Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

04 Dec 2012 03:51 #651 by DrMike
The Journey of Preparation

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.” (Proverbs 16:9, NKJV)

Oftentimes, God will use our experiences in life as stepping stones to prepare us for what He has in store next. Scripture tells us that He’ll even take the things the enemy tries to bring against us and turn them around and use them for our good. He is always leading us on a journey of preparation.

That’s why it’s so important to keep our eyes focused on Him. We have to trust that when we are submitted to Him — even if we don’t understand — He is ordering our steps. If something is not happening on your timetable, remind yourself, “God knows what He is doing. He has my best interest at heart. God is preparing me.” While you’re waiting, don’t make the mistake of trying to figure everything out. If you’re constantly trying to figure things out, that will only frustrate you. Turn it over to God. Declare, “God, my times are in Your hands. I’m not going to worry because I trust that You are leading me on a journey of preparation for all the wonderful blessings You have in store for me.”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I trust that You are leading and guiding me. I trust that You are preparing me for all the wonderful blessings You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Dec 2012 03:48 #652 by DrMike
Divine Appointments

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps.” (Proverbs 16:9, NLT)

There are some people that God has placed in your life to help you reach your destiny. They may not know you very well, but they may introduce you to someone or put in a good word for you with someone you need to be connected with. They may have wisdom or advice that will thrust you forward in life. We have to remember that these divine appointments have been orchestrated by God Almighty.

Divine appointments aren’t always the people you would expect. In fact, oftentimes they are the people you don’t expect — a woman at the grocery store, an intern at the office, someone who may seem to be less influential. But, God can give anyone an idea. God can use anyone to make a connection. We should always be open to receive from others. We should always treat everyone we encounter with dignity, honor and respect. You never know who God is going to use in your life. So be open, be loving, be kind and sow good seeds that will open the doors to His divine appointments!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for ordering my steps. Thank You for divine appointments that keep me on the right path. Help me to discern the opportunities You have placed in front of me and see clearly Your hand guiding me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Do any of you care to share a divine appointment that you have had? Please e-mail me.

06 Dec 2012 04:35 #653 by DrMike
He Anoints You with Oil

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...You anoint my head with oil...” (Psalm 23:5, NKJV)

In the Bible, oil is symbolic of the anointing of God. Do you know what oil does? It makes things flow. Whenever there is friction or something gets stuck, putting oil on it makes it become more fluid. That’s what God wants to do for you. He wants to anoint your head with oil. When He does that, notice what David says in Psalm 23, “Because God anoints me, because I walk in His favor; surely, goodness and mercy will follow me everywhere I go.”

Friend, God’s anointing makes things easier. People will go out of their way to be good to you for no reason. You’re going to have creativity, wisdom and good ideas. God’s anointing on your life will cause the right doors to open. It will bring the right people across your path. It will make things go smoother. And the good news is, all you have to do is ask Him for it. Remember, He longs to be good to you. You can trust that His anointing will make things easier, and He will lead you into the abundant life He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your favor in my life today. Thank You for causing me to be at the right place at the right time. Anoint my head with Your oil so that I can move forward in the path You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

07 Dec 2012 03:54 #654 by DrMike
Reach Out

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” (Matthew 25:40, NIV)

The way to tell how mature you are is by the way you treat people who can’t do anything for you. We can all be kind to the boss. He may give us a promotion. We can all be friendly to the popular person at school. If they like us, everybody will be our friend. That’s easy. But if we’re going to live the way God intends, we’ve got to learn to be good to everyone. Jesus said, “When you do good to the least of these, you’re doing it unto Me.” When you go out of your way to befriend the person that everyone shuns, Jesus said, “It’s like you’re doing it unto Me.”

Instead of rushing by the parking lot attendant you see at work each day, why don’t you take time to see how they’re doing? That person at the office that others ignore, why don’t you reach out to them and share the love of Jesus? We build the kingdom of God one life at a time. Show love, show His goodness, tell people about salvation through Christ. As you reach out and help others, just like a boomerang, that help will come right back to you, and you’ll move forward into the blessing and destiny He has prepared for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I desire to always honor You. Help me to see the needs of the people around me. Help me to treat them the way You would treat them. Show me how to help others rise higher and sow good seeds into them in Jesus’ name. Amen.

10 Dec 2012 03:52 #655 by DrMike
The Day You’ve Been Waiting For

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.”
(Isaiah 43:19, NIV)

Have you ever found yourself waiting for something? Waiting for that promotion? Waiting for that relationship? Waiting for a breakthrough? Waiting for something new? Well, I’ve got good news for you: I believe today is the day you’ve been waiting for! I believe God is doing a new thing for you today.

Notice in today’s verse, the question is: Do you not perceive it? This tells me that God can be doing something in our lives, but if we are so focused on our circumstances, we can miss what God is doing. That’s why it’s so important to lift your eyes toward Him and declare His promises over your life. No matter what your circumstances look like, declare that God is at work. Declare victory, declare blessing, declare hope, and declare that today is the day that you’ve been waiting for!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for working in my life. I thank You that no weapon formed against me shall prosper. I declare that today is a new day, and You are going to do something special in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

What is it that you have been waiting for? What miracle would you like God to bless you with? This also is in a form of a prayer request.

11 Dec 2012 03:49 #656 by DrMike
Don’t Get Stuck in the Past

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.” (2 Corinthians 5:17, NKJV)

The very moment we receive Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we instantly become a new creation. Our spirits are made alive in Him, the old passes away, and His peace fills our hearts. Of course, everything in your life doesn’t change instantly. Some things do, but some things God will do in your life over time as you grow in your relationship with Him. The key is to keep moving forward in your spiritual journey one step at a time. Keep your eyes forward and don’t get stuck in the past.

Today, remember, God is at work in your life. You may not be where you want to be. You may have made some mistakes or had some setbacks. But remember, in Him, you are the righteousness of God. In Him, you are new. In Him is everything you need to have victory in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for making me new! Thank You for ordering and directing my steps. I trust that You are at work in my life transforming me into Your image. Keep me close to You as I put You first in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.

12 Dec 2012 03:52 #657 by DrMike
He Still Has a Plan

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“ ‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’ ” (Jeremiah 29:11, NIV)

The scripture tells us that without vision, people perish. If you don’t have a dream or vision for your life, then you’re not really going to reach your fullest potential. Maybe at one time you had a dream, but you went through some disappointments or setbacks. Things didn’t turn out the way you planned. But here’s a key: when one dream dies, dream another dream. Just because it didn’t work out the way you had it planned doesn’t mean that God doesn’t have another plan. You cannot allow one disappointment or even a series of disappointments to convince you that your dream is over. It’s time to dig your heals in and hold on to the promises in your heart. Stir up those God-given dreams today and watch Him pour out His favor and blessing upon you and fulfill every desire in your heart!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I come humbly to You. I give You my past, my disappointments, my brokenness. Fill me with Your hope and expectation and give me the dreams and desires that You have in store for my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

13 Dec 2012 04:09 #658 by DrMike
Beauty for Ashes

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“He will give: beauty for ashes; joy instead of mourning; praise instead of heaviness.” (Isaiah 61:3, TLB)

Everyone has experienced hurt and disappointment. We’ve all been burnt by life. But God doesn’t want us to sit in the ashes of the past; He wants to trade our brokenness for healing. He wants to give us beauty for our ashes. The key is that we have to be willing to give up the ashes in order to receive the beauty. You can’t have both because the old has to go before the new can come.

Today, are you willing to trust Him with your past hurts? Are you willing to let go of the pain, to forgive others and yourself so you can move forward in freedom? Don’t waste another day sitting in the ashes. The past is over, but your future remains. Let God give you joy instead of mourning, and let Him make something beautiful out of the ashes of your life today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

God, thank You for promising to sweep away the ashes of my past and give me something beautiful in their place. I choose to give them up to You and receive Your healing and restoration in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Are there hurts that you would like prayer for, send me your prayer requests and the COFA prayer team will pray for you.

14 Dec 2012 03:49 #659 by DrMike
Forget the Former Things

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.” (Isaiah 43:18, NIV)

Too often, people spend so much time and energy dwelling on the past, dwelling on mistakes, or dwelling on disappointments. They don’t even realize that their focus is keeping them from moving forward in life. But in order to fully experience God’s blessings, you have to let go of those past hurts; you have to forget the former things to make room for the new.

God has a new beginning in store for you, and the way you prepare for it is by getting rid of the old. Don’t spend time focusing on where you’ve been; spend time focusing on where you’re going. When you “forget the former things,” it means you’re not worried about the past anymore. You don’t allow it to dictate your future. You may remember past events, but you don’t feel the pain like you used to. You’ve opened your heart to receive God’s healing. Begin today by declaring that your past is over! Forget the former things and receive the restoration and victory God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the life of blessing and victory You have prepared for me. I choose to forget the past. I choose to forgive. I choose to open my heart to You and receive everything You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

17 Dec 2012 03:53 #660 by DrMike
A Person of Understanding

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The purposes of a man’s heart are deep waters, but a man of understanding draws them out.” (Proverbs 20:5, NIV)

Did you know that right now you are equipped with everything you need to fulfill your passion and purpose in this life? Everything you need is on the inside of you — like deep waters. God leads you and draws those things out of you when you stay open and humble before Him. You draw those things out when you are submitted to His Word. You draw them out by declaring His truth over your life. That’s what makes you a person of understanding — because you understand and apply God’s principles!

Proverbs also tells us that a person of understanding delights in wisdom. A person of understanding is even-tempered. A person of understanding is not easily led astray and maintains peace and order. (Prov. 10:23; 15:21; 17:27; 28:2)

Don’t just live on the surface of life today. Be a person of understanding and draw from the resources that God has placed on the inside of you. As you keep your heart open by obeying the Word of God, His purposes will become clearer, and you will live in the abundant life God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for equipping me with everything I need to be a success in life. I choose to humbly submit my life to You and obey Your Word. Thank You for revealing Your plans and purposes for me today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.477 seconds