Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

28 Aug 2012 04:52 #591 by DrMike
Let God Be God

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him...” (Psalm 37:7, NKJV)

Are you struggling with trying to make a dream come to pass? Are you frustrated in a relationship, trying to make someone else change or live right? You may mean well, you may have good goals, but if you are trying to orchestrate things to happen your way, on your timetable, you are only going to frustrate yourself. At some point, you have to turn those circumstances over to God and trust that He has your best interest at heart.

How do you turn things over to God? Start by making the choice and declaring your resolve. Simply say, “Father, I choose to let You be God of this situation. I take my hands off. I trust You.” Then, choose to worship Him. Worship is one of the best ways to set your heart and mind in the right place. You can’t worry and worship at the same time! Worship is a sign that you are trusting God; worry is a sign that you are trying to control things.

Today, take the pressure off yourself and turn things over to God. Give Him control and let Him take your setbacks and turn them into comebacks. Remember, the God who holds the universe holds you in the palm of His hand. Trust Him and let God be God in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to release every care and concern into Your loving hands. I refuse to worry and choose to trust. Fill me with Your peace. Show me Your ways as I surrender every area of my heart and life to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Aug 2012 04:25 #592 by DrMike
Free From People Pleasing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting the LORD means safety.” (Proverbs 29:25, NLT)

In life, there will always be people who try to squeeze you into their mold; people who try to pressure you into being who they want you to be. They may be good people. They may mean well. But the problem is that they aren’t your creator. They didn’t breathe life into you. They didn’t equip you, empower you or anoint you; Almighty God did! If you’re going to be all that God created you to be, you can’t focus on what everybody else thinks. If you change with every criticism, trying to win the favor of others, then you’ll go through life being manipulated and letting people squeeze you into their box. You have to realize that you can’t keep every person happy. You can’t make everyone like you. You’ll never win over all of your critics.

Instead of trying to please people, when you get up in the morning, ask the Lord to search your heart. Ask Him if your ways are pleasing to Him. Stay focused on your goals. If people don’t understand you, that’s okay. If you lose some friends because you wouldn’t let them control you, they weren’t true friends anyway. You don’t need other’s approval; you only need Almighty God’s approval. Keep your heart and mind submitted to Him and be free from people pleasing!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, I come humbly to You today. I invite You to search my heart and mind. Let my ways be pleasing to You. Let my thoughts be Your thoughts. Thank You for setting me free from people pleasing in Jesus’ name. Amen.

30 Aug 2012 03:46 #593 by DrMike
No Regrets

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.” (Galatians 1:10, NIV)

I read a report from a nurse who takes care of people who are close to death. She asked hundreds of patients in the last twelve weeks of their life what their biggest regret was. The number one regret reported was, “I wish I had been true to who I was and not just lived to meet the expectations of others.”

How many people today are not being true to who God created them to be simply because they are afraid they’re going to disappoint somebody? They’re afraid they may fall out of someone else’s good grace. They worry about not being accepted into a certain group. I say this respectfully, but you cannot live trying to be who your parents want you to be, or who your boss wants you to be, or who your friends want you to be. You’ve got to stay true to who God has called you to be.

Today, make the decision to live life with no regrets. Surrender yourself wholeheartedly to who God created you to be. Let Him mold and shape your character. Let Him order your steps. As you submit your ways to Him, He will shine down on you, and you will live the fulfilled, abundant life He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for loving me and accepting me just the way I am. It is my heart’s desire to know You and to be known by You. Help me to live the life You’ve called me to and be faithful to You always in Jesus’ name. Amen.

31 Aug 2012 03:51 #594 by DrMike
When All Is Said And Done

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment.” (Hebrews 9:27, NKJV)

So many people live life worried about what everyone else thinks and wondering how they can impress other people. But we have to realize that when we come to the end of life, we’re not going to stand before people to give an account of our lives, we are going to stand before Almighty God. He is not going to say, “Why didn’t you do what so-and-so said to do? Why didn’t you fit into their mold? Why didn’t you take their opinion?” No, He is going to ask, “Did you become who I created you to be? Did you stay true to what I put in your heart?”

This is where Saul missed it. Saul had a big destiny. God had great things in his future, but Saul was so insecure that he let people squeeze him into their mold. He was afraid he was going to disappoint somebody. He said in First Samuel 15:24, “I disobeyed the Lord’s instructions because I was afraid of the people, so I did what they asked.” Notice Saul knew what to do. He even admitted it, “I disobeyed God’s instructions.” Why? He was a people pleaser. He forfeited his destiny in order to please people. Friend, don’t let that be you! Don’t be a people pleaser, be a God pleaser because pleasing God is all that matters when all is said and done!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I set my heart and mind on pleasing You. Help me to break away from the snare of people pleasing. Help me to stand strong against criticism and learn to walk in love always. Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to You always in Jesus’ name. Amen.

04 Sep 2012 04:28 #595 by DrMike
Run Your Race

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it.” (1 Corinthians 9:24, NKJV)

So many people today spend valuable time and energy trying to make everyone around them happy. They want to be approved, accepted and affirmed. There’s nothing wrong with that, but you can’t let the opinions of others become your focus or distract you from what God has called you to.

In the natural, when a professional runner races, you don’t see them looking around at the other runners, wondering how they are doing. No, they have their mind focused on one thing: the finish line. They don’t waste valuable energy comparing themselves or wondering what’s going on around them. Instead, they focus on winning the prize. This is how we should be in life — focused on winning the prize of the victor’s crown in life.

My challenge to you today is: run your race. Don’t let people squeeze you into their mold. Remember, you don’t have to try to play up to people. You don’t have to worry about what everyone else thinks. As long as you’re being true to what God has put in your heart, don’t look to the left or to the right. Stay focused on your goals. Run your race to win and honor God in everything that you do!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today and every day I set my focus on you. I declare that I will not look to the left or to the right, but I will fix my eyes on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of my faith. Give me wisdom and grace as I dedicate every area of my life to You in Jesus’ name! Amen.

05 Sep 2012 03:55 #596 by DrMike
Greatness in the Midst of Criticism

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.” (Matthew 5:44, NKJV)

If you’re going to do anything great in life, if you’re going to be a great businessperson, a great teacher, a great parent or a great leader, not everyone is going to cheer you on. I’d love to tell you that your family, friends and co-workers will celebrate you, but that’s not the case. Some people simply can’t handle your success. As you grow and increase, as God pours out His favor, somebody will get jealous. Somebody will start finding fault. Don’t be surprised if a relative tries to belittle or discredit you. If you focus on making everyone around you happy, you’ll start changing and lose sight of what God has placed in your heart.

Friend, your destiny is too great to be distracted by people who are never going to affirm you. Don’t take it personally. It’s not about you. It’s their problem. Shake it off, run your race, be great anyway.

Greatness in the midst of criticism begins with forgiveness. Don’t hold a grudge. Bless those who curse you; pray for those who spitefully use you. As you keep doing what is right, God will honor you. He’ll promote you, and you’ll see the dreams and desires that He placed in your heart come to pass!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I come to You today with an open and humble heart. I choose to forgive those who have criticized me. I choose to bless those who have hurt me. I choose to be great because You have equipped and empowered me to rise higher in this life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

06 Sep 2012 03:28 #597 by DrMike
Growing Your Faith

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (Romans 10:17, NKJV)

Do you desire to have more faith? Scripture tells us that faith can grow and increase. Notice that today’s scripture doesn’t say, “Faith comes by having heard the Word of God one time.” It says that faith comes by hearing — in the present tense. We have to hear the Word of God over and over again in order for it to take root in our hearts and transform our minds. Sure, God’s Word can transform us in an instant, but most of the time, our faith grows as we hear the Word of God again and again.

Just as a seed needs water daily to grow, your spirit needs the Word of God daily. The more you hear God’s Word, the more you know Him. The more you know Him, the more you will be able to believe Him — and that’s what faith is!

Today, why don’t you choose a few scriptures to meditate on? Write them down and carry them in your purse or wallet. Let that truth sink down into your soul. Let the truth of the Word transform you and move you forward into the abundant life God has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for Your Word that is living and active and growing in my life. I submit myself to You today and ask You to teach me Your ways. Give me insight into Your Word so that I may know You more in Jesus’ name. Amen.

07 Sep 2012 03:48 #598 by DrMike
Line up Your Heart

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.” (Psalm 86:11, NIV)

When the Lord looks at your heart, what does He see?

Everyone has an outer life and an inner life. The outer life is our public life that people can see. The inner life is made up of your thoughts, attitudes and motives. Only you and God know what’s going on inside. Too many people go around today pretending — acting one way, yet on the inside, they’re thinking something totally different. Their heart and their actions don’t line up.

We have to understand that God looks at the inside. We can fool a lot of people, but we can’t fool God. God would rather us be open and honest than for us to go through life pretending or wearing masks. Today, take inventory of what’s going on inside of you. Are you at peace? Are you overlooking offenses? Do you believe the best in people? Are your heart and actions lining up? If not, submit your ways to the Lord today and ask Him to give you an undivided heart. Live a life pleasing to Him and walk in His blessing all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Dear Father, I humbly come before You today and ask that You search the deep places of my heart. Show me if there is any area where I need to line up my heart and actions. Help me to be authentic in You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

10 Sep 2012 04:02 #599 by DrMike
You are Equipped

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Every Scripture is God-breathed...so that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16–17, AMP)

God has equipped you with everything you need to fulfill your destiny through His Word. That means you are well able to do what He has called you to do. You can accomplish your goals. You can fulfill your dreams! You have the ideas, the creativity, and talent to be successful. You can overcome any obstacle. You’ve been armed with strength for every battle.

Not only has God equipped you, but He is also working on your behalf. He has already gone before you and lined up the right people and the right opportunities. You have everything you need to live a victorious life — you were created to excel!

You may not have seen it in the past, but if you’ll stay in faith, it’s just a matter of time; victory is on its way. Don’t settle where you are. Don’t have a weak, defeated mentality. Have the attitude, “I am anointed. I can accomplish my dreams. I can overcome any obstacle. I am empowered by the Creator of the universe, and I am thoroughly equipped for every good work that God has called me to!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for equipping me. Thank You for empowering me. Help me to stay focused on Your Word and Your plan for me today. Help me to walk in Your anointing so that I can do all You’ve called me to do. I bless You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

11 Sep 2012 04:09 #600 by DrMike
Pursue Loyalty

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“He who pursues righteousness and loyalty finds life...” (Proverbs 21:21, NASB)

Have you ever noticed that righteousness and loyalty go together? In other words, if we’re not being loyal — to our family, friends, country, job — then we aren’t going to experience God’s best. Loyal people are honorable people. When you’re loyal, you stick with someone through thick and thin. When you’re loyal, you keep your word to people — even if you get a “better” offer.

Loyal people are respectful of their country and leaders. Loyal people honor their parents and defend their family. When you’re loyal, you are a person of integrity. You build trust with others. Is this an area where you can rise higher? Are you faithful in the things you’re committed to? Can you be more loyal? Don’t let the distractions of everyday life keep you from being dedicated. Look for ways to show honor to those around you. Is there something you need to set aside for the sake of a loved one? Show love by staying loyal. As scripture promises, when you pursue loyalty and righteousness, you will find the abundant life God has planned for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for the promise of life in Your Word. Show me any area where I can rise up higher by pursuing loyalty. Help me, by Your Spirit, to be more faithful and supportive to those around me. Let Your light shine through me as I pursue righteousness and loyalty today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.761 seconds