Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

12 Jul 2013 04:12 #801 by DrMike
The Blessing Has Your Name on It

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore...” (Genesis 22:17, NIV)

The moment God said you were blessed, you became blessed. Now, you may not pick up that blessing for a year, five years or a lifetime, but that does not change what God said. The blessing still belongs to you. You’ve got to rise up and say, “You know what? I’m going to go get it. I’m not going to live another day defeated. I know God has a crown of favor with my name on it, and I’m going to go pick it up today. I’m going to start acting like I’m blessed, like I’m redeemed, like I’m the head and not the tail, like I’m more than a conqueror.”

Friends, the blessing already has your name on it. The good news is there is no line to get it. There is no “Will Call”. There are no late charges and no shortage in heaven! It’s all yours, totally paid for: blessings, favor, confidence, forgiveness. Rise up in faith. It’s your time. It’s your season. Start acting on it and receive everything He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness to me. Thank You for Your hand of blessing upon my life. I receive it by faith. I choose to walk in Your ways and thank You for leading me into victory in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jul 2013 03:50 #802 by DrMike
Love Drives Out Fear

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear...” (1 John 4:18, NIV)

Scripture tells us that God is love. He is perfect, and His love is perfect. There is nothing you can do to make God love you more and nothing you can do to make Him love you any less. His love toward you is steadfast; it’s unchanging. His arms are always stretched out toward you, and He is always ready for you to come to Him.

Sometimes people aren’t sure how God feels about them. They think He might be mad at them, but scripture tells us just the opposite. God’s not mad at you; He’s madly in love with you! It doesn’t matter what you’ve done or where you’ve come from, God’s arms are open to you. He’s longing to show you His goodness and grace. It’s His kindness that leads us to repent and change our ways.

Open your heart to Him today and receive His perfect love. Let it drive fear out of your life and make you new. Let His love wash over you and build confidence in you. Because of His great love, we can boldly come to Him and receive the mercy and blessings He has in store.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for loving me perfectly. I want to know You more, and I want to know Your love. I receive it by faith today and ask that You show me Your ways and fill me with Your peace as I keep my heart and mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

16 Jul 2013 03:40 #803 by DrMike
He Uses Our Difficulties

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” (2 Corinthians 12:10, NIV)

We all face difficult situations. Somebody isn’t treating you right; your business is not growing as fast as you had hoped, or maybe you’re single and still haven’t met anyone. It’s easy to get frustrated and anxious on the inside. You don’t understand why it’s taking so long or why things haven’t changed.

But here’s a key: just because it’s an uncomfortable place doesn’t mean it’s not where you’re supposed to be. God uses difficulties to do a work in us. We grow in the tough times. That’s when our character is being developed. God will not allow a difficulty unless He has a divine purpose for it. If we’re going to reach our highest potential, we have to make up our mind, “I’m not going to live frustrated because I am uncomfortable. I’m not going to be upset because things are not happening on my timetable. I’m not going to fight against everything that I don’t like.” Instead, believe that God is doing a work in you. Believe that He has the best for you. And see yourself moving forward in the victory He has prepared for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I give You my questions, frustrations, concerns and doubts. Have Your way in me. I trust that You are at work in every difficult situation in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

17 Jul 2013 03:50 #804 by DrMike
Be Transformed

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is — his good, pleasing and perfect will.” (Romans 12:2, NIV)

The word “transform” in the original Bible language is metamorpho. It’s where we get our word “metamorphosis.” When a caterpillar changes from a lowly worm into a beautiful butterfly, it is called a metamorphosis.

The caterpillar starts out as possibly one of the most unattractive insects. It’s very plain, nothing special about it. But God destined the caterpillar to go through a transformation. It goes from being one of the most ordinary creatures to one of the most beautiful. It no longer has to crawl on the ground — it is transformed into a beautiful butterfly.

Know today that as you meditate on the Word, as you pray and worship and surrender every area of your life to God, He is doing a work in you. He is transforming you from the inside out. Trust Him and stay in the process knowing that He has great things in store for your future.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the work You are doing in my life. I surrender every part of my being to You. Thank You for transforming me as I keep my heart and mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

18 Jul 2013 03:51 #805 by DrMike
He’s Doing a Work in You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“It is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.” (Philippians 2:13, ESV)

Some of the things you may be praying about, if God were to remove them right now, you wouldn’t be prepared for where He is taking you. You’ve got to let God do the work in you. In other words, be kind to the people who are not treating you right. Keep being your best even though you’re not getting the credit. Have a good attitude even though you’re in an apartment and all your friends are in a nice house. Pass those tests.

Paul prayed in Colossians 3 that the people would have the strength to endure whatever came their way. He didn’t pray that God would deliver them instantly or remove the difficulty. He prayed that they would have the strength to go through it with a good attitude. Paul understood this principle that God uses the tough times to get us prepared for the next level.

Today, if you are in a difficult situation, God wants to do a work in you. Surrender to Him. Surrender to His process. Obey His commands, and He’ll see you through to victory!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for doing a work in me. I hold fast to Your promises because You are faithful. Thank You for Your grace and peace as I daily keep my mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

01 Aug 2013 08:30 #806 by DrMike
Further, Faster

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.” (2 Peter 3:8, NIV)

I believe God wants to do exceedingly, abundantly above and beyond what you could even ask or think. He can take you further, faster than you could ever dream. God can speed things up on your behalf. Because you honor and trust Him, things that should have taken you a lifetime to accomplish will only take you a fraction of the time. This is the kind of God we serve!

We see this all through scripture. In just one day, David went from a shepherd boy to the one who led the Israelite army to victory. Ruth was a poor widow collecting scraps in the field, and God sent Boaz to her. She went from begging in the field to owning the field. God breathed in her direction. God took her further, faster.

Remember, the thoughts you think and the words you say are prophesying your future. If you want to see a shift occur in your life, you’ve got to get in agreement with God and say, “Yes, God, this is for me. I thank You that I am coming into my destiny sooner than I imagined!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I choose to trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I believe that You can take me further, faster than I could ever imagine. I surrender every area of my life to You. Use me for Your glory in Jesus’ name. Amen.

02 Aug 2013 04:35 #807 by DrMike
He Makes Up the Difference

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...for when I am weak [in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful in divine strength).” (2 Corinthians 12:10, AMP)

No matter what weakness you think you may have, no matter what inadequacies or setbacks you’ve encountered, God wants to give you His divine strength. He wants to make up the difference and put you further ahead than you ever thought possible.

One time in the Old Testament, God simply multiplied the sound of four men’s footsteps and caused them to sound like a mighty army. When their enemies heard them, they took off running. There were thousands of enemy troops running for their lives, scared to death, thinking they were being attacked by a massive army when in fact, it was just four people! What happened? God made up the difference.

Friend, God can make you seem bigger than you really are. He can make you look more powerful. He knows how to multiply your influence, your strength, your talent and your income. You don’t have to figure it all out; all you have to do is put your trust in Him. If you will trust Him and wake up every day expecting His far and beyond favor, then you’re going to see Him make up the difference in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I commit every area of my life to You. I trust that You will make up the difference and supply everything I need to fulfill Your purposes in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

05 Aug 2013 04:16 #808 by DrMike
Acceleration

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.” (Habakkuk 2:3, NIV)

We’re living in a day when God is speeding things up. What should have taken you a lifetime to accomplish, because you honor God, He is going to do in a fraction of the time. God is going to give you breaks that you didn’t deserve. He is going to bring the right people across your path. You’re going to see opportunity like you’ve never seen before. You need to get ready; you’ve come into a shift.

Think of it like a car. When you shift from second gear to fourth gear, the engine is still running at the same speed. It’s not working any harder, but you’re going faster. You’re covering more ground. The higher gears have greater capacity. They’re designed to go faster. In the same way, because you’ve kept God first place, He is shifting you to a higher gear. You’re going to go further, faster not because you’re working harder trying to make it all happen, but because it’s your time for acceleration!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your hand upon my life. I trust that You are working behind the scenes as I honor You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

06 Aug 2013 03:50 #809 by DrMike
He Orchestrates Your Life

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“There are many plans in a man’s heart, nevertheless the LORD’s counsel — that will stand.” (Proverbs 19:21, NKJV)

God is a strategic God. He has laid out an exact plan for our lives down to the smallest details. God knows the people you’re going to need to fulfill your destiny. He knows who is going to need to give you a good break and who is going to need to put in a good word for you. He knows when someone is going to need to be there to help you out of a difficult time. God has it all figured out. He is not vague or approximate. God is orchestrating our lives down to the very second, causing us to be at the right place at the right time so we can meet the right people that He ordained before the foundation of the world.

I can look back over my life and see time and time again where God directed my steps down to the exact moment. If I had been ten seconds earlier or ten seconds later, I would have missed an opportunity. Today, be encouraged because your times are in His hands. He orchestrates your life, so keep your faith and trust in Him.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for orchestrating my life. I trust that my times are in Your hands. I trust that You are working things out for my good as I keep my faith and hope in You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

08 Aug 2013 03:41 #810 by DrMike
Your Days Are Ordained

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” (Psalm 139:16, NIV)

God has already planned out every detail of your life right down to the very second. Think about our solar system, the way it rotates. Scientists tell us that every year it’s exactly on time down to the millisecond, day after day, year after year. Hundreds of years from now if the Lord tarries, it will still be precise. That’s because our God is not an approximate God. He is an exact God, a detailed God, a precise God. He has planned out your life not just to the years or the months or the days, but down to the very second. In your future, He has marked moments where time and eternity are going to come together, and you will be at the right place and get the break you need.

Scripture says that before you were born, God knew you. He knew every one of your days before they ever took shape. Trust Him and stay in peace because your days are ordained by the Lord.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Thank You for ordering my steps and ordaining my future. I trust You as You lead and guide me into victory in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds