Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

28 Jun 2013 08:06 #791 by DrMike
Abiding in Him

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” (John 15:5, NIV)

Jesus said, “If you abide in Me, you will bear much fruit.” One translation says, “If you will depend on Me.” The word “depend” indicates continual action. You don’t depend once and then you’re done. It’s not, “Oh, I went to church on Sunday. I spent a couple hours. I did my duty.” No, if you’re going to depend on God, then all through the day your attitude should be, “God, I need You. God, help me to understand this subject in school. God, help me to raise these children.” That’s what it means to depend on God. The more you depend on God, the better things will work out. You will bear much fruit.

We can take the opposite of what Jesus said. If we don’t depend on Him, we’re not going to bear much fruit. We’re not going to be as productive as we could have been. Today, choose to abide in Him. Find strength in Him and let Him empower you for everything you face in this life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to abide in You. You are my source, my strength, my power for life. Keep me close to You and show me Your ways in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jul 2013 04:01 #792 by DrMike
Seek First

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“All night long I search for you; in the morning I earnestly seek for God...” (Isaiah 26:9, NLT)

Jesus said in Matthew 6, “Seek first the kingdom of God.” That word “seek” is a strong word. One definition is “to require as a vital necessity.” You have to see spending time with God as being vital to living a victorious life because some mornings we think, “I don’t want to get up early. I don’t feel like reading my Bible. I don’t feel like going to church today.” But once you get in a habit and see the benefits of how you feel refreshed and restored, you make better decisions, you’re more creative, you have God’s favor, and then you’ll think, “I can’t afford not to do it. When I don’t spend time with God, I don’t feel right. Something is missing.” “When I don’t go to church I don’t have the wisdom, the clarity, the direction. I don’t have the boost that I need for the week.”

Scripture says, “Seek first.” That indicates that we should take time for God at the start of the day. Don’t give Him your leftover time. Make Him a part of your normal routine. Make Him your first priority. Seek Him first, seek Him earnestly, and watch what He will do on your behalf.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to put You first. I acknowledge that without You, I can do nothing. I invite You to have Your way in my life as I seek You first in all that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.

02 Jul 2013 03:43 #793 by DrMike
What You Say

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust!” (Psalm 91:2, AMP)

Your words have tremendous power. No matter what you may be facing today, the words of your mouth can help set the course for your victory or set the course for defeat. You decide by what you say. When you wake up with an attitude of faith and expectancy and declare God’s Word, you will be strengthened and empowered by His Spirit. But at the same time, if you go around talking about your problems or talking about defeat, it drains your faith and sets your focus in the wrong direction.

That’s why it’s so important, today and every day, to take inventory of what you are saying. When challenges and obstacle arise, declare that God is your refuge and strength. Declare His Word. Declare that He is for you. Keep the weeds out of your heart by letting go of bitterness and choosing to forgive. Stay in step with God with your words and actions and receive His strength and power to be all He’s called you to be.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your Word which is refreshing water to my soul. I choose today to say what You say. I choose to meditate on Your Word. Keep me close to You always in Jesus’ name. Amen.

03 Jul 2013 03:59 #794 by DrMike
Right Companions

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” (Proverbs 18:24, NIV)

Your destiny is too big to accomplish on your own. That’s why it’s so important to be connected to the right people. We have to understand that God has already arranged for certain people to speak faith into you. He has already placed people in your path that will inspire you, challenge you, and help you accomplish your dreams. The reason some people never reach their highest potential is because they never get away from the wrong people.

Recognize today that not everyone can go where God is taking you. You’ve got to connect with people who understand your destiny and can call forth your seeds of greatness. You don’t have time to spend on people who are always pushing you down, telling you what you can’t do, or never giving you their approval no matter how hard you try. Friend, life is too short to drag people along. If you will get the wrong people out of your life, then God will bring in the right people so you can fulfill the destiny He has in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for placing the right people in my life. Help me to discern the right connections You have for me. Give me strength to release the wrong relationships so I have room in my life for the people You have chosen to connect with me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

03 Jul 2013 03:59 #795 by DrMike
Right Companions

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” (Proverbs 18:24, NIV)

Your destiny is too big to accomplish on your own. That’s why it’s so important to be connected to the right people. We have to understand that God has already arranged for certain people to speak faith into you. He has already placed people in your path that will inspire you, challenge you, and help you accomplish your dreams. The reason some people never reach their highest potential is because they never get away from the wrong people.

Recognize today that not everyone can go where God is taking you. You’ve got to connect with people who understand your destiny and can call forth your seeds of greatness. You don’t have time to spend on people who are always pushing you down, telling you what you can’t do, or never giving you their approval no matter how hard you try. Friend, life is too short to drag people along. If you will get the wrong people out of your life, then God will bring in the right people so you can fulfill the destiny He has in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for placing the right people in my life. Help me to discern the right connections You have for me. Give me strength to release the wrong relationships so I have room in my life for the people You have chosen to connect with me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

05 Jul 2013 03:49 #796 by DrMike
A Free Gift for All

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.” (Acts 10:34–35, NIV)

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom! And God’s freedom is free for everyone. It doesn’t matter what your nationality or heritage is, or who your family is. It doesn’t matter how much money you have or don’t have. God wants you free from everything that would hold you back in this life. He wants to pour out His abundant blessing on all who honor Him and choose His ways.

It says in Galatians that in Christ, there is no Jew or Greek or even male or female. That means God’s not judging you based on physical conditions; He’s looking at your heart. He’s looking at the gifts He’s placed inside of you.

Don’t let the enemy lie to you and tell you that God is blessing everyone else but you. Look for the ways He is pouring out blessing in your life. Thank Him for His acceptance, love and freedom today. Focus on honoring Him and doing what is right. Receive His favor and blessing because it is a free gift for all!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for loving and accepting me today. I choose to do what is right and honor You with my attitude, words and actions. Holy Spirit, show me if there is any area that isn’t pleasing to You and help me live as an example of Your goodness all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

08 Jul 2013 03:50 #797 by DrMike
Freedom in Contentment

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.” (Philippians 4:11, NIV)

In life, sometimes it’s easy to get so focused on our dreams and goals that we tune out everything else. We can get to the point where we’re not going to be happy until we see those things happen. But I’ve found that if we have to have something in order to be happy, our lives are out of balance. When our goals and dreams start to frustrate us; when we lose our peace and don’t enjoy life, that’s a clear sign that we’re holding on too tightly. What’s the solution? You’ve got to release it. Freedom comes when you say, “God, I’m turning it all over to You. You know my desires and what’s best for me. I’m choosing to trust You and trust Your timing.”

When we learn to be content whatever the circumstances, it takes away the power of the enemy. It takes away his ability to frustrate us. Not only that, but by our actions we are showing our faith in God. When you choose to trust in His timing, you can live in peace, you can live in joy, and you can rest in Him knowing that He has good things in store for your future. Today, find freedom in contentment and rest in His everlasting peace.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to trust in You. I release frustration over the dreams and desires in my heart, knowing that You know what’s best for me. I choose to trust Your timing because You are faithful, and I will bless You in all things in Jesus’ name, Amen.

09 Jul 2013 03:46 #798 by DrMike
The Keys to Freedom

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.” (Revelation 1:18, NIV)

Have you ever been locked out of your car or house? It can be very frustrating and inconvenient. Not having the right keys can keep you stuck and unproductive. It steals your time and can steal your peace and joy if you let it.

On a spiritual level, we need keys to access what God has for us — eternal life, peace, freedom and blessing. But we don’t have to stand on the outside living in frustration. Jesus holds the keys, and He has opened the way for us to walk from death to life. We don’t have to live in defeat, mediocrity, sickness, sin or any kind of bondage any longer. We have access to the abundant life Jesus came to give!

Today, if you feel stuck, locked out or defeated, remember Jesus is the one who holds the keys to your freedom. All you have to do is call on His name and He will answer. He promises to hear you and deliver you. Receive His salvation, receive hope, and receive the freedom and victory He came to give.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I come boldly to You. Thank You for giving me life through Your Son, Jesus. I surrender every area of my heart to You and ask that You make me whole and complete. Set me free and teach me to walk in Your ways in Jesus’ name. Amen.

10 Jul 2013 03:51 #799 by DrMike
Press Forward and Upward

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:14, ESV)

God is constantly calling us to higher places in Him. He wants us to know Him more. He wants us to know His ways, walk in His ways, and experience His victory.

The apostle Paul said in Philippians that he was pressing on toward the goal of Christ’s calling. How did he press forward? In verse 13 he says, “One thing I do, forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead.” See, in order to press forward, we have to let go of the weight of the past. We let go by forgiving and choosing not to dwell on things that can hold us back. We have to lighten our load, so to speak, so that we can rise higher in the things God has for us.

Today, if you are struggling in an area, ask God what you need to let go of. Sometimes, we need to let go of the good as well as the bad. “Good” can be the very thing that keeps you from “great.” Let go of the past, forgive, and press forward and upward to the prize of the high calling of Jesus Christ!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I release the past. I let go of the good and the bad. Search my heart. Show me any area where I need to make adjustments so I can move forward and upward with You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

11 Jul 2013 03:52 #800 by DrMike
Delight in Him

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart.” (Psalm 37:4, AMP)

Are you believing God for something that seems to be taking a long time? In the natural, you may have every reason to give up on what God has placed in your heart. At times, you may be tempted to get discouraged, but remember, God knows exactly where you are. He knows the desires He’s placed within you. He knows even the hidden dreams — what the scripture calls the secret petitions of your heart. Those are the things that you haven’t told anyone about. Maybe you thought they would never work out, or you’ve buried them because they didn’t happen on your timetable. But God still has a way to bring them to pass.

Be encouraged today because God is working behind the scenes on your behalf. Delight yourself in Him — find joy in serving Him and make your heart moldable in His hands. Don’t settle for mediocrity because God knows what’s in you, and His plan is to finish the work He began in you when you delight yourself in Him!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I humbly come to You today, giving You all that I am. Thank You for fulfilling every desire in my heart. Mold me and shape me into Your image. Remove anything from my life that is displeasing to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.934 seconds