace them by declaring the truth of God’s Word. Declare, “God’s thoughts are precious toward me. I am always on God’s mind. He loves me and I matter to Him.” As you begin to replace the negative thoughts with the truth, your life will begin to change. You will see a transformation in your thinking. You’ll feel His love like you never have before; you will know Him in ways you’ve never known Him before, and you’ll experience His goodness and grace all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, how awesome You are! How great is Your love! Help me to receive Your love so that I may know You more. Thank You for perfecting everything that concerns me as I daily cast my cares on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

16 Mar 2012 03:56 #478 by DrMike
Direction and Protection

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless” (Psalm 84:11, NIV)

God has many ways of pouring out His favor and goodness on our lives. Scripture says that He is your sun and shield. What does the sun do for us? It lights our way, keeps us warm, and nourishes the plants of the earth so that we can have food. Think about that for a moment. The earth is sustained by its relationship to the sun, and God wants to sustain you through your relationship with Him. He wants to give you direction and be your shield of protection against all the fiery darts of the enemy.

In the natural, it’s easy to fall into the trap of relying on the things of this world to direct and protect us. But when we put our trust and hope in our heavenly Father, not only does it enrich our relationship with Him, it opens the door to the supernatural realm. It opens the door to supernatural favor, wisdom, divine connections, new ideas and so much more. When you trust in Him, He shines His light on your path and leads you forward into the blessing and victory He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I open my heart and mind to You. I choose to put my trust in You and receive Your blessing of direction and protection. Show me Your ways that I may walk with You today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen.

16 Mar 2012 04:28 #479 by TPP
About raedy to go check-in, & go under the knife, I'd appreciate prayers, good thoughts, & good Vibes (did I cover them all?).
Later
TPP

16 Mar 2012 17:47 #480 by DrMike
Will be praying for you brother, let me know if youy need anything...

Time to create page: 0.715 seconds