Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

31 May 2013 04:09 #771 by DrMike
Receive Double

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Instead of your shame you shall have double honor, and instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion. Therefore in their land they shall possess double; everlasting joy shall be theirs.” (Isaiah 61:7, NKJV)

In the Old Testament when this scripture was written, God’s people were going through a very dark time. They were being held captive and mistreated by other nations. God sent this word to encourage them and give them hope for their future, and when the time came, God was faithful to His Word!

Are you going through a difficult time today? Let this word bring you encouragement, too. God wants to give you double for your trouble. He is the God of restoration — that means He’s not going to just repay you for every wrong done, He’s going to go above and beyond and make things even better than they were before.

If you are facing challenges today or going through a time of adversity, remember, it’s always darkest just before the dawn appears. Your days are destined to shine brighter because God is faithful. As you stay in faith and are obedient to His Word, you’ll receive double for your trouble and see His promises come to pass!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your Word which lights my path and guides my steps. I choose to put my trust and hope in You today. Thank You for bringing restoration into my life as I keep my heart and mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jun 2013 03:29 #772 by DrMike
Seeing His Glory

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Then Moses said, ‘Now show me your glory.’ ” (Exodus 33:18, NIV)

Moses was talking to God and said, “God, show me Your glory.” God responded by saying, in effect, “Okay, Moses. I’ll show it to you, but you can’t see My face. The way you’ll know that I’ve been here is that you will see My goodness.” Whenever something good happens, large or small, God is saying, “That’s a sign of My presence.”

I believe that if you’re seeing goodness in your life, you’re seeing God. You’re seeing a sign of His presence. I’m convinced that we see God at work all day long, but many times, we don’t recognize it.

Today, be on the lookout for God’s goodness. Thank Him and praise Him for the little things as well as the big things. As you acknowledge His goodness, you’ll see Him more clearly and know His love in ways you never have before.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Show me Your glory; show me Your love. Help me to see You and know You more every day in Jesus’ name. Amen.

04 Jun 2013 06:21 #773 by DrMike
God’s Protection

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“ ‘Because he loves me,’ says the LORD, ‘I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.’ ” (Psalm 91:14, NIV)

One time, I was outside my house standing under a big oak tree talking with some people. There had been a severe drought, and the trees were very stressed. After we got through talking, we walked away. About ten seconds later, this big branch fell right where we were standing. If we had still been there, we would all be in the hospital. We walked away at just the right time. It wasn’t a lucky break; it was the goodness of God directing our steps.

Today, I encourage you to be on the lookout for God’s goodness. Acknowledge His name; acknowledge His love. Listen to the still, small voice and let Him direct your steps. He will lead you, guide you and protect you all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your protection. Thank You for Your faithfulness and love. I acknowledge Your name. I acknowledge Your love and thank You for Your goodness in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

05 Jun 2013 03:56 #774 by DrMike
Do You Recognize It?

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.” (2 Peter 1:3, NIV)

When something good happens, do you recognize that it’s God at work? Right away, that’s when you need to thank Him for it. Make sure you give Him the credit.

Some people don’t think that God is doing anything in their lives. But I’m convinced that God is constantly showing us His goodness. My question is: Are you recognizing it? Are you thanking Him for His goodness?

This week, look around. Be more aware of His goodness. Scripture says, “Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good.” If you’re going to taste God’s goodness, you have to realize that every good break, every time you were protected, every door that opened, every advantage that you’ve had is God working in your life. Don’t take it for granted. Recognize Him and thank Him for His goodness and faithfulness all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I am on the lookout for Your goodness. I honor and thank You for Your love. I praise You because You are faithful and glorify You in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.

06 Jun 2013 03:39 #775 by DrMike
Remember Your Victories

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Remember what the LORD your God did...” (Deuteronomy 24:9, NIV)

I’ve learned that the more you brag on God’s goodness, the more of God’s goodness you’re going to see. When you go around saying to people, “Let me tell you what God did for me”, you begin to see more of His goodness in your life. The Psalmist said, “I recall the many miracles God has done for me. I cannot stop thinking about them. They are constantly in my thoughts.”

Too many times, people today, instead of remembering their victories, they’re remembering their defeats, failures or disappointments. You’ve got to switch over and, like the Psalmist, start remembering the times God protected you; the times God showed you favor; the times God made a way when it looked like there was no way. That’s going to cause faith and expectancy to rise in your heart. You’ll have the confidence that if God did it for you back then, He can certainly do it for you right now.

I encourage you, remember your victories. Tell your children. Tell your neighbors. Tell your friends. Keep bragging on the goodness of God and move forward in the victory He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I praise and thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I remember the victories You’ve given me. I remember Your grace. I bless You and thank You for the good things You have in store for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.

07 Jun 2013 03:28 #776 by DrMike
Tell of His Goodness

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I will never forget your precepts, for by them you have preserved my life.” (Psalm 119:93, NIV)

Sometimes I think about my life, “How in the world did I get to where I am?” I’m not the most talented or the most qualified. I’ve done my best to be faithful, to make the most of what God has given me. The fact is that you can only go so high in your own strength. You can reach a certain level with your education, your talent and your ability, but it’s the goodness of God that will open doors you could not open on your own. The goodness of God will cause the right people to notice you. The goodness of God will take you places you never dreamed of.
I know many people can say that God has given them favor, promotion and increase. He has made things happen that you could not make happen by yourself. It’s important to acknowledge Him and praise Him for His goodness. Why don’t you take some time today and tell someone about what God has done for you. Praise Him and glorify Him because He is worthy. Tell of His goodness and watch what He will do in your future.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I will tell of Your love. I will tell of Your good deeds. I choose to glorify You in everything I say and do in Jesus’ name. Amen.

10 Jun 2013 03:55 #777 by DrMike
In All Things

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:6, NKJV)

God wants to help you in life. Not just in the big things, but in every detail. He wants to help you when you’re cooking dinner or driving in traffic. He wants to help you with your schoolwork, help you be more productive at the office, even help you find what you’re looking for when you’re at the store.

The key is that God will only be involved as much as you allow Him to be. Don’t just invite Him into your day on Sunday. Don’t just ask Him about the big things. Learn to hear His voice in the little things. He is big enough to handle every single detail.

Scripture says, “Acknowledge God in all of your ways.” Not some of your ways. Not just the big things — in all things. If you’ll start acknowledging God in all of your ways, He will crown your efforts with success.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I open my heart and life to You in a fresh, new way. I surrender every detail, every moment of every day to You. I choose to acknowledge You in all my ways knowing that Your hand is upon me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

11 Jun 2013 03:47 #778 by DrMike
Ask Him for Help

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“So Judah gathered together to ask help from the LORD...” (2 Chronicles 20:4, NKJV)

Scripture says that we are to acknowledge God in all of our ways. One way to acknowledge God is to simply ask for His help. On the way to the grocery store, under your breath, “God, help me to find what I’m looking for. Help this to be a productive trip.” That’s acknowledging God. You’re saying in effect, “God, I need You right now. I want You in my life.”

That simple acknowledgement is an act of faith. It opens the door for Him to direct your steps, even in the little things. God will help you find what you may not have found. He will put you at the right place at the right time. And sure, you can do this without God’s help. You can do it in your own strength. But when you learn to hear His voice in the little things, you’ll be confident to hear Him in the big things. When you acknowledge God, He breathes His favor on you. You’ll come into an anointing of ease. What should have been a struggle won’t be a struggle. That’s God crowning your efforts with success. Today and every day, ask Him for help and let Him lead you and guide you in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I confess that I need You. I ask for Your help. I don’t want to try to do it on my own. I know that Your ways are higher. Your ways are better. Lead me and guide me as I daily surrender to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

12 Jun 2013 03:30 #779 by DrMike
Stayed on Him

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.” (Isaiah 26:3, NKJV)

If you’ll acknowledge God in all you do, He promises to go before you and make the crooked places straight. That means He will cause the right people to show up. He will open doors that you could not open. He will crown your efforts with success.

Acknowledging God isn’t something we should just do every once in a while. He should always be on your mind. Think about two people when they are first dating. They are so enthralled with one another that no matter what they are doing, they are thinking about the other person. Well, that’s how we should be with God. First thing in the morning when you wake up, you should acknowledge Him, while you’re getting ready, while you’re driving, and all throughout the day. Don’t let the distractions of this temporary world take your focus. Be determined to make your relationship with the Father your highest priority. Keep your mind stayed on Him, and He will direct your steps!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the gift of today. I choose to keep my heart and mind stayed on You. Help me to stand strong against distractions and negative voices so I can hear You clearly and follow Your ways in Jesus’ name. Amen.

13 Jun 2013 03:47 #780 by DrMike
Pray Without Ceasing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Pray without ceasing.” (1 Thessalonians 5:17, NKJV)

What does it mean to pray without ceasing? That doesn’t mean for 24 hours a day we should get on our knees and never do anything else, never go to work. I believe this scripture is talking about an attitude. All throughout the day, under our breath, in our thoughts, we’re constantly thinking about God, thanking Him for His goodness, meditating on His promises, and asking for His help. Prayer should be a lifestyle. It should be so ingrained in us that it’s automatic. Develop the habit of acknowledging Him. That’s when God will fight your battles. That’s when God will make the crooked places smooth.

Today, be determined to pray without ceasing. Listen to the Holy Spirit’s prompting to pray. Know that God is with you and for you, and when you acknowledge Him in all your ways, He will direct your paths.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for another day to live and bless Your name. I choose to pray without ceasing, to honor You, acknowledge You and follow Your leading. Keep me close to You today as I keep my heart and mind on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.717 seconds