Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

10 Oct 2013 04:30 #851 by DrMike
Get the Capstone

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Who are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain! And he shall bring forth the capstone with shouts of ‘Grace, grace to it!’ ” (Zechariah 4:7, NKJV)

In scripture, when Zerubabbel wanted to rebuild the temple, he laid the foundation, but people came against him and forced him to stop. For ten years, no work could be done. Zachariah, the prophet, came by and told him to do something interesting. He said, “Go get the capstone.” The capstone was the stone that was reserved as the final piece of stone for the building. It was symbolic. It represented the finished product. Why was it important that he keep the capstone in front of him? Because every time he looked at it, it would remind him that God would finish what he started. When Zerubabbel was tempted to get tired and discouraged, he would go look at that capstone. That was God saying to him, “I’m still on the throne. I’m going to do what I promised. Just stay in faith.”

Today, do you have your capstone in front of you? Do you have something that represents the final piece to your dreams? Keep that vision in front of you. Keep focused on where you are headed. Get the capstone and thank God for His faithfulness to complete the work in you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the work You are doing in my life. Help me to keep the vision in front of me. Show me where to place my focus. Confirm Your Word with signs following as I stay on the course You have set for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Oct 2013 04:19 #852 by DrMike
Dream Without Limits

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.’ ” (Matthew 19:26, NIV)

Too many times we limit God with our thinking. God puts big dreams in our hearts, but in our eyes they look impossible and too big to accomplish. Although we want to see our dreams come to pass, we end up focusing on the mountain of obstacles before us. Maybe you dream of starting a business but you don’t know where to begin. Perhaps years of physical challenges have left you feeling like you’ll never be healthy. You look at your situation and begin to wonder how, and if, God will ever bring your dreams to pass.

Be encouraged today that God can do the impossible. He can supernaturally make all of the dreams He’s planted inside of you come to pass. What are you focusing on today? Your situation may seem impossible, but God sees it differently. See your dreams through eyes of faith the way God sees them fulfilled.

Make room in your thinking today for the dreams God has for you. If things look hopeless in the natural, put your confidence in the promises God gave you. Trust in Him to make all things possible for you. As you do, you’ll begin to see your dreams come to pass in ways you never imagined.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Lord, I give my situation over to You today knowing with You all things are possible. All of my hopes and dreams are in Your hands, and I will no longer limit You in my thinking. I choose to see my dreams through eyes of faith and believe they will come to pass. Thank You for working supernaturally on my behalf. In Jesus’ Name. Amen

15 Oct 2013 04:08 #853 by DrMike
Be Still and Know

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Be still, and know that I am God...” (Psalm 46:10, NIV)

In our culture, most people are used to having constant activity: computers, cell phones, television, email, video games. There’s nothing wrong with any of that, but the Bible tells us that we need to stop and be still so we can focus on knowing God. I’ve found this to be true especially during the difficult times. When you are facing a challenge, it’s easy to want to run to a friend or talk about it with a co-worker. But at some point, you have to stop and say, “God, I rest in You. I know You have me in the palm of Your hand.”

Remember, our battles are spiritual battles. The people in your life aren’t the source of your problems, the forces of darkness are. When you choose to be still and know that the Greater One lives on the inside of you, you are putting yourself in a position of strength. So today, take time to be still before Him. Let His peace cover you. Let Him refresh you by His Spirit. Remember, the battles you face belong to the Lord. Be still before Him so you can see His hand of victory in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, I humbly come before You. I choose to be still before You. Speak to my heart so I can know You more. Fill me with Your peace as I put my trust in You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

16 Oct 2013 04:17 #854 by DrMike
Choose Blessings for Your Future

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live.” (Deuteronomy 30:19, NKJV)

Your words have creative power. With your words, you can either bless your future or curse your future. If you want to know what your life is going to be like five years from now, just listen to what you’re saying about yourself today. Too many people go around saying, “I’ll never get well. I’ll never get out of debt.” “It’s flu season. I’ll probably get it.” “This marriage is never going to last.” Then they wonder why they don’t see things turn around. It’s because they’re calling defeat into their future. They’re calling in mediocrity. Don’t let that be you!
When you wake up in the morning, no matter how you feel or what things look like, instead of using your words to describe your situation, use your words to change your situation. Make a declaration of faith by saying, “This is going to be a great day. I have God’s favor. He’s directing my steps.” When you do that, you are choosing to bless your future. You are calling in favor, increase and opportunities. You are opening the door for God to move on your behalf so you can live the abundant life He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the blessings You have prepared for my future. I submit my ways and my words to You. Help me to speak what You speak and keep me close to You. I give You the glory in all things in Jesus’ name. Amen.

17 Oct 2013 03:16 #855 by DrMike
Unshakable Confidence

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.” (Hebrews 10:35, NIV)

When God places a promise in your heart, you have to come to the place where you believe it’s going to happen so strongly that nothing can talk you out of it. It may seem impossible. All the circumstances may tell you that it’s not going to happen, but deep down you have to have this confidence, this knowing, that God is still on the throne. He is bigger than any obstacle. He already has a way, and at the exact time, what He promised will come to pass. You have this unshakeable confidence. You know that God is fighting your battles, arranging things in your favor, making a way even when you don’t see a way.

Instead of being discouraged, you get up in the morning thanking God that the answer is on the way. Instead of talking about how big the problem is, you go through the day talking about how big your God is. Your mind is set in one direction: victory, favor, healing, restoration. It may be taking a long time, but God didn’t bring you this far to leave you. You’ve seen Him do it in the past, and you know He will do it again in the future. You are fully persuaded because when you know your God, you have unshakeable confidence!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I profess that my hope and confidence is in You! I choose to believe Your Word which says You are faithful and Your Word is forever settled in heaven. Show me Your love as I keep my heart and mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

24 Oct 2013 04:28 #856 by DrMike
Pray for One Another

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed" (James 5:16, NIV)

All throughout Scripture, we see that God's system operates on the principle of sowing and reaping. If you sow blessing and mercy into the lives of others, that's what you'll reap in your life in return. The same thing happens when you pray for one another. There's a spiritual dynamic at play when you get your mind off yourself and onto others. You're sowing a seed so that God can do something in your own life.

Is there someone in your life you can pray for? Maybe it's a friend or a family member in need. They don't have to be present, you can pray for them as you go about your day or even driving in your car on the way to work. Remember, when you pray for others, God will make sure someone is praying for you. It's that connection of faith that opens the door for God to move mightily on your behalf.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for another day to be used by You. I choose to pray for the people in my life as You have commanded. Direct my thoughts and prayers today so that I can be a blessing to others and honor You in everything I do. In Jesus' Name. Amen

25 Oct 2013 06:51 #857 by DrMike
The Moment We Pray

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"My enemies will retreat when I call to you for help" (Psalm 56:9, NLT)

Are you believing for God to do something in your life today? I want to encourage you because God is already working behind the scenes on your behalf! Just because you don't see anything happening, doesn't mean that God isn't working. The moment we pray, God sets the miracle into motion. The thing we have to remember is that God doesn't say, "I'll deliver you in one hour, or next week, or Tuesday at 5:00 p.m." No, He doesn't put a time frame on it. That's where trust comes in. We have to know that our enemies retreat as soon as we call on Him for help. We have to choose to go back to the place of peace knowing that He is working things out.

Today, shake off the temptation to get discouraged during the waiting process. Shake off offense, shake off discouragement. Remember, all it takes is one touch of God's favor to take you years ahead. Keep standing, keep believing, keep hoping because the answer is on its way the moment we pray!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for hearing me the moment I pray. Today I choose to trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf no matter what I see in the natural. I will praise You today and always because You are faithful. I love You and bless You. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

28 Oct 2013 04:00 #858 by DrMike
His Plans are Greater

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:9, NIV)

Have you been praying and standing on God's Word for something and you haven't seen the results yet? The scripture says in John 11 verse 6, "When Jesus heard that Lazarus was sick, He stayed where He was two more days." One translation says, "He sat down." Don't you know that was the opposite response that Lazarus' family was looking for? "Jesus, don't sit down when we need You the most." In other words, "God, don't sit down when my finances are this low." "Don't sit down when my problems are this big." But in the end, God not only healed Lazarus, He raised him from the dead!

Your mind may be telling you it's over, it's too late, it's never going to happen. No, you've got to know there is a reason for the delay. God is planning something greater. You're thinking of a healing. He is thinking of a resurrection. You may be thinking how can I just survive, but God is thinking how you can thrive. Remember, His ways are higher than your ways, and you can trust that He is going to amaze you with His goodness in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, today I choose to trust in You. I trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I release all of my cares and concerns to You knowing that You have a greater plan in store for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

29 Oct 2013 03:23 #859 by DrMike
Make Time

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us" (2 Corinthians 5:20, NIV)

It's interesting that many of the miracles Jesus performed weren't planned or scheduled. Oftentimes, they happened when He was interrupted.

Walking down the street, a blind man hollered out, "Jesus! Have mercy! Come over and heal me!" Jesus didn't say, "Don't you know I'm the Son of God? I'm important. I've got a lot to do." No, Jesus stopped what He was doing, went out of His way, and healed the man. Jesus was willing to be inconvenienced to help other people in need.

We have to remember that as believers, we are the hands and feet of Jesus in the earth. We are His ambassadors. We may have a lot on our "to do" lists, but we have to be willing to make time for the people God has placed in our lives. That means not only your friends and family, but people you encounter on a daily basis. Today, keep your heart and mind open because God wants to do something in and through you when you choose to make time for Him.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I commit myself wholeheartedly to Your service. Thank You for choosing me and equipping me to be a blessing to the people around me. Use me for Your glory as I set my love and attention on You today. In Jesus' Name. Amen

30 Oct 2013 03:43 #860 by DrMike
Don't Give Up On Your Tomorrows

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future;" (Jeremiah 29:11, NIV).

No matter what may be happening today, God has good things in store for your future! It may not be easy to see now, but God has already lined up a new beginning, new friendships, and new opportunities for you. Maybe last year had some setbacks and difficulty, but don't make the mistake of expecting this year to be the same. It's time to get a new vision because it is a new day!

As believers, our attitude should be, "Even though the economy is down, I'm not worried. I know God is going before me, and He has promised He will make rivers in the desert." Or, "The medical report may not look good, but I have another report that says that God is restoring health unto me. I believe God has already released healing, health and victory in my future." Or, you may have a child who is not on the right course. In the natural it seems impossible. But our report should be, "I know God can do the impossible! My child will fulfill their destiny!" Be encouraged today and don't give up on your tomorrows because God has a good plan in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father in heaven, thank You for giving me a hope and a future. Thank You for loving me. Thank You for choosing me. Thank You for delighting in me. I invite You to renew my heart and mind to the good plans you have for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds