Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

14 May 2012 03:52 #521 by DrMike
Lacking Nothing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing” (James 1:3–4, NKJV)

God wants you to be perfect and complete, living in His abundance and lacking nothing on this earth. That may seem like a stretch from where you are today. It may seem far off; but in an instant, things can turn around. God has set up a system of blessing for you, and it starts with His Word. The Bible says that God has given each of us a measure of faith. We all have faith, and it’s up to us to develop it. Romans 10:17 says that faith grows as we read and study His Word. Faith, in turn, produces patience, and when we allow patience to have its perfect work in us, we will lack no good thing.

Today, no matter where you are in the process, the key is to keep moving forward by reading and hearing His Word. His Word is alive. His Word will heal your heart and restore your soul. His Word will produce patience in your life so that you can move forward, being complete and lacking nothing all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your Word which lights my path and directs my way. I choose to put You first place. I choose to meditate on Your Word, knowing that You are leading me in Your paths of life in Jesus’ name. Amen!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 May 2012 03:52 #522 by DrMike
Nothing Can Hold You Back

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree...” (Psalm 92:12, NKJ)

Have you ever seen a palm tree in the midst of a great storm? That tree may be bent so far over that it’s almost touching the ground, but when the wind finally stops, that palm tree bounces right back up. What’s interesting is that while that palm tree is hunched over under the pressure of the storm, it is actually growing stronger?

The reason God said we’d flourish like a palm tree is because He knew there would be difficult times. He knew things would come against us to try to steal our joy and victory. God said, “You’re going to be like a palm tree because when the storms of life blow, you are going to come right back up stronger than before.” Nothing can hold you back! No weapon formed against you will prosper.

As you reflect on the events over the last year, remember, the storms you have encountered have only made you stronger. You are wiser, you are more alive, and you are headed for victory. You’re brightest days are right out in front of you! Always remember that with God on your side, nothing can hold you back!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for making me strong in You. I trust that You are working in my life, even in the midst of the storms. I know You will bring me out stronger, wiser and better off than ever before in Jesus’ name. Amen.

16 May 2012 03:44 #523 by DrMike
Easy and Light

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For My yoke is easy and My burden is light” (Matthew 11:30, NKJV)

God doesn’t want you to go through life constantly struggling, always burdened down, or always fighting against something. Yes, we know that trials and tribulations will come in this life. There may be seasons that are more difficult than others; but, we can’t just settle where we are and accept that it’s always going to be this way. Just like God led the Israelites into the Promised Land, He wants to lead you to a good land with no shortage and no lack. He wants to cause you to remain in His provision and blessing.

The key is that when difficulty comes, instead of focusing on where you are, instead of dwelling on how things won’t work, turn your focus toward Him. Lift up your eyes to heaven. Cast your cares on the Lord. Don’t let the heaviness of the world drag you down. Put your faith and hope in Him knowing that He has good things in store for your future. Keep praying, keep believing and keep trusting because His yoke is easy, His burden is light, and He’s leading you into your promised land!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Today, I choose to cast my cares on You, I choose to release the weight of my burdens to You. Thank You for setting me free and aligning me to walk in victory in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen!

17 May 2012 03:55 #524 by DrMike
Switch Over

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines...yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation” (Habakkuk 3:17–18, NKJV)

We all face challenges and obstacles in this life. We all have dreams in our hearts, and at times, it looks like they’re not going to come to pass. During these difficult seasons, we have a choice. We can get negative and discouraged and talk about how things are not going to work out, or we can switch over into praise and thanksgiving which opens the door for God to move on our behalf.

A lot of times people think, “I’ll have a good attitude as soon as I get over this health issue.” “I’ll give God praise when I get through these tough times.” But that’s not how faith works. As long as we’re negative, discouraged and focused on our problems, it limits what God can do. You’ve got to give God praise first, and then the breakthrough will come. You’ve got to change your focus first, and then things will change in your favor. Praise always precedes the victory.

Today, if you’ve been dwelling on the wrong things and focusing in the wrong direction, switch over into praise and thanksgiving. Begin to declare that God is good. Declare that He is faithful. Declare His praises and open the door to victory in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I humbly come before You, lifting You up and magnifying Your holy name. Thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I bless You and honor You for Your goodness in Jesus’ name. Amen!

18 May 2012 04:17 #525 by DrMike
What is Taking Root?

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“He answered, He Who sows the good seed is the Son of Man” (Matthew 13:37, AMP)

God is constantly trying to plant new seeds of victory on the inside of you. He’s trying to increase you. He’s trying to enlarge your vision. He wants to take you to new levels of victory. But before you see a harvest, the seed has to take root. You have to conceive it before you are going to receive it. In other words, before you’re ever going to be successful, you’ve got to see yourself successful. Before you’re ever going to have your dreams come to pass, you’ve got to look out through your eyes of faith and see them coming to pass. That’s how you allow the seed to take root.

Today, I encourage you to examine your thought life. What are you allowing to take root? Are God’s seeds of victory and life growing in your heart and mind, or are you nurturing seeds of defeat and despair? The good news is that you can change your thoughts right now, this very moment. Begin to dwell on God’s promises and His goodness. Let His good seeds take root in your mind and heart. It won’t be long before you’ll see that harvest of blessing come forth in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I surrender every area of mind, will and emotions to You. I choose to dwell on Your goodness and faithfulness so that the good seeds You’ve planted in my life will take root. Keep me close to You and direct my steps down the good path You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

21 May 2012 03:53 #526 by DrMike
A Flourishing Finish

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus” (Philippians 1:6, NIV)

Everyone goes through seasons of disappointment or difficulty. We all have unexpected setbacks. Maybe you’re going through something right now that you don’t understand. Here’s the good news: that disappointment is not the final chapter. God never ends in a negative. If you will keep moving forward with your life, God promises that He will bring you to a flourishing finish. Not a defeated finish, a bankrupt finish, a betrayed finish, or a barely-get-by finish. No, in your future, God has a victorious finish.

That setback, disappointment or betrayal that seems like it’s working against you, God knows how to turn it around and cause it to work for you. The key is that when you’re in difficult times, don’t settle where you are. Don’t put your roots down and think that things are never going to change. No, for every setback, God has already lined up a comeback. For every injustice, He has vindication. For every disappointment, He has restoration. Right now, just begin to thank Him for what He’s going to do. Praise Him for His faithfulness. Rejoice today because He has a plan to bring you into a flourishing finish!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I choose to cast my cares on You. I choose to trust even when I don’t understand. I choose to believe that You have a good plan and will bring me to a flourishing finish in Jesus’ name! Amen.

22 May 2012 03:39 #527 by DrMike
It’s No Surprise to Him

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“But thanks be to God, Who in Christ always leads us in triumph...” (2 Corinthians 2:14, AMP)

In life, we all have to deal with the unexpected. Just because we’re believers, just because we’re good people or doing the right thing doesn’t make us exempt from trouble. The scripture says, “The rain falls on the just and the unjust.” When something unexpected happens or you find yourself facing a crisis, don’t automatically go into “panic mode” or just fall apart emotionally. Realize that the crisis is no surprise to God. It may be unexpected to you, but God knows the end from the beginning. He has solutions to problems that you haven’t even had yet. He has equipped you for every battle, and He goes before you to make your crooked places straight!

Today, instead of focusing on your problem, focus on your God. Focus on the fact that He is with you. Remember that He is walking with you, leading and guiding you to a place of peace and victory. No matter what has happened, He will take what the enemy meant for evil and turn it around for your good. He always leads us in victory. So keep moving forward knowing that He has a good plan for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I come to You with an open and humble heart. I thank You for the victory that You have in store for me even when I can’t see it. I choose to trust You and Your goodness, knowing that You are faithful in Jesus’ name. Amen.

23 May 2012 03:47 #528 by DrMike
He Knows How It Ends

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done...” (Isaiah 46:10, NKJV)

Sometimes I will record a football game and watch it when I get home later. Most times, I already know how the game ends. I’ve talked to friends or watched the news. I know my team wins. While I’m watching, I don’t get discouraged if my team falls behind. I don’t get uptight if it’s halftime and we still haven’t scored. I’m totally at peace. Why? I already know the outcome. The truth is that the further behind we fall, the more excited I am because that means a big comeback is on its way. I can’t wait to see what’s going to happen.

As believers, God has promised us victory. You may go through disappointments. At times, it seems like you’re far behind. But you’ve got to remind yourself, “God holds my future in the palm of His hand. He already knows the outcome. God never ends in defeat!” I’m going to come out of this better and stronger than ever before! Remember, He knows how it ends, and it ends in peace, joy and victory in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, how awesome You are! Thank You for declaring victory over my life. I choose to trust Your Word, even when I don’t understand. I trust that You are good and that my end shall be in victory in Jesus’ name! Amen.

24 May 2012 03:32 #529 by DrMike
It is Well with You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Tell the righteous it will be well with them, for they will enjoy the fruit of their deeds” (Isaiah 3:10, NIV)

No matter what’s happening in your life, God wants you to know that it is well with you today! Now you may say, “it is not well in my finances. I’m struggling. I’m in debt.” That’s okay. It’s not the end. God is still working. Jehovah-Jireh, the Lord your Provider, has breakthroughs coming your way. If all is not well in your health, don’t get discouraged. It’s not the end. God has healing and restoration coming your way. If all is not well in your family or in a relationship, don’t write a child or spouse off. They may be on the wrong course, but it’s not the end. In the end, God promises all will be well.

Remember, our God does not end in defeat. He didn’t say, “Most of the time, I will cause you to triumph.” No, He said, “I will always cause you to triumph.” You may go through difficulties, through unfair situations or through betrayals, but the point is that you are going through. You’re not staying there! It’s not permanent. Defeat is not your normal state. If all is not well in your life that simply means you haven’t made it to your new destination. Stay in faith, keep declaring His Word and keep moving forward because it is well with you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your Word which is life and health to my soul. I trust that You are working behind the scenes for my good. I will hide Your Word in my heart, knowing that it will be well with me because You are good and faithful in Jesus’ name. Amen.

25 May 2012 03:53 #530 by DrMike
He’s Working on Your Behalf

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28, NIV)

No matter what you may be facing, no matter what trial you may be going through, God has a plan to turn things around in your favor. He is working behind the scenes, and He is working for your good!

Are you a believer in Jesus? Do you love Him? Then you are called according to His purposes. Right now, He is orchestrating the right people to come across your path. Right now, He is orchestrating the right opportunities to open up to you. Right now, He is arranging things in your favor. You may not see it in the natural, but look with your eyes of faith today. Show your love for the Father by obeying His Word. Come before Him with an open and humble heart and trust that He is guiding you. Keep standing. Keep believing. Keep hoping. Keep declaring His Word and meditating on His goodness, knowing that He rewards the people who seek after Him!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Thank You for working all things together for my good. Give me Your strength and peace today and fill me with Your faith which overcomes the world in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.845 seconds