Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

30 Mar 2012 04:05 #491 by DrMike
Constantly Speak

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak his praises” (Psalm 34:1, NLT)

When you wake up in the morning, do you expect the goodness of God in your life? Do you set the tone of the day for success, favor and blessing with your words? Scripture tells us that life and death are in the power of the tongue. That’s why it’s so important to declare praises to God all throughout the day. Things may be bad all around you, people may be negative, complaining and discouraged, but don’t let that spirit rub off on you. The worse it gets, the brighter you’re going to shine. The good news is that no matter how you feel, no matter what’s going on around you, you can choose your words. There’s nothing that can stop you from constantly speaking His Word!

Today I encourage you, be determined to set the tone for your day, week, month and year by praising God and speaking words of faith over your future. Remember, when you put God first, He promises to honor you. He will pour out His favor on you and lead you into life, health, strength and blessing all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I choose to bless You at all times. I choose to set the tone to receive Your favor, grace and mercy. Thank You for Your faithfulness at all times in Jesus’ name. Amen!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Apr 2012 04:31 #492 by DrMike
It is Finished

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns" (Philippians 1:6, NLT)

The last thing Jesus said on the cross was, "It is finished." At that moment, it certainly looked like the end. It looked like it was over. But I believe that wasn't just a statement of fact, it was a statement of faith. He was saying to Father God, "I've done My part. I've fulfilled My destiny. Now, I've got total trust and confidence in You that You are going to finish what You started through Me." Even though it looked like the end, in reality, it was only the beginning.

Remember, when things look dark in your own life, dare to make a declaration of faith and say, "It is finished." What you're really saying is, "God, I know You are going to finish what You've begun in my life. You are going to turn things around.

I know that You are giving me the breaks that I need. Let Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven!" Keep looking with your eyes of faith knowing that He is faithful, and He will finish what He's started in you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. I thank You that You will complete what You've started in my life. Today I choose to put my trust and hope in You knowing that You are working behind the scenes to bring victory to every area of my life in Jesus' name. Amen!

04 Apr 2012 04:06 #493 by DrMike
Victory over All

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 8:11, AMP)

This coming weekend, we will celebrate the resurrection of our precious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. So much happened at Calvary's cross over two thousand years ago; but ultimately, because of Jesus, we can celebrate victory! Jesus overcame sin and death so that we can have abundant life. Because of Jesus, we have total victory over anything that would try to hold us back in this life!

No matter what stronghold, sin, addiction or bondage has held you captive in the past, today you can be free. When you receive Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, you receive His power. Sin can't hold you back any longer because when the Son sets you free, you are free indeed! (See John 8:36.) It all starts by believing and receiving this promise and then building faith by hearing the Word of God.

Today, if you don't know Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, there's no better time to get on the road to victory! Receive Him, receive the truth, and let it transform every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me victory! Thank You for Your Word which is life and healing water to my soul. I choose to set my heart and thoughts on You, knowing that You are empowering me to overcome in every area of my life in Jesus' name. Amen!

05 Apr 2012 03:35 #494 by DrMike
On the Third Day

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures" (1 Corinthians 15:3-4, NIV)

As we celebrate the resurrection of Christ, I think about when they crucified Jesus. On that Friday, it was the darkest, most painful, discouraging day of His life. In fact, it was so bad that He sweat drops of blood. It looked as if His enemies had gotten the best of Him. But God had other plans. They put Him in the grave on Friday, celebrating their victory, but Sunday morning it was a different story. The grave could not hold Him! Death couldn't contain Him! The forces of darkness couldn't stop Him! On the third day, He came out of the grave and said, "I was dead, but now I am alive forevermore!"

One principle that the resurrection teaches us is that God will always finish what He started. No matter how dark it looks, no matter how long it's been, no matter how many people are trying to push you down; if you will stay in faith, God will always take you from Friday to Sunday. He will always complete what He started in you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for completing what You started in my life. I trust that no matter how dark things may seem, You are my shining light of hope. I thank You for working behind the scenes to carry me through to the place of victory in every area of my life in Jesus' name. Amen.

06 Apr 2012 03:58 #495 by DrMike
Resurrection Power at Work

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"He is risen from the dead, just as he said would happen" (Matthew 28:6, NIV)

We have a reason to celebrate every day because we serve a God who is alive and filled with resurrection power! Not only did He resurrect Jesus from the dead, but He wants to extend His resurrection power to every area of your life, today!

Maybe you have a dream to get out of debt, pay off your house or be free from that burden of lack, but it looks like it's impossible in the natural. Business is slow. The economy is down. You've gone as far as your education allows. But God is saying, "I'm not limited by those things. I've got resurrection power. I can give you one break that will thrust you to a new level. I can open up doors that no man can shut. I can bring talent out of you that you didn't know you had. I can cause people, for no reason, to go out of their way to want to be good to you."

Your part is to keep believing today, knowing that He wants to bring you into supernatural increase. Remember, He is risen, He is alive, and He is faithful to His Word. Trust Him today and let His resurrection power work in your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your resurrection power at work in my life. Today, I give You my broken dreams, disappointments, failures and setbacks, trusting that You will breathe Your life into me. I trust that You have a good plan for my future, and You are leading me into total victory in Jesus' name. Amen!

09 Apr 2012 03:55 #496 by DrMike
He is a Rewarder

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him” (Hebrews 11:6, NIV)

Do you see God as a rewarder today? Notice this verse doesn’t say that God rewards those who “deserve” it or have “earned” it. It doesn’t say that God rewards those who act perfectly and never make mistakes. No, God’s blessing isn’t based on our performance, it’s based on our faith — our belief in Him and His goodness. In fact, one verse says that He longs to be good to those who are looking for His goodness!

I encourage you today to spend some time meditating on His goodness and dwelling on His faithfulness. Look for Him and expect Him to act. Spend some time reading the Psalms and begin to praise and thank Him for all He is doing. Open your eyes of faith and see all of the wonderful things He has prepared for you. Let His Word shape your thoughts, and remember He is a rewarder! He wants to bless you today because you earnestly seek after Him!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your Word which fills my heart and mind with faith. I believe that You are good and that You are a rewarder. I choose to put my trust in You knowing that You have blessings in store for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.

10 Apr 2012 04:17 #497 by DrMike
It Has a Great Reward

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward” (Hebrews 10:35, NASB)

Have you been praying and believing for something that seems like it’s taking a lot longer than you anticipated? Many times, people can miss God’s best simply because they give up before they see their “due season” come. Don’t let that be you! Be encouraged today; your answer is closer than you think! If it seems like things are getting more difficult, remember, when the intensity heats up, that means you are closer to your victory. It always seems darkest just before the dawn arrives.

Remember, you serve a faithful God, and He’s working behind the scenes on your behalf. Don’t cast away your confidence today because your reward is coming. Just like a new mother forgets about her labor pain when she is finally holding her newborn, you’ll forget about your struggle when you are holding on to your promise.

While you are waiting, keep an attitude of faith and expectancy. Wake up every morning and say out loud, “I’ve come too far to give up now. My due season is coming. I will reap my harvest.” Stay in faith and look for His hand of blessing because He has promised you victory, and your reward is coming!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I stand believing that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. Give me Your strength to continue believing until I see Your promises fulfilled in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

11 Apr 2012 03:40 #498 by DrMike
The Reward of Diligence

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied” (Proverbs 13:4, RSV)

God longs to pour out His favor and blessing on you. He has rewards, victory and promotion for you, but these things don’t happen automatically. You have to do your part. You have to be diligent. First of all, you have to be diligent to seek His ways and follow His commands. Then you also have to be diligent with what you have in your hand — your time, abilities and resources. In Matthew, Jesus tells a parable about three men whose employer entrusted them with some money. Two of the men were diligent and invested the money and received a great return. The third man was afraid and buried what he was given. The first two men were rewarded and praised for their diligence while the third man was basically fired.

Today, follow the example of the first two men and look for ways to be diligent with what you have in your hand. Whatever you do, do it with excellence! Be the best you can be. Go the extra mile even when you think it goes unnoticed because God notices and promises to richly supply the soul of the diligent!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your favor and blessing on my life. Today I choose to be diligent. I choose to live in excellence and do everything to the best of my ability. I give You all the glory and thank You for Your faithfulness in Jesus’ name. Amen.

12 Apr 2012 03:57 #499 by DrMike
Keep Seeking

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you” (Matthew 7:7, NLT)

Is there something you are believing God for today? Does it seem like it’s taking a long time to come to pass? Be encouraged because the Bible says that through faith and patience you will inherit His promises! If you’ll stay in faith, if you’ll keep on seeking Him, it won’t be long until you see that breakthrough!

The problem is that most people give up just before they get their miracle. They stop when things get hard or when they don’t get the answer they want the first time. But today’s verse encourages us to continually ask and continually seek. That doesn’t mean that we seek Him one time and then stop. No, we seek Him until we have the promise!

Today, submit your prayers to the Lord and keep an attitude of faith and expectancy. Keep asking. Keep seeking. Keep knocking on the door, and it will be opened to you. Know that God is working behind the scenes. He perfecting whatever concerns you. Don’t give up! Instead, start thanking Him for His faithfulness in your life. Thank Him for His promise that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek after Him!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for giving me a diligent spirit. Thank You for Your faithfulness. Give me strength to stand and seek You until I see Your promises fulfilled in every area of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen.

13 Apr 2012 03:56 #500 by DrMike
Get Ready for the “New”

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the new wine will burst the skins, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined” (Luke 5:37, NIV)

Are you ready for a new chapter in your life? In order to move forward into the blessings God has for you, you have to be willing to let go of the old. The things that are behind you are not nearly as important as what is out in front of you. It’s time to get ready for the “new”!

You may have had some unfair things happen, things that you don’t understand. But let me tell you, you have come too far to stop now. Instead of allowing those things to hold you back, why don’t you let go and take a step of faith into the new? It’s time to get a new, bigger vision; it’s time to get a new, fresher outlook; it’s time to rise up with a new attitude! Instead of settling where you are, pick up and move forward. Have the attitude that says, “I may not understand it; it may not have been fair, but I am not getting stuck on this page. I know God has a new chapter for me — a chapter filled with blessings, favor and victory!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Today, I choose to trust You with my past, present and future. Give me wisdom to discern the seasons of my life and teach me to embrace the new things You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 1.195 seconds