Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

06 Nov 2012 04:47 #631 by DrMike
Yes and Amen

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.” (2 Corinthians 1:20, NKJV)

Have you thought about the fact that God has already said “yes” to His promises in your life? You don’t have to beg God to be good to you. You don’t have to plead with Him to help you. God wants to help you. He wants to pour out His abundant blessing on your life.

Scripture says His promises are “yes and amen.” Amen means “so be it.” In other words, it’s a done deal. All you have to do is make sure you are living up to your end of the bargain. See, God’s love is unconditional, but we have to obey His commands in order to see His promises come to pass. For example, Malachi 3:10 says that we have to bring our tithe to Him in order to see the windows of heaven open. It says in Deuteronomy 5 that we are to honor our parents in order to live a long life.

The good news is that when we surrender our hearts to Him, He empowers us to fulfill every one of His commands. He equips us for every good work because He wants to see us live a blessed life. That’s why His promises are “yes” and “amen”!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I believe that You have a good plan to pour out Your blessing and favor on me. Give me strength to obey Your commands and honor You all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Nov 2012 05:57 #632 by DrMike
Remember Your Victories

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph...” (2 Corinthians 2:14, NKJV)

When you think about your past, what events do you remember? What memories do you allow to play over and over in your mind? In the Old Testament, they had what they called memorial stones. These were used to remind the people about the good things God did in their lives — their victories.

Today, we need to remind ourselves to focus on our victories, too. Sure, we’ve all had setbacks, but when you focus on your disappointments and failures, it only drains you of valuable energy. It steals your confidence and joy. But when you focus on your victories, it builds your strength and confidence. It feeds your faith. It gives you a reason to give God praise.

I encourage you today to get into the habit of focusing on your victories. Remember, every good and perfect gift comes from Him. As you praise and thank Him for His favor and victory in your life, He’ll pour out His blessing on you. He’ll open up supernatural doors for you to move forward in strength to fulfill the dreams and desires He has placed in your heart!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I choose to focus on my victories and let go of any negative experiences in my past. I bless and praise You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

08 Nov 2012 03:55 #633 by DrMike
In All Circumstances

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” (1 Thessalonians 5:18, NIV)

Are you giving thanks in every circumstance? This might seem like a stretch at first, especially when you are going through a season of difficulty. But notice today’s verse doesn’t say to give thanks “for” everything, it says give thanks “in” everything. In other words, no matter what’s going on, find something to be thankful for. Don’t just focus on what’s wrong in your life; focus on what God will do in your life.

When you are thankful, it opens the door for God to move on your behalf. That’s why it says “this is God’s will for you.” He wants you to be close to Him to receive His strength and power by giving thanks. That’s why we should always have the attitude that says, “God, in spite of what’s happened, I choose to be grateful. I may be sick, but Father, thank You for being my healer. Thank you for giving me great friends and family.” Or, “I may be struggling in my marriage, but God, thank You for being my restorer. Thank You for giving me another sunrise.” As you give thanks in everything, you will see God’s hand move mightily on your behalf, and you’ll come out of that difficulty better, stronger and wiser than before.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I choose to give You thanks in all things! I know that You are a good God, and You have good plans in store for my future. I bless You and thank You for another day to sing Your praise in Jesus’ name! Amen.

09 Nov 2012 03:58 #634 by DrMike
The Gift

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.” (Proverbs 27:1, ESV)

Do you see every day as a blessed gift from God? Many times when we hear this, we may be tempted to brush it off and say, “Yeah, yeah, I know. Every day is special.” But truly it is! God ordained this day before the foundation of the earth. He has already ordered blessings for you. He has already orchestrated the right opportunities for you. He has already made the right connections for you. On top of that, the air you breathe, the food you eat, and the sunshine on your face are all part of the great blessing that God gives us daily.

Remember, we’re not promised tomorrow, so why waste a single moment living life defeated and depressed? Our attitude should not be, “I have to take care of the kids,” or “I have to mow the lawn today.” It should be, “I get to take care of the kids God has blessed me with,” or “I get to go out and mow the lawn today. That’s part of the house that God has provided.” See every opportunity as a gift. Count your blessings and watch Him multiply them exceedingly all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for giving me this wonderful day. Thank You for every blessing You have prepared. Strengthen me with Your joy and fill me with Your peace as I keep my mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

12 Nov 2012 04:03 #635 by DrMike
Closer Than You Think

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward.” (Hebrews 10:35, NKJV)

Have you been praying and believing for something that seems like it’s taking a lot longer than you thought? Many times, people can miss God’s best simply because they give up before they see their “due season” come. Don’t let that be you! Be encouraged today, your answer is closer than you think. If it seems like things are getting more difficult, remember, when the intensity heats up, that means you are closer to your victory. It always seems darkest just before the dawn arrives.

We serve a faithful God, and He’s working behind the scenes on your behalf. Don’t cast away your confidence today because your reward is coming. And just like a new mother forgets about her labor pain once she is finally holding her newborn, you’ll forget about your struggle when you are holding on to your promise. While you are waiting, keep an attitude of faith and expectancy. Wake up every morning and say out loud, “I’ve come too far to give up now. My due season is coming. I will reap my harvest.” Stay in faith and look for His hand of blessing because He has promised you victory, and it’s closer than you think!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I stand believing that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. Give me Your strength to stand in faith until I see every promise fulfilled in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

13 Nov 2012 03:57 #636 by DrMike
Keep Asking

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.” (Matthew 7:7, NLT)

Sometimes, people get discouraged in life because things didn’t turn out the way they hoped on the first try. Maybe they put energy into a relationship but it didn’t work out. They tried that new business venture, but they are still struggling with their finances. Now they think it’s never going to happen. But, one thing we have to learn is that God honors perseverance. On the way to your “yes” you may encounter some “no’s.” You may encounter some closed doors, but that doesn’t mean it’s the final answer. It just means “keep going.”

Remember, if God promised it, He’s going to bring it to pass. Scripture tells us that through faith and patience we inherit God’s promises. This is where patience comes in; this is where perseverance comes in. This is where trust comes in. Just because you don’t see things happen right away doesn’t mean you should quit. No, instead, rise up and press forward. Keep believing, keep hoping, keep enduring and keep asking because our God is always faithful to His word!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. I choose today to believe Your Word. I choose to trust Your promises. I choose to keep standing, keep believing and keep asking because I will receive in Jesus’ name! Amen!

14 Nov 2012 03:48 #637 by DrMike
Look Again

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“ ‘Go and look toward the sea,’ he told his servant. And he went up and looked. ‘There is nothing there,’ he said. Seven times Elijah said, ‘Go back.’ The seventh time the servant reported, ‘A cloud as small as a man’s hand is rising from the sea...” (1 Kings 18:43–44, NIV)

The Bible says that after the prophet Elijah prayed and asked God to end the drought, he said to the people, “I can hear the sound of an abundance of rain.”

He was saying in effect, “There is a yes from God in our future!”

Elijah told his assistant to go look on the other side of the mountain to see if there was any sign of rain. When the assistant came back, he said, “No, Elijah. There’s not a cloud in the sky. It’s perfectly clear.” Elijah didn’t get discouraged and think, “What are we going to do now? I might as well quit this prophet business.” No, he simply said, “Go back and look again.”

This happened six different times, but Elijah kept saying, “Go look again.” On the seventh time, the servant came back and said, “Elijah, I saw a small cloud in the sky. It isn’t much, just the size of a man’s hand.” Elijah’s answer was basically, “You’d better get your umbrella. Rain is coming!”

Friend, like Elijah, maybe you are believing for something and aren’t seeing anything happen. Don’t give up, go look again! If God has promised it, He will do it. It won’t be long until you see His showers of blessing pouring down on every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your faithfulness. I believe that You are working behind the scenes even when I can’t see it. I choose to keep believing. I choose to look again until I see every promise fulfilled in Jesus’ name. Amen.

15 Nov 2012 03:56 #638 by DrMike
Say “Yes” to His Yes!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.” (2 Corinthians 1:20, NKJV)

When God laid out the plan for your life, He lined up the right people, the right breaks and the right open doors. In other words, He already had your “yeses” planned out — Yes, you can accomplish your dreams. Yes, you can overcome that obstacle. Yes, your children can fulfill their destiny. Yes you can succeed. YES is in your future!

The question is, are you going to say “yes” to God’s “yes”? Are you going to dare to believe Him — to get into agreement with His promises?

Start right now by declaring His promises over your life. Start declaring that He is good and that His plan will come to pass. Don’t let doubt and discouragement distract you keep your eyes fixed on Him because He is faithful. His promises are always yes and amen. So say “yes” to His “yes”!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I say “yes” to You. I say “yes” to Your promises and “yes” to Your ways. Help me to live a life pleasing to You and bring You glory in all that I say and do, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

16 Nov 2012 03:55 #639 by DrMike
Through Faith and Patience

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.” (Hebrews 6:12, NIV)

In our culture today, people are used to getting things right away. We’ve been programmed for immediacy. People don’t like to wait. But the scripture says, “It’s through faith and patience that we inherit God’s promises.” Sometimes, it’s easy for people to have faith. We declare, “God, I believe I’m going to accomplish my dreams. God, I believe I’m going to overcome this obstacle.” But, it gets harder when we have to walk in patience. When you pray, can you say, “God, I not only believe for big things, but I trust Your timing. God, I’m not going to get discouraged if it doesn’t happen immediately. I’m not going to give up because it’s taken a week, a month or five years. I know the set time is already in my future, so I’m going to wait with faith and patience because I know that it’s on the way.”

Remember, through faith and patience we inherit His promises. Trust His Word, trust His timing and trust that your answer is on its way!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I declare that I trust You. I trust Your faithfulness. I trust Your goodness. I know that You are working things out in my favor and in Your timing. I declare that through faith and patience I will inherit every promise You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen!

19 Nov 2012 03:39 #640 by DrMike
Enter His Rest

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For we who have believed do enter that rest...” (Hebrews 4:3, NKJV)

God promises that there are set times in our future, but He doesn’t tell us when they will be. Your set time may be tomorrow morning at 9:47. You’ll get the phone call you’ve been waiting for. Your set time may be two years from now. You’ll get a good break and that will thrust you to a new level. My question is, “Do you trust God enough to believe that your set times are coming?” Are you willing to wait with a good attitude? Are you willing to get a new perspective?

Remember, that set time is already in your future. Don’t let the negative thoughts talk you out of it. The way you know that you’re really believing is that you have rest on the inside. You’re at peace. You know the answer is on the way. You trust that God is working things out.

Today put your faith and trust in Him and enter into rest. Know that He is good and He is for you! Your set time of favor is on the way!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to enter into rest. I choose to trust You, I choose to put my faith and hope in You knowing that You are good and that You have good things in store for my future in Jesus’ name! Amen.

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds