Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

12 Sep 2012 03:55 #601 by DrMike
Characteristics of Love

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” (1 Corinthians 13:13, NIV)

Spiritual maturity isn’t measured by how long you’ve been a Christian, how much you know, or how often you go to church. Spiritual maturity is measured by the way you treat other people. It’s measured by the love you allow to operate through you. First Corinthians 13 tells us about the characteristics of love. One characteristic is that it is not rude. That means, when we are walking in love, we treat other people with courtesy and respect. Are you courteous to other people? Are you kind to the person at the checkout counter that may be moving too slowly for you? Are you gentle when you are driving down the highway and someone cuts you off? Are you patient with your family and coworkers? These are all ways we show love.

Scripture also tells us that love is patient. It is kind. It does not envy; it is not proud. It is not rude. Love is not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs. Love never fails. Notice that these characteristics don’t have anything to do with feelings. That’s because love is a choice. You can choose to walk in love toward people even when you don’t feel like it. Today, make the choice to do what is right. Choose today to show kindness and be courteous to others. Look for ways to cultivate the greatest thing in your life — love! As you do, you’ll move forward into the life of blessing God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me so that I can show love to others. Teach me to be patient and kind and treat others the way You always treat me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Sep 2012 03:51 #602 by DrMike
Bring Out the Best

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...love is kind...” (1 Corinthians 13:4, NIV)

One translation of today’s simple verse says that “love looks for a way to be constructive.” In other words, love looks for ways to improve someone else’s life. Love brings out the best in other people. Don’t just get up in the morning thinking about yourself or how you can make your own life better. Think about how you can make someone else’s life better. Ask yourself, “Who can I encourage today?” “Who can I build up?” You have something to offer those around you that no one else can give. Someone in your life needs your encouragement. Someone in your life needs to know that you believe in them. I believe God will hold us responsible for the people He’s put in our lives. He’s counting on us to bring out the best in our family and friends.

Are you improving the lives of those around you? Are you pouring confidence in them? Why don’t you ask the Lord to give you creative ways to bring out the best in others? As you sow into the lives of others, God will send people along your path that will build you up so that you can embrace every blessing He has in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for loving me. Thank You for believing in me and always building me up. I ask that You show me creative ways to encourage and build up the people around me. Help me to be an example of Your love in Jesus’ name. Amen.

14 Sep 2012 04:29 #603 by DrMike
Celebrate Others

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Rejoice with those who rejoice...” (Romans 12:15, NKJV)

When a friend or family member succeeds, gets promoted, or experiences an unexpected break in life, how do you respond?

Some people wonder, “What about me?” Others criticize or say, “It won’t last long.” But really, the way you respond to other’s success will determine the level of your own success. Whether you respond in a negative or positive way, you are sowing seeds for your future. That’s why scripture tells us simply to “rejoice with those who rejoice.” God wants you to be successful. His commands are for your good. He doesn’t want jealousy or strife to enter your life or rob you of His blessing.

Today, make it a point to find someone who is celebrating and celebrate with them. Congratulate them on their success no matter how small it seems in the natural. Rejoice with those who rejoice, sow seeds of blessing, and open the door for victory in your own life in return!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your hand of blessing not only on my life but on the lives of the people around me. I choose to rejoice in You, and I choose to rejoice over Your victory everywhere I go in Jesus’ name! Amen!

Greetings friends, COFA Tips will be on hold from September 17-21. COFA will be having it's Fishcamp in the great state of Minnesota. Please pray for everyone's safety during this time. Many coming will hear about the good news of Jesus for the first time. We all look forward to serving you when we get back. Be blessed!

24 Sep 2012 04:28 #604 by DrMike
Don’t Get Snared

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“You are snared by the words of your mouth...” (Proverbs 6:2, NKJV)

During the 1990’s, Jose Lima was the star pitcher for the Houston Astros. One season, he won 20 games and was considered one of the best pitchers in the league. When the Astros moved from the Astrodome to their new ballpark downtown, the fence in left field was much closer than the fence in the Astrodome. It favored the hitters and made it more difficult on the pitchers. The first time Jose Lima went to the new ballpark, he stood on the mound, looked at the fence, and the first words out of his mouth were, “I’ll never be able to pitch in here. The fence is way too close.” Sure enough, he went from being a 20-game winner to a 16-game loser. It was one of the biggest negative turnarounds in the history of the Astros. What happened? He prophesied his future.

Today, don’t get snared by the words of your mouth. When negative thoughts come, don’t speak them out; instead, speak life. Speak hope. Speak blessing. Speak what you seek! Speak the Word of God so you can move forward in the victory He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I submit my thoughts, my words, and every area of my life to You. Help me, by Your Spirit, to speak life according to Your Word. Help me to stay aligned with You on the path of blessing in Jesus’ name. Amen.

25 Sep 2012 04:26 #605 by DrMike
Set Forth His Word

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and do not return there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.”(Isaiah 55:10–11, NKJV)

Are you going through a difficult time today? Let me challenge you: don’t use your words to describe your situation, use your words to change your situation! All through the day you should go around saying, “I have the favor of God. I can do all things through Christ. I am blessed. I’m strong. I’m healthy.” When you speak like that, you are blessing your life. You are speaking favor into your future.

When you get up in the morning, if you aren’t feeling up to par, don’t set the tone of the day by speaking it. Don’t ever say, “This is going to be a lousy day. I don’t want to go to work. I’m tired of dealing with these children.” No, get up and say, “This is going to be a great day. I’m excited about my future. Something good is going to happen to me.”

Always remember, send your words out in the direction you want your life to go. Let His Word always be on your mouth. His Word will never return void. It will accomplish what it was set forth to do. So set forth His Word and move forward in blessing and victory all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I send forth Your Word. I declare blessing, favor and victory over my life. I choose to set the tone for the day in peace, joy and victory today and every day in Jesus’ name. Amen.

26 Sep 2012 04:35 #606 by DrMike
Speak to Your Mountains

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And Jesus answered them, Truly I say to you, if you have faith (a firm relying trust) and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, Be taken up and cast into the sea, it will be done.” (Matthew 21:21, AMP)

We’ve all had seasons when the challenges of life feel overwhelming. During those times, it’s easy to be tempted to talk about how bad things are. Maybe you received a bad medical report, or maybe you’re facing a financial obstacle. But the more you talk about something, the bigger it becomes in your mind. Instead, you’ve got to dig your heels in and say, “No, I am not going to give life to that defeat. I am not going to speak sickness over myself. I’m not going to speak lack. I’m not going to speak fear. I’m choosing a different report. I believe the report of the Lord which says I am blessed. I am favored. I am prosperous. I am healthy. I am whole. I’m a victor, not a victim.”

Remember, even if you don’t see how things could ever work out, God does. You’ve got to speak to those mountains in your life and declare favor over those situations. Instead of talking to God about how big your problems are, talk to your problems about how big your God is! As you speak to your mountains, they will be moved, and you will move forward into the victory God has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Word which is life to my spirit. I receive Your strength today and choose to speak to the mountains so I can move forward in the victory You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

27 Sep 2012 05:28 #607 by DrMike
Before Creation

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For he chose us in him before the creation of the world...” (Ephesians 1:4, NIV)

Did you know that God chose you before the foundations of the earth? Before the worlds were ever formed, He knew you. And, He didn’t create you to be average. He didn’t create you to barely get by. No, He created you to excel! Not only has He chosen you, but He has equipped you with everything you need to live and thrive in this life. He has deposited seeds of greatness inside every person. But in order to tap into those seeds of greatness, you have to believe this and act on it.

Too many people today are going around with low self-esteem, feeling inferior like they don’t have what it takes. But that is living a lie. And as long as we have a poor self-image, we’re not going to experience God’s best. In order to be all that God has called us to be, we have to see ourselves as chosen, valuable and victorious.

Today, meditate on this truth. Let it sink down deep into your heart. Let it build confidence and security in you. As you understand your value in the eyes of God, you’ll be empowered to live the life of victory He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for choosing me. Thank You for equipping me. Help me to see myself the way You see me. Show me Your ways that I may walk with You in confidence and trust all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

28 Sep 2012 04:34 #608 by DrMike
Right Companions

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” (Proverbs 18:24, NIV)

Your destiny is too big to accomplish on your own. That’s why it’s so important to be connected to the right people. We have to understand that God has already arranged for certain people to speak faith into you. He has already placed people in your path that will inspire you, challenge you, and help you accomplish your dreams. The reason some people never reach their highest potential is because they never get away from the wrong people.

Recognize today that not everyone can go where God is taking you. You’ve got to connect with people who understand your destiny and can call forth your seeds of greatness. You don’t have time to spend on people who are always pushing you down, telling you what you can’t do, or never giving you their approval no matter how hard you try. Friend, life is too short to drag people along. If you will get the wrong people out of your life, then God will bring in the right people so you can fulfill the destiny He has in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for placing the right people in my life. Help me to discern the right connections You have for me. Give me strength to release the wrong relationships so I have room in my life for the people You have chosen to connect with me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

01 Oct 2012 05:14 #609 by DrMike
Don’t Let Others Limit Your Dreams

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“What if some did not have faith? Will their lack of faith nullify God’s faithfulness?” (Romans 3:3, NIV)

Have the opinions of other people caused you to water down your dreams? There will always be critics and naysayers in life. It’s not what’s said about you that affects your life, but what you say and believe about yourself.

One of the most important things you can learn is that other people don’t have to believe in you in order for your dreams to come to pass. Other people don’t set the limits for your life — you do. In Romans 3:3, the Apostle Paul is saying, “It doesn’t matter if other people don’t believe. Their unbelief is not going to keep me from believing in my dreams.” When God puts a promise in your heart, it’s not up to other people to bring it to pass, it’s up to you! You don’t need everyone to validate you. You have to follow the voice of God for yourself and allow Him to order your steps.

Remember, God sees the hidden treasures that you’ve had buried on the inside of you. He wants to bring those treasures out and make your dreams reality! As you get rid of old, defeated thoughts and replace them with what God says about you, you will remove the limits and live the abundant life God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for another day to see Your goodness in my life. Today, I take off the limits and embrace the dreams You've placed in my heart. Empower me by Your Spirit to fulfill Your plan for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

02 Oct 2012 04:16 #610 by DrMike
Fire up Your Dreams

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you...” (2 Timothy 1:6, NIV)

I believe that God has planted seeds of greatness on the inside of every one of us. We all have dreams and desires, things we want to accomplish; things we want to see changed. But so many times, life has a way of stealing our dreams. We go through disappointments, face adversity, things don’t turn out as we would like. Too often, people just end up settling for second best. But God doesn’t want us to settle for second best. He wants us to be determined, press on, and pursue the greatness that’s on the inside. We should never let “good enough” be good enough!

I want to encourage you today to stir yourself up and get your fire back. Start speaking victory over your future. If one dream has died, dream another dream. Put yourself in a positive, faith-filled environment. Get around people of excellence who live passionately. Fan the flame that is in you so you can move forward into all God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I come to You today giving You my disappointments, setbacks, hurts and broken dreams. I ask that You restore my passion and vision for the future. Let Your flame burn brightly in me now and forevermore in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.859 seconds