Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

17 Jul 2012 03:43 #561 by DrMike
Keep Good Company

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not be deceived: ‘Evil company corrupts good habits’ ” (1 Corinthians 15:33, NKJV)

Sometimes, in order to embrace the destiny God has in store, you have to be willing to make some changes in your life. You have to be willing to examine where you are and what you need to move forward. This may mean that you need to change some friends that you’re spending time with. Maybe they were fine for a season in your life, but now you’ve outgrown them. This is a new season, and in order for you to rise higher, you have to break away from relationships that are limiting you. You have to develop some new relationships with people who are going to pull you up and inspire you to rise higher.

And this doesn’t just mean separating yourself from people who are holding you back spiritually. I’ve found that if you’re the smartest one in your group, your group is too small. Find people who are smarter than you are, people who will challenge you to stretch to the next level and become everything God’s created you to be. Remember, he who walks with the wise becomes wise. Choose your friends wisely and don’t be deceived. Choose your friends wisely so you can walk and live in the destiny God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your grace and mercy. Thank You for the good plan You have for my life. Help me choose my friends and companions wisely so that I can continue to move forward in the destiny You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jul 2012 03:50 #562 by DrMike
Receive Power

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me...” (Acts 1:8, NKJV)

God wants to empower you. He wants to strengthen you and equip you to rise higher in every area of your life. He wants to see you become all that He has created you to be and walk in victory each and every day.

Scripture tells us that when Jesus left the earth, He told the disciples that He was sending a comforter. He was talking about the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is not only our comforter, He’s our counselor, teacher and stand by. He searches our hearts and helps us understand scripture.

Today, if you desire to be filled with God’s power, invite the Holy Spirit of God to do a work in you. When you read the Bible, pray and ask the Holy Spirit to speak to your heart and reveal God’s plan to you. As you invite the Holy Spirit to operate in your life, as today’s scripture says, you’ll receive God’s power! You will be strengthened and equipped for everything God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the Holy Spirit who is my helper in this life. I choose to open my heart to Your Word to receive power so that I can walk and live in the victory You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

19 Jul 2012 03:42 #563 by DrMike
The Secret Things

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The secret things belong unto the Lord our God...” (Deuteronomy 29:29, AMP)

Are you going through a situation in your life that you don’t quite understand? During these uncertain seasons, it’s natural to question things in your mind. But in order to move forward, we have to look forward with our hearts. We have to look beyond the questions and continue to trust in Almighty God.

Serving God means we’re going to have some unanswered questions. You may never understand why a relationship ended sooner than you would have liked. You may never understand why you lost a loved one. You may never understand why you went through something difficult or why your prayers didn’t get answered. But at some point, you have to decide to put your questions aside and go on with God. We have to decide to trust His character even when our circumstances don’t make sense. The Bible tells us that adversity will come, but God is the one who promises to lead us into victory. He has promised that He’s going to turn that difficulty around and use it for your advantage. He is faithful to His Word, and you can be sure that He will fulfill every promise He’s made to you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I choose to trust You with my unanswered questions. I choose to release any doubt and confusion to You. Help me to focus on Your Word which is truth that sets me free. Thank You for Your goodness and for the blessings You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

20 Jul 2012 04:31 #564 by DrMike
Free from Shame

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Let my heart be sound (sincere and wholehearted and blameless) in Your statutes, that I may not be put to shame” (Psalm 119:80 AMP)

Did you know the Word of God will protect you from shame and embarrassment? God’s laws, or statutes, were established for your good. God sent His Word to guide and protect you. When you follow His commands, you can be sure that you are making clear, sound choices. You can have confidence knowing that you are making the very best decisions.

When negative, accusing thoughts come, you have to know that those are not from God. They are from the enemy. In fact, the Bible calls him the “accuser of the brethren.” That means he’s trying to make you feel guilty, shameful and condemned. He’s trying to make you second guess yourself. But remember, the enemy is already defeated! Because of what Jesus did on the cross, you are free from shame! The enemy has no legal power over you unless you open a spiritual door to him. Keep the doors closed by submitting yourself to God and His Word. Ask the Lord to give you a whole and blameless heart to follow His commands. As you do, you will walk in His protection and guidance and live free from shame today and all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your Word which guides and protects me. Thank You for giving me the ability to make right choices according to Your Word. Give me a sincere and blameless heart that I may serve You all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

23 Jul 2012 04:39 #565 by DrMike
Praying Bold Prayers

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Then he touched their eyes and said, ‘According to your faith will it be done to you’ ” (Matthew 9:29, NIV)

A recent study showed that 90% of people believe in the power of prayer. People typically pray over their food, their kids, or they ask God for wisdom, strength and health. But oftentimes, people pray what I call “get by” prayers. They pray, “God, help me get by this year. God, help me endure this sickness. God, keep my child out of trouble.” There’s nothing wrong with that, but don’t limit what God can do. If you ask small, you’re going to receive small. But when you learn the Word, your faith grows, your confidence grows, and you’ll learn to pray bold prayers that honor God!

Instead of praying, “God, help me pay my bills,” pray, “God, help me pay my bills and have plenty left over so I can be a blessing to someone else.” Instead of praying, “God, keep my child out of trouble,” pray, “God, let my child become a leader and fulfill his destiny.” Instead of praying, “God, help me endure this sickness,” pray a bold prayer, “Father, I want to thank You that I’m coming through this sickness better off than I was before!” As you continue studying His Word, your faith will grow. You will know Him more, and you’ll be empowered by your union with Him to pray bold prayers and see those prayers come to pass!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I open my mind and heart to You. I receive Your Word which directs my steps and builds my faith. Help me to hear Your voice clearly so that I can pray bold prayers in line with Your will in Jesus’ name. Amen.

24 Jul 2012 03:47 #566 by DrMike
Make the Lord Your Trust

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Blessed is that man who makes the LORD his trust...” (Psalm 40:4, NKJV)

Did you know that trusting in the Lord is a decision we make just like we choose anything else in life? You chose what you are wearing today, you probably chose what you would have for breakfast, and you can choose to trust God every day, too! When you choose to trust God, there is peace that settles in your heart. There is joy because you know the outcome, and there is blessing in store for you because your hope is sure.

No matter what you are facing in life today, trust that Almighty God will come through for you. Trust that His Word is always true. In Psalm 32, David calls God his “hiding place.” In other words, when you place your trust in God, you can find refuge in Him. You are actually hidden from the enemy when you choose to trust.

Always remember, when circumstances seem overwhelming, don’t look at what’s happening around you; look to God. He is the author and finisher of your faith. Choose to trust that He is the one who is ordering your steps. Find security in knowing that He is making your crooked places straight and your rough places smooth. Trust in Him and live in the blessing and everlasting life He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I choose to put my trust in You. I know You are a good and faithful God, and I trust that You have my best interest at heart. Help me stay focused on Your goodness today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

25 Jul 2012 04:20 #567 by DrMike
Believe and Receive

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours” (Mark 11:24, NIV)

Has God spoken things to your heart that haven’t come to pass yet? Anytime you step out to believe God, the enemy will try to distract and discourage you in order to get you off course. But when you receive that promise by faith, when you hold it in your heart, when you picture it in your mind and declare it with your words, you begin to feel more confident. You feel empowered and settled in your heart. You begin to have joy and peace because you know God is working behind the scenes on your behalf.

I encourage you today, grab hold of the promises of God and don’t let go! Can you see it in your mind’s eye? Can you see yourself healed? Can you see yourself paying off that last debt? Can you see yourself at your ideal weight? Can you see yourself sharing the gospel with a family member or coworker? Ask the Lord to give you a vision for your future. Open your heart and allow His thoughts to become your thoughts. Receive His promises by faith, and just like it says in today’s verse — whatever you ask for in prayer will be yours!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for another day to serve You. Thank You for the gift of faith. I ask that You search my heart and mind and remove anything that does not please You. Give me Your thoughts of peace and joy today so that I can learn to receive all You have for me today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

26 Jul 2012 04:29 #568 by DrMike
Something Out of Nothing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The earth was formless and empty...and God said, ‘Let there be light’ ” (Genesis 1:2–3, NIV)

Are you believing God for something today that seems impossible? We serve a great and mighty God, and He can create something out of nothing! He can make a way where there seems to be no way! He can create whatever is needed in your life.

Genesis tells us that in the beginning, God created the heavens and earth. But before He spoke the world into existence, it was formless and empty. If God can make the world out of nothing, He can take the empty places in your life and create something beautiful, too! He can speak light into your darkest hour. He can take your formless dreams and give them shape. He can resurrect your dormant gifts and talents! He can make your crooked places straight!

Remember, you are created in the image of Almighty God. There’s power in your words and power when you’re in agreement with Him. Only say what God says about your situation. Speak life to your broken dreams today. Stay in an attitude of faith and expectancy, and as you do, God will take you places that you’ve never dreamed. He’ll make something beautiful out of every broken place in your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I trust that You are willing and able to make a way where there seems to be no way in my life. Fill me with Your peace and faith and give me a vision for all You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

27 Jul 2012 04:10 #569 by DrMike
The God of Comfort

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you...” (Isaiah 66:13, NIV)

Oftentimes, when people face challenges, they seek comfort by surrounding themselves with things that are familiar. It may be work, a sport or hobby; it may be relationships; or of course, we all know about comfort food. But those things are only temporary, and they can only bring temporary comfort. True, lasting comfort is available, and it’s only found in a personal relationship with God, the Father through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

According to Webster’s dictionary, comfort means to give strength and hope; to ease grief or trouble. No matter what difficulty you may be facing today, God wants to bring you comfort. Like a mother cares for her child, He longs to give you strength, hope and confidence. Make the decision to put Him first in every area of your life. Let go of those things you know are holding you back. Let Him be Lord over all! As you surrender to His grace, you will be filled with His peace and joy. You’ll be empowered to overcome every obstacle, and you will live in victory all the days of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I come to You today and invite You to fill my whole being. Give me Your lasting comfort and strength. Empower me by Your Holy Spirit to live in the victory You have established for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

30 Jul 2012 03:48 #570 by DrMike
Peace, Be Still

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, ‘Peace, be still!’ And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.” (Mark 4:39, NKJV)

What do you do when the storms of life seem to be raging against you? One time Jesus was with His disciples in a boat out on the water when they encountered a great storm. The disciples were very afraid but Jesus, on the other hand, was fast asleep. When the disciples woke Him up to see if He could help them, Jesus got up and simply spoke to the storm, “Peace! Be still.” And the seas were calm again.

When difficult times come, you don’t have to be overwhelmed by the waves of worry or fear. Just as Jesus stood up and spoke to the storm, you have power in your words, too. As a believer, the Bible tells us that the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in you. That means God’s miracle-working power is on the inside of you. He’s given you His authority to declare peace over your home, over your mind, and over your family. Remember, no matter what storms may come against you, the Greater One lives on the inside of you, and He’ll empower you to live in victory in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for filling me with Your Holy Spirit and for giving me Your authority here on earth. Today I declare peace over every area of my life and thank You for working things out for my good in Jesus’ name.

Time to create page: 1.085 seconds