Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

12 Jun 2012 04:36 #541 by DrMike
Closer Than You Think

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded” (Hebrews 10:35, NIV)

Have you been praying and believing for something that seems like it’s taking a lot longer than you thought? Many times, people can miss God’s best simply because they give up before they see their “due season” come. Don’t let that be you! Be encouraged today, your answer is closer than you think. If it seems like things are getting more difficult, remember, when the intensity heats up, that means you are closer to your victory. It’s always darkest just before the dawn arrives.

You serve a faithful God, and He’s working behind the scenes on your behalf. Don’t cast away your confidence today because your reward is coming. And just like a new mother forgets about her labor pain when she is finally holding her newborn, you’ll forget about your struggle when you are holding on to your promise.

While you are waiting, keep an attitude of faith and expectancy. Wake up every morning and say out loud, “I’ve come too far to give up now. My due season is coming. I will reap my harvest.” Stay in faith and look for His hand of blessing because He has promised you victory, and it’s closer than you think!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I stand believing that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. Give me Your strength to continue believing until I see Your promises fulfilled in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jun 2012 03:56 #542 by DrMike
Make Preparations

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...Prepare the way for the Lord...” (Isaiah 40:3, NIV)

Everyone goes through seasons of waiting. A lot of times, people just sit back and wait for God to do everything. But, you have to remember to do your part and make preparations. You have to talk like it’s going to happen and act like it’s going to happen. Some people might say, “Well, what if I do this and it doesn’t happen?” But I say what if you do and it does happen? And even if things don’t turn out the way you had hoped, you’d still be better off living your life positive and hopeful than you would to go around down and discouraged.

I love what David said in the Bible, “God, my times are in Your hands.” He was saying, “God, I don’t know when it’s going to happen, but I know You know what’s best for me.” I’m going to go out today expecting good things. And even if it doesn’t happen, I’m not going to go to bed all disappointed. I’m going to go to bed knowing that I’m one day closer to seeing my dreams and desires come to pass!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I dedicate this day to You. Show me how to prepare for You to move in my life. Help me guard my words and thoughts as I put my trust in You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

14 Jun 2012 03:54 #543 by DrMike
In an Instant

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...And in an instant, suddenly, you shall be visited and delivered by the Lord of hosts...” (Isaiah 29:5–6, AMP)

Throughout the Bible, we have examples of how God suddenly showed Himself strong on behalf of His people. But sometimes when we’ve struggled in an area for a long time, it’s easy to just give up and accept things the way they are. One of the enemy’s favorite lies is to tell you that nothing is ever going to change. He’ll tell you that you’re never going to get well, that your marriage isn’t going to work out, that you’re never going to break that addiction. But I want to tell you today, it doesn’t matter how long you’ve been in those circumstances, God can change things in an instant! In a split second of time, He can turn it all around. One touch of God’s power can heal your body. One touch of His favor can promote you. One touch of His goodness can solve that problem. Just one touch from Almighty God can instantly change your life.

I encourage you today, keep believing, keep standing, and keep hoping. Don’t let the enemy drag your thoughts down because God is working behind the scenes. Your time is coming, and I declare that your breakthrough is going to happen suddenly — in an instant!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I choose to trust that You are working things out for my good. I choose to stand in faith, believing that my season of breakthrough is coming. Give me Your strength and peace as I patiently wait on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

15 Jun 2012 04:00 #544 by DrMike
Your Appointed Time

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For the vision is yet for an appointed time...though it tarry, wait for it...” (Habakkuk 2:3, KJV)

God has an appointed time to fulfill the visions, dreams and desires in your heart. Just because it has taken a long time or because you’ve tried and failed doesn’t mean it’s not going to happen. Don’t give up on those dreams! Don’t be complacent about pursuing what God has placed in your heart. Our God is a faithful God. No matter how long it’s been, no matter how impossible things looks, if you’ll stay in faith, your appointed time is coming.

Remember, every dream that’s in your heart, every promise that has taken root, God put it in there. And not only that, but He has every intention of bringing it to pass. Hold on to that vision today by declaring, “My time is coming. God is working behind the scenes on my behalf. I will fulfill my destiny!” As you continue to hold on to that vision and speak life over your dreams, you’ll see them begin to take shape. You’ll see your faith grow, you’ll see your hope strengthen, and you’ll see yourself step into the destiny God has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I receive Your truth today. I receive Your promises. I ask that You ignite my heart with Your holy fire so that I can pursue Your perfect plan for my life. Make my thoughts and words agreeable to Your will in Jesus’ name. Amen.

18 Jun 2012 04:16 #545 by DrMike
Dwell in Safety and Trust

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust” (Psalm 4:8, AMP)

All throughout scripture, God has promised to be your Protector, Defender, your Strength, your Shelter and so much more. Even when the storms of life come against you, as long as you are dwelling in Him, you dwell in safety and trust — nothing can take away your peace and joy. What does it mean to dwell in Him? One of the definitions of the word “dwell” means to keep your attention directed toward something. The more you keep your attention directed toward God, the more you will know Him, and the more confidence you will have in Him. When you focus your heart and mind on the Word of God and declare His promises over your life, you are dwelling in Him. When you lift your voice in worship and give Him glory and honor, you are dwelling in Him. When you spend time meditating on Him and connecting with Him through prayer, you are dwelling in Him.

Are you facing a difficult situation? Give your attention to the Father. Do you need His peace and protection? Focus your heart and mind on Him. As you dwell on Him, you will see His goodness, and you’ll live in peace and victory all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for Your promise of peace and safety in my life. I choose to give my attention to You. Have Your way in me and let everything I do bring glory to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

19 Jun 2012 04:36 #546 by DrMike
He Will Multiply Your Resources

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness” (2 Corinthians 9:10, NAS)

We serve a faithful God — He is the God of more than enough! Not only does He promise to meet your needs, He promises to give you enough to meet the needs of others, too.

When you are a sower — when you give of your resources, your time, talent, finances and possessions — God promises to multiply those resources so that you can continue to be a blessing to the people around you. You might look at what you have in your hand today and think, “This doesn’t look like much.” But understand that when you give God what you have, He’ll turn it into more than enough! The Bible tells us that Jesus fed a crowd of over 5,000 people by multiplying the lunch of a small boy, and He can multiply whatever you have in your hand, too.

Today, dedicate what you have to the Lord by faith. Ask Him where you should sow your seed so that you can be a blessing to others. As you do, He’ll continue to pour out His blessing and abundance on you, and you will live fulfilled and satisfied all the days of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I dedicate everything that I have to You. Show me how I can be a blessing to others today. Thank You for Your abundant provision in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

20 Jun 2012 03:46 #547 by DrMike
The Reward of Diligence

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...the appetite of the diligent is abundantly supplied” (Proverbs 13:4, AMP)

God longs to pour out His favor and blessing on you. He longs to show you His goodness and provision. He promises to do His part, but you have to do your part, too. You have to be diligent. First of all, be diligent in seeking His ways and following His commands. Then, be diligent with what you have in your hand, with your time and resources.

In Matthew, Jesus tells a parable about three men whose employer entrusted them with some money called talents. Two of the men were diligent and invested the talents and received a great return. The third man was afraid and buried what he was given. The first two men were rewarded and praised for their diligence while the third man was rebuked.

Follow the example of the first two men and look for ways to be diligent with what you have in your hand. Whatever you do, do it with excellence. Be the best you can be and go the extra mile even when you think it goes unnoticed. Understand that when people don't notice, God notices and promises to reward the appetite of the diligent.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your favor and blessing on my life. Today I choose to be diligent. I choose to live in excellence and do everything to the best of my ability. I give You all the glory in Jesus’ name. Amen.

21 Jun 2012 03:54 #548 by DrMike
Give Him Your Cares

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you” (1 Peter 5:7, NLT)

God desires to take care of whatever may be concerning you today. He invites you to give your worries and cares to Him simply because He loves you!

How do you give Him your cares? First of all, understand that cares show up in your mind. When negative, self-defeating thoughts of worry come, you have to recognize them as cares and replace them with the Word of God. For example, if you are concerned about a need today, say out loud, “My God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory.” If you have fear about something, say out loud, “God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.” If you have sickness in your body, declare, “By His stripes I am healed.” As you meditate on the truth and focus your heart and mind on the Father, those cares and concerns will disappear.

Then, thank Him for giving you peace and joy. Thank Him for working in your life. As you keep an attitude of faith and expectancy, give Him your worries and cares and get ready for the blessing He has for your future!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I come to You today casting my cares on You. I choose to believe Your Word and trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I give You all the praise and glory in Jesus’ name. Amen.

22 Jun 2012 03:46 #549 by DrMike
Fresh Start

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9, ESV)

Do you need a fresh start today? Even as believers in Jesus, we all make mistakes and wrong choices. The Bible says that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. But the good news is that we don’t have to stay separated from God in our sin. God wants us to come to Him so He can forgive us, cleanse us and give us a fresh start.

No matter what happened yesterday, or even five minutes ago, God is waiting for you with open arms. Don’t let the enemy condemn you and lie to you today. God is not mad at you. He loves you and longs to restore everything in your life. Confess your sins to God and allow Him to cleanse you today. Choose to forgive others so that you can receive God's forgiveness. Ask the Holy Spirit to keep you close so that you can live a life pleasing to Him. As you draw close to God, He will draw close to you and show you His great love and blessing all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for receiving me just as I am. Today I confess my sins to You and ask You to cleanse me. I choose to forgive others so that You can forgive me. Keep me close so that I can live a life that is pleasing to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

02 Jul 2012 03:29 #550 by DrMike
Spiritual Satisfaction

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled” (Matthew 5:6, NIV)

In the natural, what do you do when you’re hungry and just not sure what will satisfy you? You may try to think of what to eat, but maybe you’re not sure what will hit the spot. Spiritual hunger works the same way. You may feel a restlessness or unsettledness, but you can’t quite figure out what will satisfy it. You may try to fill that need with other things — food, addictions, people — but only God can fill that hunger.

Today’s verse tells us what will fill that hunger in our soul — righteousness. When you hunger and thirst for righteousness, which is God’s way of doing things, you will be spiritually satisfied. But just like you have to take time to eat in the natural, you have to take time to “eat” or partake of God’s righteousness. Every day, He has a table of blessing set for you. When you spend time in prayer, worship and reading His Word, you are partaking of His righteousness. You are filling your soul. The more time you spend with Him, the more He will fill you and satisfy your hunger all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for the promise to fill my hunger. I open my heart to You and ask that You draw me by Your Spirit. Teach me to walk in Your ways of righteousness that I may honor and serve You all the days of my life. I bless Your name today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.917 seconds