Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

09 Aug 2013 03:41 #811 by DrMike
Even in the Hard Times

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” (Psalm 23:4, NIV)

When Moses was born, the king ordered that all the male babies were to be killed. You can imagine how devastated this mother must have been. She could have easily given up, but instead, she chose to believe that God was still in control. She put Moses into a little basket and sent him down the Nile River. It just so happened that Pharaoh’s daughter was out taking a bath — at the right place and the right time. She heard the cries coming from the basket. She opened it up and saw baby Moses and fell in love with the little boy. She was so excited and said, “I’m going to take him as my own.” She looked at her maids and said, “We need to find somebody that can nurse the baby.”

One of the maids said, “I know just who to get.” She went and found who? Moses’ mother. Moses’ mother was not only able to raise her son, but she got paid for doing it on top of that. Only God could orchestrate all of that.

Today, remember that even in loss, heartache or disappointment, God will order your steps. He’ll line up the right people and the right opportunities and lead you into victory all the days of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for being with me even in the hard times. I praise You because You are faithful, and I know You are leading and guiding me into victory all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Aug 2013 04:26 #812 by DrMike
Just Ask

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” (Matthew 7:7, NIV)

What do you need from God today? A lot of times, it’s easy to think that we’re not supposed to ask for too much, but scripture encourages us to go to God with all of our needs. He longs to give you the desires of your heart and pour out His favor and blessing on you. In fact, Jesus said, “You have not because you ask not.”

Anytime you step out and ask for God’s favor, blessing or increase, you are exercising your faith. When you do pray, make sure there isn’t anything in your heart that would block that faith. Begin your prayers by surrendering every thought and attitude to the Lord. Ask Him to purify your motives and show you if there is any unforgiveness in your life. When you surrender everything to the Lord, it opens the door for Him to move on your behalf. Today, surrender all to Him and ask for whatever you need. Let Him pour out His favor and blessing on every area of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I humbly come to You and surrender every area of my heart and life. I ask that You pour out Your favor and blessing on me so that I can be a greater blessing to others in Jesus’ name. Amen.

13 Aug 2013 07:22 #813 by DrMike
According to Your Faith

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...According to your faith be it done to you.” (Matthew 9:29, ESV)

A lot of times when people have a need, they think that if God wanted to, He would just automatically meet it. But Jesus didn’t say, according to your need be it unto you; He said, according to your faith. That’s why it’s so important to have an attitude of expectancy every single day. If we want God to move in our lives, we have to approach every day filled with faith and hope.

Scripture tells us in Romans that “faith comes by hearing the Word of God.” The more you meditate on the Word of God, the more your faith will grow and the more you will see Him working in your life.

Remember, God longs to bless you, and He’s given you everything you need to be successful in life. All things are possible to those who believe! Believe in His goodness today, believe His Word, and according to your faith, be it done for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your hand of blessing in my life today. I open my heart to You and trust that You have a good plan for me. Give me a heart filled with faith and hope to believe for every promise You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

14 Aug 2013 03:24 #814 by DrMike
Your Sun and Shield

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blam(Psalm 84:11, NIV)

Scripture says that God wants to be our sun and shield. What does the sun do for us? It lights our way, it keeps us warm, it nourishes the plants of the earth so that we can have food. The earth is sustained by its relationship to the sun, and God wants to sustain you through your relationship with Him. He also wants to be your shield of protection against all the fiery darts of the enemy. He wants to light and direct your path.

Are you ready to receive Him as your sun and shield today? Have you been relying on something or someone else to be your protection or give you direction? If you have, decide today to lean on your heavenly Father. Open your heart and receive all He has for you. Receive His favor, blessing and protection today. Let Him be your sun and shield as you move forward in victory all the days of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, today I open my heart and mind to You. I receive Your blessing and favor and ask that You direct my every step. Show me Your ways so that I may walk with You today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen.

15 Aug 2013 03:51 #815 by DrMike
Reflect Him

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Let this same attitude and purpose and [humble] mind be in you which was in Christ Jesus: [Let Him be your example in humility:].” (Philippians 2:5, AMP)

When you reflect something, you are exhibiting its likeness. You are displaying its characteristics. Like a mirror, the Bible tells us that we should reflect the character and likeness of Jesus. We should have His same attitude.

That may sound like a pretty tall order; after all, Jesus was the Son of God. But remember, when we accept Him as our Lord and Savior, we become sons and daughters of the Most High God, too. We become empowered by the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead. That means we have the same spirit of humility, the same strength, the same love, the same power on the inside. We are empowered to follow His example and do what He did. When Jesus walked the earth, the scripture says He went around doing good and bringing healing to others physically, spiritually and emotionally. That’s what we should be doing, too.

Notice this verse starts by saying, “Let...” In other words, we have to invite God into our attitude and actions. Choose today to invite Him to work in you. Reflect Him in your attitude and actions, bring good to others, and reap an abundant harvest of blessing in every area of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I invite You to dwell in my thoughts, heart and attitude. I choose to follow Your example and bring good to others. Help me to be a pure reflection of Your love in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.

16 Aug 2013 04:03 #816 by DrMike
He’s Working on Your Behalf

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“We know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” (Romans 8:28, NLT)

Right now, God is working behind the scenes in your life! No matter what you may be facing, no matter what trial you may be going through, God has a plan to turn things around in your favor. Right now, He is working out a plan for your good. Right now, He is orchestrating the right people to come across your path. He is orchestrating the right opportunities to open up to you.

You may not see it in the natural, but look with your eyes of faith today. Keep standing. Keep believing. Keep hoping. Keep following His Word. Focus on His goodness in your life, knowing that He rewards the people who seek after Him. As you meditate on the faithfulness of God and show your love for Him by following His Word, you will see His great plan come to pass. You’ll experience His peace and joy and embrace the victory He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. I trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. Give me Your strength and peace today and fill me with Your faith that overcomes in Jesus’ name. Amen.

19 Aug 2013 03:49 #817 by DrMike
Is There Anything Too Hard?

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Is any thing too hard for the LORD? ...” (Genesis 18:14, KJV)

In Genesis, God promised Sarah that she was going to have a child. At first she didn’t believe it. She thought she was too old. She thought her time had passed. But do you know what God said to her? He simply asked, “Sarah, is there anything too hard for the Lord?” I believe God is saying the same thing to us today. “Is there anything too hard for Me?”

Do you think your dreams are too big for God to bring to pass? Do you think that a relationship is too far gone for God to restore it? Do you think you have to just live with sickness the rest of your life? Get a new vision today because there is nothing too hard for God! God is saying today, “I am all-powerful. I can turn any situation around.” It doesn’t matter what things look like in the natural, we serve a supernatural God. The Amplified version puts it this way, “Is there anything too wonderful for the Lord?”

The next time you think, “That’s just too good to be true,” remember, God wants to bless you beyond your wildest dreams. Take the limits off and dare to believe that He has wonderful things in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to trust You with my whole heart. I know there is nothing too hard for You. Help me to stand strong in faith and keep me close to You all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

20 Aug 2013 08:21 #818 by DrMike
Whom Shall I Fear?

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” (Psalm 27:1, NKJV)

With God on your side, there is nothing to be afraid of. Our attitude should always be, “The Lord protects me from danger. Why should I be afraid? Though an army surrounds me, though they attack me from every side, I may feel trapped. I don’t see a way out. Medical report doesn’t look good. My bank statement tells me I’m not going to make it. But that’s okay, God is still on the throne. Nothing I’m facing is a surprise to Him.”

Remember, the enemy doesn’t have the final say; God has the final say. And when you put your faith and trust in Him, He says, “I will always cause you to triumph.” Be strong and be of good courage. Keep God first place in your life and move forward in confidence knowing that He is working things out for your good.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to put my trust in You, my light and salvation. Thank You for Your perfect love which casts out all fear in Jesus’ name. Amen.

21 Aug 2013 03:58 #819 by DrMike
Overcome the “What If’s”

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” (2 Timothy 1:7, NLT)

God’s desire is that we continually progress, that we reach higher heights and go to new levels in Him. Oftentimes, as soon as we make the decision to step out in faith and obey God, the enemy brings in fear to try to stop us. He’ll bring thoughts like, “What if you fail? What are other people going to think? You don’t have what it takes.” He’ll do his best to use fear to try to convince us to shrink back and stay where we are.

The Bible says that fear is a spirit. It plays on our emotions and holds us back. But the good news is that we have power over the spirit of fear! The Bible says that perfect love casts out all fear. When we receive God’s perfect love, we will have confidence about the future because we know His plans are for our good. I’ve heard it said that fear is an acronym for False Evidence Appearing Real. Understand that fear is a lie. Don’t buy the lie. Instead, choose to believe God’s Word and receive His love so that you can overcome fear and move forward into the blessings He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for giving me power, love and a sound mind. I open my heart to You and receive Your perfect love. Fill me with Your confidence and assurance to embrace everything You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

22 Aug 2013 04:09 #820 by DrMike
God’s Deep Secrets

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“That is what the Scriptures mean when they say, ‘No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.’ But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets.” (1 Corinthians 2:9–10, NLT)

Who do you share your deepest secrets with? Most people only share their inner thoughts with those who are closest to them. People they trust. People they’ve gone through experiences with. Do you know who God share’s His secrets with? This passage goes on to say, “Who can know a man’s thoughts except his own spirit?” In other words, God’s Spirit knows His thoughts. As believers, His Spirit lives inside of us, revealing to us the heart and thoughts of God Himself.

God wants you to know what He thinks about you. He wants you to know about the plans He has for you. He wants to show you things you’ve never seen, heard about or even imagined. As a believer in Jesus, you are His child, but you are also His friend. He wants you as His closest companion. He wants to walk with you, talk with and share with you. What a wonderful, amazing thought — we can know God’s thoughts because we are one with Him. Open your heart and allow Him to share His deep secrets with you today.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I am so humbled that You call me friend. I am honored to be connected with You and invite You to share Your heart with me. I surrender all that I am to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds