Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

14 Jan 2014 07:14 #911 by DrMike
Nothing Wasted

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion.” (Psalm 103:4, NIV)

I know people who feel like they’ve wasted years of their lives because of poor choices. They spent years in a relationship that was toxic, years with an addiction, years at a job where they weren’t fulfilled. But you have to realize, nothing you have been through is ever wasted. Your past experiences, good and bad, have deposited something on the inside of you. Those challenges have sharpened you to help make you who you are today. When the enemy brings hardship into your life, God has a way of taking that experience and turning it around for your advantage. You may think you’ve hit a dead end, but if you’ll stay in faith, you will see God begin to open up a new route. He’ll put the right people in your path, the right opportunities, the right circumstances to move you forward toward the blessing God has in store for you!

Today, don’t focus on what’s happened in your past, focus on what God will do in your future. He wants to restore your soul and revive your dreams. Keep believing, keep expecting, keep hoping because God has a new route for your future!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I come humbly before You today. I give You my past, present and future, knowing that You will redeem my life. I release those who have hurt me. I choose forgiveness so I can be free to move forward in the path You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2014 04:37 #912 by DrMike
Joy to the World

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.” (Psalm 16:11, NIV)

God promises that joy is found in His presence. If you’ve accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then His presence lives inside of you. That means you can have joy 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!

Joy manifests when you focus your heart on the Father and praise Him for who He is and what He’s done in your life. The Bible says that He inhabits the praises of His people. When you begin to praise and thank Him, you are in His presence. You have access to His full joy.

Today, know that no matter what’s going on around you, God wants you to experience His supernatural joy and peace at all times. That’s why He sent His Son, Jesus, into the world, so He could live inside of you. Don’t waste another minute feeling burdened or condemned. Let the joy of the Lord be your strength and move forward in the victory He’s prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for an endless supply of joy. Today I choose to cast my cares on You and praise You because You are worthy. Let joy flow through me as I honor You in all I say and do in Jesus’ name. Amen.

16 Jan 2014 05:01 #913 by DrMike
Ask Big

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession.” (Psalm 2:8, NIV)

God doesn’t want us to just barely get by in life. He wants us to thrive and experience the fullness of His blessing. Not only does He want to meet our needs, He wants us to be in a position to reach out and help meet the needs of others, too.

When we pray and ask God for something, it opens a supernatural door. Our faith gives God something to work with. Faith is what pleases Him. Faith moves mountains. Did you know that it pleases God when we pray bold prayers and ask Him for big things? God loves it when we step outside of the realm of the possible and totally believe what He can do. With God, all things are possible!

Today, I encourage you to get bold with your prayers. Ask God for big things. Believe that He is working behind the scenes on your behalf. Put your faith to work because God is faithful. He has big things in store for you, and He says to ask Him!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I come to You with an attitude of faith and expectancy. You said that if I ask anything according to Your will, it will be done. So I thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life and believe for big things in 2014 in Jesus’ name! Amen.

20 Jan 2014 07:08 #914 by DrMike
Blessing Will Come on You

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“All these blessings will come on you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God.” (Deuteronomy 28:2, NIV)

All the time, I hear testimonies of what God is doing in the lives of His people. Even recently, a man told me how he received a check in the mail unexpectedly, an inheritance from a loved one he had never met. With that one check, he was able to pay off his house which was a desire of his heart. He thought it was going to take him 30 years, but God had other plans. It happened in a fraction of the time!

Friend, when you’re in covenant with God, when you keep His commands and honor Him with your tithes and offerings, you are positioning yourself under an open window of heaven. He’ll do things for you in a fraction of the time of what it would take anybody else! His blessings will come on you and overtake you!

Why don’t you take the limits off of your life today by stepping out in faith? Do what the Word says and keep an attitude of faith and expectancy. Know that He loves you with an everlasting love, and He wants to overtake you with His blessings today!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I come to You with an open and humble heart. Thank You for surprising me with Your love and blessings today. Keep me close to You and help me to always follow Your Word in Jesus’ name. Amen.

21 Jan 2014 04:42 #915 by DrMike
See the Wonders of God

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Those who go down to the sea in ships, who do business on great waters, they see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.” (Psalm 107:23, NKJV)

Friend, you and I were created to do business in deep waters. In other words, we’re not supposed to have little dreams or little plans. We’re supposed to get out there and have big dreams. We are supposed to go out into the deep things God has for us. But understand, when you’re out there in the deep waters, you can’t touch the ground. You can’t see the shoreline, and at times, it can get a little rocky. You may not always see how things are going to work out. But, Scripture tells us that deep calls to deep. In other words, God is the one who has called you to the deep waters. He is with you, and He knows there are deep things on the inside of you. When you are in those deep waters, you are not alone. God is with you, and He’s causing those deep things inside of you to come forth.

If you feel like you are out in the deep today, if you feel like you are overwhelmed, remember, you are in the right place and God is with you. You will see the Wonders of God in the deep!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for calling me out into the deep. Today I surrender every area of my life to You. I choose to trust You knowing that You will show me Your wonders and glory in Jesus’ name. Amen.

22 Jan 2014 04:50 #916 by DrMike
Bless Your Future

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live.” (Deuteronomy 30:19, NKJV)

Did you know that with your words you can either bless your future or curse your future? Your words have creative power. If you want to know what your life is going to be like five years from now, just listen to what you’re saying about yourself today. Too many people go around saying, “I’ll never get well.” “I’ll never get out of debt.” “It’s flu season. I’ll probably get it.” “This marriage is never going to last.” Then they wonder why they don’t see things turn around. It’s because they’re calling defeat into their future. They’re calling in mediocrity. Don’t let that be you!

When you get up in the morning, no matter how you feel, no matter what things look like, instead of using your words to describe your situation, use your words to change your situation. Make a declaration of faith by saying, “This is going to be a great day. I have God’s favor. He’s directing my steps.” When you do that, you are choosing life for your future. You are calling in favor, increase and opportunities. Your words are coming into alignment with God’s Words, and when you align yourself with God, He’ll lead you into victory and blessing all the days of your life.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I commit my words to You today and choose to bless my future. Thank You for directing my steps. I keep my heart and mind focused on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

23 Jan 2014 03:47 #917 by DrMike
The Great Exchange

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.” (2 Corinthians 5:21, NIV)

If you’ve accepted Jesus today, then you are the righteousness of God. That means you are one with Him and an extension of His virtue. You are approved by Him. You are in right standing with Him. You belong to Him.

Not only did Jesus pay for the punishment for your sins, the Bible says He actually became sin. He took sin upon Himself and into His being so that you could take God’s righteousness upon yourself and into your being. It’s the great exchange.

Today, don’t let the enemy hold you back by making you feel guilty or condemned. You are not who you used to be; you are the righteousness of God in Christ! First John 1:9 says that if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If there is anything in your life that is holding you back today, confess it to God. Let Him cleanse you and make you new. Remember, He paid a precious price so that you could be His righteousness. Meditate on this truth and let Him set you free!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for cleansing me and making me new. Thank You for making me the righteousness of God in Christ. Help me to fully understand this so I can walk in the fullness of the blessing You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

24 Jan 2014 04:51 #918 by DrMike
Staying Rock Solid

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.” (Matthew 7:24, NIV)

When we have rock-solid faith, we won’t be moved by what’s happening around us. We have peace in our hearts and minds because our hope is in God. We have an attitude that says: “I’m not moved by this medical report. I respect and honor people that are trying to help me, but I know God can do what medical science cannot do. God made my body.” “I’m not moved by the economy, the stock market, my job situation. I know God supplies all of my needs. He promised He would prosper me even in a recession.” “I’m not moved by how my children are acting. I’m not stressed out because they’re off course, making poor choices. I know it’s only a matter of time. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

Friend, that’s unshakeable faith. That’s building your house on a rock-solid foundation. When the storms of life come, you won’t be moved. How do you stay rock solid? By meditating on the Word of God and following His commands. It’s that simple. Instead of making your circumstances the focus, you make God the focus and stand strong and secure in Him! Today, make spending time with God your number one priority and learn to stay rock solid in Him!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your Word which is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I choose to hide Your Word in my heart. I choose to meditate on Your promises. I know that You are faithful to Your Word and thank You for rock-solid faith as I keep my heart and mind focused on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

27 Jan 2014 03:54 #919 by DrMike
Consider Your God

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body...he did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform...” (Romans 4:19–21, NKJV)

Abraham, who is known as our father in the faith, had many obstacles coming against the promise of God in his life. God told him that he would be “the father of many nations.” Abraham was over 90 years old before he ever saw that promise begin to come to pass. This scripture tells us that He didn’t consider his body. He didn’t think and meditate on all the reasons why he couldn’t be the father of many nations. No, he considered and thought about the strength and ability of God! He thought about God’s faithfulness and gave praise and glory to Him. The faith that Abraham exercised opened the door for God to do mighty things in and through Him.

Today, what are you believing God for? Does it seem impossible? Has it taken a long time? Consider your God. Consider His Word. Consider His faithfulness. Just like Abraham, you’ll grow strong in faith as you give glory to God. Trust Him today and experience the victory He has in store for you tomorrow!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your faithfulness and strength at work in my life today. I choose to consider Your ability over my circumstance. I choose to trust You and give You praise, honor and glory, now and always in Jesus’ name. Amen.

28 Jan 2014 04:33 #920 by DrMike
Say of the Lord

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust!” (Psalm 91:2, AMP)

What are you saying of the Lord today? In other words, what are you declaring that God will do in your life? The next verse in this passage says, “And He will cover me, deliver me and protect me.” Notice the connection: “I will say” and “He will do.” What a wonderful promise! On the other hand, if we’re not saying anything, we’re not releasing our faith. So you could read the passage in the reverse, “I will not say of the Lord, and He will not do.”

Always remember that your words have creative power. Life and death are in the power of the tongue. When you declare who God is in your life, you are displaying your faith and trust in Him. Faith is what pleases God and opens the door for Him to move in your life. Today, declare God’s greatness in your life. Declare that He is faithful. Say of the Lord and watch what He will do on your behalf!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I choose Your promises. I choose to declare that You are my Refuge and my Fortress. I will trust and hope in You all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Time to create page: 0.846 seconds