Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

03 Oct 2012 04:15 #611 by DrMike
Possessing Your Promised Land

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The Lord your God will thrust them out from before you and drive them out of your sight, and you shall possess their land, as the Lord your God promised you.” (Joshua 23:5, AMP)

We all have giants or obstacles that try to keep us from possessing what God has promised, especially in our dreams. We have two choices: we can quit and live in mediocrity, or we can fight and take hold of the victory.

In the Bible, the children of Israel were camped right next door to their Promised Land. God had already told them He would give them the victory; all they had to do was go in and fight for the land. But, when they heard how big their opponents were, they had such a weak, defeated mentality that they just gave up. Their attitude was, “What’s the use of even trying? We’ll never defeat those people. We might as well just stay out here in the wilderness.” They settled for mediocrity because they weren’t willing to fight.

Friend, don’t let that be you! The battle you have to fight today is in your mind. You have to change your thinking in order to possess God’s promises. Start choosing thoughts of faith and victory. Declare that you are an overcomer. As you stand and fight and win the battle in your mind, you’ll move forward and embrace the promises and dreams that God has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I come to You believing that You have given me the victory. I will not focus on the obstacles before me; instead, I will focus on You. Help me to stand strong and keep my heart and mind focused on the victory You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Oct 2012 04:41 #612 by DrMike
He Makes All Things New

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“He who was seated on the throne said, ‘I am making everything new!’...” (Revelation 21:5, NIV)

Can you remember the time when you first discovered a big dream in your heart? Maybe you were determined to excel in your career, or as a parent, or maybe you were focused on deepening your walk with the Lord. You probably started out with enthusiasm, but maybe things got a little difficult or didn’t happen as quickly as you would have liked. Oftentimes, when things don’t go as planned, people decide, “I’m just going to settle here. It’s not exactly what I wanted, but at least it’s good enough.”

Friend, in this new season, recognize that you were made for more than “good enough.” You were made to increase, to excel, to grow and stretch. Why don’t you take a step of faith this year and embrace the new life He came to give you. Not only does Christ offer new life in eternity, but He offers new life here on earth. Why don’t you pick up those dreams and be determined to see them through. It’s a new day, and He is making everything new in your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for this new day. Thank You for the opportunity to begin again. I choose to press forward and keep believing for the dreams and desires You've placed in my heart. I trust You today with everything that I am in Jesus’ name. Amen.

05 Oct 2012 03:57 #613 by DrMike
He Will Multiply You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And I will make My covenant (solemn pledge) between Me and you and will multiply you exceedingly.” (Genesis 17:2, AMP)

God is in the multiplication business. It doesn’t matter what your need is today, God wants to increase you!

One time in the Old Testament, God simply multiplied the sound of four men’s footsteps and caused them to sound like a mighty army. When their enemies heard them coming, they took off running. Thousands of people, thousands of troops running for their lives, scared to death, thinking they were being attacked by a massive army, when in fact, it was just four people.

Friend, God can make you seem bigger than you really are. He can make you look more powerful. He knows how to multiply your influence, your strength, your talent. He can multiply your income or whatever else you need! You don’t have to figure it all out. All you have to do is believe. If you will release your faith and get up every day expecting God’s far and beyond favor, then you’re going to see God show up and do amazing things. He’ll bless you beyond your wildest dreams and multiply you in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Thank You for Your promise to bless and multiply me. Direct my steps, keep me close to You as I increase in You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

08 Oct 2012 04:07 #614 by DrMike
Whose Report Will You Believe?

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I have heard a report from the Lord...” (Jeremiah 49:14, AMP)

Every day we get “reports” from the news, our experiences, our friends and family, and many other sources. We also get reports from the Word of God, which oftentimes, contradicts what others are saying. That’s when we have a choice: do we believe what we hear in the natural, or do we believe the report of the Lord?

Friend, we serve a supernatural God! Just because we don’t see a way doesn’t mean that He doesn’t have a way. God can bring one opportunity across your path that will thrust you to a new level. He has explosive blessings that can blast you out of debt and into abundance. “Well, I don’t think I’ll ever get well. You should see what the medical report says about me.” No, that may be true according to medical science, but we have another report and it says, “You will live and not die. God is restoring health unto you.” With men it may be impossible, but with God all things are possible.

Choose today to believe the report of the Lord. Stand strong no matter what is going on around you knowing that He is leading you into victory in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I choose to believe Your Word above all else. I know that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf, and You will cause me to triumph. Help me to tune out the negative voices of the world so that I can focus on Your goodness all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

09 Oct 2012 04:05 #615 by DrMike
Dream Beyond

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I lift up my eyes to the hills...” (Psalm 121:1, NIV)

So many people today are stuck in a rut. It’s not because they aren’t talented; it’s not because they don’t have God’s favor, but it’s because their vision is limited. They can’t see beyond their circumstances. They don’t see themselves accomplishing their dreams, being promoted or living healthier. They just see more of the same because it’s what they are focused on. What you see is what you’re going to move toward.

The truth is, we all have vision. Every one of us has a picture in our mind of our self, our family and our future. The question is: what does your picture look like? Do you see yourself rising higher, overcoming obstacles, living an abundant life? Do you dare to dream beyond your circumstances?

Today, why don’t you change your focus? Lift your eyes beyond your circumstances. Get a higher dream, a greater vision for your life. See yourself the way God sees you and move forward in the abundant life He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to lift my eyes off my circumstances and look to You. Show me Your ways that I may walk with You on the path to victory all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

10 Oct 2012 03:51 #616 by DrMike
Just Imagine!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...and now nothing they have imagined they can do will be impossible for them.” (Genesis 11:6, AMP)

How often do you stop and think about what you are thinking about? So often, we live with our minds on autopilot, taking in whatever thoughts come our way. But, if we are going to rise up higher the way God intends, we have to determine to make sure our thoughts line up with God’s thoughts.

Seven times in scripture God asks, “What do you see?” God is interested in our vision. Before your dream comes to pass, you have to see yourself accomplishing that dream. You’ve got to get a picture of it. Before you lose the weight, before you break the addiction, you have to see it happening in your imagination.

Today, instead of thinking about your problems, think about God’s promises. Get a vision for what He has in store for your future. Imagine yourself living in victory. Imagine yourself healed. Imagine yourself walking in abundance. Imagine yourself blessing other people. Just imagine what God has in store for you because nothing is impossible with Him!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I set my heart and mind on You. Give me Your vision for my future. Help me to see myself the way You see me so that I can imagine and live in the blessing You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

11 Oct 2012 04:13 #617 by DrMike
Change Your Environment

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where He prayed.” (Mark 1:35, NIV)

Are you facing challenges today or feeling overwhelmed by your circumstances? Perhaps what you see on the outside doesn’t match what God has placed on the inside of you. The key is: don’t sit around in self-pity, depressed or discouraged. Go out and find someplace you can dream and connect with Almighty God. Go to the park and watch the sunset. Look up at the stars and think about His goodness. Take a break from the environment that seems to be holding you back. Find a place that inspires you, a place where you can meditate on His Word and let your faith be elevated. Stay in a good, Bible-based church where people are going to build you up and not tear you down; a place where people are going to challenge you to rise higher and become all that God has created you to be.

I know people who get home from work every night and watch the same depressing TV shows week after week. Don’t let that be you! If you’re going to enlarge your vision, you’ve got to get out of a limited environment. Put yourself in an atmosphere of victory and success and move forward in the good things God has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to separate myself from my circumstances and from my environment so I can set my heart and mind on You. Show me Your ways. Reveal Your love to me. Give me Your vision of victory for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.

12 Oct 2012 04:01 #618 by DrMike
But God!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“O LORD, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me! ...But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.” (Psalm 3:1–3, NIV)

When David wrote this verse, He was in a very difficult situation. He was actually running for his life from his very own son who wanted to kill him and take over the throne. Can you imagine?! David was probably feeling overwhelmed, distraught, heartbroken, betrayed and abandoned. Have you ever felt that way? But notice that David didn’t just tell the Lord all about his problems. He told the Lord about his faith when he said, “But You, God, are a shield around me...” David made the choice to focus on God’s goodness no matter what.

We have to remember, circumstances may be tough, but God is working behind the scenes on your behalf. You may have a difficult relationship, but God is your Restorer today. You may have an overwhelming need, but God is your Provider today! The doctors may have told you that you have an incurable disease, but God is your Healer today! Things may look impossible today, BUT WITH GOD, all things are possible! If you’ll keep that constant attitude of faith and victory, you’ll see the hand of God move in your life, and you will experience the life of victory He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for always being faithful and working in my life. Today I open my heart to You and choose to focus on You instead of my circumstances. I know that with You, all things are possible in Jesus’ name. Amen.

15 Oct 2012 04:25 #619 by DrMike
New Thinking, New Living

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine bursts the wineskins, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But new wine must be put into new wineskins.” (Mark 2:22, NKJV)

Are you ready for increase? Are you ready to go to the next level, spiritually, physically and emotionally? Many times, people hear the truth that God has more in store, and something resonates on the inside. Their spirit comes into agreement with God; but often times, their natural mind will try to talk them out it. Thoughts will come like, “It’s not going to happen for you. You’re not going to have a great year. You know what the economy is like.” Or, “You’re never going to get well. You saw what the medical report said.” “You’re never going to get married. You’ve been single so long.”

Friend, those are the old wineskins or the old way of thinking that you have to get rid of. This is a new season. What’s happened in the past is over and done. You may have been through some disappointments, you may have tried and failed, or things didn’t work out. That’s okay. God is still in control. It’s time to get a new vision for your life. It’s time to open yourself to a new way of thinking so that you can receive all the blessings God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I choose to get rid of old wineskins. I choose to release old thinking, old habits, and anything that would keep me from Your best. Strengthen me by Your Spirit so that I can live my life in a way that pleases You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

16 Oct 2012 03:39 #620 by DrMike
Unlimited Supply

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And [so that you can know and understand] what is the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His power in and for us who believe...” (Ephesians 1:19, AMP)

If I had a thousand gallons of water to give you but you only had a one-gallon container, you wouldn’t be able to receive what I had for you. The problem would not be with the supply. It would be with your ability to receive. If you would get rid of the small container and get something larger, I could give you so much more.

It’s the same way with God. We might have a tendency to think, “The economy is down. I could never afford that house I really want. My business will never expand. I don’t have the funding. I don’t have the people behind me.” No, you’ve got to get rid of that one-gallon bucket. Get rid of that small container. The God we serve is a big God! He has an unlimited supply. Jesus said, “According to your faith it will be done unto you.” It’s not according to God. God has all the power, all the resources in the world. It’s according to what we believe.

Today, increase your capacity to receive. Enlarge your thinking by meditating on the Word of God. Praise Him and magnify Him because with God all things are possible, and He has an unlimited supply!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your unlimited supply of everything I need in this life. I open my heart to You; I choose to take the limits off. Increase me so that I can receive every blessing You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.834 seconds