Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

01 May 2013 04:09 #751 by DrMike
Let Go of the Wrong Relationships

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not be misled: ‘Bad company corrupts good character.’ ” (1 Corinthians 15:33, NIV)

Do you ever get around a certain person and feel an uneasiness or an unrest? Something inside says, “Stay away. That’s trouble.” Those are not just bad vibes. That’s the Holy Spirit warning you. It may be small, but it can keep you from a big heartache. You might say, “Well, if I don’t hang out with them, I may not have any friends.” No, God will give you new friends. He will give you better friends. The key is: if you don’t let go of the wrong people, the right people won’t show up. This is not talking about a relationship already committed in marriage, but relationships outside of marriage. God doesn’t force us to let go of wrong relationships. He has given us our own free will. But when God asks you to give something up, He is never trying to take something away. He is trying to get something better to you. As we obey Him, we grow and mature which opens the door for more of His blessings and favor.

Remember, bad company corrupts good character. Let go of friends or influences that you know are dragging you down. Trust God to bring the right people and connections across your path. Let go of wrong relationships and move forward in the blessing He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for directing my steps. I ask that You help me choose right relationships. Give me courage to let go of the wrong relationships so I can make room for the right people You have ordained for my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 May 2013 03:36 #752 by DrMike
Passing the Small Tests

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.” (James 4:17, NIV)

Many people expect the voice of God to boom like a loudspeaker, but scripture tells us that He speaks in a still, small voice. To us, it seems like an impression inside.

We think, “I know I should go visit my parents. I know I shouldn’t eat so many sweets. I know I should stay home and do my schoolwork.” The “I knows” are God talking to you. Don’t ignore it. Learn to be quick to obey.

A lot of times we know what we should do, but we make excuses and reason it out. “I’ll do it later. I’m busy now.” But, we have to understand God doesn’t ask us to do it for His sake. He asks us to do it for our own sake. I’ve learned that before God will release big blessings, He will give you small tests. Too often we dismiss it and think, “Oh, that’s no big deal.” But if you don’t pass these small tests, it will keep you from the big things God has in store.

Today, don’t put off the little things that you know you should be doing any longer. Take a step of faith and obey Him. As you’re faithful in the little things and pass the small tests, He’ll lead you into the greater things He has in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for speaking to my heart. Thank You for leading me in the path of blessing. I choose to obey You in the small things. I desire to pass the small tests so You can trust me with the greater things You have prepared in Jesus’ name. Amen.

03 May 2013 03:49 #753 by DrMike
Little Things Mean a Lot

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much...” (Luke 16:10, NIV)

In scripture, the prophet Elisha told a man named Naaman to go wash in the Jordan River and he would be cured of his leprosy. Naaman was the Captain of an army, a very influential man. He didn’t want to go wash in the dirty Jordan River. His attitude was, “That’s absurd. That’s little. That’s insignificant. That’s not going to make any difference.” His assistant said, “Naaman, if he would have asked you to do something hard, something big, you would do it. Why don’t you do this small thing?” Naaman finally went and washed in the Jordan, and he was totally healed.

I wonder how many of us would see our breakthrough, our healing, our promotion, or a dream come to pass if we would just do the small thing that God is asking us to do. People think, “Oh, it doesn’t really matter. I’ll do it one day.” But realize today, those little things mean a lot. They are keeping you from the fullness of your destiny. It may be something small, but your act of obedience will cause God to release the big thing that He has in store.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I turn my heart and mind toward You right now. Search me; know me. Show me any areas of my life where I have not been obedient to You. I commit to follow You in the big things and the little things so that I can live the blessed life You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

06 May 2013 04:00 #754 by DrMike
Obey Quickly

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...To obey is better than sacrifice...” (1 Samuel 15:22, NIV)

One of the best things I’ve learned in life is to obey God quickly. When God asks you to do it, do it right then. When God told David to go face Goliath, the Bible says David ran to the battlefield. Do you know why? If David would have thought about it long enough, he would have talked himself out of it. If he had gone over all the facts, figures, how much bigger Goliath was, how much more experience he had, David would have lost his courage and missed his destiny.

When God asks you to do something, don’t overanalyze it. Don’t reason it out. If you think about it too long, you can miss your destiny. Don’t think, “Why should I buy their dinner? They’ve got more than I do.” Or “Why should I apologize? I apologized first last time.” Or, “Why should I be good to them? They’re not being good to me.” No, quit making excuses. Quit reasoning it out. Quit thinking that you heard God wrong and just do it. Learn to be quick to obey and open the door for the blessing God has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to obey You quickly. I trust that You are good and desire good things for me. Thank You for ordering my steps. Thank You for protecting me. Thank You doing a work in me and through me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

08 May 2013 03:56 #755 by DrMike
Harvest is Coming

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase and the trees of the field yield their fruit.” (Leviticus 26:4, AMP)

God has set up seasons in our lives. It’s easy to get frustrated when our dreams aren’t coming to pass on our timetable, but every season is not harvest season. There are plowing seasons. There are planting seasons. There are watering seasons. Sure, we would love for every season to be a time of increase left and right, good breaks here and there. But without the other seasons, we wouldn’t be prepared. For example, it’s during the plowing seasons that God brings issues to light that we need to deal with. He’s getting us prepared for promotion.

If you’re not making as much progress as you would like, the key is to not lose any ground. Don’t go backwards. Hold your position. Keep a good attitude and do the right thing even when it’s hard. When you do that, you are passing the test, and God promises that your due season of harvest is coming. Be encouraged because your appointed time of increase, favor and promotion is on its way, and He will fulfill every dream and desire He’s placed within your heart. Remember, harvest is coming!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I bless You today. I thank You for preparing me for the blessing and promotion You have in my future. I surrender my heart, mind, will and emotions to You so that I can live as a testimony of Your work in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

09 May 2013 09:09 #756 by DrMike
He Makes Everything New

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“He who was seated on the throne said, ‘I am making everything new!’...” (Revelation 21:5, NIV)

Can you remember the time when you first discovered a big dream in your heart? Maybe you were determined to excel in your career, excel as a parent, or even excel in your walk with the Lord. You probably started out strong, but maybe things got a little difficult and didn’t happen as quickly as you would have liked. At that point many people decide, “Let’s just settle here. It’s not exactly what we wanted, but at least, it’s good enough.”

Friend, I want to remind you today that you were made for more than good enough! Maybe things haven’t worked out the way you planned, but now is not the time to stop and settle. Now is the time to dig your heals in and begin again. And even if that dream has died — it’s time to dream another dream. God has so much for you in your future.

If you’ve settled in any area of your life, take that first step by lifting your eyes to the Father. Let Him renew your strength. Let Him make things new in your life. Trust that His Word is directing your steps. Thank Him and worship Him because He is making all things new in your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for this new day. Thank You for the opportunity to begin again. I choose to press forward and keep believing for the dreams and desires You’ve placed in my heart. I trust You today with everything that I am in Jesus’ name. Amen.

10 May 2013 03:51 #757 by DrMike
Get Ready for the New

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise, the new wine will burst the skins; the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined.” (Luke 5:37, NIV)

Are you ready for a new chapter in your life? Sometimes, in order to move forward into the blessing God has for you, you have to be willing to let go of the old. The things that are behind you are not nearly as important as what is out in front of you. It’s time to get ready for the new!

You may have had some unfair things happen, things that you don’t understand; but let me tell you, you have come too far to stop now. Instead of allowing those things to hold you back, why don’t you let go and take a step of faith into the new? It’s time to get a new, bigger vision; it’s time to get a new, fresher outlook; it’s time to rise up with a new attitude! Instead of settling where you are, pick up and move forward. Have the attitude that says, “I may not understand it; it may not have been fair, but I am not getting stuck on this page. I know God has a new chapter for me — a chapter filled with blessings, favor and victory!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Today, I choose to trust You with my past, present and future. Give me wisdom to discern the seasons of my life and teach me to embrace the new things You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

13 May 2013 03:49 #758 by DrMike
Hope in the Lord

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“So Moses told the people of Israel what the LORD had said, but they refused to listen anymore. They had become too discouraged by the brutality of their slavery.” (Exodus 6:9, NLT)

When you hear that “God wants to bring you out better,” does something come alive in your spirit? Something that says, “Yes, this is for me. I have not seen my best days. God has greater things in my future”?

Maybe you want to believe, but like the Israelites, you’ve been burdened down by adversity, trials and cares of this life. Maybe your mind has tried to talk you out of it saying, “This is not for you. You never get any good breaks. You’ll never be healthy. You’ll never be successful.” No, do yourself a favor. At least temporarily, turn your mind off and receive what God is saying. You may have gone through a loss, but God is going to bring you out better — promoted, increased, healthier, stronger and wiser.

Scripture tells us to cast our cares on the Lord because He cares for us. He doesn’t want us to carry a heavy load, discouraged and overwhelmed by things He already has the answer to. Don’t look at your circumstances; look to Jesus. Put your hope in Him. He is the author and finisher of your faith, and He will bring you out better and stronger than ever before!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I cast my cares on You. I put my faith and hope in You. I believe that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf, and I give You all the praise and thanks as I wait with expectancy for Your goodness in Jesus’ name. Amen.

14 May 2013 03:54 #759 by DrMike
He’ll Make Up for Lost Time

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten...” (Joel 2:25, NIV)

Friend, God knows how to make up for years you’ve lost in your life. No, you can’t relive your childhood, but God can make the rest of your life so rewarding, so fulfilling that you don’t even miss what didn’t happen in the past. You may feel like you wasted years in a relationship that didn’t work out.

But God can bring somebody into your life so great, so fun, so friendly, so attractive that you don’t even remember the years that you’ve lost. You may have spent years on a job that turned out to be a dead end. You were working your way to the top; things didn’t turn out like you had hoped, and now it looks like there’s a big waste of time. You may not see how you could ever get to where you want to be, but don’t believe those lies. God knows how to make up for lost time. God can accelerate things. God can bring opportunities back across your path that you missed that will thrust you years ahead. It may not have happened the first time, but God will always give you another chance. He’ll make up for the lost time and bring you out better and stronger than ever before!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, You are my Redeemer. Thank You for Your promise to restore to me the years that have been lost or wasted. I receive Your promise by faith. I put my trust and hope in You and believe that my best days are out ahead of me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

16 May 2013 04:01 #760 by DrMike
Ask Big

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...you do not have because you do not ask.” (James 4:2, NKJV)

I wonder today how many people have been disappointed simply because they didn’t pray and ask God for the big things in their hearts. You might say, “Well, God is God. If He wants to bless me, He will bless me.” But no, it says in James 4:2, “You have not because you ask not.” If you’re not asking big, you are shortchanging yourself.

You will never reach the fullness of your potential if you only pray small prayers. I’m not talking about just making a wish list and praying every whim. I’m talking about asking God for what He has already promised you. The scripture says, “When you walk in God’s ways, you will lend and not borrow. With long life God will satisfy you. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” There are hundreds of promises that you have every right to pray and ask God to bring to pass; not only that, there are specific dreams and desires that God has placed in your heart. They didn’t just randomly show up. The Creator of the universe put them in you. Dare to ask and ask big — and watch what God will do in your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I dare to ask You to fulfill the promises You have placed in my heart. I believe that You are willing. I believe that You are able, and I believe that You are working things together for my good as I put my hope and trust in You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.781 seconds