Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

03 Jul 2012 03:53 #551 by DrMike
Free for All

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...God does not show favoritism but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right” (Acts 10:34–35, NIV)

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom — and God’s freedom is free for everyone! It doesn’t matter what your nationality or heritage is, or who your family is. It doesn’t matter how much money you have or don’t have; God wants you free from everything that would hold you back from your relationship with Him!

God wants to pour out His abundant blessing on all who honor Him and choose His ways. In fact, it says in Galatians that in Christ, there is no Jew or Greek or even male or female. That means God’s not judging you based on physical conditions. He’s looking at your heart. He’s looking at the gifts He’s placed inside of you.

Don’t let the enemy lie to you and tell you that God is blessing everyone else but you. Look for the ways He is pouring out blessing in your life. Thank Him for His acceptance, love and freedom. Focus on honoring Him and doing what is right. Receive His favor and blessing because it is a gift that is free for all!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for loving and accepting me today. I choose to do what is right and honor You with my attitude, words and actions. Holy Spirit, show me if there is any area that isn’t pleasing to You and help me live as an example of Your goodness all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jul 2012 03:54 #552 by DrMike
Celebrate Your Freedom

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“You have been set free from sin...” (Romans 6:18, NIV)

Today in America, we celebrate Independence Day. July 4, 1776 was the day America declared its independence, but the battle for freedom went on until 1783 — seven years later. Even though the people declared their freedom in 1776, they had to stand and fight for many years before the British would accept and recognized the United States of America.

In the same way, we have to declare our freedom and be determined to stand against the opposing forces of darkness in our lives. We have to declare our freedom from addiction, poverty, sickness and lack. We have to stand and fight until we fully experience His freedom and the peace that He has promised.

I love what the early colonists did once they signed the Declaration of Independence. They read it out loud in public. They published it in the newspaper. They spread the word. They continued to declare and celebrate even though they were in the midst of the battle.

Today, no matter what battle you may be facing, declare that you are free and celebrate your freedom because the victory you seek is on the way!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for setting me free in every area of my life. I declare today that nothing can hold me back. I declare that I am free from sickness, poverty, lack and addiction. I declare that You have set me free and thank You for freedom and discipline in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

05 Jul 2012 03:57 #553 by DrMike
Living in Contentment

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances” (Philippians 4:11, NIV)

In life, it’s easy to get so focused on our dreams and goals, the things we want, that it consumes us. We can get to the point where we’re not happy, and we’re not going to be happy until it happens. But I’ve found that if we have to have something in order to be happy, our lives are out of balance. When our goals and dreams start to frustrate us, and we lose our peace and we’re not enjoying life, that’s a sure sign that we’re holding on too tightly. What’s the solution? You’ve got to release it. Freedom comes when you say, “God, I’m turning it all over to You. You know my desires, and You know what’s best for me. I’m choosing to trust You and Your timing.”

When we learn to be content whatever the circumstances, the power of the enemy is broken. It takes away his ability to frustrate us. Not only that, but by our actions we are showing our faith in God. When you choose to trust in His timing, you can live in peace, you can live in joy, and you can rest in Him, knowing that He has good things in store for your future!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I choose to trust in You. I release frustration over the dreams and desires in my heart, knowing that You know what’s best for me. I choose to trust in Your timing because You are faithful, and I will bless You in all things in Jesus’ name. Amen.

06 Jul 2012 04:23 #554 by DrMike
The Gift of Today

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom” (Psalm 90:12, NIV)

Sometimes, our days can be so full and busy that we forget how precious and fragile our time on earth really is. It can be so easy to allow little things to creep in and steal our peace and joy. Maybe something didn’t go your way, or someone said something upsetting. Even traffic can cause us to get our focus off if we let it. But, we have to remember that each day is a gift. If we choose to focus on what’s wrong, we’ll miss out on the beauty that each day has to offer.

I encourage you today; don’t let the precious moments of life pass you by. Don’t wait for holidays and birthdays to show people that you care. Remember, each day is unique and irreplaceable, a gift from heaven above. You have been given time that can be invested or wasted; hours that can be used or misused. That’s why the psalmist prayed to God, “Teach us to number our days.” He was saying, “Teach us to value every moment we’ve been given so we can live a life pleasing to You.”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of today. I choose to focus on the blessing of each moment instead of allowing the little things to steal my joy. Keep me close to You always as I submit every area of my heart and mind to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

09 Jul 2012 03:45 #555 by DrMike
Bold as a Lion

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion” (Proverbs 28:1, NKJV)

As a believer in Jesus Christ, you are called to live a bold, confident and overcoming life. You don’t have to live under a burden of fear. You don’t have to live with anxiety. Because of Jesus, fear, worry and uncertainty are beneath you. When you rise up in faith knowing that God is with you and for you, all doubt and fear has to leave your life.

Notice that today’s scripture says that the righteous are as bold as a lion. Righteousness is God’s way of doing things. When you do things His way, when you are submitted to His plan for your life, He promises success. It may not always be the way we had in mind, but ultimately, His plan is to prosper you, not to harm you, to give you a hope and a future!

Today, if you’ve been feeling anxious or fearful, begin to declare God’s truth over your life which will set you free! Declare that you are righteous in Christ Jesus! Declare that you are more than a conqueror! Declare that you are as bold as a lion because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I come to You in the precious name of Jesus, thanking You for boldness. I choose to stand strong in Your righteousness. I renounce the spirit of fear. I renounce anxiety. I renounce worry, and I take up faith which works by love. Thank You for having Your way in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

10 Jul 2012 03:56 #556 by DrMike
The Lord is with You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9, NKJV)

No matter what today has in store, as a believer, you can approach the day with boldness and confidence. Why? Because the Lord is with you, and in Him is everything you need in this life! That means that if you need provision for something today, provision is with you. If you need wisdom today, wisdom is with you. If you need strength, joy or peace today, it’s with you. You can be confident today knowing that all of your needs are supplied spiritually, physically and emotionally because the Lord is with you. And best of all, He’s promised never to leave you.

Remember, don’t ever let the lies from the enemy or pressure from the world keep you from taking hold of everything the Lord has for you. Open your heart by faith and receive whatever you need today. Step out in boldness and strength because the Lord is with you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me today. Thank You for Your faithfulness. Thank You for being closer to me than the air I breathe. I receive Your promises today in faith and confidence. I cast all of my cares on You and set my heart on You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

11 Jul 2012 04:34 #557 by DrMike
Understand His Will

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is” (Ephesians 5:17, NKJV)

Faith begins where the will of God is known. If you don’t understand God’s will, how can you have faith in what He wants to do in your life? Scripture says that when we understand His will, we are wise. How do you know what God’s will is? By reading and studying His Word. He tells us in scripture that His plans are for our good. He tells us that He takes pleasure in prospering His children. He tells us that His desire is for us to live in health, peace and joy.

Today and every day, take time to develop your faith by reading His Word and connecting with the Father through prayer. Ask the Holy Spirit to direct your Bible study time. He is your helper, and He desires to reveal the will of the Father to your heart. As you submit your life to Him, you will understand His will and walk in supernatural wisdom in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me Your Word which contains Your promises. I commit myself to You to study and learn so that I may know You and Your goodness. I invite You to work in and through me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

12 Jul 2012 03:46 #558 by DrMike
He Collects Your Tears

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book” (Psalm 56:8, NLT)

Do you know how important you are to God? He cares so much about every detail of your life. He cares about your thoughts, feelings and emotions. In fact, what you are going through is so important to Him that He records every sorrow and collects every tear you’ve shed. Why would God record your sorrows and collect your tears? Because He loves you so much, and He is your Vindicator. He’s keeping account of every wrong that’s ever been done to you so that He can make up for every single one of them. He wants to restore everything that has ever been stolen. He wants to heal every single hurt and pain. He sees the longings and desires of your heart, and you can rest knowing that He is working things out for your good!

So today, know that you are precious to Him. He has your best interest at heart. He is working to bring restoration and peace to you. Keep standing, keep believing, and keep doing the right thing because the One who collects your tears will restore every broken place in your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me and setting me free. Thank You for being my Vindicator. I choose to release every hurt, pain and sorrow, knowing that You will make all things new in Your time in Jesus’ name. Amen.

13 Jul 2012 05:28 #559 by DrMike
Wait with Confidence

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm...” (James 5:7–8 NIV)

In the book of James, the Bible tells us that we should wait for God’s promises like a farmer waits for his harvest. Now, I’ve never seen a farmer plant a crop and then worry night and day about whether or not it’s going to come up. He doesn’t lose sleep thinking, “Oh, I hope that my corn is going to take root. Please, God, let my corn bring a harvest.” No, he waits with confidence, knowing that the harvest will come. He does his part, and he knows that seed will produce a good crop.

In the same way, we should wait confidently for the promises of God. We have to stand firm on His Word. It’s not enough to just hope that your situation is going to turn around. Instead of the attitude, “I hope I get well,” have the attitude of confidence and say, “Thank You, Lord, that I am getting well.” Start waiting like the farmer. Wait with a knowing. Wait with confidence. Be sure that as you put God’s Word into practice, just like the farmer, you will see that harvest of blessing in your own life in return.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Today, I choose to stand firm on Your Word. I choose to follow Your commands and believe that I will see Your promises come to pass in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

16 Jul 2012 03:47 #560 by DrMike
Rest in Hope

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Therefore my heart rejoiced, and my tongue was glad; moreover my flesh also will rest in hope” (Acts 2:26, NKJV)

So many people today live with stress, anxiety, pressure and worry, but that’s not God’s plan for your life. He wants you to live in peace, confidence and rest in hope. Think about that for a moment. How can you rest in hope? It’s sort of like when you’re watching the replay of your favorite ball game. You already know the outcome. You don’t have to worry about what’s happening, you just enjoy the plays. The same is true in life. When we know God’s Word, when we obey His commands, then we know the outcome for life. We know that He is always for our good. We know that He has plans to prosper us, not to harm us!

Today’s scripture tells us what to do while we are waiting to see His promises come to pass — we should let our tongue be glad. In other words, we should be speaking the victory. We should be declaring His goodness. We should be filled with His joy. When your mouth is aligned with God’s Word, when your heart rejoices, then you can rest in hope knowing that victory is on the way!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for victory that overcomes the world. Thank You for giving me hope in my final outcome. I choose to cast my cares on You today, I choose to rejoice, I choose to speak Your Word as I celebrate the good things You have in store for me in Jesus’ name! Amen.

Time to create page: 0.881 seconds