Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

31 Jul 2012 04:00 #571 by DrMike
Don’t Delay

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I made haste, and did not delay to keep Your commandments.” (Psalm 119:60, NKJV)

Isn’t it interesting how easy it is to put things off? We plan on doing something. We have good intentions. We just plan to do it later. “One day I’m going to start exercising. One day I’m going to get my finances in order. One day I’m going to forgive that person who hurt me.” The problem with this kind of thinking is that “one day” never comes. There will always be some reason to keep delaying it.

Is there something in your heart that you know you need to do? Maybe God has been dealing with you, and you keep putting it off. You think, “As soon as I get through this busy season, then I’ll spend more time with my family. As soon as the price of gas goes down, then I’ll start tithing my income. As soon as my child gets out of diapers, then I’m going to get my family back in church.” But friend, good intentions don’t equal obedience. The quicker you do what you feel down in your spirit, the happier you’re going to be. Don’t let unfinished business keep you from God’s best. Step out. Obey His voice and walk in the blessing He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your patience and grace toward me. Search my heart. Show me the way to go. I choose to obey Your voice quickly and honor You in all that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Aug 2012 04:12 #572 by DrMike
Don’t Miss the Season of Grace

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For the turning away of the simple will slay them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them.” (Proverbs 1:32, NKJV)

God will never ask you to do something without giving you the ability to do it. You may get passive or complacent and think, “Yes, I know I need to do that. Maybe next week.” Well, next week turns into next month. Next month turns into next year. When we put off what God has told us to do, we miss that season of grace. But, if you’ll deal with things as soon as God brings them to light, you’ll have a special grace, a special empowerment. You’ll feel God’s enabling power helping you to do it.

Today, is there something you’re putting off? Something you know in heart that you are supposed to do? Don’t let the season of grace pass. Don’t let complacency destroy you. Your destiny stands before you. God has something amazing in your future. Be bold, be strong. Step out in faith, be obedient, and embrace the good things God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the grace to do exactly what You’ve called me to do. I choose to step out in faith; I choose to follow Your commands. I choose to be faithful because I know that You are faithful. I love You and bless You today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen.

02 Aug 2012 03:36 #573 by DrMike
Foxes in Your Finances

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Catch the foxes for us, the little foxes that spoil the vineyards, for our vineyards are in blossom.” (Song of Solomon 2:15, ESV)

Oftentimes, it’s not big things that hold us back; it’s small things — especially in your finances. A few dollars a day on coffee quickly turns into hundreds. Too many credit cards become overwhelming to keep up with. That person who hasn’t balanced their checkbook in two years probably hears a little voice every time they go to write a check, “Get your finances in order.” We have to realize that if we’re not faithful with what we have, God won’t entrust us with more. One lady told me how she hadn’t balanced her checkbook in so long she just closed the account and opened up a brand new one. At least she took action!

I have people tell me all the time, “ I’m going to start giving. I’m going to start tithing my income as soon as I make more money.” No, don’t wait until you have $1,000. Tithe on the $10 you have right now. Don’t let the little foxes spoil your finances. Don’t let another day go by without obeying God. When you set your finances in order, when you put God first in all you do, you are opening the door for His blessing. He says when we are faithful with the little, God will make us ruler over much!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I choose to be obedient. I don’t want to let little foxes affect my finances. I dedicate my resources to You. Speak to my heart and show me where to give. I choose to be a faithful sower and expect to reap an abundant harvest by Your Word in Jesus’ name! Amen.

03 Aug 2012 03:34 #574 by DrMike
Press Past the Small Things

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...One thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead.” (Philippians 3:13, NIV)

Are you allowing the small things in life to keep you from God’s best? Today is the day to press past the small things and run toward your destiny! Unforgiveness is a small thing. Forgive and move on to the greater thing. Fear is small. It’s not from God. Don’t let it hold you back. An addiction is small. You have the power to overcome anything through Christ Jesus. Being undisciplined is small. If you are a believer today, you have the seed of Almighty God inside of you. There is no challenge that’s too difficult for you!

I think about Joshua and Caleb. When they came back from spying out the Promised Land they said, “Moses, we are well able to take the land. Let us go in at once.” Not next week. Not next year. They were “now” people. But if you over-analyze your situation and think about all the “what if’s” and try to get approval from all your family and friends, you’ll never move off of dead center. You’ll be stuck in the small things.

Today, make the decision to press forward. Be like Joshua and Caleb. Don’t look at your circumstances; look at your God because He is the one who is empowering you to take hold of the good things He has for your future!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I make the decision to press past small things. I let go of small thinking and small doing and choose to open my heart and mind to You. Lead me in the way I should go. Thank You for Your everlasting love in Jesus’ name. Amen!

06 Aug 2012 03:24 #575 by DrMike
High Time

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...It is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed.” (Romans 13:11, NKJV)

So many people today are living overwhelmed, exhausted and overburdened by the pressures of life. They’ve allowed themselves to live on autopilot, day in and day out, passive toward the things God has place in their hearts.

If that’s you, now is the time to get your fire back! Let me encourage you to press past the things that would try to hold you back. God is saying, “It’s high time to wake up.” Notice that phrasing. Not just time but high time. That means it’s incredibly important because you are coming into a destiny moment! You are sitting on the launching pad. God is about to thrust you to a new level! Now is not the time to be passive, sloppy or undisciplined. Now more than ever, it’s time to get focused and start moving forward!

Why is this so important? Just like the verse says, your salvation is nearer than it’s ever been. That means you are closer to seeing that dream come to pass than you’ve ever been. You are closer to meeting the right person, closer to that healing, closer to that breakthrough, promotion and provision. You may not be able to see it, but it can see you! Your victory is right around the corner. It’s high time to do what God is asking you to do so you can embrace the blessing He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your hand of blessing and mercy upon my life. Today I choose to rise up. I choose to shake off mediocrity so I can move forward into the blessing You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

07 Aug 2012 04:13 #576 by DrMike
One More Night with the Frogs

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Moses said to Pharaoh, ‘I leave to you the honor of setting the time for me to pray for you and your officials and your people that you and your houses may be rid of the frogs, except for those that remain in the Nile.’ ‘Tomorrow,’ Pharaoh said.” (Exodus 8:9–10, NIV)

When the people of Israel were in slavery to Pharaoh, God sent different plagues to try to convince him to let them go. One of the plagues was a plague of frogs! The people were so miserable that Pharaoh finally said, “Moses, we’ve learned our lesson. The Israelites may go. Please ask your God to take away these frogs.” Moses said, “I’ll do it, Pharaoh. When do you want it to happen?” You would think Pharaoh would say, “Right now!” But no, Pharaoh said, “Take them away tomorrow.” He was saying, “We can put up with these frogs just one more night.”

How many times do we do the same thing? “ I’m going to forgive, but I’m going to do it tomorrow. I’m going to have a better attitude. I’m going to quit worrying...tomorrow.” We’re saying like Pharaoh, “I can put up with this addiction, this mediocrity one more day.” No, our attitude should be, “I’m not going to spend one more night with the frogs, putting up with things that are not God’s best.”

Why don’t you start today? Today, make the change. Today, choose to forgive. Today, stop worrying. Today, get in shape. Today, take a step of faith. Shake off passivity and procrastination and get rid of anything that would hold you back!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I choose to release everything that has tried to hold me back. I release the past; I release bitterness; I release failures and missed opportunities. Instead, I embrace Your grace and power to boldly move forward into the blessing You have for me in Jesus’ name! Amen.

08 Aug 2012 03:45 #577 by DrMike
Power in His Word

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Your word have I laid up in my heart, that I might not sin against You” (Psalm 119:11, AMP)

Did you know that the Word of God has the power to protect you and keep you from doing the things you know you shouldn’t do? Hebrews tells us that the Word of God is living and active; it’s powerful in our lives. God communicates to us through His written Word, the Bible, and He communicates with us through His spoken Word which can come in many ways. In scripture, God spoke to people through a burning bush, a still small voice, and even a donkey. Today, He may speak to your heart through a friend, a worship song, or something in creation. One thing is for sure, when He does speak, your spirit knows it. There is confirmation in your inner man. God always speaks truth, and truth always sets you free!

God’s Word also protects you. When you hold His Word close to your heart, it acts like a shield around your heart. You hold His Word close to you by meditating on it, focusing on it, thinking about it and declaring it. As you allow His truth to sink into your spirit, it will empower you and change you. It will equip you to live the good life He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Word which strengthens and protects me. Thank You for speaking truth to my heart. Help me to hear Your voice more clearly that I may live a life pleasing to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

09 Aug 2012 03:59 #578 by DrMike
Take Off the Limits

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I have seen that everything [human] has its limits and end [no matter how extensive, noble, and excellent]; but Your commandment is exceedingly broad and extends without limits [into eternity].” (Psalm 119:96, AMP)

Did you know you can limit your life by dwelling on the wrong things? So often, wrong thinking keeps people stuck right where they are. If you think you’ll never accomplish your dreams, then you’ll stay stuck where you are. If you think you don’t have the talent, the connections or the funds, then you are limiting yourself.

We have to remember that God’s promises never return void. His Word stands true forever! Don’t limit what God can do in your life by focusing on what you see in the natural realm. You have to realize that you serve a supernatural God, and just because you don’t see a way doesn’t mean that God doesn’t have a way. God can bring one opportunity across your path that will thrust you to a whole new level. He has explosive blessings in store that can blast you out of where you are and into a place of abundance. If you’ll shift your focus from this limited realm and start looking at God’s supernatural realm, you’ll see His unlimited possibilities for your future. Take the limits off by setting your thoughts on what Almighty God can do in your life today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I lift my eyes to You. You alone are the source of my strength, peace and provision. I choose to delight myself in You knowing that You will give me the desires of my heart in Jesus’ name. Amen.

10 Aug 2012 03:50 #579 by DrMike
Plug In!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength.” (Isaiah 40:29, NKJV)

Everyone goes through seasons in life that seem overwhelming; times when you’ve felt drained of strength and power. But, you haven’t been left without hope. You haven’t been left without an answer. The God of heaven and earth is near you, and He promises to give you strength and might to overcome.

Where does this strength and power come from? It comes directly from Him. When you connect with Him, you are connecting to your power source. It’s like plugging a lamp into a light socket. You “plug in” through prayer, reading the Word and worshipping Him. You “turn on” the switch by the words of your mouth — by declaring what God says.

Remember, you don’t have to let the difficult times overwhelm you. Rise up and connect with Him because He is your source of strength! He promises to equip and empower you for victory in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your favor, strength and grace at work in my life. I turn my focus on You today. I turn my thoughts on You. I set my heart and love upon You because You are good. Thank You for filling me with might and power to overcome in Jesus’ name! Amen.

13 Aug 2012 04:09 #580 by DrMike
Moving Up Higher

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“You will arise and have mercy on Zion; for the time to favor her, yes, the set time, has come.” (Psalm 102:13, NKJV)

One thing I’ve learned in my life is that God likes to outdo Himself. His dream for your life is so much bigger than your own. His ways are higher, and He has an appointed time of favor for your life. He is going to take you places that you never thought possible. He is going to open up doors that you never have imagined. He’s going to bring talent out of you that you didn’t even know you had. This is the time to get excited about your future! It’s time to get your hopes up because you have been chosen by the Creator of the universe. Your destiny is not determined by the economy, how you were raised, or your education. Your destiny is determined by Almighty God.

Today, I want to encourage you to set your thoughts on things above. It’s time for you to move up higher to a new level. The good news is that God has already laid out victory before you. I declare that in the days ahead you’re going to stumble into it. Get ready because God is going to raise you up into the life of blessing He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for this day. Thank You for the good plan You have for me. I believe it is my time of set favor; it’s my time to rise higher; it’s my time to experience every breakthrough and every blessing You have in store for me in Jesus’ name! Amen.

Time to create page: 0.765 seconds