Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

05 Mar 2013 03:46 #711 by DrMike
Exceptional Favor

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The path of the [uncompromisingly] just and righteous is like the light of dawn, that shines more and more (brighter and clearer) until [it reaches its full strength and glory in] the perfect day...” (Proverbs 4:18, AMP)

We all face challenges. We all have obstacles to overcome. But if we can keep the right perspective, it will help us stay in faith so that we can move forward into victory. You may feel right now like the challenges that you face are too big or too overwhelming. One thing I’ve learned is that average people have average problems. Ordinary people have ordinary challenges. But remember, you’re not average. You’re not ordinary. You are extraordinary. God breathed His life into you. You are exceptional, and exceptional people face exceptional difficulties. But, the good news is that we serve an exceptional God! He’ll pour out His exceptional grace, exceptional wisdom and exceptional favor!

When you have an extraordinary problem; instead of being discouraged, be encouraged knowing that you’re an extraordinary person and have an extraordinary future. Your path is shining brighter and brighter. You are on an extraordinary path. Keep standing in faith, keep declaring victory over your future, keep declaring His promises. Keep declaring that you are moving forward into the exceptional favor the Lord has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I lift my eyes to You. I know that You are the One who helps me and has given me an extraordinary future. I choose to stand in faith today knowing that You have a wonderful plan in store for me in Jesus’ name! Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Mar 2013 03:59 #712 by DrMike
Press toward the Promise

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.” (Hebrews 6:12, ESV)

Are you feeling discouraged about something you’ve been asking God for? Focus on the fact that through faith and patience, you will see God’s promises come to pass in your life. Understand that the enemy always fights the hardest when he knows you are closest to your breakthrough. He’d leave you alone if he thought you were going to live in mediocrity. If you keep pressing on toward your promise, through faith and patience, you will get there. Don’t be like the Israelites in the Old Testament who were right next to their promised land when they talked themselves out of it. They said, “There are giants in the land. It’s too difficult.” No, don’t look at the obstacles in your life today. Lift up your eyes because you serve Almighty God. Follow the example of Abraham who believed God even when his circumstances looked impossible. Remember, God rewards the people who seek after Him. Stand in faith and keep believing because this year, things are shifting in your favor. As you press toward the promise, you will see God’s hand of favor and blessing, and you’ll live in the victory He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I come to You today choosing to believe Your promises. Fill me with Your faith and patience to press through to victory. I give You all the glory in Jesus’ name. Amen.

07 Mar 2013 03:16 #713 by DrMike
Before Your Eyes

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I will set no base or wicked thing before my eyes...” (Psalm 101:3, AMP)

In this Psalm, David was determined to honor the Lord with his mind. David knew that what he watched would affect his thinking. If he didn’t guard his mind by choosing carefully what he looked at, he would be drawn to do things that weren’t pleasing to the Lord.

The same is true for us today. If we are watching things on TV or reading things in books or magazines that aren’t pleasing to the Lord, we are opening a door to the enemy. When we look on things that aren’t pleasing to the Lord, a stronghold is built in our thinking. We become enslaved to those wrong thoughts. But, God has given us the power to break those strongholds through the blood of Jesus Christ!

If you are struggling with thoughts that you don’t want anymore, today, you can be free. First, receive His forgiveness and make the choice to change what you are looking at. Let the Lord wash you clean and strengthen you by His Spirit. Focus your thoughts on His Word and do not let any wicked thing before your eyes. As you determine to honor the Lord, He will empower you by His Spirit so you can live in freedom and victory all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to honor You with my mind. I choose to guard my eyes and not watch anything that isn’t pleasing to You. I ask that You set me free of every stronghold so that I can live in peace, joy and victory in Jesus’ name. Amen.

08 Mar 2013 08:02 #714 by DrMike
The Lord Will Fight for You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace and remain at rest.” (Exodus 14:14, AMP)

In life, we’re always going to have critics. We’ll always have difficult people who try to upset us and steal our peace and joy. But, you don’t have to respond to every critic. You can decide to take the high road and let God fight your battles for you.

Sometimes, no matter what you say or do, there are people who aren’t going to accept you. They just don’t want to be at peace with you. In fact, when Jesus sent out His disciples to certain homes, He told them to always speak peace over those homes. And then He said in effect, “If they don’t receive the peace that you’re offering, then it will come back to you.” That tells me that if you will do your best to be at peace with people, even if they won’t take your peace, that peace will just come back to you. You’ll not only get your peace, but you’ll get their share as well! That’s double for your trouble! When you do the right thing no matter what is happening, God sees it and rewards it.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I choose to hold my peace. I choose to do the right thing even when the wrong thing is happening. I trust that You are fighting my battles for me. I give You all the honor and praise in Jesus’ name. Amen.

11 Mar 2013 03:40 #715 by DrMike
Thank Him in Advance

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines...Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.” (Habakkuk 3:17–18, NKJV)

We all have dreams and goals that God has placed in our hearts, things we’re believing for, situations we’re praying will turn around. These promises start off like seeds. They don’t come to pass overnight. There’s always a period of waiting involved. From the time we pray till the time we see it come to fulfillment, that’s called the trial of our faith. This is when many people get discouraged and give up. They start believing the negative thoughts, “It’s never going to happen. It’s taken too long.” Now, that seed is lying there dormant, but it’s still alive. It still has potential. You have to do your part and start watering the seed. The way you water it is by thanking God in advance and declaring His Word. You can’t wait until you receive the promise. You have to thank God that the answer is on the way!

Today, no matter what you are facing, know that God is greater than all of it. He has the answer and is working for your good behind the scenes. All through the day say, “Father, thank You that whatever I touch prospers and succeeds. Thank You that Your favor surrounds me like a shield.” Thank God in advance, water those seeds of faith, and take hold of every promise He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to rejoice in You. No matter what my circumstances look like, I know You are greater than my circumstances. I trust that You are working behind the scenes to fulfill every one of Your promises in Jesus’ name. Amen.

12 Mar 2013 03:53 #716 by DrMike
Praise and Strength

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.” (Psalm 28:7, NIV)

Praise and strength go hand in hand. When you give God praise, He gives you strength. When you thank God in advance for the answer, that’s what keeps you encouraged.

Remember, you’re not going to stay strong in faith by complaining. Complaining drains you of strength and energy. You’re not going to stay determined if you’re talking about how bad it is. No, switch over into praise. “Business may be slow, but Lord, I want to thank You that You prosper me even in a desert.” “The people coming against me may be powerful, but Lord, I want to thank You that You are all-powerful.” Praise will keep you moving forward!

So often we think, “I’ll give God praise after the problem turns around.” But if you don’t learn this principle to thank God in advance, you won’t have the strength you need to wait for the promise. Every morning when you wake up, start the day by saying, “Father, thank You that my dreams are coming to pass. Thank You that this problem is turning around. Thank You that You are bigger than this obstacle.” Keep praising Him and keep receiving His strength so you can boldly embrace the victory He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I give You praise because You are worthy. Thank You for working in my life even when I can’t see it. I bless You and receive Your strength today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

13 Mar 2013 03:33 #717 by DrMike
As You Wait

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Dear brothers and sisters, be patient as you wait for the Lord’s return. Consider the farmers who patiently wait for the rains in the fall and in the spring. They eagerly look for the valuable harvest to ripen.” (James 5:7, NLT)

God has put dreams and desires in every person’s heart. But most times, there’s a season of waiting involved. Maybe you’re waiting for a relationship to improve; waiting to get married; waiting for a promotion, or waiting to overcome an illness. Much of life is spent waiting. But there’s a right way to wait and a wrong way to wait. Too often, when things don’t happen on our timetable, we get down and discouraged or anxious and fretful. That’s because we’re not waiting the right way.

Notice that today’s verse doesn’t say if you wait; it says as you wait. The fact is that we’re all going to wait. It goes on to say that we should consider how the farmer waits — patiently and eagerly. We’re not supposed to sit around and be discouraged; we’re supposed to be hopeful, positive and full of expectancy!

Today, no matter what you are praying for, expect things to change in your favor. Today could be the day that God turns it all around. As you wait with patience and expectancy, you’ll open the door for God to move. He’ll fight your battles, and you’ll see that abundant harvest He’s promised in every area of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to wait expectantly for You. I trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I put my trust and hope in You knowing that You have good things in store for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.

14 Mar 2013 03:59 #718 by DrMike
Where Strength and Joy are Found

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Honor and majesty are [found] in His presence; strength and joy are [found] in His sanctuary.” (1 Chronicles 16:27, AMP)

Do you need more strength and joy in your life? The Bible tells us that in God’s presence there is fullness of joy — the most abundant and complete! And when you have His joy, you have His supernatural strength. There’s nothing that can come against you when you are filled with the strength and joy of the Lord.

Notice this verse says that strength and joy are found in His sanctuary. One translation says they are found “where He is.” And do you know “where He is?” His Spirit is alive in every believer, but in His Word He promises that He inhabits, or manifests, in the praises of His people. That means when you begin to praise and worship God, either corporately in a church setting or privately in your personal time, God is there. You are in His sanctuary. Anytime you feel depleted or overwhelmed, just begin to sing a song of praise to Him. Declare His goodness and faithfulness. Draw near to Him, and He will draw near to you. He’ll fill you with His joy and strength so that you can live as an overcomer all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I bless You today. I thank You for Your goodness in my life. Thank You for filling me with Your strength and joy. I praise and worship You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

15 Mar 2013 03:45 #719 by DrMike
Preprogrammed for Victory!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.” (1 John 5:5, NIV)

Did you know that you are preprogrammed for victory? As a child of the Most High God, you are filled with His conquering power. You are filled with the power to overcome all the negative, self-defeating forces of the world. Do you know what that power is? It’s you’re faith. When you activate your faith, you are tapping into His unlimited strength. You are opening the door for Him to move supernaturally in your life.

Understand that faith causes you to live your life differently. It causes you to speak and act differently than before. When things come against you, instead of complaining and giving up, faith causes you to rise up and say, “No weapon formed against me shall prosper. I am able to do all things through Christ who gives me strength!” Faith causes you to obey God’s Word and do the right thing even when the wrong thing is happening. When you choose to live the life of faith, you are choosing God’s best. You are choosing blessing. You are choosing to allow His conquering power to flow through every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for filling me with Your conquering power. I choose to live in faith and declare Your promises over my life. I choose to follow Your Word. I choose Your ways knowing that You have good plans for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

18 Mar 2013 04:00 #720 by DrMike
A Flood is Coming

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...He sends forth [rains], and they overwhelm the land or transform it.” (Job 12:15, AMP)

Sometimes on the news, the weather person will announce that we’re under a Flash Flood Warning. That means conditions are ripe for possible flooding. Water could get out of its normal boundaries. It could overflow and increase in such a way that drainage and bayous are overwhelmed.

Just like that weather person, I’m here to announce to you today that you’re under a Flash Flood Warning. Conditions are just right. You’ve honored God. You’ve been faithful. You’ve passed the test. Now God is saying, “There’s about to be a flood, but not with water. You’re going to see a flood of My goodness, a flood of opportunity, a flood of healing, a flood of good breaks to where you are overwhelmed with God’s favor. It’s beyond your expectations. It puts you into overflow.” Today, get ready! Get your expectancy up. Be on the lookout for His goodness because a flood of favor is coming your way!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for flooding me with Your goodness, favor and mercy. I set my heart and mind on You today, and I’m ready to receive every blessing You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.996 seconds