Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

30 Dec 2013 07:16 #901 by DrMike
Identify with Him

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Therefore if any person is [ingrafted] in Christ (the Messiah) he is a new creation (a new creature altogether); the old [previous moral and spiritual condition] has passed away. Behold, the fresh and new has come!” (2 Corinthians 5:17, AMP)

So many people fall into the trap of identifying with their challenges instead of identifying with Christ. For example, you may be dealing with a sickness, but understand, you are not a sick person trying to get well. You are a well person fighting off sickness. You may be struggling in your finances, but you’re not a poor person trying to get ahead. You’re a successful person fighting off poverty. You may be struggling with an addiction. You’ve had it many years. Don’t see yourself as an addict. Don’t let that image become ingrained on the inside. You are not an addicted person trying to get free. You are a free person fighting off an addiction.

Remember, in Christ you are a new creature. The old has passed away. Don’t let it cling to you! Identify with Christ and embrace the freedom and victory He has for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to identify with Your Son, Jesus, who came so that I could have abundant life. Thank You for making all things new. I trust that You are at work in my life and declare that I am healthy, whole and strong in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Dec 2013 04:29 #902 by DrMike
Hold Your Peace

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace and remain at rest.” (Exodus 14:14, AMP)

One time in scripture, when the Israelites were facing an impossible situation, God told them, “Hold your peace. Remain at rest, and I will fight your battles.” Notice there was a condition, something the Israelites had to do. It’s the same for us today. Hold your peace. That indicates something is trying to take it away — thoughts of worry, fear, anxiety. You might think, “What if it doesn’t happen? What am I going to do?” If you will just stay in peace, the Creator of the universe, the Most High God will go to work on your behalf.

Remember, nothing can stand against our God. He has all power. He stopped the sun for Joshua. He closed the mouths of hungry lions for Daniel. Whatever you face in life, if you will just hold your peace and remain at rest, God promises He will fight your battles and lead you into everlasting victory!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I put my trust and hope in You. I choose to hold my peace knowing that You will fight my battles. Thank You for working all things out for my good in Jesus’ name. Amen.

01 Jan 2014 05:07 #903 by DrMike
Magnify the Lord

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.” (Psalm 34:3, KJV)

Something powerful happens inside when you magnify the Lord. What does it mean to magnify the Lord? When you magnify Him, you aren’t changing Him; you are changing the way you see Him. You are making Him bigger in your life than your problems and circumstances.

So many people today waste time and energy talking about their problems and feeling sorry for themselves. That’s because they are magnifying their circumstances in their own mind and heart. But when you start magnifying the Lord by talking about Him and worshiping Him, you are making Him the main priority in your life and opening the door for Him to move on your behalf.

Today, decide that no matter what’s going on in life around you, you are going to magnify your God. Talk about His goodness. Talk about His faithfulness. Declare that He is working behind the scenes on your behalf. Exalt His name today and lift Him up and see His hand of blessing in every area of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, today I choose to magnify and exalt You. You are faithful and good. Help me to keep my heart and mind focused on You all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

02 Jan 2014 08:45 #904 by DrMike
Consider Your God

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body...he did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform...” (Romans 4:19–21, NKJV)

Abraham, who is known as our father in the faith, had many obstacles coming against the promise of God in his life. God told him that he would be “the father of many nations.” Abraham was over 90 years old before he ever saw that promise begin to come to pass. This scripture tells us that He didn’t consider his body. He didn’t think and meditate on all the reasons why he couldn’t be the father of many nations. No, he considered and thought about the strength and ability of God! He thought about God’s faithfulness and gave praise and glory to Him. The faith that Abraham exercised opened the door for God to do mighty things in and through Him.

Today, what are you believing God for? Does it seem impossible? Has it taken a long time? Consider your God. Consider His Word. Consider His faithfulness. Just like Abraham, you’ll grow strong in faith as you give glory to God. Trust Him today and experience the victory He has in store for you tomorrow!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your faithfulness and strength at work in my life today. I choose to consider Your ability over my circumstance. I choose to trust You and give You praise, honor and glory, now and always in Jesus’ name. Amen.

03 Jan 2014 04:49 #905 by DrMike
The Good Land

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For the LORD your God is bringing you into a good land — a land with brooks, streams, and deep springs gushing out into the valleys and hills.” (Deuteronomy 8:7, NIV)

Are you facing an area of lack in your life? Lack in your finances, lack in your relationships, lack in your physical health? The good news is that’s not the place God wants you to stay. He wants to bring you into a new land with no lack, no shortage, no defeat and no mediocrity. He wants you to live in a place where you will have more than enough so you can be a blessing to others. He wants to lift you up and keep you up. He wants you to remain stable and strong in Him.

The key is, in order to get God’s results, we have to do things God’s way. His love is unconditional; His access is unlimited, but our obedience is what opens the door to His blessings. We have to do our part and humble ourselves before Him and keep pressing forward with an attitude of faith and expectancy.

Remember, promotion doesn’t come from people, it comes from the Lord. When we follow Him, He leads us into the land of blessing, the land of more than enough, the land of opportunity. Today, put Him first, follow His commands and let Him lead you into the good land!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Thank You for restoring my soul and leading me beside still waters. Today, I recommit my life afresh and anew. Help me follow Your commands and leading in every area of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen.

06 Jan 2014 07:58 #906 by DrMike
Something New for You!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?” (Isaiah 43:19, NLT)

It’s a new year, and God has something new in store for you! His plan for your life is not for you to reach one level and get stuck and stay there for 30 or 40 years. His plan is to increase you, open new doors before you, and take you places that you’ve never imagined. He has something big in your future, and He has something big in store for this year! He’s already planned out big breaks, big opportunities, and big ideas for you. You may have seen God’s goodness in the past, but you have not touched the surface of what God has for you in 2014! He is doing a new thing!

I believe this new thing is going to be far greater than you’ve ever seen before. It’s going to be bigger than you imagined. It’s going to be more rewarding than you thought possible. Receive it by faith and declare, “Yes, God, this is for me today. I’m not going to get stuck where I am. I know You’re a big God, and You have something new coming my way!”

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for a new day and a new year to glorify You. Thank You for choosing me and using me for Your purposes. I set my love on You today knowing that You have something new in store for me this year in Jesus’ name. Amen.

08 Jan 2014 06:14 #907 by DrMike
How Will You Finish?

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” (2 Timothy 4:7, NIV)

So often when people make mistakes, they get down on themselves and think, “If only...” “I should have...” “What if...?” It’s easy to feel like you’ve missed the best plan for your life. That’s when people get discouraged and stop pursuing their God-given dreams. But understand today, just because you’ve made a mistake or failed in some way doesn’t cancel God’s plan. God never disqualifies you. He never says, “Go sit on the sidelines. You’ve blown it too many times. You’ve got too many weaknesses.” No, God always gives you another chance!

Some of the great people in the Bible made very poor choices. The apostle Paul started off as a murderer, yet his destiny was bigger than his mistakes. He ended up becoming a great leader and writing over half of the New Testament.

What am I saying? Our mistakes, our failures, our poor choices don’t have to keep us from our God-given destiny. With God, it’s not about the way you start in life, it’s about the way you finish. Receive His grace today and embrace the bright future He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your grace and mercy. I trust that my days are ordered by You. I ask that You strengthen and empower me to fulfill Your call on my life. I love You and bless You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.

09 Jan 2014 06:19 #908 by DrMike
Get Back Up Again

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again...” (Proverbs 24:16, NIV)

Life is full of things that try to push us down. We all face disappointments and setbacks. Maybe you received some bad news about your health, or perhaps a relationship didn’t work out. That was a setback. It’s easy to get discouraged or lose your enthusiasm or even be tempted to just settle where you are. But if we’re going to see God’s best, we have to have a “bounce back” mentality. That means when you get knocked down, you don’t stay down. You get back up again. You have to know that every time adversity comes against you, it’s a setup for a comeback!

Remember, as a believer in Jesus, the same power that raised Christ from the dead lives on the inside of you. There is no challenge too difficult, no obstacle too high, no sickness, no disappointment, no person, nothing that can keep you from your God-given destiny. If you stay in faith, then God will turn what was meant to be a stumbling block into a stepping stone, and you’ll move forward in strength, full of faith and victory!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for setting me up for success in everything I do. I choose to trust and rely on You knowing that Your plans are for my good. I know my best days are ahead of me and look forward to the blessings You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

10 Jan 2014 06:01 #909 by DrMike
The Good Land

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For the LORD your God is bringing you into a good land — a land with brooks, streams, and deep springs gushing out into the valleys and hills.” (Deuteronomy 8:7, NIV)

Are you facing an area of lack in your life? Lack in your finances, lack in your relationships, lack in your physical health? The good news is that’s not the place God wants you to stay. He wants to bring you into a new land with no lack, no shortage, no defeat and no mediocrity. He wants you to live in a place where you will have more than enough so you can be a blessing to others. He wants to lift you up and keep you up. He wants you to remain stable and strong in Him.

The key is, in order to get God’s results, we have to do things God’s way. His love is unconditional; His access is unlimited, but our obedience is what opens the door to His blessings. We have to do our part and humble ourselves before Him and keep pressing forward with an attitude of faith and expectancy.

Remember, promotion doesn’t come from people, it comes from the Lord. When we follow Him, He leads us into the land of blessing, the land of more than enough, the land of opportunity. Today, put Him first, follow His commands and let Him lead you into the good land!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Thank You for restoring my soul and leading me beside still waters. Today, I recommit my life afresh and anew. Help me follow Your commands and leading in every area of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen.

13 Jan 2014 05:28 #910 by DrMike
Love Much

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Therefore I tell you, her sins, many [as they are], are forgiven her — because she has loved much. But he who is forgiven little loves little.” (Luke 7:47, AMP)

Did you know that forgiveness opens the door for love to operate in your life? This scripture passage is talking about the story of the woman with the alabaster box of costly perfume. She was a notorious sinner in her day, and when she saw Jesus, she fell at His feet and began washing them with her tears and drying them with her hair. She knew she was forgiven. When she received Christ’s forgiveness, love was the automatic response. She was forgiven of much, and her love was extravagant.

Do you want more love in your life? Do you want to feel more of God’s love and have stronger relationships with the people around you? Open your heart to forgiveness. Receive Christ’s forgiveness and extend it to others. When you are forgiven much, you will love much. As Christ’s love flows through you, your faith will be strengthened, your hope will be renewed, and you will be empowered to live the abundant life He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, Thank You for loving me. Thank You for Your forgiveness which opens the door for Your love to flow through me. Show me Your love and help me to be a light and example of love everywhere I go in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.425 seconds