Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

01 Jan 2013 04:27 #671 by DrMike
The New Has Come

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Corinthians 5:17, NIV)

As a believer in Jesus, you are a new creation. You have a new spirit and a new life! There may be “old” things in your life that you are trying to get rid of. Maybe you have old habits or addictions that you want to change. Remember today that the new has come. It’s a new year with new opportunities, and it’s time for you to be the new you. Let this be the year that you break old habits and addictions. Let this be the year that you move forward into a new life of victory. Let this be the year that you take hold of all the spiritual blessings the Lord has promised — peace, health, protection and victory.

Be encouraged today because no matter what is happening in your life right now, you have a chance for a new beginning. Choose to leave the old behind — leave behind old behaviors, old thinking, old words, and old mindsets and embrace the new by faith. Trust that He is leading you, and this year, declare His Word and embrace the blessings that He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for making me new. I choose today to leave behind the old life and ask that You empower me by Your spirit. Help me to understand Your plan and know the truth of Your Word that sets me free in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jan 2013 03:09 #672 by DrMike
He Withholds No Good Thing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.” (Psalm 84:11, NIV)

What do you need from the Lord today? Do you need peace, provision or guidance? The Word of God promises that no good thing will He withhold from those who walk blamelessly before Him. Now you may be thinking, “ I’m not perfect. How can I have a blameless walk?” The Good News is that when you receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you automatically have a new, blameless walk. The past is erased in God’s eyes. And sure, you may make mistakes from time to time, but 1 John 1:9 says, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

Understand today that God wants to pour His favor and honor on you. If you feel like there is anything in your life that you need to be cleansed from, go to the Father today and confess it to Him. Let Him make you new so that you can receive the good things He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me and choosing to pour out Your favor and blessing on me today. Thank You for giving me a new beginning and making me blameless in Your eyes. Search my heart today and lead me in the way everlasting in Jesus’ name. Amen.

04 Jan 2013 01:09 #673 by DrMike
Wise Men Continually Seek Him

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.” (Proverbs 9:10, NIV)

After Jesus was born, the Bible tells us that Wise Men came from the East to bow before Him and worship Him. They went to great lengths just to get a glimpse of the child and traveled a long distance for many months, following the star. When they saw Him, they were so overwhelmed. The scripture says they fell on their faces to honor and worship Him.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. That means that we should have a reverential honor and respect for Him — just like the Wise Men did. We are wise when we set everything else in life aside in order to seek Him. We are wise when we worship Him and give Him everything that we are. We are wise when we take time to honor Him. Remember, God is a rewarder of the people who diligently seek after Him. As you continue to put Him first in all you do, you’ll increase in wisdom and discernment, and you’ll move forward into the life of blessing He has in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I choose wisdom by choosing to honor You. I put You first in my heart, my mind, my emotions and my actions. Show me Your ways that I may walk with You and acknowledge You in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.

07 Jan 2013 07:03 #674 by DrMike
Your Absolute Best

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And on going into the house, they saw the Child with Mary His mother, and they fell down and worshiped Him. Then opening their treasure bags, they presented to Him gifts — gold and frankincense and myrrh.” (Matthew 2:11 AMP)

Can you imagine what it must have been like for the Wise Men when they saw Jesus? He was just a child in a stable surrounded by animals, but these Wise Men recognized that He was the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords; the Savior of the world. Immediately, they fell on their faces to worship Him, but notice what they did next — they presented Him gifts as part of their worship. And they didn’t just give any old thing they had; they gave Him their absolute best — costly gold, frankincense and myrrh.

When we give Jesus our absolute best — our time, talent and resources, it is truly an act of worship. We are saying with our actions, “God, You mean more to me than anything. Because You are so awesome, I want to give You everything that I am.”’ It pleases Him when we come to Him with this attitude. When we draw near to Him with an open and humble heart, He draws near to us. Remember to always give Him your best and watch Him open doors of blessing in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I come humbly to You today giving You all that I am. I honor You as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I bless You because You are worthy of my absolute best in Jesus’ name. Amen.

08 Jan 2013 07:24 #675 by DrMike
His Goodness Leads You to Him

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...the goodness of God leads you to repentance.” (Romans 2:4, NKJV)

In the natural, when we’ve wronged someone, sometimes it’s easier to avoid them than to face the discomfort or potential rejection. It isn’t surprising that people sometimes have this same approach to God. Have you ever heard someone say, “If I walk into a church, the roof will cave in?” They think they should keep their distance because of what they’ve done. But nothing could be further from the truth! God’s not mad at you; He’s madly in love with you! He’s waiting for you with open arms. It doesn’t matter who you are or what you’ve done; know that His goodness is what’s drawing you to Him.

Today, don’t let condemnation keep you from turning to God. Trust His kindness. Trust that He wants you to experience His goodness. He wants to show you His faithfulness. He’s promised He’ll never leave you nor forsake you. Turn to Him today and let Him pour His loving kindness on you and empower you to walk in victory all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me. Thank You for Your kindness that draws me. I come to You today giving You all that I am. Make me new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

09 Jan 2013 09:08 #676 by DrMike
Look Straight Ahead

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you.” (Proverbs 4:25, NIV)

What are you looking at today? Not in the natural, but with your spiritual eyes. In other words, what is in the forefront of your mind and in your heart? Are you constantly dwelling on your problems or things that have happened in your past?

In the natural, you will move in the direction that your eyes are looking. In the spiritual, it works the same way. Whatever you focus your mind and heart on, you will move toward. That’s why today’s verse tells us to look straight ahead. If you are constantly dwelling on your problems or things in your past, wondering “what if,” then you will stay right where you are. But if you choose to forgive and release the past, then you can focus on what is ahead of you, and you’ll begin to move forward.

God doesn’t want you to live in the past. He wants you to keep growing and moving forward. Make the decision to meditate on His goodness and focus on His promises. Look straight ahead so you can see His blessing and move forward into the life of victory He has promised you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I set my focus on You. I choose to forget the past by forgiving others so that I can look straight ahead to Your promises. I ask that You direct my heart on the path of life that You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

10 Jan 2013 04:30 #677 by DrMike
Heaven’s Currency

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And whatever you ask for in prayer, having faith and [really] believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:22, AMP)

In the natural realm, we exchange money for the things we want and need. But in the spiritual realm, faith is what we exchange. The Bible tells us that when you pray, have faith, and you will receive it. Faith moves mountains. Faith pleases God. Faith is what opens doors. What is faith? It’s believing in God and His goodness. It’s knowing that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Faith is believing that the promises of God are true. It’s obeying His Word. It’s what causes you to act.

Where does faith come from? Scripture tells us that everyone is given a measure of faith; that faith grows by hearing the Word of God. Simply put, the more you hear the Word of God, the more real it becomes in your life and the easier it is to believe His promises.

It doesn’t matter how much faith you have today, begin growing your faith by choosing to obey God’s Word. As you hear and obey the Word, your faith will strengthen, and you will receive what you've been believing for in Jesus’ name!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your Word which causes my faith to grow. I open my heart to You and invite You to have Your way in my life. Show me Your goodness and faithfulness as I put my trust in You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

COFA's Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at . if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at .

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

We would like to hear praise reports on how God has answered your prayer requests. That would be awesome for the prayer ministry.
Send your prayer requests to . 24/7

Remember you're not alone, send your prayer requests to . were here for you!

11 Jan 2013 03:34 #678 by DrMike
Honor the Lord with Your Body

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“You were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.” (1 Corinthians 6:20, NIV)

Scripture says that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, and we are to honor the Lord with our bodies. How do you do that? You take care of it. You respect it. You treat it as valuable. You use your body to bring Him glory. When you stand strong against temptation, you are honoring the Lord with your body. When you take care of yourself by eating properly and getting enough sleep, you are honoring the Lord with your body. You are saying, “Lord, thank You for this gift of life. I am choosing to take care of myself so that I can serve You with my whole heart, mind and strength.”

As we enter into the new year, many people make new goals about their health. Let this be an encouragement to you to stay on track with good habits. As you honor the Lord with your body, you will be strengthened and empowered by His peace. You’ll be able to stand against temptation and embrace the good things He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I commit to honor You with my body. Thank You for the gift of life. Thank You for empowering me against temptation. Show me the plan You have for me today so that I can honor You in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.

14 Jan 2013 03:54 #679 by DrMike
Your Ever-Present Help

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” (Psalm 46:1, NIV)

God is always with you. That means He is present at all times, continually, perpetually, throughout all time. In your day of trouble, He promises to be a help to you. How is He your help? “Help” means something different to each person. That’s because “help” is specific to your need. If you need money to pay your bills, a chocolate cake isn’t going to be much help! But we serve a God who is very specific. And because He is always with you, He always knows exactly what you need and is always ready to provide it!

Today, are you facing trouble or adversity? Know that God is with you. Look to Him for help. Trust that He has the answer, and that He is working things out in your favor. As you continue to believe Him and follow His direction, He will lead you in the way that you should go. He will comfort you, revive you, restore you and bless you! He will be your ever-present help because He is forever faithful to His Word!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for being my ever-present help. I trust today that You are with me, that You are comforting me and restoring my soul. I lift my eyes to You this day. Help me to follow Your commands and honor You as You direct my steps in Jesus’ name. Amen.

15 Jan 2013 03:32 #680 by DrMike
True Comfort

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you...” (Isaiah 66:13, NIV)

Oftentimes when people face challenges, their natural tendency is to seek comfort in things that are familiar. It may be work, an activity or relationships; and of course, we all know about “comfort food.” But, those things only bring temporary comfort. True comfort is only found in a relationship with Jesus.

According to Webster’s dictionary, comfort means to give strength and hope; to ease grief or trouble. No matter what difficulty you may be facing today, God wants to bring you comfort. Like a mother cares for her child, He longs to give you strength, hope and confidence. Turn to Him. Receive His love. Let go of things that would hold you back. Let Him heal your heart and give you strength for the future. Let Him empower you to rise up and overcome every obstacle in Jesus’ name!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I come to You today and invite You to fill my whole being. Give me Your comfort and strength and empower me by Your Holy Spirit to live in the victory You have planned for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds