Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

14 Nov 2013 04:11 #871 by DrMike
Overcome with Good

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” (Romans 12:21, NIV)

The scripture says, “We overcome evil with good.” In other words, when somebody’s rude or inconsiderate, don’t sink down to their level. Don’t be rude and inconsiderate back to them. No, if you going to rise higher, if you are going to overcome, you have to do just the opposite. You have to show kindness, grace and mercy. It isn’t always easy; in fact, it’s almost never easy. It takes a lot of humility to treat someone with respect who is disrespecting you. But do you know what happens when you walk in humility? God gives you His grace. He empowers you to walk in His goodness. Scripture plainly says, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”

Today, walk humbly with God and overcome evil with good. Show mercy and sow mercy. Receive His grace, receive His power, and receive His strength to be everything He’s called you to be.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for the grace to overcome in this life. I choose Your goodness. I choose Your ways. Help me to show Your love and walk in peace in every circumstance in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Nov 2013 03:36 #872 by DrMike
Don’t Give it Up!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” (Proverbs 17:22, ESV)

Throughout life, there will always be something that will try to take our joy. If it’s not a grumpy sales person, it’s a family member aggravating you, traffic is backed up, your flight got delayed, or your spouse is taking too long! Don’t go the next 20 years allowing the same people and same circumstances to frustrate you. Change your approach. What’s upsetting you now doesn’t have to upset you anymore. You can choose to keep your cool and stay calm and steady. Remember, a relaxed attitude is going to lengthen your life. The next time you’re tempted to be upset, ask yourself, “Is this really worth me giving up my joy?”

If you’ll make this decision to not give away your joy, to live each day happy, God promises you’ll be strong, you’ll have better relationships and you’ll accomplish more. He says a joyful heart is good medicine! Hold on to your joy and move forward into the abundant life God has in store!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I will hold on to joy! I choose to live each day with peace and happiness. I choose to rely on Your strength and Your Word which guides my every step. I love You and thank You for loving and directing me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

18 Nov 2013 03:53 #873 by DrMike
Don’t Let the Storm In

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, ‘Peace, be still!’ And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.” (Mark 4:39, NKJV)

Have you ever thought about the fact that a boat can be surrounded by water, sailing through a vast ocean with water for miles in every direction, but it’s not any problem unless the boat starts taking on the water? If the boat starts allowing the ocean to come inside, before long, it will sink.

The same principle is true in life. You can have trouble all around you — stress, frustration and worry. But the good news is, just like that boat, you don’t have to allow what’s on the outside get on the inside. When difficult times come, you don’t have to be overwhelmed by the waves of worry or fear. What should you do? Follow the example of Jesus. When He was in the midst of the storm, He stood up and spoke to the storm.

Always remember, no matter what storms may come against you, the Greater One lives on the inside of you. Turn to Him and walk in His power. Don’t let the storm in, and speak peace to every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for filling me with Your Holy Spirit and empowering me to stand against the storms of life. Today I declare peace over every area of my life and thank You for working things out for my good in Jesus’ name. Amen.

19 Nov 2013 04:09 #874 by DrMike
Believe and Enter Rest

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Now we who have believed enter that rest...” (Hebrews 4:3, NIV)

God desires for you to live in peace and rest no matter what is happening around you. When you believe God, you enter into His perfect rest. But if you are controlled by your circumstances, if you’re up when things are up and down when things don’t go your way, then life is going to be a roller coaster. God’s plan is for you to be stable, consistent, not moved by any of these things.

Anytime you face adversity or hit a tough time, one of the best things you can do is simply stay calm and keep your peace. When you’re in peace, that’s a position of power. You’re saying with your actions, “God, I trust You. I know You are still on the throne. This may be difficult, but I know You are fighting my battles.” That’s what faith is — believing that God is who He says He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. When you believe God, you enter into rest and walk in peace and joy no matter what is happening around you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for peace and rest as I put my trust in You. Today I declare that You are my King. I declare that You are faithful. I declare that my faith and trust is in You, knowing that You have a good plan in store for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.

20 Nov 2013 03:46 #875 by DrMike
Say What He Says

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.” (Genesis 1:3, KJV)

When God created the worlds, He didn’t just think them into being. He didn’t just believe there would be light and land and oceans and animals. He had it in His heart, but nothing happened until He spoke. He said, “Let there be light,” and light came. His thoughts didn’t set it into motion; His words set it into motion.

It’s the same principle today. You can believe all day long and not see anything happen. You can have faith in your heart, big dreams, stand on God’s promises and never see anything change. What’s the problem? Nothing happens until you speak God’s Word. Instead of just believing you’re going to get out of debt, you’ve got to say so. Declare every day, “God is my provider. I’m coming out of debt. God is faithful to His Word, and He is faithful to me!”

Today, make sure you are speaking what God speaks about you, your family and your future. Declare His Word and meditate on it day and night. Believe what God believes, say what He says, and see what He sees for every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to speak what You speak. I choose to believe what You believe about me. Help me to know Your ways, help me to know Your love so that I may walk with You all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

21 Nov 2013 03:54 #876 by DrMike
Ask For Rain

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Ask the Lord for rain in the time of the latter rain...” (Zechariah 10:1, NKJV)

In scripture, rain represents God’s favor. This verse is telling us to “ask for rain even though it’s raining.” What does that mean? You might think, “If it’s raining, it doesn’t seem like you’d need to ask for it.” But God is saying, “My favor is available to you, but you’re not going to receive it unless you ask.”

Right now, God is showering down blessings, healing, promotion and good ideas. It’s raining favor. But, we have to do our part to get our words in line with what God wants to do. We have to ask for that favor. We have to call it in if we are going to experience it. We have to release our faith with our words.

This is a great day to be alive! God is pouring out His favor like no other time in history. Right now, it’s raining increase. It’s raining new ideas. It’s raining promotion. Don’t let it pass you by. Start declaring it for yourself, “I am blessed. I am favored. I am healthy. I am free.” Ask for rain in this time of rain and see His blessing and provision in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your grace, mercy and favor. Right now, I ask for rain in the time of rain. I ask for increase of Your favor and blessing. Use me to be a blessing to others everywhere I go in Jesus’ name. Amen.

22 Nov 2013 05:19 #877 by DrMike
Give Your Faith a Voice

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, ‘I believed and therefore I spoke,’ we also believe and therefore speak.” (2 Corinthians 4:13, NKJV)

Every believer has been given a measure of faith. In order to see the promises of God come to pass in your life, you have to give your faith a voice. You must declare what God says about you in His Word. Those seeds of faith inside you are activated when you speak them out into the atmosphere. That’s why the scripture tells us, “Let the weak say I am strong. Let the poor say I am rich.” When you give your faith a voice, you send forth the Word of God, and the Bible says that He watches over His Word to bring it to pass in your life.

The key is to not allow words of defeat or negativity to come out of your mouth. Don’t dig up your seed by speaking against His Word. Instead, water your seed by continuing to declare the Word of God. When you wake up every morning, thank Him that His promises are coming to pass in your life. As you do, you will see those things come to pass, and you will live the life of victory God has prepared for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I humbly come before You giving You my thoughts, my actions and my words. Help me to activate my faith by speaking Your Word daily. May my words and thoughts be pleasing to You always in Jesus’ name. Amen.

25 Nov 2013 03:53 #878 by DrMike
Give Your Faith a Target

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.” (Hebrews 11:1, NLT)

So many people today are depressed and discouraged simply because they only focus on their present circumstances. They’re constantly dwelling on their problems, what they don’t have, and what’s wrong with them. They don’t realize it, but they’re allowing the enemy to steal their hope. This negative frame of mind is what keeps people from moving forward in life.

Understand today that faith is confidence and assurance about the things we hope for according to the promises of God. Like an arrow, your faith points to the target of hope. If you don’t have hope, that arrow of faith will just drop to the ground. It won’t accomplish anything. But when you keep your hopes up, when you keep expecting and believing, it’s as if that target gets larger and larger — easier to hit!

Choose today to live with an attitude of expectancy. Get your hopes up! Start by taking captive any negative thoughts you may have one at a time. As you focus on God’s goodness and faithfulness, you’ll feel that hope inside you growing. You’ll give your faith a target, and you’ll move confidently into the blessings and peace the Lord has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I surrender every thought to You. I choose to release my cares and concerns so I can focus on Your goodness in my life. Thank You for the gift of faith to see the impossible become possible as I continue to place my hope and confidence in You in Jesus’ name, Amen.

26 Nov 2013 03:56 #879 by DrMike
Decide Ahead of Time

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” (1 Thessalonians 5:18, NIV)

Have you ever said to yourself, “I’d be happy if...”? Maybe you’re thinking, “I’d be happy if my spouse treated me better.” “I’d be happy if my boss moved to another planet.” “I’d be happy if I didn’t have to sit in traffic every day.” If you are thinking those thoughts, then you are allowing what you can’t control to sour your life. You have to change your approach.

At the first part of the day, before you get out of bed, make the decision that no matter what comes your way, you are not going to get upset. No matter what somebody says, you’re not going to be offended. No matter what interruption or delay, you’re not going to be sour. The key is to decide ahead of time. Then when life happens, when traffic is worse than normal, when your children forget their homework at school, or when your plans don’t work out, it’s no big deal. You’ve already decided that “this is the day the Lord has made.”

Friend, don’t wait until you’re in the heat of the battle. Make up your mind to rejoice no matter what happens. Decide ahead of time to give Him praise in all things so you can move forward in the joy and peace that He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to rejoice in You. In all things, at all times, in every circumstance I will praise You. I release what I cannot control. I submit myself to You and thank You for the victory in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

27 Nov 2013 03:35 #880 by DrMike
Lack No Good Thing

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the LORD will lack no good thing.” (Psalm 34:10, NLT)

It’s easy to think, “If I had more money, I could accomplish my dreams. If I had this or that, or knew the right people, then I could do something great.” But as long as you feel like you’re lacking or that you were shortchanged, then you’ll make excuses to be less than your best.

Today, get a new perspective. God has given you exactly what you need for the season that you’re in. You have the talent, the friends, the connections, the resources, the experience you need for right now. It doesn’t mean that’s all you’re ever going to have. You may need more next month or next year. When that time comes, God will make sure that you have what you need. Because your trust is in the Lord, you don’t have to worry. You lack no good thing.

Remember, you are equipped, empowered and anointed for this moment. You are not lacking. You have what it takes. Rejoice because increase is coming. Promotion is coming. New opportunities are coming. You are ready for whatever may come because you put your faith and trust in Him.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your provision in my life. Today I declare that I trust You! You give me everything that I need as I rest and hope in You in Jesus’ name. Amen!

Time to create page: 0.836 seconds